[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Derek Fisher is damn good
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/30/2014  11:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I'm not for that deep rotation, but if he can make it work, who am i to argue..

It works for us because outside of Melo nobody else stands out. So you can't justify running only 8 -9 guys. Everyone was engaged. The bench was active on the sidelines. It's something we need to continue until a trade happens.

Go knicks

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/30/2014  11:59 PM
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I think Fisher was a better choice then Kerr.

too early to tell but i am so happy we got fish

damn your such a flake

I prefer Fisher for the Knicks but I think Kerr can be good too

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/31/2014  12:00 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

too early to tell but i am so happy we got fish

damn your such a flake

I prefer Fisher for the Knicks but I think Kerr can be good too

thats even flakier

so here is what phil is thinking ....
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/31/2014  12:11 AM
Fisher shirt/tie combo was also pretty outside the box today
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

10/31/2014  3:54 AM
F500ONE wrote:
VDesai wrote:And you have to give him credit for using Wear. Seemed like Wear's length gave Lebron some problems. Great job by the kid- jumping into the fire against the NBA's best player.

Wait until Wear goes to the NBDL and

Guards the talent there, he hasn't seen anything yet

I'd prefer he start

Please stop referencing that quote that was obviously made before they got a long look at Wear. Why do you think we have Wear in the first place, I know it wasn't you who picked up the phone to sign him...

Dagger
Member: #4184

10/31/2014  4:00 AM

It's early, but I think fisher had the charisma to connect to his players, to be an NBA coach you need more than a knowledge of the X's and O's, you need to be a leader. Kerr always seemed to come off as flat in this regard to me, so I don't mind him not taking the job, and I think fisher will prove superior in the long-run, but not much can be said after two games.

Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/31/2014  5:16 AM
Dagger wrote:

It's early, but I think fisher had the charisma to connect to his players, to be an NBA coach you need more than a knowledge of the X's and O's, you need to be a leader. Kerr always seemed to come off as flat in this regard to me, so I don't mind him not taking the job, and I think fisher will prove superior in the long-run, but not much can be said after two games.

Good point!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/31/2014  6:34 AM
VDesai wrote:Fisher shirt/tie combo was also pretty outside the box today

I was thinking the same. I feel it gave us an edge in the final minutes.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2014  7:23 AM
He manages guys minutes well also. Pulling his starters against the bulls was smart. In a big game last night Melo was the only guy to play over 30 minutes but he only played 34.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2014  8:03 AM
phil Sold Melo on a vision. that vision includes Fisher.

Good in given the magnitude of lebrons return. The Cav's are sick on paper but its evident they need time to gel.

I wouldn't take too much away from game two other than a good feeling and the team came together despite the noise of what was the king's return to his castle. Fish has a real good bench to support him and that takes nothing away from him. Phil, Fish, Kurt and cleamons have rings. lots of them.
If our guys won't listen to them then it would be stupid.

The notion that Melo will go off on his own after few bad games is silly.

Ira
Member: #91
10/31/2014  8:29 AM
Acy can seriously board.
Splat
Member: #5862

10/31/2014  9:09 AM
Triple, I do believe you are seriously understating the value of coaching in the NBA. You're looping back on to player egomania as a meme and while it is the unfortunate truth there are many uncoachable players in the league, the difference is this:

A good coach makes a massive difference WHEN

you build a team of players who are coachable, and

you have something effective to teach them

A coach cannot be Sisyphus indefinitely and expect to succeed with uncoachable players. Yet, sometimes players who are otherwise not so bright and who have been deemed uncoachable are sometimes utilized and marshalled effectively.

Melo is stubborn and of a mediocre mind, but he may yet be coachable.

Ole JR of the great talent squandered is pretty dim, yet Pavlovian coaching tricks will probably work quite well with him. He can pass. He can defend. He must be utilized after all.

So, yeah, Phil gives Fish the juice. But that is not the whole story. Demeanor, ethics, articulation, relationships, vision, consistency, decisiveness, accountability. The list could be much longer. All of these things are necessary.

Without those qualities you have no culture and then the inmates run the asylum.

If there is one thing you can afford to not be predisposed towards cynicism about, it is Fisher. He has shown some good signs already.

Fisher is the X factor this season. I still don't have them making the playoffs, but if they do it will be a great achievement for Fisher in particular. That would be a testament to his coaching talent.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/31/2014  9:22 AM
Fisher made some solid adjustments and called timeouts at the right time. He is loads better than Woodson in only his second NBA game. That being said, I knew the Knicks would play better against the Cavs, because the Cavs defense was not going to be as solid as Chicago's. Our team is not as bad as it looked on Wednesday, and it probably is not as good as it looked last night, but I think Fisher will be able to get them into the playoffs if our primary guys stay healthy.
Trust the Process
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  10:40 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Dagger wrote:It's early, but I think fisher had the charisma to connect to his players, to be an NBA coach you need more than a knowledge of the X's and O's, you need to be a leader. Kerr always seemed to come off as flat in this regard to me, so I don't mind him not taking the job, and I think fisher will prove superior in the long-run, but not much can be said after two games.

Melo, sadly, doesn't need a coach that "commands respect", he needed, a coach backed by so much leverage, that he had no choice but to subvert to disciplined play and team ball. That doesn't make Fisher awesome in my book as much as it makes Melo pathetic. You can get by without a hard as nails disciplinarian as coach if you have a real leader on the team. Being a "franchise" player isn't just about taking the last shot and the big money and getting the best marketing from your team. It's also about carrying the responsibilities of leadership.

I like Fisher a lot, but honestly, without Zen Master leverage, I truly feel Melo would just be shotjacking at will and coming in chubby and huffing and puffing and doing what he wanted and driving out any coach who opposed that, if he could get away with it.

I truly feel this this ranks a 10 on the scale of bull**** posts. At first I was like OK, this guy just hates Melo. But then I read on truly felt that this had no basketball to it, just a vomit stream of emotion. Truly.

Last night must have been miserable for you. Watching Melo with fresh legs in the 4th qtr. Im sorry. Feel better.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  10:41 AM
Nalod wrote:phil Sold Melo on a vision. that vision includes Fisher.

Good in given the magnitude of lebrons return. The Cav's are sick on paper but its evident they need time to gel.

I wouldn't take too much away from game two other than a good feeling and the team came together despite the noise of what was the king's return to his castle. Fish has a real good bench to support him and that takes nothing away from him. Phil, Fish, Kurt and cleamons have rings. lots of them.
If our guys won't listen to them then it would be stupid.

The notion that Melo will go off on his own after few bad games is silly.

yea.. and that vision included sharing the ball more, taking the scoring load off him... and... Melo resigned. Weird. People will hate.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Derek Fisher is damn good

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy