[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: another back-to-back, Atlanta!
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
11/9/2014  12:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knickscity wrote:How do you talk about losing confidence after 7 games? These mental mdgets.

Ha, are you talking about the players or the fans?

I'm talking about the underrated superstar.

That's why you need a better star to go next to Melo. But we spent the kind of money you do on a truly elite player, so it is hard to spend that money twice. Melo's chickens will come home to roost and he will start praying for a better player to join him, because his mind is not steady enough to handle the pressure of being the man. The fictional narrative of Melo the Superstar is coming to an end.

Not really- we have space to sign another max player next year, then the cap increases. The problem is that it's so hard to sign superstars as free agents- in fact it's now becoming difficult to sign upper tier players and even young players with potential as outright free agents.

Top tier players normally dont move via agency unless they are looking for money that their current team wont pay.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/9/2014  12:47 PM
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knickscity wrote:How do you talk about losing confidence after 7 games? These mental mdgets.

That's why you need a better star to go next to Melo. But we spent the kind of money you do on a truly elite player, so it is hard to spend that money twice. Melo's chickens will come home to roost and he will start praying for a better player to join him, because his mind is not steady enough to handle the pressure of being the man. The fictional narrative of Melo the Superstar is coming to an end.

Not really- we have space to sign another max player next year, then the cap increases. The problem is that it's so hard to sign superstars as free agents- in fact it's now becoming difficult to sign upper tier players and even young players with potential as outright free agents.

Top tier players normally dont move via agency unless they are looking for money that their current team wont pay.
Yeah. You have to reach for guys like Dallas did with Parsons.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Dagger
Member: #4184

11/9/2014  4:01 PM
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Or when they're "coming home" like lebron this summer or Kevin Durant 2016 to Washington.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  4:11 PM
Dagger wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Or when they're "coming home" like lebron this summer or Kevin Durant 2016 to Washington.

leBron took a two year deal with an opt out after one...he certainly will be getting paid. way too son to talk about Durant.

Either way these are exceptions, not the norm.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/9/2014  4:36 PM
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Shump and Sam were the best Knicks tonight with some nice contributions from Crack Baby and Stat. Melo great first quarter, not good after that.

THJ good great offensively, really poor defensively

You can't complain about the contributions throughout the roster

Its just that one guy who's name escapes me. 4th game in a row where he's looked lost/lethartic

...the guy who never got the ball in the 4th?

he needs to play within the triangle and he will get good shots. He is tentative now because he knows he is hurting the team with his inability to play team ball for 48mins

There was no triangle for almost the entire 2nd half. As I said, the 4th in particular was dominated by Shumpert trying to impress old Georgia Tech fans, Tim Hardaway pounding the ball, then dishing with a few seconds left on the shot clock and JR doing kamikazee drives leading to mid-air passes. I could see you blaming Melo for his defense, which was putrid but even the Hawks announcers were astonished by how few TOUCHES (not even looks) Melo got in the 4th.

Melo went 8 for 20
big step up from 5 for 20

he should've got off 10 more shots tonight

Melo had the bulk of shots and points in the first half. Not sure how your comment negates that fact and the more obvious point that he barely touch/shot the ball when it mattered.

the way he was shooting and the off balanced shots he was taking we would've probably lost by greater than 7pts had he shot more imo

And you think it was better to have JR and Iman to take those shots? Because that is exactly what happened. Hell, even Amare took a 15ft baseline fadeaway that he never took when he was in his prime and could jump out the gym. I'm not saying that Melo doesn't have his faults but when are his teammates ever going to be held accountable?

I don't know why you're trashing Shumpert, or JR for that matter. Shump went 8-12 last night and JR even went 4-8. Shots/points aren't worth more because they come from Melo.

How well were they shooting in the 4th when the game mattered. Career wise, who would be the better candidate to win a game for a tea in the 4th.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  4:55 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Shump and Sam were the best Knicks tonight with some nice contributions from Crack Baby and Stat. Melo great first quarter, not good after that.

Its just that one guy who's name escapes me. 4th game in a row where he's looked lost/lethartic

he needs to play within the triangle and he will get good shots. He is tentative now because he knows he is hurting the team with his inability to play team ball for 48mins

There was no triangle for almost the entire 2nd half. As I said, the 4th in particular was dominated by Shumpert trying to impress old Georgia Tech fans, Tim Hardaway pounding the ball, then dishing with a few seconds left on the shot clock and JR doing kamikazee drives leading to mid-air passes. I could see you blaming Melo for his defense, which was putrid but even the Hawks announcers were astonished by how few TOUCHES (not even looks) Melo got in the 4th.

Melo went 8 for 20

Melo had the bulk of shots and points in the first half. Not sure how your comment negates that fact and the more obvious point that he barely touch/shot the ball when it mattered.

the way he was shooting and the off balanced shots he was taking we would've probably lost by greater than 7pts had he shot more imo

And you think it was better to have JR and Iman to take those shots? Because that is exactly what happened. Hell, even Amare took a 15ft baseline fadeaway that he never took when he was in his prime and could jump out the gym. I'm not saying that Melo doesn't have his faults but when are his teammates ever going to be held accountable?

I don't know why you're trashing Shumpert, or JR for that matter. Shump went 8-12 last night and JR even went 4-8. Shots/points aren't worth more because they come from Melo.

How well were they shooting in the 4th when the game mattered. Career wise, who would be the better candidate to win a game for a tea in the 4th.

Honestly going by career even melo has come up short if you're going by his Knicks career. For me, I'm old school...ride the hot hand. To think melo automatically gets that shot explains why the team stinks as it does.
NardDogNation

11/9/2014  5:00 PM
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

Honestly going by career even melo has come up short if you're going by his Knicks career. For me, I'm old school...ride the hot hand. To think melo automatically gets that shot explains why the team stinks as it does.

Well we rode the "hot hand(s)", which resulted in a loss. So clearly that strategy doesn't work either. All I know is that Melo has outright won us games in the 4th, in the past. Shumpert can't make that claim and with exception to two buzzer beaters against the Suns and Bobcats/Hornets, neither has JR. We suck because we don't have legitimate talent on this team, not because of Melo.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  5:02 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

Well we rode the "hot hand(s)", which resulted in a loss. So clearly that strategy doesn't work either. All I know is that Melo has outright won us games in the 4th, in the past. Shumpert can't make that claim and with exception to two buzzer beaters against the Suns and Bobcats/Hornets, neither has JR. We suck because we don't have legitimate talent on this team, not because of Melo.

Idk, 38% from the field does say he is part of the reason. We won when he shot over 50%. yet his "support" has consistently been the same.....they have all contributed well.
NardDogNation

11/9/2014  5:18 PM
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

Idk, 38% from the field does say he is part of the reason. We won when he shot over 50%. yet his "support" has consistently been the same.....they have all contributed well.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that last point. Because what I saw down the stretch were two near 5 second violations by JR Smith, followed by him saving a ball that would've been out on the Hawks ONLY to throw it out himself. What I saw was Tim Hardaway pounding the ball for 1/3 of the shot clock and then dish to some smuck with 3 seconds left to shoot. What I saw was Iman Shumpert shooting a brick that was a foot away from even clipping the rim. Those guys may have shot well but were bumbling idiots, which has been par for the course with them.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  5:52 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

We'll have to agree to disagree on that last point. Because what I saw down the stretch were two near 5 second violations by JR Smith, followed by him saving a ball that would've been out on the Hawks ONLY to throw it out himself. What I saw was Tim Hardaway pounding the ball for 1/3 of the shot clock and then dish to some smuck with 3 seconds left to shoot. What I saw was Iman Shumpert shooting a brick that was a foot away from even clipping the rim. Those guys may have shot well but were bumbling idiots, which has been par for the course with them.

Yet those bumblers have contributed, and some well above their norm. Did you also notice melo has missed as much or more than those guys even attempt? Are you seriously stating that 38% from the player that takes the most shots by a wide margin is not a problem?

It's only so long you can blame the cast, the cast has done better than expected.....but Melo needs to do what IS expected.

NardDogNation

11/9/2014  5:59 PM
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

Yet those bumblers have contributed, and some well above their norm. Did you also notice melo has missed as much or more than those guys even attempt? Are you seriously stating that 38% from the player that takes the most shots by a wide margin is not a problem?

It's only so long you can blame the cast, the cast has done better than expected.....but Melo needs to do what IS expected.

We shot something like 31% in the 2nd half. Other than a loss, I'm not sure what those guys were contributing to.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  6:13 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

We shot something like 31% in the 2nd half. Other than a loss, I'm not sure what those guys were contributing to.

Melo shot 2 for 10 after the 1st quarter....thats 20% for the last three quarters. So while they were not as good they were better than melo.

Gamethread: another back-to-back, Atlanta!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy