[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Wizards vs Knicks 7:30 P.M. EST
Author Thread
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/4/2014  9:53 PM
The score now is a more accurate reflection of the difference between these teams. Wiz are a way better team. This is why you need to take advantage of better teams on off nights. Can't just show up like this.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/4/2014  9:54 PM
It's crazy how quickly this team can go from moving n grooving like they were at one point to totally losing the flow of the offense. They were doing it right for a while and then totally faltered. Melo had a detrimental effect on this game. He has to learn that he sets the tone for his team. If he ignores the system it breaks down.
ScoreBot
11/4/2014  9:55 PM
Final  
NYK 83 WAS 98
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/4/2014  9:57 PM
Splat wrote:The score now is a more accurate reflection of the difference between these teams. Wiz are a way better team. This is why you need to take advantage of better teams on off nights. Can't just show up like this.

sad but true. it is what it is

just gotta hope we make better roster decisions going forward

The Larkin thing is very disheartning

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/4/2014  9:59 PM
We had very little offense in the paint, let the Wiz play our guards closer. Melo and Stat got selfish at times, very disappointing.
This was the most decisive I have seen Shumpert in meaningful minutes as a pro. Didn't always make the right decision, but he was very aggressive and didn't hesitate to take it to the rim.

Acy coming back will help us in the paint, as well as Bargs who plays well at center. This team was doing a great job of powering through mistakes to win. They need to get back to that and not fall back on bad habits, like quitting.

Splat

11/4/2014  9:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2014  10:01 PM
nixluva wrote:It's crazy how quickly this team can go from moving n grooving like they were at one point to totally losing the flow of the offense. They were doing it right for a while and then totally faltered. Melo had a detrimental effect on this game. He has to learn that he sets the tone for his team. If he ignores the system it breaks down.

Team has been like this for years now. Hot and cold. Under both Woodson and MDA. Melo is the one common denominator since he is the core of the team. As goes Melo, so goes the Knicks.

This is why you need to influence Melo by coaching the rest of the team into playing the game right, because Melo is rarely the guy who gets a lightbulb over his head and starts to do all the right things to inspire his teammates.

Melo is not a leader. He's a shooter. And all he really knows how to do when things aren't going right is to keep chucking. That usually lowers his efficiency unless he is piping hot.

But since it is going to be really hard for Fish to rally everyone to inspire Melo, he has a real challenge on his hands, because if Melo reverts and can't snap out of it the team is not good enough without him to compensate.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/4/2014  10:02 PM
Also have to keep perspective. This team is going to get better over time. We still are missing our starting PG which has to be recognized.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/4/2014  10:03 PM
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:It's crazy how quickly this team can go from moving n grooving like they were at one point to totally losing the flow of the offense. They were doing it right for a while and then totally faltered. Melo had a detrimental effect on this game. He has to learn that he sets the tone for his team. If he ignores the system it breaks down.

Team has been like this for years now. Hot and cold. Under both Woodson and MDA. Melo is the one common denominator since he is the core of the team. As goes Melo, so goes the Knicks.

This is why you need to influence Melo by coaching the rest of the team into playing the game right, because Melo is rarely the guy who gets a lightbulb over his head and starts to do all the right things to inspire his teammates.

Melo is not a leader. He's a shooter. And all he really knows how to do when things aren't going right is to keep chucking. That usually lowers his efficiency unless he is piping hot.

But since it is going to be really hard for Fish to rally everyone to inspire Melo, he has a real challenge on his hands, because if Melo reverts and can't snap out of it the team is not good enough without him to compensate.

I was actually hoping Fisher did the thing and benched Melo right after that airball three where no one touched the ball from the inbounds but him.

That would have laid the culture change down with concrete understanding.

Splat

11/4/2014  10:05 PM
nixluva wrote:Also have to keep perspective. This team is going to get better over time. We still are missing our starting PG which has to be recognized.

That is an assumption. I've often thought time brings progress, but it is often not the case. When a team continues to support one another and work hard to play team ball, then you can see progress. My previous point is that the collective will of the team still hinges on Melo. If his teammates feel discouraged, team spirit can dissipate and progress can halt. I've maintained all along that the two key variables for this particular season are Fish and Melo. Fish looks solid so far. Melo still has his leadership training wheels on and tonight he got an F.

gunsnewing
USA
11/4/2014  10:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:We had very little offense in the paint, let the Wiz play our guards closer. Melo and Stat got selfish at times, very disappointing.
This was the most decisive I have seen Shumpert in meaningful minutes as a pro. Didn't always make the right decision, but he was very aggressive and didn't hesitate to take it to the rim.

Acy coming back will help us in the paint, as well as Bargs who plays well at center. This team was doing a great job of powering through mistakes to win. They need to get back to that and not fall back on bad habits, like quitting.

Agree with everything. Even the Bargnani bit. We actually could've used him in the middle. Amare was worthless defensively and on the board. And we didn't go to him enough inside to offset.

Then again Wizards big were too much for Amare. BArgani 7'1 would've helped

Splat

11/4/2014  10:06 PM
I wonder what happened to Wear. He should have earned some brownie points for defending Lebron well.
gunsnewing
USA
11/4/2014  10:08 PM
Splat wrote:I wonder what happened to Wear. He should have earned some brownie points for defending Lebron well.

yup would've been worth throwing him in there in place of Melo when the game was still in reach in the 4th

Splat

11/4/2014  10:12 PM
I should amend my post by saying while Fish has looked solid so far, that is said with the perspective of him being a rookie coach. For a new coach, he has been great. Melo gets less leeway from my POV being a vet with a decade of experience under his belt.

To say Fish is anything yet is premature. I'd probably be gushing right now if he benched Melo and ate the loss with Melo watching the game seated. That would have been brilliant. Can't have everything though.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/4/2014  10:17 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:I wonder what happened to Wear. He should have earned some brownie points for defending Lebron well.

yup would've been worth throwing him in there in place of Melo when the game was still in reach in the 4th

Don't think Fisher would do something like that so early in the season. Too much loss of face for Anthony at this point. Maybe you do it down the line if Anthony refuses to play within the system.

Shumpert had a similar issue in this game- over over-aggressive in getting off his shots.

Is it possible that Fisher gave them a green light when he saw that other things were just not working?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/4/2014  10:24 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Don't think Fisher would do something like that so early in the season. Too much loss of face for Anthony at this point. Maybe you do it down the line if Anthony refuses to play within the system.

Shumpert had a similar issue in this game- over over-aggressive in getting off his shots.

Is it possible that Fisher gave them a green light when he saw that other things were just not working?

If Fisher wont do it now, he wont do it later on in the season. Accountability should be in place at all times.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2014  10:28 PM
I hate Paul Pierce.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/4/2014  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2014  10:44 PM

Fisher was soul searching that game

Got lucky and caught lightning in a bottle

All because Lebron wet and chat the bed

I told everyone I'd doubt Fisher would go back to Wear

Fisher is coaching off of tingling sensations

We'll probably see Wear the next game for the simple fact we got handled tonight

thejerk
Member: #962
11/4/2014  10:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2014  10:50 PM
I'm am by no means an expert but did anyone see much of the triangle tonight. I saw prigs try and run it a few plays and Jr not knowing where to go on one of them. Looks like they resorted to that iso bs and just running high screens and settling for jumpers, what was up tonight? or am I missing something here about this new offense.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2014  10:48 PM
thejerk wrote:I'm am by no means an expert but did anyone see much of the triangle tonight. I'm saw prigs try and run it a few plays and Jr not knowing where to go on one of them. Looks like they resorted to that iso bs and just running high screens and settling for jumpers, what was up tonight? or am I missing something here about this new offense.

I agree with you. Didn't really see it in the second half.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
11/4/2014  11:06 PM
thejerk wrote:I'm am by no means an expert but did anyone see much of the triangle tonight. I saw prigs try and run it a few plays and Jr not knowing where to go on one of them. Looks like they resorted to that iso bs and just running high screens and settling for jumpers, what was up tonight? or am I missing something here about this new offense.

Wizards made it hard to get amare going inside. With that said the knicks should've tried to get the ball inside to the big more. They really missed Acy. He has a good grasp on where to be at all times

Game Thread: Wizards vs Knicks 7:30 P.M. EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy