[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

USA BASKETBALL: Marbury
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/8/2004  1:45 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1086687256191650.xml

Read this link. Carlos Boozer is the latest player picked to play.

I dunno guys....the USA team doesn't look all that. Maybe it's all the young players.

Marbury is currently the main point guard on the roster and the rest of the guys are players that need to a point guard to truly be sucsessful. Marbury is gonna have the pressure of leading these guys.

Check out the roster:
F- jefferson, marion, Boozer, Amare
c- Duncan
G- LeBron,Iverson, and Marbury

That's a good roster still but it just seems a little scary to me. I don't want to lose to no European club again.

Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Ron Artest and Reggie Miller are on the list to fill out the roster.

Marbury is the only pure point guard. It's gonna be a interesting summer.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
6/8/2004  2:18 PM
I'm not worried about having a pure PG--- I'm more worried about not having any pure shooters on the team. The Olympic team is full of athletes and looks like it'd be able to excel in isolations.

However... shooters are needed for spacing in international play. They're arguably more important than a having a low post presence or slashers.

Forget about Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, or even Reggie Miller.

Some of these unsung guys would truly help: Damon Jones, KVH (they need big men-- a big man w/ a touch is even better), Voshon Lenard, Kareem Rush, David Wesley, Tony Delk...

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/8/2004  3:15 PM
there is a big difference with this team and the team that got whooped in the world games or IBL or whatever it is called. That team had ben (no offense) wallace playing center. No one guarded him, and that allowed them to pack it in and we didn't have the best shooters. We also had andre miller at PG and he didn't play well either. This team will have steph who will be a beast to handle and Duncan will be the main factor. There is no one in Europe that can guard him in the paint. that will leave room for guys like steph, lebron, wade and even reggie to do damage... Boozer should also be a big factor also...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/8/2004  6:04 PM
A few more shooters would definitely help, I'd add Hamilton and Redd before Reggie after his showing in the ECF.

I still think that's a fantastic team, much better than the one finished 6th at Worlds. Don't forget, this team is coached by Larry Brown, the other was coached by the infamous George Karl.

Iverson, Marbury, Duncan are all going to be very tough to guard for guys who've never been in the NBA and never seen a guy as quick/fast as Iverson, as strong and compact as Marbury, and as talented overall as Duncan. LeBron should play pretty well too. It should be interesting.
#Knickstaps
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/8/2004  8:22 PM
Posted by tkf:

there is a big difference with this team and the team that got whooped in the world games or IBL or whatever it is called. That team had ben (no offense) wallace playing center. No one guarded him, and that allowed them to pack it in and we didn't have the best shooters. We also had andre miller at PG and he didn't play well either. This team will have steph who will be a beast to handle and Duncan will be the main factor. There is no one in Europe that can guard him in the paint. that will leave room for guys like steph, lebron, wade and even reggie to do damage... Boozer should also be a big factor also...

if you put it that way....then cool. guys gotta play roles though. it will be fun to watch
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
6/8/2004  8:53 PM
It won't ever happen, but i'd like to see the NBA champion become the team that goes into all Internation Competition. They may not win every year, but they'd be a ready formed TEAM complete with Superstars and Role Players.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/8/2004  9:28 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Duncan stays on the team. No one will be able to stop him
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/8/2004  10:04 PM
"It won't ever happen, but i'd like to see the NBA champion become the team that goes into all Internation Competition. They may not win every year, but they'd be a ready formed TEAM complete with Superstars and Role Players." So what if Dallas wins the Championship, who plays for them? Nowitzki would play for Germany, Nash for Canada, Najera for Mexico, etc. That'd be the main reason why you couldn't do that, becuase most teams would be somewhat depleted.

Not to mention it'd be unfair if they had to play an insanely long, continuous season.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/9/2004  3:58 AM
I hope that it'll have a good impact on marbury to be recognized as a young but talented PG. playing with stars in that kind of competition, though tiring, can boost your confidence level.

Playing close to larry brown is not a bad thing either.
I remember barkley, saying that the barceelona olympics changed his career, helped him turn around things and be a better teamate.
USA BASKETBALL: Marbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy