[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Most of you aren't watching games and don't know what you are talking about
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/30/2014  10:28 AM
I'm just reading the comments on here after last night's game. Everyone is still talking in parables, myths, and fables.

I spent last night hanging with 7 amazing Knick fans from this board. We didn't talk about any of the things you guys are talking about. Cole Alrich? Really? What game were you guys watching?

Just alot of bull**** going on in here. You can't hold a conversation if you don't know what you ate talking about. You can't go off what media has been saying or continuously read off the same scouting report from when a player got drafted like you wrote it.

Most of you guys don't even like the Knicks. It's more like you enjoy messing around with real knick fans. I can still enjoy this board, but I don't need any further evidence to prove my point. You guys suck. And when I say you guys, if you get offended then I'm talking about you. You're not watching games and you have no idea what's happening on any basketball court, especially the triangle.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/30/2014  10:31 AM
read my signature please
so here is what phil is thinking ....
Splat
Member: #5862

10/30/2014  10:34 AM
Golly.

So what happened last night?

You just broadcast something about how everybody but real Knicks fans didn't watch the game and that most people posting here don't know nothing, but you sure didn't say what that nothing or something is.

So don't tease us like that. What is going on that people don't understand?

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/30/2014  10:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  12:20 PM
I didn't watch the game, but we basically got blown out.

What am I missing?

I sure am hoping this year is a not disgusting train wreck, and after one game, I'm still hoping.

Sorry - meant not a disgusting train wreck!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2014  10:41 AM
I watched the first period then the world series.

With Amare I saw some beautiful things in that first minutes!
Im not going league pass and will see far fewer games this year but for those who watch I'd be looking for spurts of ball movement even if they don't hit the FG.

Priggy airball? Wide open shot!!! Amare did not look fluid but he got sprung for some good looks. Melo got the ball and passed!!!!! At times it looked like Woodsons 54 win ball movement.
In the short time I saw I liked the effort.

I don't care if they go 0-10 as long as they stick to the plan. No adjustments!!! Burn in the Triangle to the subconcious and see what happens!!!

Splat

10/30/2014  10:50 AM
franco12 wrote:I didn't watch the game, but we basically got blown out.

What am I missing?

I sure am hoping this year is a disgusting train wreck, and after one game, I'm still hoping.

I think real Knicks fans know we got blown out and embarrassed badly.

I think fake Knicks fans know we got blown out and embarrassed badly.

Seems like common ground.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/30/2014  10:57 AM
Splat wrote:

What am I missing?

I sure am hoping this year is a disgusting train wreck, and after one game, I'm still hoping.

That 54 win season poisoned the mind of fans. I think many fans--maybe even myself--thought if you had Melo and just shook up the rest of the guys the right way--you have a 50 win team. But it's all rose-colored glasses. Where is Ray Felton when you need him?

RIP Crushalot😞
Splat

10/30/2014  10:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

What am I missing?

That 54 win season poisoned the mind of fans. I think many fans--maybe even myself--thought if you had Melo and just shook up the rest of the guys the right way--you have a 50 win team. But it's all rose-colored glasses. Where is Ray Felton when you need him?

That season was empty calories, so yeah poisoned minds will cling to processed food that fills the belly even when there is perfectly good broccoli in the fridge.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2014  11:10 AM
I have the unique (and probably only) vantage point of only listening to the games.
So what did I hear?

Melo not forcing shots early in the clock. I heard alot of Melo to Stat to Daly to Larkin to Daly to to Shump to Stat ---> Shot.

I heard a rookie coach get afraid of two fouls on Shump pretty early on. You'll notice Shump then finished the game with two fouls. Draw from that what you will. Leave the doberman in to run and bite. He's going to get fouls against the likes of DRose.

I heard two nice passes from JR to Jason while we were in the process of clawing back to within 8 before the half. Before that effing buzzer beater by Pau. Those two possessions still gave me a boost of hope.

I heard Acy and the bench getting eaten alive by Brooks and Gibson.

I cringed listening to people blow by Cole Aldrich.

I heard "foolish Knick foul" alot in the second half.

I heard the crowd begging, pleading, positively promiscuitively presenting their hindparts for any semblance of D in the second half.

And I don't five a guck about the effing world series.

Splat

10/30/2014  11:14 AM
jrodmc wrote:I have the unique (and probably only) vantage point of only listening to the games.
So what did I hear?

Melo not forcing shots early in the clock. I heard alot of Melo to Stat to Daly to Larkin to Daly to to Shump to Stat ---> Shot.

I heard a rookie coach get afraid of two fouls on Shump pretty early on. You'll notice Shump then finished the game with two fouls. Draw from that what you will. Leave the doberman in to run and bite. He's going to get fouls against the likes of DRose.

I heard two nice passes from JR to Jason while we were in the process of clawing back to within 8 before the half. Before that effing buzzer beater by Pau. Those two possessions still gave me a boost of hope.

I heard the crowd begging, pleading, positively promiscuitively presenting their hindparts for any semblance of D in the second half.

Where are you that you would only listen?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2014  11:25 AM
Splat wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I have the unique (and probably only) vantage point of only listening to the games.
So what did I hear?

Where are you that you would only listen?

In a land far, far away. With no antenna or cable or DTV or streaming internet games or anything.

I sort of live the Amish life at home. It helps pay the bills.

Tell you one thing, sitting for two and half hours with your arms up in the air in order to get clear reception is the sign of a true knicks fan.
None of you other crazy negative muthafrickers are doing that.

So there, Spree!

BRIGGS
10/30/2014  11:26 AM
So what did I hear?

Well I watched the game 1 .5 times. After 8-2 it was ugly. I never saw any series of good passing. What I saw were players playing somewhat awkwardly the entire game. Good shots were no where to be found and just like we saw it pre-season--who shot the lowest number of FT last night--yep The NY Knicks. Sorry there was absolutely NO Hoosier action out there. It was a mis match in talent and a mosh posh in execution. Embarrassing from any angle--down 37 pts .at home opening night. Well atleast we saw blue drummers.

RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/30/2014  11:39 AM
Nalod wrote:I watched the first period then the world series.

Im not going league pass and will see far fewer games this year but for those who watch I'd be looking for spurts of ball movement even if they don't hit the FG.

Priggy airball? Wide open shot!!! Amare did not look fluid but he got sprung for some good looks. Melo got the ball and passed!!!!! At times it looked like Woodsons 54 win ball movement.

I don't care if they go 0-10 as long as they stick to the plan. No adjustments!!! Burn in the Triangle to the subconcious and see what happens!!!

FYI..League Pass is free up to Nov 4th.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/30/2014  11:41 AM
That lineup change when Shump picked up his 2nd foul was questionable. The game went down hill after that. I left in the middle of the second quarter to put my kid to bed came back with 9 minutes in the third and was a blowout. The players out there was questionable too at that point. To me the game had a preseason approach.
BRIGGS
10/30/2014  11:48 AM
Vmart wrote:That lineup change when Shump picked up his 2nd foul was questionable. The game went down hill after that. I left in the middle of the second quarter to put my kid to bed came back with 9 minutes in the third and was a blowout. The players out there was questionable too at that point. To me the game had a preseason approach.

AcY came in and they went at him like a QB throwing to Jerry Rice against a rookie. The guy is maybe 6-5.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/30/2014  11:49 AM
Vmart wrote:That lineup change when Shump picked up his 2nd foul was questionable. The game went down hill after that. I left in the middle of the second quarter to put my kid to bed came back with 9 minutes in the third and was a blowout. The players out there was questionable too at that point. To me the game had a preseason approach.

the foul itself was idiotic?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/30/2014  11:51 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

FYI..League Pass is free up to Nov 4th.

Thanks for the reminder....i think watching the games on the computer is worse than the radio. My savings is not paying for league pass anymore.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nychamp
Member: #2556

10/30/2014  11:53 AM
BRIGGS wrote:AcY came in and they went at him like a QB throwing to Jerry Rice against a rookie. The guy is maybe 6-5.

Same with Jason Smith. I have a bad feeling that he is going to be targeted on defense and abused, he is not strong for his size. Opposing bigs are salivating against him, just like they did against David Lee. In that sense he reminds me of Lee, and that is not good for our team this year.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/30/2014  12:00 PM

Same here. I watched parts of first half, but World Series game 7 was more compelling entertainment last night. Will certainly be watching the game tonight, but expect more futility. These guys are still learning triangle, and look confused on both ends of the court. Time will resolve some of the probs. And (hopefully) good coaching.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/30/2014  12:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:

What am I missing?

Agreed. Just like the 1999 season poisoned a lot of us for many years. We just thought we could sneak into the playoffs, get hot at the right time and get back to the Finals.

This is not the time to panic. This is a building year. The roster is THIN up front. There is talent on the wings, but they need to learn to play the new system.

I tend to think they'll figure out how to play decently within the Triangle by mid-season, but it'll probably be too late for a playoffs run. Maybe not. Who knows.

But right now, the SGs don't know where to get their shots in the offense. Almost every SG shot was just completely taken at the wrong time last night. Melo was busy trying to get others shots and never found his own. I think Calderon will help, but the defense up front is nightmare level bad.

But let's not forget that Chicago is the best defensive team in the league and will likely be the 1 seed in the East, if not the league, if DRose stays healthy. Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson and Noah are just miles ahead of our front court. And the Bulls offense has tons of shooters now to spread the floor for Rose. They're going to be very good this season.

The first four games are going to be tough as hell. If the Knicks get a single win in these first four games, we should be happy.

¿ △ ?
Most of you aren't watching games and don't know what you are talking about

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy