[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marty Burns says...
Author Thread
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
12/2/2001  11:20 AM
"It's no secret the Knicks are desperately trying to land a big man. GM Scott Layden has been burning the phone lines for months, and even more since the team is struggling and the Garden fans are getting restless. Vin Baker is still a possibility, but it's doubtful the Knicks would be willing to give up Latrell Sprewell for him at the moment. The Knicks are also interested in Raef LaFrentz, who is on the trading block, or Pacers power forward Dale Davis. There has even been talk recently about New York acquiring Jazz forward Karl Malone, who might be looking for a way out of Utah's losing situation. No matter what, it's probably going to cost the Knicks the services of Sprewell since Marcus Camby's trade value has plummeted because of injuries and Allan Houston is a base-year-compensation player, which makes him virtually untradeable to any team over the salary cap."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/your_turn/news/2001/11/27/chatreel_burns
We suck.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/2/2001  11:37 AM
All i have to say is you can't get rid of Sprewell, Houston, or Camby for any of these players. Take what you can get with Thomas or Harrington, one of the point guards, and extras, but nothing more. If we can't get anything, as long as Camby stays healthy we'll be fine.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
12/2/2001  11:49 AM
I agree.
We suck.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/2/2001  11:52 AM
Agreed, for the moment anyways.

Trade either Thomas, Chollie, Othella, Spoon, Jax, Eisley, Knight or Anderson (or a copmbination of these players) to get a

SF?

PG?

C?

Do not trade Houston, Spree or Camby unless we get a desperate GM come trading deadline who's eager to make a run for the playoffs/finals and is willing to give up a good piece.

Patience...
prowler
Member: #135
USA
12/2/2001  12:48 PM
I agree Spree, Allan, and Camby stays use everybody else to get what we want. Upgrade the pg, sf, and c positions. Is Allan Henderson a small or power forward? Whatever position it is i would take him and D Johnson and with Shareef there i think Atlanta might take a trade for those guys.
knicker for life
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/2/2001  1:06 PM
Posted by prowler:

I agree Spree, Allan, and Camby stays use everybody else to get what we want. Upgrade the pg, sf, and c positions. Is Allan Henderson a small or power forward? Whatever position it is i would take him and D Johnson and with Shareef there i think Atlanta might take a trade for those guys.
HENDERSON IS OUT FOR THE YEAR INJURED. HE WAS INJURED THE PAST 2 SEASONS ALSO.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
12/2/2001  1:33 PM
Hmm, wel Alan Henderson is one of those hot potentials who didn't turn out to be what promise they once yielded. Coleman is one of those as well.

Dermarr Johnson however would be a very sweet pickup and we've all seen that Atlanta really needs a PG.

Maybe Cal Bowdler+ DJ for Jax?

with later on

Marc Jackson ,Cedric Henderson ,Dean Oliver for Othella Harrington, Howard Eisley ?

Who knows what could work out in our benefit, I really do like DJ though and since we don't have a true SF and DJ is out of the Atlanta plans he would be a smart pickup. Marc or Lafrentz remains a possibility as well but I don't see any of these trades happening soon.
Knixkik
USA
12/2/2001  4:49 PM
We should offer someone like Eisley or Harrington plus extras to get Marc Jackson. We could also offer Thomas and a draft pick for LaFrentz and if not, we could ante up the price by offering Thomas, Eisley, and a draft pick for LaFrentz and either Abdul-Wahad or Voshon Lenard, which ever they prefer. Other options would be hoping Eddy Curry develops very fast and trading Eisley and maybe a future draft pick for Brad Miller or there's always the possibility of Harrington to Cleveland for Micheal Doleac.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
12/2/2001  7:14 PM
Doleac? Please no on that one.

We should try to get marc and take it from there. Wait a month for the trading deadline to come near and see if we can do a good deal. If no roll with the punches.
killacross
Member: #58
USA
12/2/2001  8:50 PM
doleac is hurt so that trade wont be happening anytime soon... thank god
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
Knixkik
USA
12/2/2001  9:06 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Doleac? Please no on that one.

We should try to get marc and take it from there. Wait a month for the trading deadline to come near and see if we can do a good deal. If no roll with the punches.
Harrington and Eisley for Marc Jackson and Cedric Henderson works capwise and i think that is fair for both teams.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
12/3/2001  10:21 AM
Problem with trading for Cedric Henderson is that the deal is too good. Cedric his contract runs out after this year. I'd do it in a heartbeat but I think the GS GM would want more. Hopefully not.
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/3/2001  11:08 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Problem with trading for Cedric Henderson is that the deal is too good. Cedric his contract runs out after this year. I'd do it in a heartbeat but I think the GS GM would want more. Hopefully not.
I would do this deal anytime...
Knixkik
USA
12/3/2001  3:23 PM
So would i, but even if they would want more, i would be willing to part with a future draft choice. It would still be worth it.
Knixkik
USA
12/3/2001  3:25 PM
Another note from BskBALL.com involving LaFrentz...

League sources say the Nuggets have only seriously entertained talks regarding Raef LaFrentz, and are unwilling to simply move him to move him. The reported price is substantially more than the scrubs having been offered, or the package of draft picks a few teams seem to be dangling for LaFrentz. LaFrentz himself admitted his contract situation made him a popular name, but denied anything was pending on his end. Rumor has had it LaFrentz through his agent has been pushing for a trade.
Marty Burns says...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy