[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Travis Wear appreciation thread
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

10/31/2014  10:13 AM
This kid fits the triangle like a glove! He can pass,shoot,rebound, and defend... He not only played his way on this team, he played his way into the rotation! Way to lockdown Lebron last night while you were on the floor.. I have a feeling were going to be seeing a lot of Wear this year!
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  10:34 AM
he certainly earned another look. He strikes me as a system guy who will look good when the machine is running well. He had no clue he was going to play. I loved his quote.. "coach called my name, so I went out and played."
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/31/2014  11:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  11:08 AM
The new Dollar Bill Bradley
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/31/2014  11:37 AM
He is Landry Fields.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/31/2014  12:46 PM
LEBRON STOPPER
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/31/2014  1:13 PM
As I said in another thread, I'm a big believer in Wear. His game is fluid and is second-nature, which are two things that are essential to a player having a long career in this league. All this and I have been a massive skeptic of our yoots in the past.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2014  1:18 PM
YouTubeTravis NOW!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2014  1:54 PM
Rumor is we have both the Twins and we switch them out.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  3:41 PM
Silverfuel wrote:He is Landry Fields.
if we are lucky. That would be a great find.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2014  5:00 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:This kid fits the triangle like a glove! He can pass,shoot,rebound, and defend... He not only played his way on this team, he played his way into the rotation! Way to lockdown Lebron last night while you were on the floor.. I have a feeling were going to be seeing a lot of Wear this year!

I like Wear a lot. That being said, once the rest of the league gets more extensive game film on him, let's see how he adjusts ( or doesn't adjust depending on the situation)

I kind of get your point but I don't get what it is you think that teams are gonna learn that would really change his ability to contribute. Guys like him are effective in the team game because they feed off good execution. He's not really going to be initiating anything. His job is to use the system to get him open shots or move the ball and to defend and get rebounds. Not much to really go after if your an opposing team since we're not really running anything specific for him. Wear will get open when this team is executing the offense and forcing the defense to react. In that sense he's well equipped to handle that kind of role. As long as he hustles he'll be just fine.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/31/2014  5:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  5:11 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:This kid fits the triangle like a glove! He can pass,shoot,rebound, and defend... He not only played his way on this team, he played his way into the rotation! Way to lockdown Lebron last night while you were on the floor.. I have a feeling were going to be seeing a lot of Wear this year!

I like Wear a lot. That being said, once the rest of the league gets more extensive game film on him, let's see how he adjusts ( or doesn't adjust depending on the situation)

Actually there isn't any film on Wear

Because he hasn't played much

Meanwhile Wear has access to tons of film on teams

And players in this league, so he'll be figuring things out

About them before they figure him out

That's of course if Fisher didn't play him last night out of desperation

Let's hope he's earned Fisher's respect and he'll be a

Regular staple in the rotation

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2014  5:59 PM
I think signing Wear was a great move. Love appreciation threads.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
11/1/2014  6:20 AM
“Travis Wear is a young player who we didn’t even know would be with us a month ago. The minutes he had on the floor were solid. That was the difference (Thursday), everybody gave us something and that’s what we need every night,” Fisher said.

“Crazy, surreal,” Wear added. “(Fisher) gave me no indication I would play that much, but when my number was called, I had to be ready. . . . I’m not coming into the game searching for shots. I’m coming into the game trying to run the triangle offense, play defense and if I’m open and have a shot, I have a shot.”

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
H1AND1
Member: #5648

11/1/2014  8:46 AM
I made fun of/wrote off Wear in another thread and he certainly made my comments look foolish the other night. He played really well against the Cavs. That's great. I'd rather the Knicks find a diamond in the rough than be right! I hope he blossoms and becomes a contributer to this team.
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
11/1/2014  10:02 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:I kind of get your point but I don't get what it is you think that teams are gonna learn that would really change his ability to contribute.

Every player has tendencies and weaknesses. Some players can get rattled if you create certain conditions.

Players are scouted ahead of time by other teams.

This is true in all pro sports. This is part of the reason why backup QBs in the NFL sometimes have a nice 2-3 start run when they are unknowns, but given a little time, other teams begin to pick up on what the player does well or not.

There's a reason why Wear was available. Not saying he can't help the Knicks nor contribute in an NBA rotation, but it's not like he's an All Star gem hidden from view from the entire league to this point. '

What did the old guy from the movie Reservoir Dogs say to his crew to temper their expectations? "Let's not go start sucking each others dicks here quite yet"

I like Wear, I hope for the best for him, but it's only been a couple of games.

If you don't believe Wear will have to adjust and counteradjust to other teams scouting him at some point, then I just don't know what to say.

There are junior football leagues in Texas where coaches are videotaping games of their opponents players, kids who are 9-10 years old, to see what kind of weaknesses exist. See what plays are run. See what the tendencies are. This kind of stuff happens for kids playing sports and you think it has no impact at the professional sports level?

It was pulp fiction and winston wolf. (Re: sucking dcks)

Wear isn't looking to shoot. He's lookig to defend and facilitate the defense.

Nothing you can game plan against.

I understand the sentiment, but the reality is there is not way to game plan against a defender. Especially a long defender in system basketball.

Just saying.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Travis Wear appreciation thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy