[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Al Harrington is Now Available
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
6/7/2004  9:16 PM
I tis being reported that the Pacers are willing to trade Al Harrington. I wish the Knicks could get him. If he starts he can be a 20-10 guy. he can play both pf and sf and would be a perfect fit for the Knicks. Unfortunately, I can't see Isiah making any tades with Bird unless we offer them something they can' refuse. Do they have any bad contracts we could take off their hands?
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/7/2004  9:18 PM
Austin Croshier. However, Bird will not deal with the Knicks, specially after they have just gotten eliminated by an ex-bad boy.

Posted by 1:

I tis being reported that the Pacers are willing to trade Al Harrington. I wish the Knicks could get him. If he starts he can be a 20-10 guy. he can play both pf and sf and would be a perfect fit for the Knicks. Unfortunately, I can't see Isiah making any tades with Bird unless we offer them something they can' refuse. Do they have any bad contracts we could take off their hands?
The true Knickabocker..........
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/7/2004  9:24 PM
Bird has already said that he will not give up Al Harrington unless he gets a fair deal. If we try to get him we will have to give up a lot because of the whole Isiah-Bird relationship and because they don't want to help another Eastern Conference team get better. Its just not worth it.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/7/2004  9:29 PM
I wouldn't be willing to give up Marbury to get Al Harrington and I'm not sure about Sweetney. Anyone else I'd give up. Would you guys give up Sweetney in a deal to get Al Harrington?
s3231
USA
6/7/2004  9:37 PM
Yea I'd give up Sweets to get Harrington, but it depends on who else I would have to give up.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
6/7/2004  9:53 PM
Also, Harrington was the one who demanded a trade becuase he wanted to start. He is from NY so he may try to put pressure to come here.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/8/2004  1:03 AM
Why give up Sweetney to get Harrington? I think they'll turn out to be similar players, and if he's forcing a trade I wouldn't give in and help out the Pacers.

They've needed a backup for Tinsley for a while, so I'm sure there is some interest in Frank Williams. Someone mentioned Croshere, and to deal him for some expiring contracts would also be nice.

I just don't see Al Harrington surpassing Sweetney, he put up some pretty nice numbers and I like the fact that he is from NY, but to give up Sweetney to get him I don't like. Trading Williams and expiring contracts is fine.

PS: If Harrington is demanding a trade, I'm sure he's going to want to start, since he's not in Indiana. He won't start over KT or TT, so would he really want to come here?
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/8/2004  4:13 AM
you must have forgotten that KT won't be here for long...

yet i agree and I wouldn't part with sweet for a guy like harrington.
another good part about sweet is his attitude, and I'm sure he won't grumble if he has to come off the bench next season or more. That can be valuable too. (i mean not messing with chemistry and having good playres off the bench, especially blue collar type)
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/8/2004  7:45 AM
Harrington is a beast, but Bird will never trade him to N.Y. Let's not even visualize this kid in N.Y
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/8/2004  12:03 PM
Isiah would trade Sweetney for Harrington in a heartbeat imho...he loves that kid...but it won't happen like others have said, cuz Larry & Isiah aren't likely to do any trades to help each other out in any way shape or form.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
6/8/2004  3:32 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Why give up Sweetney to get Harrington? I think they'll turn out to be similar players, and if he's forcing a trade I wouldn't give in and help out the Pacers.

They've needed a backup for Tinsley for a while, so I'm sure there is some interest in Frank Williams. Someone mentioned Croshere, and to deal him for some expiring contracts would also be nice.

I just don't see Al Harrington surpassing Sweetney, he put up some pretty nice numbers and I like the fact that he is from NY, but to give up Sweetney to get him I don't like. Trading Williams and expiring contracts is fine.

PS: If Harrington is demanding a trade, I'm sure he's going to want to start, since he's not in Indiana. He won't start over KT or TT, so would he really want to come here?

Are you kidding? he wouldn't start over KT. Were you being sarcastic?
TLover
Member: #381
USA
6/8/2004  4:21 PM
A deal of Naz Mohammed and Frank Williams to the Pacers for
Al Harrington and Anthony Johnson (salarys match-up) would be a fair trade for both teams.

The Knicks for the time being would have Kurt and Vin Baker
(if re-signed) at center, which is not the worst case scenerio.
Best case the Knicks get Dampier to agree to MLE or go after MArk Blount, who is as servicable as Mohamed.

With the Jamal Crawford rumors floating around it would be nice to pry Eddy Curry as well, but I don't see it happening.
BigSm00th
USA
6/8/2004  6:07 PM
"Are you kidding? he wouldn't start over KT. Were you being sarcastic?" He's going to have to fight with KT all year to get a starting spot, just like he is in Indiana. Why would he want that, that's all I'm saying. If he's going to get traded I think he's going to want to be shipped to a place where he's the clear cut starter.
#Knickstaps
s3231
USA
6/8/2004  8:06 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I'd trade Harrington for Sweets because I think Harrington would fit extremely well here in NY with Marbury (Al is a good transition player that we could use). Harrington averages 13 points off the bench, he would be even better starting. I like Mike but I just think that Harrington is more talented and you have to remember that Harrington is also young (like Mike) so he has potential to be a very good player. I just don't see Sweetney ever putting up numbers better than 17 and 11 a game. Harrington IMO has more upside so I would trade Sweets for him if given the chance. However, I doubt that we have a shot at Harrington because of the Isiah-Bird relationship and because Indiana would not want to risk helping our team get better.
6/8/2004  9:04 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

"Are you kidding? he wouldn't start over KT. Were you being sarcastic?" He's going to have to fight with KT all year to get a starting spot, just like he is in Indiana. Why would he want that, that's all I'm saying. If he's going to get traded I think he's going to want to be shipped to a place where he's the clear cut starter.

Here, he would be the clear cut starter. He is much better than Kurt.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/8/2004  9:07 PM
Isiah would definitely want Harrington starting over Kurt if he made that trade...i would bet that he would trade Kurt someplace if that deal ever went down. (which is highly unlikely as it is)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/9/2004  4:04 AM
remember one thing, the chaney era is over. if IT wants al to start, he'll start.
6/9/2004  6:42 PM
If we take back all of their bad contracts and give them Sweets and FW I think that they would have to consider.
BigSm00th
USA
6/9/2004  7:07 PM
What??? When did Al Harrington get this good? Give them the Knicks two most promising young players and expiring contracts to get Al Harrington? Come on.
#Knickstaps
6/9/2004  9:51 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

What??? When did Al Harrington get this good? Give them the Knicks two most promising young players and expiring contracts to get Al Harrington? Come on.

That is what it takes to get a young future star.
Al Harrington is Now Available

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy