[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Hornets vs Knicks 7:30 P.M. EST
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2014  10:11 PM
The thing is we lose this game last year!!! Gotta put things in perspective. Hornets aren't scrubs and we aren't world beaters. This was a valid win. This team is gonna be shaky at times early in the season.
AUTOADVERT
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/2/2014  10:12 PM
Finestrg wrote:Never recalling being more angry after a win...lol

Take a wine bath dude

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/2/2014  10:14 PM
Splat wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fisher has to have better balance in the lineup...2nd qt..Team playing well then wholesale subs..3rd qt 4 offensive players then 4th, only Melo as an option..What happened to Larkin, he was playing well..Prigs can't hold Walker..etc..Work in progress I guess..I'll take the win..

More Larkin and Acy. Less Pablo. Play Wear some of Jason's minutes.

Fisher is doing thus far what I figured

I said some guys are gonna have to get DNPd

There aren't enough minutes to play everyone

We got the win and for now probably all that matter to most

Although we'll see if guys can remain engaged

Clean
Member: #743
11/2/2014  10:15 PM
Splat wrote:

Take a wine bath dude

Is it OK to sip the bath water if it is wine? These are the questions that need to be answered!

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

I gotta say Larkin is continuing to earn his stripes.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

Clean wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Bad game for us..you take the win but man, we played terribly. I hate--repeat HATE--how this team plays at home.

There is no such thing as a bad game in which we win. We are expected to win at most 25 games this year. Could we have done better? Yes, but I would not call it a bad game.

I would..come on man--at home, up 15 and then cough it up the way we did, and then struggle to put this team away, letting them hang around for 3 quarters...missing FTs, guys afraid to step up and help Melo, couldn't get stops for over 2 full quarters, seeming trading baskets...awful.

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/2/2014  10:17 PM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fisher has to have better balance in the lineup...2nd qt..Team playing well up 15 then wholesale subs..3rd qt 4 offensive players then 4th, only Melo as an option..What happened to Larkin, he was playing well..Prigs can't hold Walker..etc..Work in progress I guess..I'll take the win..

To be honest he's doing just fine. The starters push the game, the bench try to hold serve, then the starters come back in and complete the task.

U want to site examples?
Splat

11/2/2014  10:17 PM
Clean wrote:
Splat wrote:

Take a wine bath dude

Is it OK to sip the bath water if it is wine? These are the questions that need to be answered!

Yes, the proteins and nutrients from your skin excretions and exfoliation while in the bath will enrich the wine and nourish you further. It is a more pleasant version of drinking your own urine.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/2/2014  10:18 PM
Another game with over 20 asts.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/2/2014  10:19 PM
Clean wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Bad game for us..you take the win but man, we played terribly. I hate--repeat HATE--how this team plays at home.

There is no such thing as a bad game in which we win. We are expected to win at most 25 games this year. Could we have done better? Yes, but I would not call it a bad game.

I can guarantee that Fisher was steaming under his calm exterior after seen the shots Anthony and Shumpert took in our last 2 possessions. You can't have that kind of play if you want to be a good team, IMO. Some guys still having issues shaking off the Woodson ISO tendencies.

Shumpert, who has played well, and was once thought to be a potential PG, cannot take the shot he did with significant time left on the clock. Guys also have to be moving without the ball, because, to Shumpert's credit, he did look like he was trying to pass off.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

11/2/2014  10:19 PM
Gotta say the team is more entertaining than I thought they would be this year thus far..
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/2/2014  10:20 PM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fisher has to have better balance in the lineup...2nd qt..Team playing well up 15 then wholesale subs..3rd qt 4 offensive players then 4th, only Melo as an option..What happened to Larkin, he was playing well..Prigs can't hold Walker..etc..Work in progress I guess..I'll take the win..

To be honest he's doing just fine. The starters push the game, the bench try to hold serve, then the starters come back in and complete the task.

U want to site examples?

Examples of what? Everything I said actually happened.

Gsus
Member: #4459

11/2/2014  10:21 PM
Wowww...we just won a competitive, close game to a playoff team from last year that got better, and people here are actually MAD that this team, projected to win 30 games, miss the playoffs as the 10th seed, kept it close. Like, really? You expected them to keep the 15 point lead they had in the FIRST HALF? SMFH.

Stop acting like our team is a championship contender. Be happy with the progress. I saw some great ball movement today, clutch shots, and fourth quarter defense (held them to 13 points). Get a grip.

Splat

11/2/2014  10:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2014  10:22 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Clean wrote:

I would..come on man--at home, up 15 and then cough it up the way we did, and then struggle to put this team away, letting them hang around for 3 quarters...missing FTs, guys afraid to step up and help Melo, couldn't get stops for over 2 full quarters, seeming trading baskets...awful.

It was pretty crappy basketball after early in the 2nd quarter. Grabbing a win like this is largely a function of stealing games when the other team is not playing that well either. We had something to do with the Cavs playing poorly, but tonight both teams were sloppy. That said, we lose most of these games under Woodson even if I didn't think Fish hit as many of the right buttons tonight. It was enough. I can't get angry when I started the season with low expectations. Every win is good for the team psyche as long as they aren't delusional and think they played well. We kind of sucked, but its a win.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/2/2014  10:23 PM
I'll take the win but I'm not happy at all. They should be embarrassed...plus we got that fluke gift call that Alan Hahn just said didn't cost the hornets...huh? It cost them a critical possession!!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2014  10:23 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Splat wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fisher has to have better balance in the lineup...2nd qt..Team playing well then wholesale subs..3rd qt 4 offensive players then 4th, only Melo as an option..What happened to Larkin, he was playing well..Prigs can't hold Walker..etc..Work in progress I guess..I'll take the win..

More Larkin and Acy. Less Pablo. Play Wear some of Jason's minutes.

Fisher is doing thus far what I figured

I said some guys are gonna have to get DNPd

There aren't enough minutes to play everyone

We got the win and for now probably all that matter to most

Although we'll see if guys can remain engaged

WTF? Fish has been using his bench so far this year. It's been more of a deep rotation than a short one. This is what I said Fish might do since we have a lot of guys that are about the same level.

WP76
Member: #4508

11/2/2014  10:24 PM
For all of our lapses and shortcomings in this game, I'll take an ugly win over a well-played loss every time--especially when the other team shoots twice as many FTs as we do.
holfresh

knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:

U want to site examples?

Ha..U didn't say anything..The bench extended the 15 point lead in the 2nd and was playing well..Larkin was having a great game, what happened to him?..4th down the stretch, Melo put up some tough shots because he was the only option..We needed another offensive option at that point..

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
What I don't like is the unit where we have 4 completely non-offensive players around Melo. Playing Prigioni, Acy, Dalembert, Shumpert at the same time is tough. 3 of those players just don't take shots and the other is as hot and cold as any player in the NBA. They are all great on D but it makes us very, very easy to guard and I don't think we can win that way.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/2/2014  10:27 PM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:

U want to site examples?

Ha..U didn't say anything..The bench extended the 15 point lead in the 2nd and was playing well..Larkin was having a great game, what happened to him?..4th down the stretch, Melo put up some tough shots because he was the only option..We needed another offensive option at that point..

The team needed defense at the end COMBINED with melo's scoring....thats exactly what they got. personally this wondering why this guy plays or not is irrelevant when they win. Fisher is clearly giving all these guys the burn needed to compete when called upon.

No complaints from...they won, thats all that matters.

Game Thread: Hornets vs Knicks 7:30 P.M. EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy