knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
11/11/2014  4:39 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Cheer up gents! There is a great draft pick at the end of this rainbow. There is no guarantee it'll be a keeper but at least we're doing the right thing for a change. There is no incentive in winning this season.

I don't know that Phil agrees with you. The Tyson-Calderon trade this offseason was clearly a win now move. And his goal next Summer is clearly to sign a big name free agent to help get us over the top; what top free agent would agree to sign here of his own free will?

Truth be told, I still don't know the purpose of that trade. Some tried to portray it as an opportunity to ditch Felton while getting young talent but I feel pretty confident in saying that Early and Thansis won't amount to much, while the jury is still out on Larkin. If an influx of youth was what we wanted, I would've ate Felton's contract and dealt Chandler by himself for the best possible deal, which I think was to OKC for Perkins' contract, the 21st and 29th pick. With those picks, we could've gone after a Shabazz Napier, Rodney Hood, Kyle Anderson and/or Spencer Dinwiddie. Hell, we might've even been able to trade up; the possibilities were endless.

Nard was OKC offering that for Chandler?

Not only was they not offering it as it makes zero sense to OKC, the salaries do not match at all. OKC is developing Steven Adams who actually played just as many minutes as Perkins and this year is the starter. They didnt need Tyson...he hinders what they needed to do.
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/11/2014  4:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Cheer up gents! There is a great draft pick at the end of this rainbow. There is no guarantee it'll be a keeper but at least we're doing the right thing for a change. There is no incentive in winning this season.

I don't know that Phil agrees with you. The Tyson-Calderon trade this offseason was clearly a win now move. And his goal next Summer is clearly to sign a big name free agent to help get us over the top; what top free agent would agree to sign here of his own free will?

Truth be told, I still don't know the purpose of that trade. Some tried to portray it as an opportunity to ditch Felton while getting young talent but I feel pretty confident in saying that Early and Thansis won't amount to much, while the jury is still out on Larkin. If an influx of youth was what we wanted, I would've ate Felton's contract and dealt Chandler by himself for the best possible deal, which I think was to OKC for Perkins' contract, the 21st and 29th pick. With those picks, we could've gone after a Shabazz Napier, Rodney Hood, Kyle Anderson and/or Spencer Dinwiddie. Hell, we might've even been able to trade up; the possibilities were endless.

Naw, I just made that **** up, lol. But if you had a contender, would you rather have Kendrick Perkins with Mitch McGary warming up the bench and Josh Heutis in the D-League OR the guy that was key to bringing a title to Dallas? I go with the latter especially knowing that Nick Collision, Andre Roberson and Perry Jones III are already on the roster.

NardDogNation

11/11/2014  4:56 PM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Not only was they not offering it as it makes zero sense to OKC, the salaries do not match at all. OKC is developing Steven Adams who actually played just as many minutes as Perkins and this year is the starter. They didnt need Tyson...he hinders what they needed to do.

Dude, what? You think Steven Adams is better than Tyson Chandler? Not sure why that would even matter. Contenders are usually contenders because they have top heavy talent and depth. It's why the Bulls still added Pau Gasol despite already having Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah and Nikola Mirotic on the team.

So aside from Adams, what do the Thunder have at the position? And is it better to have Josh Heustis and Mitch McGary than Chandler? Those two rookies aren't even going to be in the rotation with Nick Collision, Perry Jones III and Andre Roberson on the bench.

And was it really that difficult to see OKC throw in Hasheem Thabeet's contract and filler to make the deal work? Because all it would've taken was that and $1 million worth of salaries.

knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
11/11/2014  6:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Dude, what? You think Steven Adams is better than Tyson Chandler? Not sure why that would even matter. Contenders are usually contenders because they have top heavy talent and depth. It's why the Bulls still added Pau Gasol despite already having Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah and Nikola Mirotic on the team.

So aside from Adams, what do the Thunder have at the position? And is it better to have Josh Heustis and Mitch McGary than Chandler? Those two rookies aren't even going to be in the rotation with Nick Collision, Perry Jones III and Andre Roberson on the bench.

And was it really that difficult to see OKC throw in Hasheem Thabeet's contract and filler to make the deal work? Because all it would've taken was that and $1 million worth of salaries.

Nowhere in my post did I say he's a better. But OKC would never do that deal because Tyson hinders the development of Adams who is playing very well on their team currently. GM's dont base their trades on which player is better....only fans do that stuff.
NardDogNation

11/11/2014  8:00 PM
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Nowhere in my post did I say he's a better. But OKC would never do that deal because Tyson hinders the development of Adams who is playing very well on their team currently. GM's dont base their trades on which player is better....only fans do that stuff.

...well the Thunder are in "win now" mode, so the only way to justify not pursuing Chandler in lieu of Adams, is if they thought that Adams was better than Chandler. Otherwise, the decision to not be interested in Chandler doesn't make any sense.

Game Thread: Atlanta The Sequel: 7:30 pm EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy