[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Most of you aren't watching games and don't know what you are talking about
Author Thread
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/30/2014  12:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:I have the unique (and probably only) vantage point of only listening to the games.
So what did I hear?

Melo not forcing shots early in the clock. I heard alot of Melo to Stat to Daly to Larkin to Daly to to Shump to Stat ---> Shot.

I heard a rookie coach get afraid of two fouls on Shump pretty early on. You'll notice Shump then finished the game with two fouls. Draw from that what you will. Leave the doberman in to run and bite. He's going to get fouls against the likes of DRose.

I heard two nice passes from JR to Jason while we were in the process of clawing back to within 8 before the half. Before that effing buzzer beater by Pau. Those two possessions still gave me a boost of hope.

I heard Acy and the bench getting eaten alive by Brooks and Gibson.

I cringed listening to people blow by Cole Aldrich.

I heard "foolish Knick foul" alot in the second half.

I heard the crowd begging, pleading, positively promiscuitively presenting their hindparts for any semblance of D in the second half.

And I don't five a guck about the effing world series.

The second of those fouls was total BS - superstar treatment by refs. Nothing but ball on an amazing strip by Shumpie.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/30/2014  12:23 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:
franco12 wrote:I didn't watch the game, but we basically got blown out.

What am I missing?

I sure am hoping this year is a disgusting train wreck, and after one game, I'm still hoping.

I think real Knicks fans know we got blown out and embarrassed badly.

I think fake Knicks fans know we got blown out and embarrassed badly.

Seems like common ground.

That 54 win season poisoned the mind of fans. I think many fans--maybe even myself--thought if you had Melo and just shook up the rest of the guys the right way--you have a 50 win team. But it's all rose-colored glasses. Where is Ray Felton when you need him?

Agreed. Just like the 1999 season poisoned a lot of us for many years. We just thought we could sneak into the playoffs, get hot at the right time and get back to the Finals.

This is not the time to panic. This is a building year. The roster is THIN up front. There is talent on the wings, but they need to learn to play the new system.

I tend to think they'll figure out how to play decently within the Triangle by mid-season, but it'll probably be too late for a playoffs run. Maybe not. Who knows.

But right now, the SGs don't know where to get their shots in the offense. Almost every SG shot was just completely taken at the wrong time last night. Melo was busy trying to get others shots and never found his own. I think Calderon will help, but the defense up front is nightmare level bad.

But let's not forget that Chicago is the best defensive team in the league and will likely be the 1 seed in the East, if not the league, if DRose stays healthy. Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson and Noah are just miles ahead of our front court. And the Bulls offense has tons of shooters now to spread the floor for Rose. They're going to be very good this season.

The first four games are going to be tough as hell. If the Knicks get a single win in these first four games, we should be happy.

They shouldve signed Jeff Adrien over Smith. They wouldve saved 2mm $--we couldve used the 2-2's we wasted on Outlaw to offer to a team like the Bucks who have Nate Wolters sitting on the bench. Wolters is a better prospect for the triangle then Larkin especially at 6-5. We have no assets to trade for a scenario like that. Adrien however is tough--hes a legit 6-7 250 and he does not give up ground. Acy and Smith got worked

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/30/2014  12:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

What am I missing?

I sure am hoping this year is a disgusting train wreck, and after one game, I'm still hoping.

That 54 win season poisoned the mind of fans. I think many fans--maybe even myself--thought if you had Melo and just shook up the rest of the guys the right way--you have a 50 win team. But it's all rose-colored glasses. Where is Ray Felton when you need him?

Agreed. Just like the 1999 season poisoned a lot of us for many years. We just thought we could sneak into the playoffs, get hot at the right time and get back to the Finals.

This is not the time to panic. This is a building year. The roster is THIN up front. There is talent on the wings, but they need to learn to play the new system.

I tend to think they'll figure out how to play decently within the Triangle by mid-season, but it'll probably be too late for a playoffs run. Maybe not. Who knows.

But right now, the SGs don't know where to get their shots in the offense. Almost every SG shot was just completely taken at the wrong time last night. Melo was busy trying to get others shots and never found his own. I think Calderon will help, but the defense up front is nightmare level bad.

But let's not forget that Chicago is the best defensive team in the league and will likely be the 1 seed in the East, if not the league, if DRose stays healthy. Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson and Noah are just miles ahead of our front court. And the Bulls offense has tons of shooters now to spread the floor for Rose. They're going to be very good this season.

The first four games are going to be tough as hell. If the Knicks get a single win in these first four games, we should be happy.

They shouldve signed Jeff Adrien over Smith. They wouldve saved 2mm $--we couldve used the 2-2's we wasted on Outlaw to offer to a team like the Bucks who have Nate Wolters sitting on the bench. Wolters is a better prospect for the triangle then Larkin especially at 6-5. We have no assets to trade for a scenario like that. Adrien however is tough--hes a legit 6-7 250 and he does not give up ground. Acy and Smith got worked

Hey maybe they trade Larkin for Wolters.

Larkin is a good change of pace point guard off the bench for a lot of teams in the league. He has trade value.

I don't know much about Jeff Adrien, but Jason Smith has looked terrible outside of his first few pre-season games.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/30/2014  12:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  12:44 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

What am I missing?

Hey maybe they trade Larkin for Wolters.

Larkin is a good change of pace point guard off the bench for a lot of teams in the league. He has trade value.

I don't know much about Jeff Adrien, but Jason Smith has looked terrible outside of his first few pre-season games.

Defense is a lot to do with strength toughness and positioning. Adrien has long arms and a powerful body. He doesnt give space away. I doubt the Bucks would trade for Larkin. It's kind of unfair for Wolters to be sitting--I think 2 '2s would get him.
In this video--he is able to block Anthony Davis at the rim and he bodies him 3 times on the offensive end for baskets.

Look what Adrien does to Gibson in the first minute of the video.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/30/2014  12:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  12:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:That lineup change when Shump picked up his 2nd foul was questionable. The game went down hill after that. I left in the middle of the second quarter to put my kid to bed came back with 9 minutes in the third and was a blowout. The players out there was questionable too at that point. To me the game had a preseason approach.

AcY came in and they went at him like a QB throwing to Jerry Rice against a rookie. The guy is maybe 6-5.

Yes the Acy, THJ, JR, Jason Smith and Prigioni lineup. All down hill after that.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2014  12:42 PM
crzymdups wrote:Melo was busy trying to get others shots and never found his own.

I like this. Surprise! Did it really look like that?
By golly, wasn't this where he came in with the Fishlips episode way back when?

14 points on 13 shots. There, I said it. Oh well.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/30/2014  12:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I have the unique (and probably only) vantage point of only listening to the games.
So what did I hear?

Melo not forcing shots early in the clock. I heard alot of Melo to Stat to Daly to Larkin to Daly to to Shump to Stat ---> Shot.

I heard a rookie coach get afraid of two fouls on Shump pretty early on. You'll notice Shump then finished the game with two fouls. Draw from that what you will. Leave the doberman in to run and bite. He's going to get fouls against the likes of DRose.

I heard two nice passes from JR to Jason while we were in the process of clawing back to within 8 before the half. Before that effing buzzer beater by Pau. Those two possessions still gave me a boost of hope.

I heard the crowd begging, pleading, positively promiscuitively presenting their hindparts for any semblance of D in the second half.

Well I watched the game 1 .5 times. After 8-2 it was ugly. I never saw any series of good passing. What I saw were players playing somewhat awkwardly the entire game. Good shots were no where to be found and just like we saw it pre-season--who shot the lowest number of FT last night--yep The NY Knicks. Sorry there was absolutely NO Hoosier action out there. It was a mis match in talent and a mosh posh in execution. Embarrassing from any angle--down 37 pts .at home opening night. Well atleast we saw blue drummers.
[/quote

100% agree, all we take are jump shots and the only one cutting to the basket is larkin

1)Our centers are taking 15 jump shots only
2)Our sgs, are taking 3's and mid range jumpers only
3 melo is ok, but when he passes the ball, it usually for some else to take another mid range jumper
4)guys are running around trying to figure out weather it's a god idea to shoot or pass
5)we spend 22 seconds of the shot clock moving the ball, and nobody wants to shoot so not to look selfish
6)our defense is great one possession and horrible the next.

Then ESPN had the nerve to run a highlight that feature melo shooting and everybody else watching. The problem i had with the clip was that he only had the ball for 3 seconds, the bad part, everybody was on the weak side with zero spacing.

ES
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/30/2014  1:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

What am I missing?

Good to see you had the guts to go there

There's a such thing as a hangover

I've never seen one last 2yrs though

No one should have allowed themselves to become punch drunk over that team

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2014  1:36 PM
EnySpree wrote:I'm just reading the comments on here after last night's game. Everyone is still talking in parables, myths, and fables.

I spent last night hanging with 7 amazing Knick fans from this board. We didn't talk about any of the things you guys are talking about. Cole Alrich? Really? What game were you guys watching?

Just alot of bull**** going on in here. You can't hold a conversation if you don't know what you ate talking about. You can't go off what media has been saying or continuously read off the same scouting report from when a player got drafted like you wrote it.

Most of you guys don't even like the Knicks. It's more like you enjoy messing around with real knick fans. I can still enjoy this board, but I don't need any further evidence to prove my point. You guys suck. And when I say you guys, if you get offended then I'm talking about you. You're not watching games and you have no idea what's happening on any basketball court, especially the triangle.

its funny... "Shump was +8?!?!?! How the phuck is Shumpert +8?!?!?!?"
One of the worst offensive players I have seen. He makes these athletic moves and the end in the ugliest shots. People here are actually holding out on him "fixing" his jumper in year 4 here. The guy is terrible. Just because you play D doesnt make you a 2 way player. You need to do something on offense. Anything.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
10/30/2014  1:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm just reading the comments on here after last night's game. Everyone is still talking in parables, myths, and fables.

I spent last night hanging with 7 amazing Knick fans from this board. We didn't talk about any of the things you guys are talking about. Cole Alrich? Really? What game were you guys watching?

Just alot of bull**** going on in here. You can't hold a conversation if you don't know what you ate talking about. You can't go off what media has been saying or continuously read off the same scouting report from when a player got drafted like you wrote it.

Most of you guys don't even like the Knicks. It's more like you enjoy messing around with real knick fans. I can still enjoy this board, but I don't need any further evidence to prove my point. You guys suck. And when I say you guys, if you get offended then I'm talking about you. You're not watching games and you have no idea what's happening on any basketball court, especially the triangle.

its funny... "Shump was +8?!?!?! How the phuck is Shumpert +8?!?!?!?"
One of the worst offensive players I have seen. He makes these athletic moves and the end in the ugliest shots. People here are actually holding out on him "fixing" his jumper in year 4 here. The guy is terrible. Just because you play D doesnt make you a 2 way player. You need to do something on offense. Anything.

Because he doesn't chuck. The ball moved in the 1st quarter because of guys like Dalembert, Shump and Larkin. They played within the system. The system broke once the 2nd unit came in. Not to mention guys like jason smith, JR & THJ were dreadful defensively

gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  1:55 PM
SHUMP is not out there shooting 20 foot bombs and going 3-18 every night. He missed his shots but they were good looks. He posted up and took it to the hole. Shot was flat. Role and repetition is key for shumpert. He sat out too long because he missed those shots but the defense completely fell apart with JR & THJ. As did the triangle offense
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/30/2014  2:08 PM
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

What am I missing?

Good to see you had the guts to go there

There's a such thing as a hangover

I've never seen one last 2yrs though

No one should have allowed themselves to become punch drunk over that team

We never replaced the leadership and savy that we lost really that simple. Bargs, Artest ,Udrih didn't upgrade or even replace what we lost.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  2:18 PM
You guys gotta stop being so simple minded and try to think outside the box and see the big picture.

The ball was moving in the first. Chemistry and energy level was up. Amare looked great but Melo suffered.

Easy fix-
Move Amare back to the bench. We need the consistent offensive punch he provides whereas JR & THJ are streaky chuckers

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/30/2014  2:25 PM
gunsnewing wrote:You guys gotta stop being so simple minded and try to think outside the box and see the big picture.

The ball was moving in the first. Chemistry and energy level was up. Amare looked great but Melo suffered.

Easy fix-
Move Amare back to the bench. We need the consistent offensive punch he provides whereas JR & THJ are streaky chuckers

The problem is Bench-Amar'e is a different player to Starting-Amar'e. Bench-Amar'e seems to think he has to take every shot- he doesn't pass, his shot selection is terrible- he tries to force things too much, like he's trying to make up for lost time. If he could play like he does when he starts, I'd agree with you. Also I think it's probably our guards that are hindering us, rather than Amar'e not coming off the bench- JR, Shump and Tim Jr are all streaky, passion players- when they start bricking, it sucks the will of the team. I wish we had a consistent SG.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/30/2014  3:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  3:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
So what did I hear?

Well I watched the game 1 .5 times. After 8-2 it was ugly. I never saw any series of good passing. What I saw were players playing somewhat awkwardly the entire game. Good shots were no where to be found and just like we saw it pre-season--who shot the lowest number of FT last night--yep The NY Knicks. Sorry there was absolutely NO Hoosier action out there. It was a mis match in talent and a mosh posh in execution. Embarrassing from any angle--down 37 pts .at home opening night. Well atleast we saw blue drummers.

Now visualize the Knicks trying to guard Lebron, Love, Kyrie, and Waiters tonight and feel the stomach bile creeping up your esophogus just at the thought...

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/30/2014  3:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  3:35 PM
i was the lone wolf surround by 7 knick fan idiots last night (raptors streaming on the laptop) - but here are the simple questions:

1. why implement the triangle when 90% of the roster will be gone next year?
2. and if you're so hell bent on implementing it - how about throwing the players a bone and running some regular offense while slowly incorporating the triangle?

vdesai made the best observation of the night - when you look at pat riley and phil jackson - great coaching contemporaries...then look at the coaching tree that sprouted from riley and compare that to the barren wasteland that phil jackson sprouted - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the triangle is 100% BS w/o 2 of the top 50 players of all time on the court.

gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  3:40 PM
djsunyc wrote:i was the lone wolf surround by 7 knick fan idiots last night (raptors streaming on the laptop) - but here are the simple questions:

2. and if you're so hell bent on implementing it - how about throwing the players a bone and running some regular offense while slowly incorporating the triangle?

vdesai made the best observation of the night - when you look at pat riley and phil jackson - great coaching contemporaries...then look at the coaching tree that sprouted from riley and compare that to the barren wasteland that phil jackson sprouted - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the triangle is 100% BS w/o 2 of the top 50 players of all time on the court.

Bulls should've beat the Knicks with Pippen as the main guy when Jordan left.

I agree the roster needs to be blown up and rid of the expensive dead weight regardless

Splat
Member: #5862

10/30/2014  8:24 PM
djsunyc wrote:i was the lone wolf surround by 7 knick fan idiots last night (raptors streaming on the laptop) - but here are the simple questions:

Probably the post of the month

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
ATrain
Member: #3192

10/30/2014  8:52 PM

i agree with the bolded

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2014  12:54 AM
So when the team steps up and actually executes to the tune of 30 assists does that explain why they are making these players learn the Triangle??? It's not a waste of time. Even in preseason you could see the team was getting better at moving the ball and scoring on assisted plays.
Most of you aren't watching games and don't know what you are talking about

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy