[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: another back-to-back, Atlanta!
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/8/2014  10:26 PM
36 to 11 Free Throws ... wow!
so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/8/2014  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2014  10:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:All I have to say is wow... And Jason smith sucks at defense/ passing the ball his turnovers and fouling opened the door for there comeback..also melo should be ashamed of his second half performance... Just no heart that $$$$ is getting to his head.. And when melo plays with no heart it effects the whole team which = melo needs to be the second star player so when he decides to not try we can still have a first option... Jr played way too many minutes.. More Larkin less jr.. More thjr . How do we go from so much off the ball movement in the first half to zero off the ball movement in the second half??? How dose the coaching staff let that happen?

I came in late to the game, and did not even get to see the good stuff in the first half.

The 4th quarter minutes I saw were horrible. The system, from what I saw, was thrown out on offense, and we were giving them the kind of open 3s that are going to go in at an alarming rate.

Anthony seems to be in terrible shape, almost like he is playing with $124M in dollar bills strapped to his back.

Not much to look forward to, but if they really did play well in the first half, and played the way Fisher and Jackson want them to play, you can cling to the belief that this is all part of a learning process, and there will be better times in the future.

im not even sure they played the triangle in the 1st half but they moved the ball.

Melo playing like he had $124mil strapped to his back...Classic

Splat
Member: #5862

11/8/2014  10:31 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:All I have to say is wow... And Jason smith sucks at defense/ passing the ball his turnovers and fouling opened the door for there comeback..also melo should be ashamed of his second half performance... Just no heart that $$$$ is getting to his head.. And when melo plays with no heart it effects the whole team which = melo needs to be the second star player so when he decides to not try we can still have a first option... Jr played way too many minutes.. More Larkin less jr.. More thjr . How do we go from so much off the ball movement in the first half to zero off the ball movement in the second half??? How dose the coaching staff let that happen?

I came in late to the game, and did not even get to see the good stuff in the first half.

The 4th quarter minutes I saw were horrible. The system, from what I saw, was thrown out on offense, and we were giving them the kind of open 3s that are going to go in at an alarming rate.

Anthony seems to be in terrible shape, almost like he is playing with $124M in dollar bills strapped to his back.

Not much to look forward to, but if they really did play well in the first half, and played the way Fisher and Jackson want them to play, you can cling to the belief that this is all part of a learning process, and there will be better times in the future.

First half was a pleasure to watch. Lots of sharing and caring. Efficient shots and help defense closing out on penetrators. It was fun while it lasted. Third quarter was total opposite. Like they forget everything in an instant. Melo was hot first quarter. Got his shots off clean without lots of fuss, made some nice passes. Then he disappeared. JR was a mess 2nd half. Shump was the star of the game. Did a little bit of everything, but he looked worn out so he couldn't be a hero late in the game and fouled out. No real leadership from the others. Sam had his best game. Did lots of cool things, looked like a professional basketball player. Jason not so much. Mixed bag. Team can't sustain anything.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

mreinman wrote:36 to 11 Free Throws ... wow!

There were maybe 3-4 bad calls-non calls, other than this

The Hawks were the more aggressive team

This wasn't a case of the refs handing them

The victory via parade to free throw line

Did you check on Korver tonight?

gunsnewing
USA
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Shump and Sam were the best Knicks tonight with some nice contributions from Crack Baby and Stat. Melo great first quarter, not good after that.

THJ good great offensively, really poor defensively

You can't complain about the contributions throughout the roster

Its just that one guy who's name escapes me. 4th game in a row where he's looked lost/lethartic

...the guy who never got the ball in the 4th?

he needs to play within the triangle and he will get good shots. He is tentative now because he knows he is hurting the team with his inability to play team ball for 48mins

There was no triangle for almost the entire 2nd half. As I said, the 4th in particular was dominated by Shumpert trying to impress old Georgia Tech fans, Tim Hardaway pounding the ball, then dishing with a few seconds left on the shot clock and JR doing kamikazee drives leading to mid-air passes. I could see you blaming Melo for his defense, which was putrid but even the Hawks announcers were astonished by how few TOUCHES (not even looks) Melo got in the 4th.

Melo went 8 for 20
big step up from 5 for 20

he should've got off 10 more shots tonight

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/8/2014  10:49 PM
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:Shump and Sam were the best Knicks tonight with some nice contributions from Crack Baby and Stat. Melo great first quarter, not good after that.

Its just that one guy who's name escapes me. 4th game in a row where he's looked lost/lethartic

he needs to play within the triangle and he will get good shots. He is tentative now because he knows he is hurting the team with his inability to play team ball for 48mins

There was no triangle for almost the entire 2nd half. As I said, the 4th in particular was dominated by Shumpert trying to impress old Georgia Tech fans, Tim Hardaway pounding the ball, then dishing with a few seconds left on the shot clock and JR doing kamikazee drives leading to mid-air passes. I could see you blaming Melo for his defense, which was putrid but even the Hawks announcers were astonished by how few TOUCHES (not even looks) Melo got in the 4th.

Pretty much....The freethrow disparity killed us as well...Hawk guards were running a layup line against us....

Yeah, we got caught taking too many ill-advised jump shots instead of driving the ball. Our guards got very little of anything going to the basket, which lead to the stagnation in our offense that lasted the entire 2nd half.

NardDogNation

11/8/2014  10:54 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

Melo had the bulk of shots and points in the first half. Not sure how your comment negates that fact and the more obvious point that he barely touch/shot the ball when it mattered.

gunsnewing
USA
11/8/2014  10:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2014  10:56 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

Melo had the bulk of shots and points in the first half. Not sure how your comment negates that fact and the more obvious point that he barely touch/shot the ball when it mattered.

the way he was shooting and the off balanced shots he was taking we would've probably lost by greater than 7pts had he shot more imo

mreinman

11/8/2014  10:57 PM
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:36 to 11 Free Throws ... wow!

There were maybe 3-4 bad calls-non calls, other than this

The Hawks were the more aggressive team

This wasn't a case of the refs handing them

The victory via parade to free throw line

Did you check on Korver tonight?

yeah ... who needs korver?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/8/2014  11:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2014  11:07 PM
GUYS... The Knicks are running the Triangle. They just aren't always running it well. They're still in the very basic levels right now. They have good stretches and long bad stretches where they are turning it over and not getting good shots. The 1st half tonight was very good but that 2nd half was AWFUL.

Teams are going with the ball pressure and so far they haven't handled it well AT ALL!!! We don't know how to make teams pay for overplaying the passing lanes. This is where a true PG comes in handy.

NardDogNation

11/8/2014  11:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

the way he was shooting and the off balanced shots he was taking we would've probably lost by greater than 7pts had he shot more imo

And you think it was better to have JR and Iman to take those shots? Because that is exactly what happened. Hell, even Amare took a 15ft baseline fadeaway that he never took when he was in his prime and could jump out the gym. I'm not saying that Melo doesn't have his faults but when are his teammates ever going to be held accountable?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/8/2014  11:10 PM
nixluva wrote:GUYS... The Knicks are running the Triangle. They just aren't Leah's running it well. They're still in the very basic levels right now. They have good stretches and long bad stretches where they are turning it over and not getting good shots. The 1st half tonight was very good but that 2nd half was AWFUL.

Teams are going with the ball pressure and so far they haven't handled it well AT ALL!!! We don't know how to make teams pay for overplaying the passing lanes. This is where a true PG comes in handy.

Agreed on running a basic version of the triangle. There are times when they almost have to remind themselves to get into position after the defense gets back against them and settles in. I missed the last two games but this game tells me that need more practice time....A nice 3 day break in schedule is needed in the worse way...

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/8/2014  11:12 PM
How do you talk about losing confidence after 7 games? These mental mdgets.
mreinman

11/8/2014  11:13 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

And you think it was better to have JR and Iman to take those shots? Because that is exactly what happened. Hell, even Amare took a 15ft baseline fadeaway that he never took when he was in his prime and could jump out the gym. I'm not saying that Melo doesn't have his faults but when are his teammates ever going to be held accountable?

when they sign a new 5 year 124.

NardDogNation

11/8/2014  11:14 PM
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

So you can only do dumb things if you're paid $129 million?

mreinman

11/8/2014  11:18 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Melo went 8 for 20

So you can only do dumb things if you're paid $129 million?

the more you get paid the more criticism you will get if you fail. It comes with the "price", no?

knickscity
USA
11/8/2014  11:42 PM
Honestly I dont blame melo for these losses even though his shooting has been poor, but he cant claim he hasnt gotten help this year. Someone has hit those double figures with him in every games, most notably Shumpert.

What I will blame him for is when quality free agents dont come here because of him.

Splat
Member: #5862

11/8/2014  11:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2014  11:49 PM
knickscity wrote:(A)Honestly I dont blame melo for these losses even though his shooting has been poor, but he cant claim he hasnt gotten help this year. Someone has hit those double figures with him in every games, most notably Shumpert.

(B) What I will blame him for is when quality free agents dont come here because of him.

If that is how you feel, then A precedes B. Seems like a disassociation going on between cause and effect. What he does now leads to what happens then.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
knickscity
USA
11/9/2014  12:05 AM
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:(A)Honestly I dont blame melo for these losses even though his shooting has been poor, but he cant claim he hasnt gotten help this year. Someone has hit those double figures with him in every games, most notably Shumpert.

(B) What I will blame him for is when quality free agents dont come here because of him.

If that is how you feel, then A precedes B. Seems like a disassociation going on between cause and effect. What he does now leads to what happens then.

He's never attracted top flight talent, no one is beating the door down to play with him.
mreinman

11/9/2014  12:10 AM
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

He's never attracted top flight talent, no one is beating the door down to play with him.

when have the knicks had cap room to get top flight talent?

Gamethread: another back-to-back, Atlanta!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy