[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Wizards vs Knicks 7:30 P.M. EST
Author Thread
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

11/4/2014  11:12 PM
thejerk wrote:I'm am by no means an expert but did anyone see much of the triangle tonight. I saw prigs try and run it a few plays and Jr not knowing where to go on one of them. Looks like they resorted to that iso bs and just running high screens and settling for jumpers, what was up tonight? or am I missing something here about this new offense.

This team is still immature and selfishly stupid

What they did is their usual, front ran off a win

Guys like Melo and J.R. are trying to do enough

Not to get blamed while at the same time calling themselves

Rewarding themselves with how they want to play

By showing token effort to run the system and if it produces a win

Then it's "'Hey Gotta Go Get Mine', because I was good wasn't I Fisher"

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2014  12:27 AM
There was one stretch in the 2nd qtr where the team actually executed the offense and they went up 45-38. They cooled off to end the half but still had a lead. Then they got sloppy again in the 3rd qtr. It's hard to get the team refocused if it's not gonna be led by Melo and the better players on the team. This is why I think this team will get a boost from a healthy Jose. We need a brain on the floor and he's the smartest on the roster with the skill to get everyone back in the right flow.
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/5/2014  12:35 AM
They do need Jose. Pablo ain't cutting it. And Larkin is still a crack baby learning how to walk.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/5/2014  12:36 AM
Jose is our savior ... love Jose. He will get us 50 wins.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
Splat

11/5/2014  12:39 AM
mreinman wrote:Jose is our savior ... love Jose. He will get us 50 wins.

No, but he will get my cigarettes and Colt 45, because Jose is my bitch

nixluva
USA
11/5/2014  12:49 AM

It's not about saviors! Jose is light years ahead of Larkin in terms of BB IQ so there's really no joke about how much of a difference he would make for this team. We see this team play up and down in terms of proper execution and Jose can help make that happen less. While Jose is out this team will be inconsistent.

mreinman

11/5/2014  12:53 AM
nixluva wrote:

It's not about saviors! Jose is light years ahead of Larkin in terms of BB IQ so there's really no joke about how much of a difference he would make for this team. We see this team play up and down in terms of proper execution and Jose can help make that happen less. While Jose is out this team will be inconsistent.

If Amare and Melo refuse to pass then it really does not make a difference who is our PG.

Gonna also be fun to watch how the guy that Jose guards gets to look like a super star.

Splat

11/5/2014  1:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2014  1:08 AM
nixluva wrote:

I think we all want to see what Jose can do and the team is short-handed.

That said, you're saying you know Jose will make the team more successful. None of us knows what will happen. He has never played a game out of pre-season here and he lost time and conditioning, so the best anyone can say is it can't hurt to have him back and it might help a good deal.

We can probably guess that Melo and JR are not going to be kept in line by Pablo and definitely not Larkin. Do we think Jose can lead them? We'll see. He can tell people where to be on the floor and can probably run the offense more effectively, but we still need the knuckleheads who are this team's top talents to fall in line.

They can't get back Jose soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Its lost time and makes it harder to make this gel without him. We'll see how good they play as a result, but nothing is certain.

Yes, Melo is a knucklehead. And he needs to buy in fully or Jose could be mighty mouse and it wouldn't matter.

nixluva
USA
11/5/2014  1:06 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

If Amare and Melo refuse to pass then it really does not make a difference who is our PG.

Gonna also be fun to watch how the guy that Jose guards gets to look like a super star.

You really can't underestimate the impact of a true floor general. Jose is one of the smartest PG's and surely the smartest on this team. We need to run an efficient offense and Jose will help that happen. Sure he's no stopped on D but it's not gonna be as bad as you make it sound. With the defensive scheme we're using. Our biggest issue has been poor offensive execution and not so much poor D although that needs improvement too.

nixluva
USA
11/5/2014  1:13 AM
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That said, you're saying you know Jose will make the team more successful. None of us knows what will happen. He has never played a game out of pre-season here and he lost time and conditioning, so the best anyone can say is it can't hurt to have him back and it might help a good deal.

We can probably guess that Melo and JR are not going to be kept in line by Pablo and definitely not Larkin. Do we think Jose can lead them? We'll see. He can tell people where to be on the floor and can probably run the offense more effectively, but we still need the knuckleheads who are this team's top talents to fall in line.

They can't get back Jose soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Its lost time and makes it harder to make this gel without him. We'll see how good they play as a result, but nothing is certain.

I would say that Jose is near the very top in terms of offensive efficiency and assist to turnover ratio. Jose isn't some savior but he's so much better than Larkin and he can run a team. To suggest otherwise is not being fair to his actual ability.

Splat

11/5/2014  1:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2014  1:39 AM
nixluva wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I would say that Jose is near the very top in terms of offensive efficiency and assist to turnover ratio. Jose isn't some savior but he's so much better than Larkin and he can run a team. To suggest otherwise is not being fair to his actual ability.

You are responding to someone else's post then, because that is not what I said. I said he's needed and any success we'd have with him is wholly dependent on compliance by the knuckleheads in the asylum.

We all know Jose has a good turnover to assist ratio and he is a clean, if not flashy distributor and that he can shoot. So he should be an upgrade when he returns.

The positive dynamics of the ballclub though are no guarantee. Melo said today the vibe is good this year and last year was bad. We'll see about that. Melo pouts when things don't go his way and he reverts to his least effective style of play. The club is overly dependent on him playing well and that means committing in spite of bad losses and staying the course. Jose can't make him do that. That is what I'm saying.

If Melo is a full adult, then Jose should help much more than our current PGs. Otherwise, the season sinks.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/5/2014  9:15 AM
Cole Aldrich shoots at the underside of the rim. From the bottom. That really hurt to listen to.
That and Melo reverting to jab step dribble dribble dribble iso made me want to puke in the 3rd and 4th quarters. There, I said it.

Can Shump maintain this? One needs to hope so.

And what would a Knicks season be without JR doing something inanely stupid? Please JR, tell me that was an accident. Tell me that was just a clear out move that went wrong. Tell me you forgot the games have video cameras at them.

So we're a pro basketball team and we don't know how to break a press? Didn't DFish ever watch Hoosiers?

mreinman

11/5/2014  9:44 AM
jrodmc wrote:Cole Aldrich shoots at the underside of the rim. From the bottom. That really hurt to listen to.
That and Melo reverting to jab step dribble dribble dribble iso made me want to puke in the 3rd and 4th quarters. There, I said it.

And what would a Knicks season be without JR doing something inanely stupid? Please JR, tell me that was an accident. Tell me that was just a clear out move that went wrong. Tell me you forgot the games have video cameras at them.

So we're a pro basketball team and we don't know how to break a press? Didn't DFish ever watch Hoosiers?

aint nothin wrong with being honest ... now go take a cold shower

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/5/2014  9:50 AM
mreinman wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Cole Aldrich shoots at the underside of the rim. From the bottom. That really hurt to listen to.

Does this mean I should start calling myself out as a hater?

We take it out on the Pistons tonight!

mreinman

11/5/2014  9:52 AM
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Does this mean I should start calling myself out as a hater?

We take it out on the Pistons tonight!

I am a hater and proud of it.

I hate stupid and/or selfish basketball.

F500ONE

11/5/2014  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2014  10:06 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Bingo because the point guard is forced

To give it up early, hoping there's trickle down consideration effect

Those two bums are usually the players who receive

One of the early passes, black holin it up

F500ONE

11/5/2014  10:06 AM

I never understood the Cole Aldirch Man Blush

One of the worst hook-flip horse shots by any player

On any level of play in human history, pre-flood included

Melo has been on his "Won't Stop Jab Stepping" since before he was a Knick

This won't change, you can't

Teach an old slob how to do bruce lee kung fu flicks

mreinman

11/5/2014  10:10 AM
F500ONE wrote:

your judging his shooting (efficiency) after 4 games.

Check his per 36 numbers from last year as a better sample size.

The guy made every minutes count in huge way.

Not sure what your issue is with him, is this based solely on you eye test?

He passed my eye test and then I checked the stats and he surely passed there as well.

Splat

11/5/2014  10:11 AM
Cole has got orangutang arms. How do you expect him to shoot like a human?

We have a team full of crack babies, various primates and a wino or two. Show some compassion!

F500ONE

11/5/2014  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2014  10:24 AM
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

your judging his shooting (efficiency) after 4 games.

Check his per 36 numbers from last year as a better sample size.

The guy made every minutes count in huge way.

Not sure what your issue is with him, is this based solely on you eye test?

He passed my eye test and then I checked the stats and he surely passed there as well.

It's never really been about his ability

To get numbers and be productive

It's how he goes about getting them and

Is it done without causing an expense to the team

He's an above average player who's nowhere close

To being a Superstar Franchise talent

I'm sure Laker Fans echoed the same as you

When critics come down on Kobe's play

Game Thread: Wizards vs Knicks 7:30 P.M. EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy