[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: another back-to-back, Atlanta!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2014  12:13 AM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:(A)Honestly I dont blame melo for these losses even though his shooting has been poor, but he cant claim he hasnt gotten help this year. Someone has hit those double figures with him in every games, most notably Shumpert.

(B) What I will blame him for is when quality free agents dont come here because of him.

If that is how you feel, then A precedes B. Seems like a disassociation going on between cause and effect. What he does now leads to what happens then.

He's never attracted top flight talent, no one is beating the door down to play with him.

when have the knicks had cap room to get top flight talent?

1996 & 2010 thats it

pretty pathetic

They always shoot their load prematurely

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/9/2014  12:14 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:(A)Honestly I dont blame melo for these losses even though his shooting has been poor, but he cant claim he hasnt gotten help this year. Someone has hit those double figures with him in every games, most notably Shumpert.

(B) What I will blame him for is when quality free agents dont come here because of him.

If that is how you feel, then A precedes B. Seems like a disassociation going on between cause and effect. What he does now leads to what happens then.

He's never attracted top flight talent, no one is beating the door down to play with him.

1996 & 2010 thats it

pretty pathetic

The Tyson move was an opening but the effed that up

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
11/9/2014  12:31 AM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

I'm referring to his entire career actually, but I dont equate cap space as ability. Tope talent will come to play even if they take less to do so.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2014  12:34 AM
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

1996 & 2010 thats it

pretty pathetic

The Tyson move was an opening but the effed that up

yea picked up Billups option for some godforsaken reason

mreinman
Member: #3189

11/9/2014  12:35 AM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

I'm referring to his entire career actually, but I dont equate cap space as ability. Tope talent will come to play even if they take less to do so.

examples?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/9/2014  2:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2014  3:05 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:PUTRID 2nd half. This team has a hard time playing well for 48minutes.

That's Knicks basketball sadly. I don't remember 4 consecutive quarters of quality execution for years now.

a few times when we had Kidd. the rest of the 15+ years have been a disaster

Makes me nostalgic for the JVG days when he benched the entire starting unit, and only let them return to the game gradually, one by one.

One thing I can never figure out with these inconsistent quarters- are we a bad team that manages to play above its abilities for a Q or two, or are we an okay team that has a meltdown for a Q or two?

smackeddog
11/9/2014  2:59 AM
knickscity wrote:How do you talk about losing confidence after 7 games? These mental mdgets.

Ha, are you talking about the players or the fans?

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  6:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:
knickscity wrote:How do you talk about losing confidence after 7 games? These mental mdgets.

I'm talking about the underrated superstar.
Splat
Member: #5862

11/9/2014  7:01 AM
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

That's why you need a better star to go next to Melo. But we spent the kind of money you do on a truly elite player, so it is hard to spend that money twice. Melo's chickens will come home to roost and he will start praying for a better player to join him, because his mind is not steady enough to handle the pressure of being the man. The fictional narrative of Melo the Superstar is coming to an end.

Sadly, for Knicks fans, that's not necessarily a good thing. It would probably be better than he was a little bit more delusional than he already is. But you can tell he knows in his heart he is not enough and he never will be.

I'm not gloating. It's kind of sad and I'm saying that when I find it hard to pity anyone with his income. But as a Knicks fan I know this is not a good storyline.

No way Melo should be hanging his head already. It is totally wack. His mind is weak. Sorry, its true. He is not a champion.

Seriously, you could be 0-7 right now and you should be skipping to work just for the opportunity to work on learning new things and showing your teammates you're all in.

But instead he mopes and mumbles if his shot doesn't fall. Who cares? Everybody has slumps. It's your attitude knucklehead! Melo needs to wake up.

Only if Phil can catch lightning and get some real studs will Melo be saved from himself. Good luck Phil. You're going to need it man.

Spending max money twice on just a shooter is crazy. I said it in the game thread that Jamal Crawford is just as good as Melo really. And he is used correctly. He's a sixth man. Scores like he is expected to. No confusion and false expectations. Melo is so inaccurately represented its ludicrous, but still most fans think he's the foundation.

Do something magical Phil. Really, please.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  7:15 AM
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

That's why you need a better star to go next to Melo. But we spent the kind of money you do on a truly elite player, so it is hard to spend that money twice. Melo's chickens will come home to roost and he will start praying for a better player to join him, because his mind is not steady enough to handle the pressure of being the man. The fictional narrative of Melo the Superstar is coming to an end.

Sadly, for Knicks fans, that's not necessarily a good thing. It would probably be better than he was a little bit more delusional than he already is. But you can tell he knows in his heart he is not enough and he never will be.

I'm not gloating. It's kind of sad and I'm saying that when I find it hard to pity anyone with his income. But as a Knicks fan I know this is not a good storyline.

No way Melo should be hanging his head already. It is totally wack. His mind is weak. Sorry, its true. He is not a champion.

Seriously, you could be 0-7 right now and you should be skipping to work just for the opportunity to work on learning new things and showing your teammates you're all in.

But instead he mopes and mumbles if his shot doesn't fall. Who cares? Everybody has slumps. It's your attitude knucklehead! Melo needs to wake up.

Only if Phil can catch lightning and get some real studs will Melo be saved from himself. Good luck Phil. You're going to need it man.

Spending max money twice on just a shooter is crazy. I said it in the game thread that Jamal Crawford is just as good as Melo really. And he is used correctly. He's a sixth man. Scores like he is expected to. No confusion and false expectations. Melo is so inaccurately represented its ludicrous, but still most fans think he's the foundation.

Do something magical Phil. Really, please.

I do agree fans think more of Melo than they should and he certainly isnt worth his dollars from a team perspective. Jamal Crawford isnt just as good though. J is a reserve, thats his role, he should never start. Melo is a complementary piece and shouldnt be a first option...but he certainly is a starter.

At this point Melo cannot carry a franchise, but he's definitely better than a sixth man.

Splat

11/9/2014  7:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2014  7:23 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't get caught up into a debate about the Jamal comment. In terms of relative value you got my point. Sure, Melo is a starter.

I think Melo is like a girl who is already very pretty in 6th grade and who goes through HS coasting on their looks. Then the rest of their life happens and they eventually feel lost.

Melo really would have benefitted early in his career playing next to someone just as good as him offensively, but with a more complete game so he could get play 2nd banana to someone better and smarter than him and have the right cues instilled in him properly.

But he plays like the hot chick who expects things to just work out if throws his boobs around and bats his eyelashes.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  7:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2014  7:37 AM
Splat wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't get caught up into a debate about the Jamal comment. In terms of relative value you got my point. Sure, Melo is a starter.

I think Melo is like a girl who is already very pretty in 6th grade and who goes through HS coasting on their looks. Then the rest of their life happens and they eventually feel lost.

Melo really would have benefitted early in his career playing next to someone just as good as him offensively, but with a more complete game so he could get play 2nd banana to someone better and smarter than him and have the right cues instilled in him properly.

But he plays like the hot chick who expects things to just work out if throws his boobs around and bats his eyelashes.

Lol, the girl with the big boobs gets everything she wants. Melo is the pretty girl that is always single. She gets talked to, gets action, cant keep a dude because when they find out she's a loon they leave her alone.

She aint what they think she is....same with melo.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  7:38 AM
Melo is basically the chick that has had 4 husbands and they all are worse with her.
Splat

11/9/2014  7:43 AM
knickscity wrote:Melo is basically the chick that has had 4 husbands and they all are worse with her.

But the last two husbands were named Jimmy and they were loaded as hell, so she got paid.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  7:56 AM
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:Melo is basically the chick that has had 4 husbands and they all are worse with her.

But the last two husbands were named Jimmy and they were loaded as hell, so she got paid.

He's been on max his entire career. Problem is, he is a tier below below that.
knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  8:06 AM
You can always tell when a team has no unity, the player comments on games are usually different.....

This is Melo..... “I felt great,” Anthony said of the start. “Coming into the game, I felt good. First quarter, I felt good. I just kind of cooled down from there. I can’t really put a finger on what happened.

“I thought they made an adjustment. They looked at the first half, just like any team would, [and] they made an adjustment. I don’t think we did a good job at adjusting or keeping the same energy and focus up that we had in that first half.”

This is Shumpert....“I don’t think their defense affected us at all,” Shumpert said. “I think offensively we just got stagnant, [and] stopped doing what was working. That was reversing the ball side to side. The ball got stuck on one side and after that we weren’t evenly balanced coming back on defense. They got going.”

I'm not gonna comment on who is right or wrong in this, we all watch the games, we can see for ourselves, but you can tell there is very little unity on this team.

Splat

11/9/2014  8:27 AM
knickscity wrote:You can always tell when a team has no unity, the player comments on games are usually different.....

This is Melo..... “I felt great,” Anthony said of the start. “Coming into the game, I felt good. First quarter, I felt good. I just kind of cooled down from there. I can’t really put a finger on what happened.

“I thought they made an adjustment. They looked at the first half, just like any team would, [and] they made an adjustment. I don’t think we did a good job at adjusting or keeping the same energy and focus up that we had in that first half.”

This is Shumpert....“I don’t think their defense affected us at all,” Shumpert said. “I think offensively we just got stagnant, [and] stopped doing what was working. That was reversing the ball side to side. The ball got stuck on one side and after that we weren’t evenly balanced coming back on defense. They got going.”

I'm not gonna comment on who is right or wrong in this, we all watch the games, we can see for ourselves, but you can tell there is very little unity on this team.

This is precisely why I was joking on the game thread that Melo and Shump should make hot monkey love and have a whirlwind romance. They had a nice play where Melo hit Shump cutting to the basket for an easy layup. They've played together a long time. Stuff like that should happen all the time. I'm not saying I know Shump to be some kind of angel, but I've often felt Melo disregard him on the floor and Shump being the sensitive broad he is probably built up some serious resentments. They just need to do the deed and start over.

knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  9:59 AM
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:You can always tell when a team has no unity, the player comments on games are usually different.....

This is precisely why I was joking on the game thread that Melo and Shump should make hot monkey love and have a whirlwind romance. They had a nice play where Melo hit Shump cutting to the basket for an easy layup. They've played together a long time. Stuff like that should happen all the time. I'm not saying I know Shump to be some kind of angel, but I've often felt Melo disregard him on the floor and Shump being the sensitive broad he is probably built up some serious resentments. They just need to do the deed and start over.

Very true, outside of that half season, melo and Shump has been together a long time.

VCoug
Member: #1406

11/9/2014  10:24 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Shump and Sam were the best Knicks tonight with some nice contributions from Crack Baby and Stat. Melo great first quarter, not good after that.

THJ good great offensively, really poor defensively

You can't complain about the contributions throughout the roster

Its just that one guy who's name escapes me. 4th game in a row where he's looked lost/lethartic

...the guy who never got the ball in the 4th?

he needs to play within the triangle and he will get good shots. He is tentative now because he knows he is hurting the team with his inability to play team ball for 48mins

There was no triangle for almost the entire 2nd half. As I said, the 4th in particular was dominated by Shumpert trying to impress old Georgia Tech fans, Tim Hardaway pounding the ball, then dishing with a few seconds left on the shot clock and JR doing kamikazee drives leading to mid-air passes. I could see you blaming Melo for his defense, which was putrid but even the Hawks announcers were astonished by how few TOUCHES (not even looks) Melo got in the 4th.

Melo went 8 for 20
big step up from 5 for 20

he should've got off 10 more shots tonight

Melo had the bulk of shots and points in the first half. Not sure how your comment negates that fact and the more obvious point that he barely touch/shot the ball when it mattered.

the way he was shooting and the off balanced shots he was taking we would've probably lost by greater than 7pts had he shot more imo

And you think it was better to have JR and Iman to take those shots? Because that is exactly what happened. Hell, even Amare took a 15ft baseline fadeaway that he never took when he was in his prime and could jump out the gym. I'm not saying that Melo doesn't have his faults but when are his teammates ever going to be held accountable?

I don't know why you're trashing Shumpert, or JR for that matter. Shump went 8-12 last night and JR even went 4-8. Shots/points aren't worth more because they come from Melo.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
smackeddog
11/9/2014  11:22 AM
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Not really- we have space to sign another max player next year, then the cap increases. The problem is that it's so hard to sign superstars as free agents- in fact it's now becoming difficult to sign upper tier players and even young players with potential as outright free agents.

Gamethread: another back-to-back, Atlanta!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy