Author Thread
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/19/2014  12:04 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Here we go with Melo's knee. Sore since the Game # 2. They're going to have to rest him at some point

better fix it now before it turns into H20 v2.0

Melo already admitted to already having his knee checked out but is opting to play through it for now. Refused to say what it was.

$124mil investment....year 1 of 5

Like I've said, Amare # 2. Better player by far, but same basic risk being gambled on again. Guy's too shopworn to pay him this much for that long and with no trade clause. Only blind optimists would think his body is going to hold up for five years.

Tried explaining this to Fishmike for 2yrs but he was adamant about re-signing Melo for the supermax while overlooking the wear and tear of Melo's 12yr career of heavy use

Then he proceeded to call me a Melo-hater

yeah, he still loves Amare, what can you say to that? Seems so completely obvious to me these guys always sign with us when they've already been through the grinder. Only diff here is we ground down Melo here on his first contract, so its doubly stupid for management not to know Melo is a tired dude who worked hard for his paycheck, but his body has paid the price. He has been on our medical staff's tables for years now. If he breaks down early, there will be zero excuses. They signed on for this.

Any argument that we couldn't let Melo walk can be countered by, OK, then we should have signed and traded him for assets.

But the other counter-argument is will it be worth an untradeable $124M if he can only plays half of his contract or if he is soon past his prime? Will it be worth that? I say it is just gambling and anything but a sure bet the deal will return its full value to the Knicks.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/19/2014  12:06 AM
Starting JR and Shump is bad news. Both are SG's and neither is Sprewell. Shumpert needs to play the two where he classifies as a bigger 2, or even the 1 (blast me all you want but Ron Harper played the point in this offense at one point)
Shump
Smith
Melo
PF of the day
Sam

Playing Shumpert at the 3 takes away his size and strength advantage. I see all this shuffling and the constants are Carmelo, Larkin, Sam(for the most part). Only part Fisher hasnt messed with to see other options is the PG spot.

~You can't run from who you are.~
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

11/19/2014  12:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2014  12:12 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Here we go with Melo's knee. Sore since the Game # 2. They're going to have to rest him at some point

Melo already admitted to already having his knee checked out but is opting to play through it for now. Refused to say what it was.

Like I've said, Amare # 2. Better player by far, but same basic risk being gambled on again. Guy's too shopworn to pay him this much for that long and with no trade clause. Only blind optimists would think his body is going to hold up for five years.

Tried explaining this to Fishmike for 2yrs but he was adamant about re-signing Melo for the supermax while overlooking the wear and tear of Melo's 12yr career of heavy use

I thought his shoulder would go before his knees

Clear indication a player is close to declining

When they get their shot blocked more often

And they double triple pump fake like every 3-4shots or so

This started like 2yrs ago but of course fans

Looked at his PPG and said he was better than ever

Although he was a more vibrant and efficient

In Denver last 4yrs to the 4 he's been here

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/19/2014  6:20 AM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I thought his shoulder would go before his knees

Clear indication a player is close to declining

When they get their shot blocked more often

And they double triple pump fake like every 3-4shots or so

This started like 2yrs ago but of course fans

Looked at his PPG and said he was better than ever

Although he was a more vibrant and efficient

In Denver last 4yrs to the 4 he's been here

So when Melo pump fakes you don't see it as him trying to draw a foul or set up his man so he can get an easier shot? You see it as a sign that he w
Was declining physically?

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/19/2014  6:45 AM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I thought his shoulder would go before his knees Clear indication a player is close to declining When they get their shot blocked more often And they double triple pump fake like every 3-4shots or soThis started like 2yrs ago but of course fans Looked at his PPG and said he was better than ever Although he was a more vibrant and efficient In Denver last 4yrs to the 4 he's been here

yeah, those silly fans. Some of them do not understand efficiency. Some of those fans need to look at his efficiency since coming to NY and compare them to Denver. Wait what? Then again some fans do not understand efficiency and make stuff up.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2014  6:50 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I thought his shoulder would go before his knees Clear indication a player is close to declining When they get their shot blocked more often And they double triple pump fake like every 3-4shots or soThis started like 2yrs ago but of course fans Looked at his PPG and said he was better than ever Although he was a more vibrant and efficient In Denver last 4yrs to the 4 he's been here

yeah, those silly fans. Some of them do not understand efficiency. Some of those fans need to look at his efficiency since coming to NY and compare them to Denver. Wait what? Then again some fans do not understand efficiency and make stuff up.

It's a .554 vs. .544 TS%. I'd call that a meaningful but still small difference.
yellowboy90

11/19/2014  7:03 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

It's a .554 vs. .544 TS%. I'd call that a meaningful but still small difference.

Or you could just say he was wrong. Then again maybe he will be right after the year or the small difference might grow larger.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/19/2014  7:27 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Or you could just say he was wrong. Then again maybe he will be right after the year or the small difference might grow larger.

Bigger question. How did you convert F50's post so that quoting it doesn't take up an entire page of the thread.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90

11/19/2014  8:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Bigger question. How did you convert F50's post so that quoting it doesn't take up an entire page of the thread.

Backspace. I try not to quote F5 with out it.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/19/2014  8:33 AM
F500ONE wrote:
Knixkik wrote:When we have Melo and shump play so well and still lose to Milwaukee it's bad. It's obvious we have 2 real different makers and that's it. Calderon will add a 3rd. THjr will be there someday too. So when healthy we have 3 real impact players and one future impact player and that's it. The good news is shumpert seems like he could be turning a corner and we have the cap space necessary to add a couple of difference makers. And I don't always buy that playing for a new contract thing. Not every player only plays well when motivated by a new contract. Shump doesn't seem like that type.

If they were real difference makers

We wouldn't of been down 17pts at half

And

Parker/Illyasova

Mayo/Middleton/Dudley

Wouldn't have been so productive[efficient] as they were

Who were their counters this game, Melo and Shump

Played what you call zero sum ball tonight

Very similar to the other night Melo allowing

Hayward to have a career game essentially

Just because you put up big numbers in a loss doesn't mean you played zero sum ball. It can also mean there is no other help to speak of. Come on you can do better then this.
F500ONE

11/19/2014  9:52 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Actually it's 55.24 to 55.04

Hence I said last 4yrs and not whole career with both teams

I'm looking an equal comparison of yrs, should be 5yrs I guess

Which btw he recently brought up his past 4gms

He simply became slightly more volume here

Which somewhat assisted his TS%

The point remains he's been about the same player

But he was more explosive in Denver that is a fact

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/19/2014  9:54 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Wow, if JR didn't go cold the knicks probably would have found another way to lose. He missed a few open 3s when Bucks made there run though.

Killer

Can we please get JR & Amare off this team

Then sooner the better

Hang on in there, gunsnewing- December 15th comeths!

F500ONE

11/19/2014  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2014  9:56 AM
Knixkik wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Knixkik wrote:When we have Melo and shump play so well and still lose to Milwaukee it's bad. It's obvious we have 2 real different makers and that's it. Calderon will add a 3rd. THjr will be there someday too. So when healthy we have 3 real impact players and one future impact player and that's it. The good news is shumpert seems like he could be turning a corner and we have the cap space necessary to add a couple of difference makers. And I don't always buy that playing for a new contract thing. Not every player only plays well when motivated by a new contract. Shump doesn't seem like that type.

If they were real difference makers

We wouldn't of been down 17pts at half

And

Parker/Illyasova

Mayo/Middleton/Dudley

Wouldn't have been so productive[efficient] as they were

Who were their counters this game, Melo and Shump

Played what you call zero sum ball tonight

Very similar to the other night Melo allowing

Hayward to have a career game essentially

Just because you put up big numbers in a loss doesn't mean you played zero sum ball. It can also mean there is no other help to speak of. Come on you can do better then this.

Oh so when he plays bad to mediocre D

Conclusion is he had no help

Get real, he had a chance to check a couple offensive players first half[he failed]

So when he played better D second half was it because he locked down

Or are we to cite his teammates providing

Him help, which is it

F500ONE

11/19/2014  10:01 AM
You want to know another trend

It pains some fans to acknowledge

THJR has played better past 7-8gms

IMO he could be better, but it's no coincidence

That when Fisher stuck to giving him quality

Minutes[20min+/gm] he's performed THJR like, matter of fact almost

All of his numbers are up across the board

If he plays under 20min/gm he's near trash

Gamethread: bring on the Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy