[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Travis Wear a 3 or 4?
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/29/2014  10:25 PM
I'm thinking a 4 and I hate the fact that Fisher has been playing him at the 3.
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/29/2014  11:57 PM
he is not a 3 or a 4. He is a D-Leaguer
so here is what phil is thinking ....
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2014  1:35 AM
He's probably a two.

Assuming we are talking on a scale from 1-10

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
10/30/2014  2:06 AM
fishmike wrote:He's probably a two.

LOL, surprised I never seen that before.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2014  9:36 AM
I truly believe Lebron would like to see him tonight in at least a size 8. With puffed sleeves.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/30/2014  9:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  10:16 AM
fishmike wrote:He's probably a two.

lmfao

another in a long line of players whose decent play in a handful of preseason games portends a surefire hall of fame career in the eyes of knicks fans...

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/30/2014  10:12 AM
Travis Wear is Travis Outlaw.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
NYY1NYK2
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3067

10/30/2014  11:06 AM
You guys are the worst fans IN THE WORLD. The guy is 6-10 and has a consistent jumper. He showed that the talent is there. Is he a hall of famer, not sure, probably not.
David lee was booed .02 seconds after he was drafted, everyone asked who the hell is this guy? And today every GM in the League wants him. You have to let the damn guy develop. Very few ppl on this board can call talent when they see it. Let the pros do their job
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2014  11:27 AM
dude! If we just let the pros do their job, there would be no posts on here!

You want martin and Andrew's kids to go hungry and shoeless! Shame on you!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/30/2014  11:50 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Travis Wear is Travis Outlaw.

Or he maybe the outlaw Travis Wear. I give him credit--he looked like Geno Smith the first 5 times he touched the ball--but he stayed with it and when he finally had a clear play--he made it. Realistically some of the bad plays he made were not his fault. Look at the replay--what does a 6-10 guy do with the ball at the top of the key with 8 seconds on the shot clock and no one trying to get open.

RIP Crushalot😞
H1AND1

10/30/2014  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  12:41 PM
NYY1NYK2 wrote:You guys are the worst fans IN THE WORLD. The guy is 6-10 and has a consistent jumper. He showed that the talent is there. Is he a hall of famer, not sure, probably not.
David lee was booed .02 seconds after he was drafted, everyone asked who the hell is this guy? And today every GM in the League wants him. You have to let the damn guy develop. Very few ppl on this board can call talent when they see it. Let the pros do their job

Seems to me that the "pros" in the front offices of 30 basketball teams passed on Travis Wear not once but TWICE in the draft. Bash naysayers for being bad fans all you want but it's not about being able to see talent in this case it's the cold hard fact that undrafted free agents generally don't have long careers in the NBA. And isn't just as fair to bash unobjective optimism as it is to bash uber pessimism?

And I had no idea David Lee was such a hot commodity. Why has Golden State been trying to trade the guy for years then with no takers? He's a good rebounder and a very deft offensive player but an absolute sieve on defense.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2014  12:49 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
NYY1NYK2 wrote:You guys are the worst fans IN THE WORLD. The guy is 6-10 and has a consistent jumper. He showed that the talent is there. Is he a hall of famer, not sure, probably not.

Seems to me that the "pros" in the front offices of 30 basketball teams passed on Travis Wear not once but TWICE in the draft. Bash naysayers for being bad fans all you want but it's not about being able to see talent in this case it's the cold hard fact that undrafted free agents generally don't have long careers in the NBA. And isn't just as fair to bash unobjective optimism as it is to bash uber pessimism?

And I had no idea David Lee was such a hot commodity. Why has Golden State been trying to trade the guy for years then with no takers? He's a good rebounder and a very deft offensive player but an absolute sieve on defense.

was that even a serious post? I cant tell... I think he was kidding. Or high.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
H1AND1

10/30/2014  12:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

was that even a serious post? I cant tell... I think he was kidding. Or high.

Im definitely high...

Wait, were you talking about me?!

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/30/2014  1:06 PM
H1AND1 wrote:

Guys always slip for whatever reason in the draft. Sometimes it is cause they played 4 years, came from a weak conference or were more a support player (and perhaps they didn't have outstanding athleticism), etc. I look at Fields - I really think his downturn was an injury and not his head. He was a star in the Pac 10 and a heady player, same thing here and they he just fell off the map after an injury (as well as surgeries in Toronto). It seems the foreign players are the once that often slip (look at how well San Antonio has done.) Mosgov wasn't a draft pick and I bet we would love to have him here.

Lee is just an incredibly smart player, great passing skills, a glue guy, can shoot it well, rebound great but is HORRID on defense. On the right team he can be very successful, though GS is a bit of a porous team on defense, luckily he has that Ausi center next to him when he isn't injured.

I think Travis Wear was a good pick in the 2nd round, very heady guy but he has a long ways to go. The triangle is a system where we can find those "Steve Kerr" type players that just fit the system well. What choice do we have outside of our next pick and 2015/16 FA?

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
H1AND1

10/30/2014  2:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  2:32 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Guys always slip for whatever reason in the draft. Sometimes it is cause they played 4 years, came from a weak conference or were more a support player (and perhaps they didn't have outstanding athleticism), etc. I look at Fields - I really think his downturn was an injury and not his head. He was a star in the Pac 10 and a heady player, same thing here and they he just fell off the map after an injury (as well as surgeries in Toronto). It seems the foreign players are the once that often slip (look at how well San Antonio has done.) Mosgov wasn't a draft pick and I bet we would love to have him here.

Lee is just an incredibly smart player, great passing skills, a glue guy, can shoot it well, rebound great but is HORRID on defense. On the right team he can be very successful, though GS is a bit of a porous team on defense, luckily he has that Ausi center next to him when he isn't injured.

I think Travis Wear was a good pick in the 2nd round, very heady guy but he has a long ways to go. The triangle is a system where we can find those "Steve Kerr" type players that just fit the system well. What choice do we have outside of our next pick and 2015/16 FA?

Im totally _not_ suggesting we not give Wear a shot or that he shouldn't have made the team or whatever. By all means, give the kid a shot! I hope all the best for the kid and he becomes an allstar! It would be fantastic! What I tend to poke fun at is that Im getting the sense that Wear is the new previously unrated by pretty much the entire basketball establishment yoot who the Knicks pick up undrafted and then who fans overrate by miles with only very flimsy evidence. Think Jeremy Tyler who was the second coming of Garnett until everyone including 2 or 3 NBA franchises realized he was garbage. The other funny thing is that the Knicks actually DID find a needle in a haystack heretofore unknown yoot who was actually being legitimately overlooked in Lin and they let him walk! Lol. Pretty funny.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/31/2014  3:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  3:55 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Im totally _not_ suggesting we not give Wear a shot or that he shouldn't have made the team or whatever. By all means, give the kid a shot! I hope all the best for the kid and he becomes an allstar! It would be fantastic! What I tend to poke fun at is that Im getting the sense that Wear is the new previously unrated by pretty much the entire basketball establishment yoot who the Knicks pick up undrafted and then who fans overrate by miles with only very flimsy evidence. Think Jeremy Tyler who was the second coming of Garnett until everyone including 2 or 3 NBA franchises realized he was garbage. The other funny thing is that the Knicks actually DID find a needle in a haystack heretofore unknown yoot who was actually being legitimately overlooked in Lin and they let him walk! Lol. Pretty funny.

Dude, stop it! I tend to be really pessimistic when it comes to Knick yoots but there is no parallel between Jeremy Tyler and Travis Wear. Tyler is a dude that plays basketball, whereas Travis is a basketball player. The most Tyler ever contributed to the team is potential but Wear is a dude who could give us meaningful minutes and actually do things well. I'm rewatching the Knick-Cavs game and he managed to blanket LeBron on defense for a significant portion of the 2nd quarter without fouling. You think Tyler could do the same against Kevin Love or Blake Griffin? On top of that, Wear seems to be automatic from mid-range and has the kind of build where he can add weight but remain a fluid athlete. I believe in this dude and actually think he's going to be a mainstay in this league (think JJ Hickson without the rebounding ability). Feel free to quote me on that next year this time.

Splat
Member: #5862

10/31/2014  8:57 AM
Travis Wear = GOAT
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Is Travis Wear a 3 or 4?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy