[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: 11/16: Knicks vs 'Knicks of Christmas Past' Nuggets @ MSG 1pm
Author Thread
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/16/2014  6:39 PM
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:JR is the ULTIMATE TEASE! You see games like this and you say "WOW thus guy has so much talent!" But it's the lack of consistent focus that kills us. If he ever used his powers for good.

I don't, not going near the trap with cheese on it

I've adapted and learned to find food elsewhere

But I do hope there's a sucker GM out there who feels

What you've expressed here and will offer something of value

Come Dec 15th

Right on. Another 3-4 weeks of JR averaging 24 PPG and then it is Adios Sucka!

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/16/2014  7:05 PM
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
holfresh wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:melo banks in a 3

stars are aligned

Wow, when his shooting rust leaves it really leaves. Maybe seeing the ball go in as he was working down in the post helped.

Saw something where Fisher/Phil told him to play by instinct.

I guess they gave up on him playing with brains

Nah! Melo knows the offense and just needs to play and not over think things. He's just gotta let it fly when it feels right and in rhythm.

Honestly, he probably knows the offense better than anyone. He seems to direct the offense when he is in there. He will definitely break the offense to post up though.

Chris Webber said it best..He said he knew the triangle as well as the Lakers because he had to defend it..He said the Lakers never played the triangle in the 4th...Its was always ISO with Shaq and Kobe...As well as Jordan..So I think the wings break it as we see JR. and Shump do as well..

Isiah said the same thing on NBAtv the other night. Said in the 4th Q, especially the last 5 mins, it was mainly iso Jordan....

One good thing tho, there is much better ball than previous years...It should get better as guys stop thinking and just play ball...

The triangle is more-so for the role players, etc....when Jordan, or Kobe or even Melo has the ball on the pinch post, the other guys should be setting pin-down screens or up screens for each other so their is no standing around as we saw last year when Melo had the ball. This off the ball action can lead to back cuts, etc as all heads on defense usually turn to the ball...

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/16/2014  7:17 PM
This victory makes me question the plan.
Uptown

11/16/2014  7:33 PM
Vmart wrote:This victory makes me question the plan.

What do you believe the plan is?

mreinman
Member: #3189

11/16/2014  7:38 PM
Uptown wrote:

to play horrible and tank.

"this victory" goes against that

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Uptown

11/16/2014  7:51 PM
mreinman wrote:
Uptown wrote:

True...What some people do not understand is that players do not tank, management does.

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

11/16/2014  8:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Uptown wrote:

True...What some people do not understand is that players do not tank, management does.

Right...The fact that we have first and second year players at the end of the bench is telling...When we see Eraly and Ware enter games at this stage in the first quarter..We be tanking...Rotation and starting lineups reminds you of LB a little, huh..He was tanking...

Uptown

11/16/2014  8:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2014  8:14 PM
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Right...The fact that we have first and second year players at the end of the bench is telling...When we see Eraly and Ware enter games at this stage in the first quarter..We be tanking...Rotation and starting lineups reminds you of LB a little, huh..He was tanking...

My point exactly....If we were in full tank mode, Early, THJ, Wear, and Larkin would be getting the bulk of the minutes....Lineups have been a little strange, no real rhyme or reason unless I'm missing something. I do not believe Next-Town-Brown was tanking, I think he was trying to get Isiah fired....Brown wanted the power to make trades, etc. Isiah didn't jump at Browns impulses and they ended up in a bit of a power struggle of sorts. Not sure Next-Town-Brown knew how tight Dolan and Isiah were...

F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/16/2014  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2014  8:20 PM
Splat wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:JR is the ULTIMATE TEASE! You see games like this and you say "WOW thus guy has so much talent!" But it's the lack of consistent focus that kills us. If he ever used his powers for good.

I don't, not going near the trap with cheese on it

I've adapted and learned to find food elsewhere

But I do hope there's a sucker GM out there who feels

What you've expressed here and will offer something of value

Come Dec 15th

Right on. Another 3-4 weeks of JR averaging 24 PPG and then it is Adios Sucka!

He could mess around and average

A triple double until then

I STILL DO NOT WANT

ARRIVEDERCI!!!

Splat
Member: #5862

11/16/2014  8:48 PM
Uptown wrote:

Get a token win against Denver and then keep the tanks rolling

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/17/2014  12:14 AM
Knicks are NOT trying to tank. Too many high priced tickets to take that approach. Plus why bring back Melo if you want to tank. Just letting him go would seal the deal on a top pick. They clearly intended to have Jose and Bargs starting this year and it would make no sense to trade Felton and Tyson and bring in Jose if they wanted to tank.

All of this tank talk would even be happening if Jose doesn't strain his calf muscle and Bargs his hammy. They would most likely not have lost some of these games the start wouldn't look so embarrassing. They easily could've won a few of these games with just a little more execution.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/17/2014  7:39 AM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:nuggets are the worst team i have seen the knicks play all season. their gm must be a total moron.

maybe you can just admit that the ex knicks suck

hard to admit that when they were all on the 57-win team two seasons ago.

the knicks won 54 games a couple of years ago

yes, yes they did.

Nothing wrong with admitting the original maybe. No one will think less of you.

All we can say for certain is that Anthony is greater than Gallinari and the sum of all of Denver’s former Knicks parts.
- NY Times.

Somewhere, tkf is not laughing.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/17/2014  7:50 AM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:nuggets are the worst team i have seen the knicks play all season. their gm must be a total moron.

yes, yes they did.

All we can say for certain is that Anthony is greater than Gallinari and the sum of all of Denver’s former Knicks parts.
- NY Times.

Right now we can agree that both the nuggets and knicks aren't very good at least this year. However I have to say after watching yesterday the nuggets are just terrible
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/17/2014  8:53 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

yes, yes they did.

- NY Times.

Right now we can agree that both the nuggets and knicks aren't very good at least this year. However I have to say after watching yesterday the nuggets are just terrible

We can agree on both points, yes. W-L don't lie.

More to the point, though, can we can agree that "The Trade" is no longer an issue? Now? Here? Today?
We have a SF 124 million dollar top player in the league. I don't care what number you put Melo at. 15, 20, 10, whatever.

The Nuggets have nothing to compare that with. Going on 5 years later and they have nothing.
Imagine if Melo had showed up last night and shot 1-5 with 0 assists against Denver; this board would be friggin unreadable for two months. At least.

Tell yourself you'd be happier watching Gallo in street clothes, Moz wondering where the ball went, and the Mayor of the MLE. Tell yourself that.

Game thread: 11/16: Knicks vs 'Knicks of Christmas Past' Nuggets @ MSG 1pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy