[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jose Calderon To Miss 2-3 Weeks with Calf Strain
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2014  2:27 PM
This is the definitive statement on Jose. He had an MRI and it did confirm the Strain. I think it's real important that he shut it down and really get it healed.

Now we will get to see if Larkin can learn and grow on the job. I would assume that Shump will get more minutes as well. Prigs we already know can handle the position.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/30/2014  2:49 PM
nixluva wrote:This is the definitive statement on Jose. He had an MRI and it did confirm the Strain. I think it's real important that he shut it down and really get it healed.

Now we will get to see if Larkin can learn and grow on the job. I would assume that Shump will get more minutes as well. Prigs we already know can handle the position.

Wow this is going to put the caper on the season quick.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/30/2014  2:53 PM
We weren't going to do well the first few weeks anyways- still, it's annoying- isn't he usually injury free?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/30/2014  2:58 PM
The more things change the more they stay the same.

The worst thing about losing Calderon other than his superior midrange game is that guys like Shumpert and Melo won't get the ball in the right spot. Larkin is still wet behind the ears although I like what Ive seen in his development so far as a backup change of pace

nixluva
USA
10/30/2014  2:59 PM
Knicks have to just play and be more aggressive. The bench players can't come in being passive and hesitant. It's harder than it sounds but they have to bring more intensity on both ends. Losing Jose is a huge issue on top of already not having Bargs, who I know people think isn't an issue, but Bargs was another player who has a game that fits this system better than some others.

Jose and Bargs were clearly guys Phil and Fish were thinking of as starters or at least big contributors and injury has delayed that. Still it was going to be tough to start the year anyway this will be a blessing in disguise later as we will get a better look at the rest of the team and they may improve quicker with a bigger role. There are still games they can and should win regardless of the absence of Jose and Bargs. Other guys have to step up and play to their potential and not below it like last night. Our Guards can't shoot that poorly and us have a chance to win.

gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  3:02 PM
I don't think you can expect much out of Jason smith making things happen off the bench but you sure as hell can expect offensive production out of Amare

As for BARGS? Who is this you speak of?

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/30/2014  3:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is the definitive statement on Jose. He had an MRI and it did confirm the Strain. I think it's real important that he shut it down and really get it healed.

Yup... not exactly the way a new regime wants to start the season.

The only consolation is that this provides Larkin with a good chance to show what he can do.

No idea whether Larkin can be a solid rotational player, but I hope they don't give Shumpert time at PG.

Let Larkin play 30+ MPG and let him understand that he is not going to be pulled each time he makes a mistake.

Hell- maybe Fisher can suit up.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2014  3:03 PM
gunsnewing wrote:The more things change the more they stay the same.

The worst thing about losing Calderon other than his superior midrange game is that guys like Shumpert and Melo won't get the ball in the right spot. Larkin is still wet behind the ears although I like what Ive seen in his development so far as a backup change of pace

you reallyu have a Shumpert fetish. Dude there is NO right spot for Shump. If he's 5 feet or 30 feet he's chucking and praying. He should seriously never shoot
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
10/30/2014  3:07 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

The only consolation is that this provides Larkin with a good chance to show what he can do.

No idea whether Larkin can be a solid rotational player, but I hope they don't give Shumpert time at PG.

Let Larkin play 30+ MPG and let him understand that he is not going to be pulled each time he makes a mistake.

Id offer Milwaukee a trade for Nate Wolters and sign Will Bynum. Larkin is a third string PG and we have two of those. Bynuym can start and Wolters would be a solid back up who could advance to starter by next year. Problem is we just gave away 2 2's and I think were spent there.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
10/30/2014  3:14 PM
Well this is about the guys we have and not more fantasy stuff right now. Larkin is going to play and it's important that he make the most of this opportunity. Fish can really focus his attention on teaching Larkin and that should accelerate his growth a bit. I also think it would help Shump to spend time handling the ball more. It's not so much about PURE PG skills. This offense isn't even driven so much by the PG. It's about everyone understanding how the system works and trusting it and each other.

They have to STICK to the defensive scheme and the offense. We saw them totally lose the defensive and offensive structure and that has to stop. We need someone on the floor who can gather the guys and get them refocused. That was what Jose was going to do, but we needed more than him anyway. So this is an opportunity for another leader to emerge. We'll see if someone can step into that void.

gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  3:35 PM
You are right about that. It's about everyone understanding how the system works. Calderon was going to help speed up the process
BRIGGS
10/30/2014  3:45 PM
nixluva wrote:Well this is about the guys we have and not more fantasy stuff right now. Larkin is going to play and it's important that he make the most of this opportunity. Fish can really focus his attention on teaching Larkin and that should accelerate his growth a bit. I also think it would help Shump to spend time handling the ball more. It's not so much about PURE PG skills. This offense isn't even driven so much by the PG. It's about everyone understanding how the system works and trusting it and each other.

They have to STICK to the defensive scheme and the offense. We saw them totally lose the defensive and offensive structure and that has to stop. We need someone on the floor who can gather the guys and get them refocused. That was what Jose was going to do, but we needed more than him anyway. So this is an opportunity for another leader to emerge. We'll see if someone can step into that void.

I think we lose every game we play unless we catch someone back to back.

RIP Crushalot😞
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/30/2014  4:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  4:20 PM

Did you predict Calderon missing 3 weeks on our way to win 50gms

I know I sure as heck didn't when I stated we'd win 34gms

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/30/2014  4:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Id offer Milwaukee a trade for Nate Wolters and sign Will Bynum. Larkin is a third string PG and we have two of those. Bynuym can start and Wolters would be a solid back up who could advance to starter by next year. Problem is we just gave away 2 2's and I think were spent there.

I agree with you on Walters. He had a surprisingly solid rookie season and I'm surprised that Kidd isn't giving him more burn in the early going. Bynum is bad fit for this offense and i don't see him helping the situation. I'd rather take a shot at Deonte Burton or some other prospect.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/30/2014  4:56 PM
Walters would be great in the triangle, but I wonder if he is available. And to be honest, who would they want? What do we have? Our rookies maybe?

On a positive note, here comes that lotto pick...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
nixluva
USA
10/30/2014  5:18 PM
gunsnewing wrote:You are right about that. It's about everyone understanding how the system works. Calderon was going to help speed up the process

The reason this is so hard is because we're basically teaching each player how to think and play the game for real for the 1st time. Most players only focus on certain skills or their athletic ability. Pretty much individual ability and not how to think as a team. In this system it's about understanding WHY you want to make a certain pass and then cut and setting up defenders. It's learning how to see a play ahead instead of just doing what JR does which is make it up as he goes along. Fish has to teach these guys how to really play BB and not just a form of street ball as some have been doing for so long.

This system is hard cuz it's not about plays! It's about reading what the defense is doing and reacting but more importantly it's about understanding HOW to setup the defender and create openings. This isn't just about this season but the future as well. For this to have the intended effect you have to stay focused and not give up early because it's not working yet.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/30/2014  6:04 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Walters would be great in the triangle, but I wonder if he is available. And to be honest, who would they want? What do we have? Our rookies maybe?

I like Walters also. He is out of the rotation in Milwaukee and I believe he was taken after Larkin in the same draft. I wonder if they would consider a swap.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
10/30/2014  6:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Walters would be great in the triangle, but I wonder if he is available. And to be honest, who would they want? What do we have? Our rookies maybe?

I like Walters also. He is out of the rotation in Milwaukee and I believe he was taken after Larkin in the same draft. I wonder if they would consider a swap.

I wouldnt trade Wolters for Larkin if I was the Bucks. It is possible they mightve taken Giannnis brother's rights with a couple of 2's plus some cash. But right now they have 0 incentive to deal him.

We are working with small assets unless we do ending contract trades.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/30/2014  6:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I wouldnt trade Wolters for Larkin if I was the Bucks. It is possible they mightve taken Giannnis brother's rights with a couple of 2's plus some cash. But right now they have 0 incentive to deal him.

I don't think Nate Wolters is a savior by any means. Bucks don't have them in their rotation and are looking at Greek Freak getting minutes at the point as well. If they are trying to move him hopefully Phil explores that. Also, I disagree with you on Phil losing the Tyson trade. Tyson was gone after this season and was awful last year. I think Dalembert fills Tyson's shoes and getting Calderon, Larkin and picks while losing felton was a win in my opinion. The team is much better with Calderon. Sucks he has an injury but it is an 82 game season. Once he is right I think his value will be apparent.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/30/2014  6:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't think Nate Wolters is a savior by any means. Bucks don't have them in their rotation and are looking at Greek Freak getting minutes at the point as well. If they are trying to move him hopefully Phil explores that. Also, I disagree with you on Phil losing the Tyson trade. Tyson was gone after this season and was awful last year. I think Dalembert fills Tyson's shoes and getting Calderon, Larkin and picks while losing felton was a win in my opinion. The team is much better with Calderon. Sucks he has an injury but it is an 82 game season. Once he is right I think his value will be apparent.
i loved the trade but í still feel this year will be rocky with or without calderon
Jose Calderon To Miss 2-3 Weeks with Calf Strain

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy