[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @Nets 7:30 - Who is worse?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/8/2014  1:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2014  1:13 AM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:Perception of Fish sure has done a 180 with many
No issues with Fisher. This is a work in progress and the guy is a first year head coach. The triangle is almost a dysfunctional offense if you are down more than 5. It works great when you are leading. I think there will be a lot more growing pains with this team but I think Fish gets it and will be a great one when all is said and done.

Yeah, I can't worry about him either. He'll probably end up having a nice career coaching. This roster is possibly incapable of learning the triangle though. Not sure what kind of drama that indicates, but I think it is more than a question of giving them 30 games to learn it. If Melo doesn't have his head in the game and he is not fully committed, trying to run the triangle is going to lay an egg.

Only wrinkle I can see right now is waiting to see if Jose can help enough to get Melo in sync and cooperating. Outside of that, I'm still thinking under 30 wins this season. A high pick is good, but I hate to see the core player not buy in. It could become a problem.

Anyone else think Pierce puts Melo in a funk? Seems to be a really tough match up for him and Pierce's mouth seems to impact Melo's game.
On a side note, it doesn't seem to matter who Alan Anderson plays for he kills the Knicks.

Don't forget Melo waited for KG after a game to "talk". Those Celtics mindfuc'd him good. I've never had full confidence in Melo's mindset. I think he gets rattled. The whole superstar thing to me is very much about mindset. Melo doesn't have that. Sure, he loves the adrenalin of having the ball at the end of the game and all that, but that doesn't require any thoughtfulness.

I've mocked him for his pre-season superstar comment, but let's be real. It was a sign of serious insecurity. He'd just landed a whopper deal and he says that? He's not as confident as he should be. Why? Well, its simply really. If his shots are not falling, his game is just not diverse enough for him to impact anything at all. And he knows it in his heart, yet he doesn't do anything to change it. So he goes into a funk. Its kind of childish.

His confidence thus is subject to drop-offs and we're seeing him slumping. It's all mental. He did not come into this season prepared to change. It was lip service. I call him fake for a reason. I'm not just on some jihad. He says stuff that is not truly sincere just because he thinks that is what he should say, but it lacks conviction and follow through.

He's basically a simple man without much going on analytically upstairs. He doesn't have the mind to work with. He's a talented guy, but a profoundly ordinary human being in every other way.

It is going to be very difficult for him to change. I'd love it, but I think I've been pretty accurate in my assessment of this guy. He's selfish and if it takes embarrassing the crap out of him to make him change, then I think you do it. Bench him. Send a message. Otherwise, this is not going to turn out well.

Waiting on Melo to change of his own volition becomes a game of fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. We're in phase 2. Do Phil and Fish let Melo get away with this kind of play? If they care about the future of the franchise, they better lay down the law soon.

I disagree about Melo coming into this season not ready to change. I think Melo was really close to going to Chicago. I think Phil presented his vision and Melo bought in. I also think Melo put in the work before camp both getting in shape to play the three and also working out and practicing the new offense with the young guys weeks before camp started. I do agree about him being a simple man. But I disagree about the outcome.

Getting ready physically has nothing to do with mental preparation

Nor does it have to do with how a player mentally sees his place in this game

Hence Phil bringing in mindfulness training

Splat gets it, Melo doesn't and neither do some fans

Totally disagree about the getting ready physically comment. If you are working on your game and conditioning how are you not preparing for the season. What type of mental preparation are you suggesting Melo and players participate in?

Mental preparation has to do with how he sees the game

How he can do different things in an unfamiliar system

Working on the parts of his game he's not good at

Studying film, exercising proper leadership

Taking in the examples of past time greats

Maybe spending quality time around guys like Clyde-Larry Johnson

etc etc///// He has to see the game from a different vista

In order to truly change

It's not about losing weight or working on bounce back dribble jumpers

In one offseason

Also he openly admitted he lost weight to extend his playing career

Motives weren't 100% pure nor TEAM oriented

Aah. Not sure that was very well defined. Guys go their separate ways in the offseason and do their own work. Some plays on the dream team or usa select. Are Clyde and LJ working out with guys? I know Hakeem is. Is it about who you work out with or who your trainer is when you train? Melo was working out with teammates several weeks before training camp and working on the triangle. I don't think he came late to those work outs. If they were going on prior to his being there they weren't talked about in the press. Seems like a Melo slam. He has his faults but this mental training that you speak of is not something separate from working on your game and conditioning that guys do in the off season that I am aware of. Nothing that you posted changes my opinion on this.

Actually it does make sense what I said

Like he mentioned he hadn't spent much time around

Phil the whole off-season, guess what he should have

Matter of fact 1 step further

Fisher mentioned Phil surprised by calling him up

To go pay an old friend a visit, That person was Tex Winters

It was a passing of the torch type of visit

Guess who else should have requested to to spend time with him and actually do it

Melo said Phil handed him the Triangle playbook and study it

Does it look he has

Instead he's on concert trying to be Digital Melo during the offseason

The fact he made the public comment he doesn't see himself

Winning the scoring title in this offense shows you how his mind works

He's full of mental fragility

Who did Phil spend time around? He was in Europe for his son's wedding and on the west coast. I get Melo criticism. But this mental training for players is a unique new way to criticize a guy that does train and prepare for the season and showed up several weeks before camp to work with his teammates on the new offense. What happened to your Clyde, LJ points? What guys are accessible that provide mental training that Melo did not reach out to?

He can hang around Clyde and talk to him about winning in New York

What approach did he take when Monroe was added to the team

I forgot to mention Reed, pick his brain too

Ask them how they led, showing up at gyms 3weeks before camp is not necessarily

Mental preparation, especially when Melo has probably done similar in seasons past

Ask elder contemporaries when he can improve on his game

Reading Phil's interview about how he thinks

Provided insight on mental preparations, players can do likewise

Does Clyde want to hang around with Knick players in the offseason? He summers in St. Croix. Not sure that Reed works with Knick players but in general the mental training seems like a reach. The only thing I agree with is asking elder contemporaries for help. But we saw a huge difference in the success of the team when those guys were present. Kidd, Sheed, Kurt and reportedly Camby had a big impact on the 12-13 team. I think Calderon is that guy for the Knicks. Casey raves about him.

Yeah he does

He commented on this last year

He said he'd be more than willing to help Shumpert

With his jumpshot and on defensive principles

He said he never ask players to use him as an outlet

But if they did he would be more than happy to help

Is that during the offseason or when he is working with the team? Also, is that the mental training that you were talking about?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/8/2014  1:56 AM
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/8/2014  8:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:Perception of Fish sure has done a 180 with many
No issues with Fisher. This is a work in progress and the guy is a first year head coach. The triangle is almost a dysfunctional offense if you are down more than 5. It works great when you are leading. I think there will be a lot more growing pains with this team but I think Fish gets it and will be a great one when all is said and done.

Yeah, I can't worry about him either. He'll probably end up having a nice career coaching. This roster is possibly incapable of learning the triangle though. Not sure what kind of drama that indicates, but I think it is more than a question of giving them 30 games to learn it. If Melo doesn't have his head in the game and he is not fully committed, trying to run the triangle is going to lay an egg.

Only wrinkle I can see right now is waiting to see if Jose can help enough to get Melo in sync and cooperating. Outside of that, I'm still thinking under 30 wins this season. A high pick is good, but I hate to see the core player not buy in. It could become a problem.

Anyone else think Pierce puts Melo in a funk? Seems to be a really tough match up for him and Pierce's mouth seems to impact Melo's game.
On a side note, it doesn't seem to matter who Alan Anderson plays for he kills the Knicks.

Don't forget Melo waited for KG after a game to "talk". Those Celtics mindfuc'd him good. I've never had full confidence in Melo's mindset. I think he gets rattled. The whole superstar thing to me is very much about mindset. Melo doesn't have that. Sure, he loves the adrenalin of having the ball at the end of the game and all that, but that doesn't require any thoughtfulness.

I've mocked him for his pre-season superstar comment, but let's be real. It was a sign of serious insecurity. He'd just landed a whopper deal and he says that? He's not as confident as he should be. Why? Well, its simply really. If his shots are not falling, his game is just not diverse enough for him to impact anything at all. And he knows it in his heart, yet he doesn't do anything to change it. So he goes into a funk. Its kind of childish.

His confidence thus is subject to drop-offs and we're seeing him slumping. It's all mental. He did not come into this season prepared to change. It was lip service. I call him fake for a reason. I'm not just on some jihad. He says stuff that is not truly sincere just because he thinks that is what he should say, but it lacks conviction and follow through.

He's basically a simple man without much going on analytically upstairs. He doesn't have the mind to work with. He's a talented guy, but a profoundly ordinary human being in every other way.

It is going to be very difficult for him to change. I'd love it, but I think I've been pretty accurate in my assessment of this guy. He's selfish and if it takes embarrassing the crap out of him to make him change, then I think you do it. Bench him. Send a message. Otherwise, this is not going to turn out well.

Waiting on Melo to change of his own volition becomes a game of fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. We're in phase 2. Do Phil and Fish let Melo get away with this kind of play? If they care about the future of the franchise, they better lay down the law soon.

I disagree about Melo coming into this season not ready to change. I think Melo was really close to going to Chicago. I think Phil presented his vision and Melo bought in. I also think Melo put in the work before camp both getting in shape to play the three and also working out and practicing the new offense with the young guys weeks before camp started. I do agree about him being a simple man. But I disagree about the outcome.

Getting ready physically has nothing to do with mental preparation

Nor does it have to do with how a player mentally sees his place in this game

Hence Phil bringing in mindfulness training

Splat gets it, Melo doesn't and neither do some fans

Totally disagree about the getting ready physically comment. If you are working on your game and conditioning how are you not preparing for the season. What type of mental preparation are you suggesting Melo and players participate in?

Mental preparation has to do with how he sees the game

How he can do different things in an unfamiliar system

Working on the parts of his game he's not good at

Studying film, exercising proper leadership

Taking in the examples of past time greats

Maybe spending quality time around guys like Clyde-Larry Johnson

etc etc///// He has to see the game from a different vista

In order to truly change

It's not about losing weight or working on bounce back dribble jumpers

In one offseason

Also he openly admitted he lost weight to extend his playing career

Motives weren't 100% pure nor TEAM oriented

Aah. Not sure that was very well defined. Guys go their separate ways in the offseason and do their own work. Some plays on the dream team or usa select. Are Clyde and LJ working out with guys? I know Hakeem is. Is it about who you work out with or who your trainer is when you train? Melo was working out with teammates several weeks before training camp and working on the triangle. I don't think he came late to those work outs. If they were going on prior to his being there they weren't talked about in the press. Seems like a Melo slam. He has his faults but this mental training that you speak of is not something separate from working on your game and conditioning that guys do in the off season that I am aware of. Nothing that you posted changes my opinion on this.

Actually it does make sense what I said

Like he mentioned he hadn't spent much time around

Phil the whole off-season, guess what he should have

Matter of fact 1 step further

Fisher mentioned Phil surprised by calling him up

To go pay an old friend a visit, That person was Tex Winters

It was a passing of the torch type of visit

Guess who else should have requested to to spend time with him and actually do it

Melo said Phil handed him the Triangle playbook and study it

Does it look he has

Instead he's on concert trying to be Digital Melo during the offseason

The fact he made the public comment he doesn't see himself

Winning the scoring title in this offense shows you how his mind works

He's full of mental fragility

Who did Phil spend time around? He was in Europe for his son's wedding and on the west coast. I get Melo criticism. But this mental training for players is a unique new way to criticize a guy that does train and prepare for the season and showed up several weeks before camp to work with his teammates on the new offense. What happened to your Clyde, LJ points? What guys are accessible that provide mental training that Melo did not reach out to?

he should have been begging someone to help him so as to justify that ridiculous contract. melo don't do beg though. too in love with himself.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/8/2014  8:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:F50 if an athelete is invited to the Bloomberg Sports Business Summit is he supposed to decline the invitation. Are athletes not allowed to try and establish a post career business/income. Are you suggesting that a 20 minute interview about an athlete's investments deterred from his preparation for the upcoming season? What would you have him doing for that 20 minutes?

trouble with that interview was that it was a very public blowjob. that doesn't help melo's priorities and perspectives much. apparently the tough love approach is a no go with him... so what are you left with?

thought experiment. imagine somehow that melo is a spur and popovich is the coach. i know... right?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Splat

11/8/2014  8:25 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:F50 if an athelete is invited to the Bloomberg Sports Business Summit is he supposed to decline the invitation. Are athletes not allowed to try and establish a post career business/income. Are you suggesting that a 20 minute interview about an athlete's investments deterred from his preparation for the upcoming season? What would you have him doing for that 20 minutes?

trouble with that interview was that it was a very public blowjob. that doesn't help melo's priorities and perspectives much. apparently the tough love approach is a no go with him... so what are you left with?

thought experiment. imagine somehow that melo is a spur and popovich is the coach. i know... right?

It's not a total loss. At least we have the world's first digital athlete.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/8/2014  10:20 AM
Papabear Says

Hey this is not about Melo alone no matter how much he makes. It's about the whole team. they are not good players. We all new this before the season started that this will be a throw away year. So stop gripping. I already went to 2 of the Knicks games and had some fun. You see I know what to expect this season and I can see your gripping if some of you were season ticket holders but you are not. You are blogers not spending a dime. So just stop complaining so much, you already know the deal. You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Papabear
Splat

11/8/2014  10:24 AM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Hey this is not about Melo alone no matter how much he makes. It's about the whole team. they are not good players. We all new this before the season started that this will be a throw away year. So stop gripping. I already went to 2 of the Knicks games and had some fun. You see I know what to expect this season and I can see your gripping if some of you were season ticket holders but you are not. You are blogers not spending a dime. So just stop complaining so much, you already know the deal. You are starting to sound like a broken record.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2014  10:26 AM
Splat wrote:
dk7th wrote:

It's not a total loss. At least we have the world's first digital
You mean he is *the one*?

RIP Crushalot😞
Splat

11/8/2014  10:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
It's not a total loss. At least we have the world's first digital
You mean he is *the one*?

Game Thread: Knicks @Nets 7:30 - Who is worse?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy