[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: bring on the Bucks
Author Thread
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/18/2014  11:00 PM
I am certainly not going to waste much energy trying to convince someone Shump had a good game. You seem to get stuck in rhetorical concepts like this inversion nonsense. If he is Jekyll and Hyding like you say, then I'll just ignore the defensive stops and strips plus the swishes and offensive play of the game all late in the game. Oh never mind
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/18/2014  11:05 PM
When we have Melo and shump play so well and still lose to Milwaukee it's bad. It's obvious we have 2 real different makers and that's it. Calderon will add a 3rd. THjr will be there someday too. So when healthy we have 3 real impact players and one future impact player and that's it. The good news is shumpert seems like he could be turning a corner and we have the cap space necessary to add a couple of difference makers. And I don't always buy that playing for a new contract thing. Not every player only plays well when motivated by a new contract. Shump doesn't seem like that type.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/18/2014  11:07 PM
Splat wrote:I am certainly not going to waste much energy trying to convince someone Shump had a good game. You seem to get stuck in rhetorical concepts like this inversion nonsense. If he is Jekyll and Hyding like you say, then I'll just ignore the defensive stops and strips plus the swishes and offensive play of the game all late in the game. Oh never mind

He played good defense in the second half

Probably was the major reason we as a team played better D

The first half he wasn't good defensively

http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=400578448

http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=400578448&period=2

How many pts did Middleton, Mayo, Dudley have at the end of 1st half Splat

Guarded by a combination of Shump/Smith/THJR, in particular 1qrt numbers

What was the score at the end of the first half

Play-By-Play doesn't lie

So yeah I call Jekyll and Hyde on Shump

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/18/2014  11:09 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:That's what we get for being lazy dogs earlier

They obviously don't care so why should we?

I like that Timmy caught fire and all that jazz, but the only real positive takeaway from this game is Shump is clearly the only leader on this team who imposes his will on the game with any consistency.

I think Shump is teetering on being an empty stat player

He's essentially traded in his defense for offense

We don't really have a dog on our team

Shump tries to be off the chain but it's clear IMO

He's playing for a contract, his angle is no different

Than Phil's money grab

i looked at his defensive win shares and it is true they are down so far this season. but at the end of the day the issue is not whether he is an empty stat player but whether he is a positive-sum player. i think there's a difference. there's no way his stats in a vacuum are empty this season... but if he gives up as much as he contributes then you may have a point.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
F500ONE

11/18/2014  11:11 PM
Knixkik wrote:When we have Melo and shump play so well and still lose to Milwaukee it's bad. It's obvious we have 2 real different makers and that's it. Calderon will add a 3rd. THjr will be there someday too. So when healthy we have 3 real impact players and one future impact player and that's it. The good news is shumpert seems like he could be turning a corner and we have the cap space necessary to add a couple of difference makers. And I don't always buy that playing for a new contract thing. Not every player only plays well when motivated by a new contract. Shump doesn't seem like that type.

If they were real difference makers

We wouldn't of been down 17pts at half

And

Parker/Illyasova

Mayo/Middleton/Dudley

Wouldn't have been so productive[efficient] as they were

Who were their counters this game, Melo and Shump

Played what you call zero sum ball tonight

Very similar to the other night Melo allowing

Hayward to have a career game essentially

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/18/2014  11:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:When we have Melo and shump play so well and still lose to Milwaukee it's bad. It's obvious we have 2 real different makers and that's it. Calderon will add a 3rd. THjr will be there someday too. So when healthy we have 3 real impact players and one future impact player and that's it. The good news is shumpert seems like he could be turning a corner and we have the cap space necessary to add a couple of difference makers. And I don't always buy that playing for a new contract thing. Not every player only plays well when motivated by a new contract. Shump doesn't seem like that type.

Well a lot of scoring came when both of them were out in the second qtr. Maybe Shump was on a minutes restriction because THjr played over him to close the half and of course the game exploded when melo went to the locker room.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/18/2014  11:16 PM
Who was Shumpert guarding tonight? He was penciled in at SF. Was it the Greek? Because he did not kill us. Middleton and Knight did and thats on JR & Larkin
gunsnewing
USA
11/18/2014  11:18 PM
Postgame crew zeroing in and blaming Travis Wear

UNBELIEVABLE

F500ONE

11/18/2014  11:19 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Who was Shumpert guarding tonight? He was penciled in at SF. Was it the Greek? Because he did not kill us. Middleton and Knight did and thats on JR & Larkin

I posted links already guns

Greek only played 2min in the first half

Analyze those first half links I dropped and first half score

F500ONE

11/18/2014  11:28 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Postgame crew zeroing in and blaming Travis Wear

UNBELIEVABLE

lol he did get muscled a little by Illyasova

But he also was relatively effective the short time he was in

Illyasova smacked every player guarding him around, including Melo

F500ONE

11/18/2014  11:30 PM
dk7th wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:That's what we get for being lazy dogs earlier

They obviously don't care so why should we?

I like that Timmy caught fire and all that jazz, but the only real positive takeaway from this game is Shump is clearly the only leader on this team who imposes his will on the game with any consistency.

I think Shump is teetering on being an empty stat player

He's essentially traded in his defense for offense

We don't really have a dog on our team

Shump tries to be off the chain but it's clear IMO

He's playing for a contract, his angle is no different

Than Phil's money grab

i looked at his defensive win shares and it is true they are down so far this season. but at the end of the day the issue is not whether he is an empty stat player but whether he is a positive-sum player. i think there's a difference. there's no way his stats in a vacuum are empty this season... but if he gives up as much as he contributes then you may have a point.

Maybe something to give attention to

As the year drags on

Splat

11/18/2014  11:32 PM
Here we go with Melo's knee. Sore since the Game # 2. They're going to have to rest him at some point
gunsnewing
USA
11/18/2014  11:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2014  11:36 PM
Splat wrote:Here we go with Melo's knee. Sore since the Game # 2. They're going to have to rest him at some point

better fix it now before it turns into H20 v2.0

Melo already admitted to already having his knee checked out but is opting to play through it for now. Refused to say what it was.

$124mil investment....year 1 of 5

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/18/2014  11:42 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Here we go with Melo's knee. Sore since the Game # 2. They're going to have to rest him at some point

Melo already admitted to already having his knee checked out but is opting to play through it for now. Refused to say what it was.

I say shut him down for the year. Get that pick.

Splat

11/18/2014  11:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

Like I've said, Amare # 2. Better player by far, but same basic risk being gambled on again. Guy's too shopworn to pay him this much for that long and with no trade clause. Only blind optimists would think his body is going to hold up for five years.

Splat

11/18/2014  11:45 PM
Vmart wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Phil: Hi Melo, have some good news

Melo: What's that Phil?

Phil: We're shutting you down for the year.

Melo: How is that good news? I want to play.

Phil: Because we're still paying you $75,607.43 per quarter while you're at home binge watching Orange Is The New Black

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/18/2014  11:48 PM
Splat wrote:
Vmart wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Phil: Because we're still paying you $75,607.43 per quarter while you're at home binge watching Orange Is The New Black

That is the same f'ing conversation Pops had with Robinson when Tim Duncan was coming out of college.

Splat

11/18/2014  11:50 PM
Vmart wrote:
Splat wrote:
Vmart wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

That is the same f'ing conversation Pops had with Robinson when Tim Duncan was coming out of college.

Only difference being David got paid $150 per quarter while watching VHS box sets of The Golden Girls

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/18/2014  11:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2014  11:53 PM
Vmart wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I'm still not sure why Melo isn't on a minutes restriction. He needs to be capped at 28mpg moving forward.

gunsnewing
USA
11/18/2014  11:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2014  11:55 PM
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Like I've said, Amare # 2. Better player by far, but same basic risk being gambled on again. Guy's too shopworn to pay him this much for that long and with no trade clause. Only blind optimists would think his body is going to hold up for five years.

Tried explaining this to Fishmike for 2yrs but he was adamant about re-signing Melo for the supermax while overlooking the wear and tear of Melo's 12yr career of heavy use

Then he proceeded to call me a Melo-hater

Gamethread: bring on the Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy