[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Cavs 8:00 P.M. EST
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2014  9:49 AM
SPLAT, PLEASE, DO NOT BE SO SAD! IT'S ONLY ONE GAME! PLEASE CALM DOWN! HERE, SQUEEZE ME, I MAKE YOU FEEL ALL BETTER!
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/31/2014  9:52 AM
fitzfarm wrote:What a bunch of haters on TNT they couldn't give the Knicks one bit of credit... Barkley big time knick hater... Reggie big time knick hater, marv spurned by msg for biting a hookers ass... I blame p Ewing for kicking there asses in the 90s

Barkley, yes. But RM is pretty balanced in his assessments, and he is certainly not a Knick hater. In fact, he's a borderline fan. In the end, both guys probably want the Knicks to be relevant again, because it's good for the NBA and the sport.[

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/31/2014  9:54 AM
Isola couldn't resist:

"It was the night all of Ohio had waited for since James spurned them and announced he was taking his talents to South Beach. Anyone have any idea when that talent is being shipped back?"

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Splat

10/31/2014  9:54 AM
jrodmc wrote:SPLAT, PLEASE, DO NOT BE SO SAD! IT'S ONLY ONE GAME! PLEASE CALM DOWN! HERE, SQUEEZE ME, I MAKE YOU FEEL ALL BETTER!

You win!

You hate me!

Message received!

Thank you!

Bye!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  10:03 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I hope Fish apologizes to me for ripping Acy

Your boy earned this and Im happy for both of you

This game thread is a highlarious. People get uber sensitive about being labelled haters. Its so true. Go back and read this thread. Its a dumping ground for trashing the guys on this team each poster hates.

What is most inspiring about this game was that 12 guys got floor time. Obviously Melo is the star player and the motor that runs this ship but its clear everyone will get a chance to impact the game. I would have been fine with THjr totally sitting after what he brought against the Bulls. For every game he impacted last year he had another game (or two) where he was utterly awful. Be consistent or sit.

Anyway it was a great win and a great job from Fisher. He threw the kitchen sink at them and it worked, we wore them down and we got to the 4th qtr with Melo and JR still having fresh legs.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2014  10:47 AM
I know some of us doubted the idea of a deep rotation but with this team Fish is gonna have to really dig into his toolbox. When you don't have a lot of really big impact players you can just stick with it makes it harder to play a short rotation. Plus we have some players you want to limit minutes due to age or injury history.

Fish played it right. He went with what he was seeing and made quick decisions.

gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
10/31/2014  10:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  10:50 AM
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I hope Fish apologizes to me for ripping Acy

Your boy earned this and Im happy for both of you

This game thread is a highlarious. People get uber sensitive about being labelled haters. Its so true. Go back and read this thread. Its a dumping ground for trashing the guys on this team each poster hates.

What is most inspiring about this game was that 12 guys got floor time. Obviously Melo is the star player and the motor that runs this ship but its clear everyone will get a chance to impact the game. I would have been fine with THjr totally sitting after what he brought against the Bulls. For every game he impacted last year he had another game (or two) where he was utterly awful. Be consistent or sit.

Anyway it was a great win and a great job from Fisher. He threw the kitchen sink at them and it worked, we wore them down and we got to the 4th qtr with Melo and JR still having fresh legs.

Haha thanks Fish

gunsnewing
USA
10/31/2014  10:56 AM
It was hilarious everyone was jumping on players until we started winning including myself
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/31/2014  11:37 AM
Splat wrote:

A majestic looking Knicks fan, if ever I saw one

smackeddog
10/31/2014  11:43 AM
gunsnewing wrote:It was hilarious everyone was jumping on players until we started winning including myself

Everyone was preparing themselves for a big loss- myself included. A real pleasant surprise- helps take the pressure off Fish for a while. It was good to see Larkin play well- for all the constant 'we need young players that we can develop' mantra on these boards over the past few years, a lot of posters seemed ready to throw him under a bus after a few preseason games. I'm glad we're giving him time and developing him- he's going to have a lot of down games, and make a lot of mistakes, but unfortunately that's the best way of learning. Also it was good to see our coach making... gasp! Adjustments! It felt like Woody didn't make any all season- refreshing to see.

smackeddog
10/31/2014  11:45 AM
gunsnewing wrote:one pet peeve tonight.

Can Prigioni show some clock awareness. He over dribbles with the shot clock running out ALL THE TIME!!!!

In the 4th, I'm sure Fish was so p***ed off he was about to bench him- at that moment Larkin raced to the scorers table, before Fish called him back. I think Fish was probably doubly annoyed because he had just subbed out Larkin because he thought Prigs would be a safer pair of hands- then he went and made a rookie-eq mistake.

gunsnewing
USA
10/31/2014  11:52 AM
Yea I mentioned early how my 1 per peeve last night was Prigioni's lack of clock awareness and overdribbling. Ive seem him do it so many times in his Knick career. Maybe the shot clock is longer in Spain. It's so annoying coming from a savory veteran. He's gotta cut that **** out. Never mind the wide open layups he passes up
Splat

10/31/2014  12:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea I mentioned early how my 1 per peeve last night was Prigioni's lack of clock awareness and overdribbling. Ive seem him do it so many times in his Knick career. Maybe the shot clock is longer in Spain. It's so annoying coming from a savory veteran. He's gotta cut that **** out. Never mind the wide open layups he passes up

Mmmmmmmmmm, Savory Veterans!

gunsnewing
USA
10/31/2014  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  12:39 PM
lol

Good OL Bernie Lomax

H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/31/2014  1:34 PM
gunsnewing wrote:It was hilarious everyone was jumping on players until we started winning including myself

Were Knicks fans! It's so easy to do we're like whipped dogs. We trained to expect the worst!

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/31/2014  7:51 PM
Splat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:It was a good win. Now calm down.

Last night was a bad loss. You were pretty prolific in your criticism of every aspect of the team. I personally prefer over reactions to great wins. 80 games to go. Perspective is important.

Huh? I'm not insulting them. Its just teasing. I already said in bright lights that I was happy for them. I don't begrudge anyone their joy in victory.

And last night was abysmal. Tonight was not. I criticized then. I praised numerous things now. That's balanced on a per game basis even if I continue hold a deep ambivalence about the long-term scenario.

Good win. Plain english.

Papabear Says

Splat I don't know where you came from but you are a new poster and you are posting every day which make me think that you posted some place else. You seem to have joy knocking the knicks. I'm not posting a lot now but I sure would like to know where you came from. What blog? because you surly post a lot like taking over. I just hope that your posts are fair and not the hate game.

Papabear
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/31/2014  7:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:All I know is ALL THE MEDIA and some fans were killing the Knicks and giving them no chance in this game or season!!! Those of us who were saying calm down after one game were also still behind this team and hadn't written them off. So we have every right to be happy.

media is reporting the cavs beat themselves

Papabear Says

Does that make you feel good?

Papabear
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

10/31/2014  8:01 PM
jrodmc wrote:SPLAT, PLEASE, DO NOT BE SO SAD! IT'S ONLY ONE GAME! PLEASE CALM DOWN! HERE, SQUEEZE ME, I MAKE YOU FEEL ALL BETTER!

I love it

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  8:06 PM
Papabear wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:All I know is ALL THE MEDIA and some fans were killing the Knicks and giving them no chance in this game or season!!! Those of us who were saying calm down after one game were also still behind this team and hadn't written them off. So we have every right to be happy.

media is reporting the cavs beat themselves

Papabear Says

Does that make you feel good?

Im fine with the Cavs beating themselves. They are BETTER. What makes me happy is we grinded out a win. When teams were down or the other star played like crap two years ago we won ALL those game. Last year we won NONE.

When you beat on the bottom dwellers, when you defend your homecourt with vigor and when you find a way to win the winnable games (like when Lebron shoots like he did last night) you are on your way to winning 50.

49 to go ;)

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Splat

11/1/2014  3:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2014  3:36 AM
Papabear wrote:
Splat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:It was a good win. Now calm down.

Last night was a bad loss. You were pretty prolific in your criticism of every aspect of the team. I personally prefer over reactions to great wins. 80 games to go. Perspective is important.

Huh? I'm not insulting them. Its just teasing. I already said in bright lights that I was happy for them. I don't begrudge anyone their joy in victory.

And last night was abysmal. Tonight was not. I criticized then. I praised numerous things now. That's balanced on a per game basis even if I continue hold a deep ambivalence about the long-term scenario.

Good win. Plain english.

Papabear Says

Splat I don't know where you came from but you are a new poster and you are posting every day which make me think that you posted some place else. You seem to have joy knocking the knicks. I'm not posting a lot now but I sure would like to know where you came from. What blog? because you surly post a lot like taking over. I just hope that your posts are fair and not the hate game.

Fans should enjoy themselves and I'm not going to harp on anything in particular. I made my criticisms, but I don't need to repeat myself.

I'd rather people just focus on what interests them about the team and the game and leave each other to their own opinions. I won't rag on the Knicks all season. I do point out the positives when I see them and contrary to what anyone may think, I would be happier for everyone here if the Knicks have a decent season. I'm not rooting for their failure. So enjoy the season.

It is completely besides the point that I'd rather have a top 3 pick than a playoff spot, but if the team is more competitive than I anticipated, I'm happy seeing a winning mentality and positive culture being built, so there's two sides to every equation. In some ways, we can't really lose this season if it goes either way, so no need to get the blues about any of this.

I already have a real positive takeaway on Fisher. To me, coaching has been a black hole for this franchise and it had made me pessimistic. I already have more optimism about Fisher than anyone who has coached the Knicks this century.

Without a good coach and system, you've got squat. This looks different already. That makes me happy. I hope it makes others happy too as it could produce more wins than this roster would get from many other coaches handling their training and discipline.

I was not a Melo fan, but I'll support him and be cool here, because if other players on the squad get the message, it will inspire Melo too. We can't succeed without Melo, so I am not going to be anti-Melo by default. He is a star and I do want him to succeed because he is a Knick for a while to come. Let the games tell us where we're at, not me or anyone else. That's just fair and I don't need to fight over this stuff.

It was a really good win. I was glad for every fan too and I said so. If someone wants to portray me as disappointed by our win, then they are just being spiteful and weird and I don't have time for that. My response was to be playful, but that got twisted too, whatever. It could be a very defining game for this franchise and there are many good things that can come out of it regardless of how far the team can go this season.

Go Knicks!

Game Thread: Knicks vs Cavs 8:00 P.M. EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy