[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TNT Announcing Team
Author Thread
foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

10/31/2014  7:31 AM
Just horrible. Not sure if this was a special announcing team for the first (Cavs) game. Marv is a Dinosaur who can't control the other two. Barkey mumbles non stop and only pays attention to the game at limited intervals.....that is of course when he was not putting down the Knicks/triangle. Miller seems uninterested and is uninteresting. They spent about 80 % of the broadcast talking about the Cavs chances this season as if it was a studio show.
AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

10/31/2014  7:37 AM
Ugh, Reggie Miller is legitimately one of the worst announcers across all sports. He ranks right up (down?) There with Joe Buck. And I don't know why TNT insists on trying to shoehorn Barkley in as an announcer.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2014  8:05 AM
Marv is not good or bad. He is Marv. I heard marv first as a kid.

I Like Barkley. Mumbles and all. If you don't like the anti knick understand its well deserved and the only way to get rid of it is to win more than lose!!! Really simple.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/31/2014  8:27 AM
funny. i actually like miller and find him to be very fair.

barkley is ridiculous with his knicks hate.

marv is still marv.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/31/2014  8:30 AM
anrst wrote:funny. i actually like miller and find him to be very fair.

marv is still marv.

I was just about to write the same thing. Miller is actually pretty good. Even when he was broadcasting our games vs the Pacers in the 2nd round 2 yrs ago. He didn't come off as a Pacer homer to me. Barkley is Barkley don't really get hung up on his words, just take the entertainment value for what it is.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/31/2014  9:05 AM
Barkley is just mindless. Its not even about Knicks hate. Dude doesn't make sense and just doesn't shut up. Its not funny its just stupid talk. One second he's talking about DIck Bavetta, then he's saying the triangle won't work, then he's saying Nicola Pekovic isn't a good player, then he's saying Manu Ginobili is a great player, then he's talking about Auburn academics, then he's saying the Knicks won't make the playoffs, then when the Knicks are winning the Cavs won't make the playoffs. None of it was funny, none of it was intelligent, none of it was intelligible. Man is supposed to be providing insights into the game he's calling, not some stream of consciousness BS. Dennis Miller probably brings more to the table.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/31/2014  9:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  9:13 AM
VDesai wrote:Barkley is just mindless. Its not even about Knicks hate. Dude doesn't make sense and just doesn't shut up. Its not funny its just stupid talk. One second he's talking about DIck Bavetta, then he's saying the triangle won't work, then he's saying Nicola Pekovic isn't a good player, then he's saying Manu Ginobili is a great player, then he's talking about Auburn academics, then he's saying the Knicks won't make the playoffs, then when the Knicks are winning the Cavs won't make the playoffs. None of it was funny, none of it was intelligent, none of it was intelligible. Man is supposed to be providing insights into the game he's calling, not some stream of consciousness BS. Dennis Miller probably brings more to the table.

You are 100% correct. It's tedious listening to Barkley. That's why TNT needs to invest more to Chris Webber, just hope Barkley isn't his role Model for announcing. But then a 10 year old kid could bring more to the table than Barkley.

There is a reason why they hate the triangle. They all lost to that system.

Splat
Member: #5862

10/31/2014  9:12 AM
And don't forget Tommy Heinsohn. When we play the Celtics, it is always an earbleed experience if he is on the broadcast.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/31/2014  9:33 AM
Yeah it's rough listening to those guys -- Marv flanked by two of the most blatant anti-Knick haters in the history of the NBA. I can't stand listening to these clowns deliver such an uneven broadcast -- one min. they're goofing on Melo taking a shot, saying something like "is that supposed to be the triangle?', and then at the end of the game they're praising Melo for taking and hitting that baseline shot over LeBron. Which is it? Damn hypocrites. LOL.

As far as I'm concerned Melo can take whatever shot he wants -- the dude's one of the premier offensive players in the game. I want the man doing what he does best. Be comfortable out there and go get the shots you're comfortable making. he needs to be afforded that leeway.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/31/2014  9:34 AM
Yeah it's rough listening to those guys -- Marv flanked by two of the most blatant anti-Knick haters in the history of the NBA. I can't stand listening to these clowns deliver such an uneven broadcast -- one min. they're goofing on Melo taking a shot, saying something like "is that supposed to be the triangle?', and then at the end of the game they're praising Melo for taking and hitting that baseline shot over LeBron. Which is it? Damn hypocrites. LOL.

As far as I'm concerned Melo can take whatever shot he wants -- the dude's one of the premier offensive players in the game. I want the man doing what he does best. Be comfortable out there and go get the shots you're comfortable making. He needs to be afforded that amount of leeway.

GetThePipe
Member: #4505

10/31/2014  9:42 AM
Prigs hits a shot in the corner and Barkley begins to talk about Melo isolations. I don't think he knew who shot the ball. Coincidentally Melo runs one the next time down (the final play on Lebron), and he goes on about hexagons and the iso heavy offense...

Melo and JR combined had 13 assists

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/31/2014  9:45 AM
Yea it was a real downer listening to the two haters in Reggie and Barkley... But it was nice to see them basically speechless by the end of e game lol.. Again I blame Ewing for kicking there asses in the 90's
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/31/2014  9:48 AM
They are trying to recreate bill Walton and snapper Jones. Barkley being Walton and Reggie playing snapper. I think it's funny listening to them. It's like reading some of you guys on this board.

Chris webber is a fantastic period. He is probably the best guys to call any game. He knows what he's talking about and he's funny and can be very critical but very real and respectful. He's a natural

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/31/2014  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  10:06 AM
anrst wrote:funny. i actually like miller and find him to be very fair.

marv is still marv.

Agreed. Reggie may not have an inspiring personality, but he is accurate in his assessments, and fair/balanced in his treatment of the Knicks. Barkley is the "keepin it real" guy re: NYK, and always has been. He will dress like a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and dance with the City Dancers once the NYK deserve it. For now, he goin keep on mouthin off about how they suck.

Marv is Marv, and he's foundational. But yes, he doesn't run the broadcast so much anymore. I think he works well with Reggie, and Chuck is an extra wheel that should be stowed in the trunk.

fitzfarm

10/31/2014  10:05 AM
EnySpree wrote:They are trying to recreate bill Walton and snapper Jones. Barkley being Walton and Reggie playing snapper. I think it's funny listening to them. It's like reading some of you guys on this board.

Chris webber is a fantastic period. He is probably the best guys to call any game. He knows what he's talking about and he's funny and can be very critical but very real and respectful. He's a natural

Agreed Chris and Clyde should take over the TNT games when the Knicks are playing
fitzfarm

10/31/2014  10:06 AM
!!!!!
nychamp
Member: #2556

10/31/2014  10:17 AM
Barkley sounded drunk and old last night. Reggie was challenging him on some of his sweeping generalizations. I appreciated that a bit.
I was just so happy to see them forced to acknowledge the Knicks solid play in the face of a very tough situation and all expectations against them.
foosballnick
Member: #3148

10/31/2014  10:48 AM
For me it wasn't even about Knicks hate. The broadcast was unlistenable period. There was very little analyst commentary or insights worth anything and nothing that matched the flow of the game. Marv's play by play was often drowned out by Barkley's stream of consciousness. Miller's observations might have been good, but it was difficult to even follow him because he was playing sidekick much of the night to Barkley's antics.

When they did focus....it was solely on the Cavs...as if they were a local Cleveland broadcasting crew. They also talked about the playoffs.....1-2 games into the season mind you. The sound quality of the broadcast was off as well.....they appeared to mic the crowd too much and at times is washed out what the announcing team was saying throughout the broadcast. They went to Rachel Nichols to do coach's commentaries/interviews during the flow of the game - which was distracting.

I'm not sure who they think their target audience is...but with Barkley announcing, they seem to run it like the NBA is a circus. Overall....terrible production and choice of announcing team.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/31/2014  11:01 AM
I do wanna say kenny, Shaq and Web didn't give the Knicks any credit for the win. They talked about Lebron and his issues but didn't really address what the Knicks did well. At half time they made sure to roast the Knicks but not to give credit where it was due.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2014  11:16 AM
Usually Kenny is the only one who sticks up for the Knicks. I'll give him a pass on last night. One thing that is clear is JVG, Barkley, Webber and others are quick to kick dirt on Phil n the Triangle. Yes we know systems don't win BB Games but TEAM's that execute systems at a high level do!!! This team isn't stacked so they need to maximize what they have. The former players are quick to poo poo the system but IMO that's disrespect for what coaches do. Most of these former player hosts are stars so yeah they didn't need a system as much but the rest of the players do.

It was fun to listen to a flustered Barkley change his tune as the Knicks started winning.

TNT Announcing Team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy