[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Finals- Detroit/LA
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/7/2004  3:50 PM
Never thought we'd be sitting here watching the Lakers HOPING to split the first 2 games in LA.

I had picked Detroit to win it all once they knocked the Pacers out, but only because they were the underdogs (and plus I'd rather be wrong than ever side with those damned Lakers).

So anyway who do you people pick for the series? Does game 1 change any of your picks?
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Member: #257
USA
6/7/2004  4:11 PM
Remember game 1 of L.A. vs Philly? I think it might go 6 games but rest assured L.A. will win. I like Detroit - I think that team has a lot of talent and a lot of heart. But L.A. is just too good to repeat last nights performance. I think the hangover will be gone by game 2 and we will see what Jackson's team is really capable of.

I don't like the Lakers but I still think they are the team to beat. I hope Detroit pulls it off though.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
6/7/2004  9:23 PM
To keep it simple as possible, Pistons came to play ball and Fakers was just doing that….playing the Shaq and Kobe game. There was no preparation on Lakers strategy that revealed anything worthwhile for even Jack Nicholson to stand up as if he was baiting some anger management footage that was suppose to catch Larry Brown’s eye….nope, not tonight. Pistons were shutting everybody down except for Shaq and Kobe and it paid off this time. I say this time, because there won’t be no next time if Phil is reminded again with same type of game. Call it an ugly win for Detroit, given the same excuse Lakers didn’t shoot well, and Phil was not a happy camper with that kind of beat down . Also, add Malone and Payton were mighty quiet?….WOW! What happen to the Lakers role players ? LA was playing like lost sheep

On the other hand Pistons gave new meaning to upset, strategy and bringing one’s “A” game. As a bonus Brown had Ben Wallace shooting 15-20 feet range!….pure genius And Pistons bench is more talented to accompany the series upset . Anybody thinking Detroit cant upset better think again . Upsets are in the making just ask Birdstone
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/7/2004  9:27 PM
I was never a big Jackson fan and I think Brown just out-coached him. Actually I think Brown could run circles around Phil whenever he wanted.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/7/2004  9:27 PM
my guess is either Lakers in 6 or Detroit if it goes to 7.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bobby
USA
6/9/2004  9:24 PM
From the start of LA's pre-game introduction theme (this is your house), Phil Jackson had to answer the ugly defeat from the previous showing. Brown's coaching ability was the test in game two. And the the zen master brings in the x factor (Luke). Detroit was suppose to win this one. I hope this game is not Brown's achilles heel.

So far, its nice to see coaching not relying on hack-a-shaq as some kind of answer
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
USA
6/11/2004  12:20 AM
X factor was no show....Phil Jackson needs to find his mojo.

Rip "loose" Hamilton was superb, especially after Kobe's comments. No other coach is more deserving and is in a better position for the upset.

And when its all said and done, they'll be still scratching their heads
MaTT4281
USA
6/14/2004  9:49 AM
Det up 3-1...imo they played harder than the lakers all 4 games and should have just finished a sweep. If they only didnt foul shaq they may have won game 2.
Bobby
USA
6/14/2004  10:58 PM
Another nice win for the Pistons. This time Detroit reveals their 3rd scoring option with Rasheed Wallace putting up a nice double double. Too bad Malone couldn't answer Rasheed, and Gary Payton throwing the wrong rock throughout the series is about to end with one of the greatest upsets in basketball history.

And if Detroit decides to end it tomorrow, which they should, it would not surprise me to see Prince leading the charge.

Tomorrow Larry should finish what he started
Bobby
USA
6/16/2004  12:41 AM
Forgetabout the OT game....LA got swept

.......And no hack-a-shaq!

Its only fitting for Phil Jackson to lose to a great coach while being denied the record breaking 10 championships.....Way to go Larry
MaTT4281
USA
6/16/2004  10:11 AM
Posted by Bobby:

Forgetabout the OT game....LA got swept

.......And no hack-a-shaq!

Its only fitting for Phil Jackson to lose to a great coach while being denied the record breaking 10 championships.....Way to go Larry

the first 5-game sweep in nba history
Bobby
USA
6/16/2004  9:25 PM
No kidding……I’m not referring to the act of winning every game. I’m saying Detroit sweeps by overwhelming victory with LA being no contest…comprende. The same conclusion is drawn when Magic said LA should have not been disrespectful to Detroit. Not that any LA player cursed any Detroit player, but the act of not preparing oneself in taking one’s opponent seriously is in a sense showing disrespect especially when your opponent, the overwhelming underdog, starts beating you down and you can’t answer. And to top it off, Chauncy “BIGups” Billups ,after nearly every game was telling the world all the moves Detroit were running and LA couldn’t answer. That’s like saying we bringing it to you…now you find a way to stop us. I could see why Chauncy got MVP. Remember this, Detroit’s run was based on TEAM ball, not ME ball. Please…somebody bring up chemistry
Finals- Detroit/LA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy