[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gloomy off-season
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/8/2004  10:20 AM
There are a lot of options, but not too many chances for us to improve our team. Things are always so hard for the Knicks to accomplish, specially when they have a half decent GM at the helm. A lot of deals that can be made, but will require excellent dealing skills to make them happen. A lot of names are out there on the table: Al Harrington, Dampier, Iverson, TMack, Kobe, Bender, Chandler, Jamal Crawf, Mashburn, etc. However, we have this big crazy Houston's contract that actually stand in our way. Since we resemble the Magic so much, will we at least be lucky to acquire the services of Tmack at least????
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/8/2004  12:12 PM
nope...not unless we're trading them Stephon Marbury.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/8/2004  12:19 PM
I dont think this will be a gloomy offseason. If we can just get guys healthy I think its a good offseason. I'm looking forward to Frank, Sweetney, Dermar and whoever we draft play in the summer leagues. We do have some nice assets, we just have to find the right team(s) to make deals with. No we arent getting TMac or Kobe but that doesnt mean we arent going to improve the team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/8/2004  12:29 PM
Isiah said when he first came aboard that he is gonna have to find players in weird ways because of the contracts that are here.

Well look at what he's done. He traded Weatherspoon who next to Shandon Anderson is the worst player in the league....definately the worst player at his position. What he got back was one of the best back-ups in the league in Moochie. Say what you want about Moochie and his contract but at least you won't have a problem trading him.

Isiah traded Ward and Eisley in the same trade, along with all of the Knicks other question marks. The sucsess of the team rested on the fragile knees of McDyess, whether Milos would come over, and whether Lampe would become a player. All of that was blown away with one trade. The Knick got back one of the best point guards in the league and one of the most intelligent veterans around regardless of his contract in Penny.

Keith Van Horn was turned into 2 starters that are young with trade value.

Knicks just have to trust Isiah. While we talk about all of the hot names out Isiah is probably looking at some guy we never thought about. Just like he did with all of the moves he's made.

There will be sunlight on our cloudy day.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
USA
6/8/2004  12:51 PM
I certainly hope so. I don't doubt Isia's abilities at all, but the fact still remains that we don't have any cap rooms, nor a first round draft pick. My hope is that he will trade Frank Williams and Kurt to acquire first round draft picks from THE Clippers, Utah, or the Bulls.
TMS
USA
6/8/2004  1:02 PM
What he got back was one of the best back-ups in the league in Moochie. Say what you want about Moochie and his contract but at least you won't have a problem trading him.

Moochie is 1 of the best backup PG's in the league? since when? he's ok, but definitely overpaid at what he's making...i don't see many takers for his contract to tell you the truth...you can get a good backup PG for alot less than what Moochie makes.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
6/8/2004  1:06 PM
Moochie is not that bad, we can do with him. Our problem childs are: Houston 4sure, Anderson, and Kurt. We have to get rid of them.
EnySpree

6/8/2004  1:17 PM
Posted by TMS:
What he got back was one of the best back-ups in the league in Moochie. Say what you want about Moochie and his contract but at least you won't have a problem trading him.

Moochie is 1 of the best backup PG's in the league? since when? he's ok, but definitely overpaid at what he's making...i don't see many takers for his contract to tell you the truth...you can get a good backup PG for alot less than what Moochie makes.

that's all you got out of what i said? give me a break. I knew someone would say something that's why I didn't change it.

So what's your take on it....you would rather have kept Weatherspoon?

This thread isn't about that and it's not worth debating.

The trade was ingenious.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
USA
6/8/2004  1:40 PM
dude, you said that Moochie was the 1 of the best backup PG's in the league & that his contract was very tradeable...what's wrong w/me disagreeing w/u on that point? i didn't question your overall point that Isiah has made some deals to unload some worthless players like Spoon & Eisley so relax.
EnySpree

6/8/2004  1:50 PM
Posted by TMS:

dude, you said that Moochie was the 1 of the best backup PG's in the league & that his contract was very tradeable...what's wrong w/me disagreeing w/u on that point? i didn't question your overall point that Isiah has made some deals to unload some worthless players like Spoon & Eisley so relax.

I am relaxed gosh darn it.

yeah but you only point out that Moochie part out and not the rest. Yeah some think Moochie is a bum....he is a bum but he's one of the better bums that's why he is a back-up. He's still better to have on your roster than Weatherspoon.

I expect Isiah to pull off more moves like that this off season. Hopefully sending Shandon, and KT out of town.
Chico
Member: #666
6/8/2004  2:14 PM
the gloomiest aspect this offseason is the fact that our franchise player is playing in competitive basketball as opposed to resting up and healing any nagging injuries and sprains. He played a lot of minutes and will be expected to play a lot of minutes next season. Not giving his body the offseason to rest could lead to injury next season. Playing competitive basketball against the best in the world could lead to injury over the summer. The security situation in Athens is a real issue. Greece is right next to the Middle East. Its been public knowledge that the Olympics will be in Athens for years. Years for bad guys of all stripes, shapes and colors to ilfiltrate. Its a real potential for trouble. While its likely nothing bad WILL happen, its also true that something bad COULD happen.

unless of course isiah has been playing everybody like a fiddle and he trades marbury to LA along with Sweetney and Tim Thomas for Shaq.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/8/2004  3:19 PM
moochie is a decent back up, he certainly won't hurt you when he is in the game, but I agree with enyspree, zeke did trade some awful and untradeable players and if anything got us back youger more desirable players to develop or include in trades..

I am looking forward to the offseason..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
6/8/2004  5:14 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by TMS:

I am relaxed gosh darn it.

yeah but you only point out that Moochie part out and not the rest. Yeah some think Moochie is a bum....he is a bum but he's one of the better bums that's why he is a back-up. He's still better to have on your roster than Weatherspoon.

I expect Isiah to pull off more moves like that this off season. Hopefully sending Shandon, and KT out of town.

i didn't point out the other aspects of your post because i didn't have a problem w/any of the other points you were making...i was all in favor of that trade to ship Spoon's fat butt out of town, trust me...i just don't think Moochie's as good as you might have inferred he was, that's all.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/9/2004  3:54 AM
Posted by Chico:

the gloomiest aspect this offseason is the fact that our franchise player is playing in competitive basketball as opposed to resting up and healing any nagging injuries and sprains. He played a lot of minutes and will be expected to play a lot of minutes next season. Not giving his body the offseason to rest could lead to injury next season. Playing competitive basketball against the best in the world could lead to injury over the summer.

you nailed it ! that could be a real issue as all players that play in the summer have bad seasons the following yr. I do hope that when the season starts,we'll manage to monitor his minutes, maybe limit them to 20 in order to help him recover. Frank could be very valuable here.

What's your take about that ?
Gloomy off-season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy