[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Abdur-Rahim or Antoine?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/4/2004  12:54 AM
Barring all talk about whether the trade will happen or not, if you are the Knicks GM and you can trade KT, expiring contracts, and possibly FW for either Antoine Walker or Shareef Abdur-Rahim, which guy do you want?

I think Walker is the more talented overall, but I think Abdur-Rahim is more of what the Knicks need. A more reliable scorer with a better post game, and he doesn't control the ball quite as much Walker.

Who would you rather have, Antoine or Shareef, and why?
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/4/2004  2:41 AM
Rahim, because, as you said, he has a better post up game, he has been healthier, and seems more cognizant of the team concept.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/4/2004  4:05 AM
same as rich, I'd take rahim. he plays inside the most, which is what we need, and has proven to be durable with a low ego. should integrate easier to our team.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
6/4/2004  8:22 AM
my thoughts exactly. rahim is a better fit because he will not demand the ball too much and provides us with instant athleticism. he also is a reliable back to the basket post scorer that we sorely lack and need. walker is a good scorer but he wanders around the three point line and does not play in the post as much as he used to ( like his rookie year!). the big advantage that walker has that rahim doesn't is the killer instinct. walker can put teams away in the fourth quarter with clutch plays. rahim hasn't shown that he is capable of that yet. we could off-set that problem with a healthy houston and marbury but rahim still has to be a post threat to keep the defense honest.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/4/2004  9:17 AM
sorry fellas but i choose none of the above.
i'm not enamoured with either player and i'm probably in the minority, but i'd rather keep frank than bring in toine or reef - two players who will not put us over the hump. better players will be available at the deadline or next season. marbury is a young stud, that's why isiah made the trade. toine and reef are either A. old or B. a perennial loser. i'd rather develop nazr and sweets from within along with a draft pick and then make a move later.
raven
Canada
6/4/2004  9:38 AM
the perennial loser you're talking about would be by far the best inside presence we'd have had for a long while.

btw, the same perennial loser has an expiring contract that could bring back a stud in a straight one for one deal.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/4/2004  9:44 AM
Posted by raven:

the perennial loser you're talking about would be by far the best inside presence we'd have had for a long while.

btw, the same perennial loser has an expiring contract that could bring back a stud in a straight one for one deal.

i should have added no impact. he's the quietest 20/8 player in nba history but i will say this, if it's for kurt and crap, then it's a no brainer but once you start talking frank and picks, then no way.

also, do you seriously think we have ANY shot of getting toine or reef ESPECIALLY since they have expiring deals? why would either portland or dallas take lesser players back when they can get better players elsewhere.

secondly, i think with sweets development, his impact on the team will be far more than shareefs would be within another year or so.

we should target a player like dampier or jamal crawford. forget toine (who's a bad fit and no defense) and shareef (who's proven nothing and no defense).
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/4/2004  10:18 AM
if i had to choose 1 or the other, i think i would take Rahim as well...the Knicks have enough perimeter shooters, they don't need Walker chucking up 3's like there's no tomorrow...plus, Rahim is alot less of a headache & seems more coachable.

i think he'll have more value at the trade deadline as well than Walker will.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Canada
6/4/2004  11:07 AM
All this crap about rahim has got no impact is tiring.

How was bibby before being traded to the king ? How about spree before coming in NY ?

see my point ? You can't win anything if you're in a bad organization unless your name is jordan, barkley ...

Did I say reef would change our fate ? Hell no.

But I think you're overestimate sweet a bit, though I like him very much and don't want at all to see him traded.

Question is, if you can get a player like reef for KT and a bunch of expiring contact, would you do it ?

I personnaly would. Why would portland do it ? they need to get rid of him. he's a starter and is rotting on the bench. That's pretty bad for your locker room and put pressure on the starters, as they always have to look over their shoulders.

Who want to get reef ? Who can get him ? Really ? I don't know. But what I know is that we have money power, a dire need for a better PF, and I do think that reef is an upgrade over KT.

Let see him play along with marb and houston. I guarantee that your perennial looser won't keep that reputation for a long time.

[Edited by - raven on 06/04/2004 11:08:39]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/4/2004  11:31 AM
Rahim by miles
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/4/2004  2:09 PM
Walker. AW is one of the best passing bigs in the NBA and a guy that can handle the ball the way he does and play any position on the floor is such a great weapon. He came into camp last year 20 pounds lighter. He shot all those 3's w/ Bos because OBrien told them (him, Peirce, Delk, Rodgers) to shoot them.

You know why everyone hates the shimmy? Because when AW is doing it it means he just hit a shot that cost your team the game. They guy is clutch and has moxy and knows how to play. If you think he doesnt score around the basket you havent watched him play very much. The worst thing I can say about his is Kmart kills him, the way Pippin used to kill Stockton. Its just a bad matchup.

Give me Walker 8 days a week. Yes, Zach is the guy, but Rahim couldnt get ANY minutes in Por because he's just not that good. Funny how Ratliff is a stud there.

Rahim has his chance w/ Terry and Ratliff that team was awefull. The guy just isnt good late in games. Would I trade KT and Nazr for Reef and his expiring deal? Where do I sign, but if its him or Walker Toine's my guy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/4/2004  2:21 PM
Rahim.

He is McDyess lite.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/4/2004  2:51 PM
Rahim is definitely not the player that we need. I don't like his court energy, he is no different than Kurt Thomas. If we are going to go after a big man, we have to go for someone that can anchor our defense specially at crunch time. Rahim is not that player. Besides, his price tag is too costly.

Posted by NYKBocker:

Rahim.

He is McDyess lite.
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/4/2004  3:06 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Rahim is definitely not the player that we need. I don't like his court energy, he is no different than Kurt Thomas. If we are going to go after a big man, we have to go for someone that can anchor our defense specially at crunch time. Rahim is not that player. Besides, his price tag is too costly.

you're right, he is no different than KT...except that he's a much better low post scorer, which is something this team needs, he's younger, which is something Isiah is looking for, & he's alot more athletic, which is another thing this team needs...other than that they're exactly alike.

& about his price tag, he has an expiring contract...at the trading deadline he will be very attractive to offer around the league...same goes for Walker, but imo, i think Rahim will have more trade value, because he's so much less of a headache than Walker is, & it seems that alot of the blame around the league fell on him for Dallas' lack of team chemistry this season, whether that was warranted or not.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
6/4/2004  3:13 PM
Rahim is not athletic at all, and most of all, just because he put up a few decent numbers in Atlanta doesn't mean deedly **** to me. As for Walker, look for him to end up with the 76rs. His old coach loves him and will do whatever to bring this cat back in his system.

Posted by TMS:
Posted by diderotn:

you're right, he is no different than KT...except that he's a much better low post scorer, which is something this team needs, he's younger, which is something Isiah is looking for, & he's alot more athletic, which is another thing this team needs...other than that they're exactly alike.

& about his price tag, he has an expiring contract...at the trading deadline he will be very attractive to offer around the league...same goes for Walker, but imo, i think Rahim will have more trade value, because he's so much less of a headache than Walker is, & it seems that alot of the blame around the league fell on him for Dallas' lack of team chemistry this season, whether that was warranted or not.
jazz74
Member: #371
6/4/2004  3:14 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by NYKBocker:

Rahim.

He is McDyess lite.

averaging 20/8 in the post is something we don't need? he is better than kurt because he is an athletic big that can play with his back to the basket. can kurt thomas do that? the only advantage kurt has is his defense which has slipped the past two years. some are saying rahim had his chance in atlanta. yeah, with the genius minded stotts running the helm. the team had talent but the wrong mix of talent. robinson was a ball hog and terry just wanted to shoot all the time and not a good passer. rahim still had decent numbers but he was playing with an inexperience team and coach who don't know how to win. answer me this. is it true that if we get rahim he is our best low post presence since ewing ( or lj to a lesser extent)? yes. so would you rate that an improvement? yep. it is like people saying to trade marbury or upset with the fact he is on our team. we do not have the luxury of saying what we don't want certain players if they solve very specific needs.
diderotn
USA
6/4/2004  3:34 PM
My argument is definitely not with Kurt on our roster. I can't stand Kurt Thomas. In all honesty, Rahim could benefit the Knicks, but for how long. From this point on, we need to start jailing, we need to retain players and develop a winning attitude. Since chemistry is such a strong thing, it is imperative that we find ourselves a good starting five with a decent bench and hold on to it. Kurt is not in my equation at all. IMO, he, Anderson, and Harrington have to go.

Posted by jazz74:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by NYKBocker:

Rahim.

He is McDyess lite.

averaging 20/8 in the post is something we don't need? he is better than kurt because he is an athletic big that can play with his back to the basket. can kurt thomas do that? the only advantage kurt has is his defense which has slipped the past two years. some are saying rahim had his chance in atlanta. yeah, with the genius minded stotts running the helm. the team had talent but the wrong mix of talent. robinson was a ball hog and terry just wanted to shoot all the time and not a good passer. rahim still had decent numbers but he was playing with an inexperience team and coach who don't know how to win. answer me this. is it true that if we get rahim he is our best low post presence since ewing ( or lj to a lesser extent)? yes. so would you rate that an improvement? yep. it is like people saying to trade marbury or upset with the fact he is on our team. we do not have the luxury of saying what we don't want certain players if they solve very specific needs.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/4/2004  3:40 PM
Rahim without a doubt. I'd rather have a post presence, considering we have marbury, h20, and (i say this loosely) TT, who can play the outside game.

Walker needs to calm down on the 3's before I'd consider trading for him.
diderotn
USA
6/4/2004  3:43 PM
Just watch Rahim come to N.Y and truly stink it up mainly because he can't perform under pressure. We have too many guys as is with passive mentality, I.E. Houston, TT, Demarr, and Marb. What we need is an instigator, someone that can bring the beast out of our soft players.

Posted by MaTT4281:

Rahim without a doubt. I'd rather have a post presence, considering we have marbury, h20, and (i say this loosely) TT, who can play the outside game.

Walker needs to calm down on the 3's before I'd consider trading for him.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/4/2004  5:05 PM
Just watch Rahim come to N.Y and truly stink it up mainly because he can't perform under pressure.

same could be said about walker
Abdur-Rahim or Antoine?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy