Member: #1622

3/4/2015  5:53 PM
Lin damn autocorrect
AUTOADVERT
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

3/4/2015  6:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2015  6:12 PM
mase14 wrote:I think Links goes to Denver if Pringle gets that job, I've seen reports that he interested in the Denver job

If that happened and they both did well together that would be one hell of a reunion story. The only caveat there is Pringles overplays his players and Lin is a guy who needs his minutes monitored.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/4/2015  6:21 PM
Splat wrote:
mase14 wrote:I think Links goes to Denver if Pringle gets that job, I've seen reports that he interested in the Denver job

If that happened and they both did well together that would be one hell of a reunion story. The only caveat there is Pringles overplays his players and Lin is a guy who needs his minutes monitored.

I think Lawson in D'antoni's system in Denver could become a top 10 player. Apparently Denver wants to move him though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Splat
Member: #5862

3/4/2015  6:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:

I think Lawson in D'antoni's system in Denver could become a top 10 player. Apparently Denver wants to move him though.

Lawson may have peaked. It happens. Look at Deron Williams, my god. But you're right, that might be a good pairing and it could help Lawson if it happens. Pringles like fastball and Lawson is probably better just pushing the tempo and not lingering around the perimeter over dribbling in a slower paced offense. Faster ball with less thinking is beneficial to certain players. It sure helps Melo play more efficiently.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/4/2015  7:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:

Lin with gallo and the mayor would be awesome

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/4/2015  7:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:It certainly cancels out his dire performance for most of the season, and his poor to mediocre performance the season before it.

Byron Scott was likely under marching orders to

1) Lose enough to protect the Lakers draft pick
2) Develop guys likely to be on the roster past this year ( Clarkson)

When you play 10 guys and DNP a clear rotation player like Lin, that's an outright statement you just don't like a player.

The Lakers are trying to run elements of the Princeton offense, except no one besides Ed Davis seems to want/care about actually moving off the ball. Lin simply is not going to thrive in a non team basketball environment.

Lin has been doing better lately because he's been looking for his own shot more lately. I think he's figured out most of the other Lakers are just black hole players who aren't giving a damn about basic team basketball and are just looking for their first open look to chuck it up.

Byron Scott didn't ease off of Lin of late, he's apparently going through a nasty divorce where his wife is being said is about to run him ragged through the cleaners for banging other chicks. I'm sure the Lakers are the last thing on his mind.

If Lin has a personality flaw, it's that hes too humble, too deferential, too expectant of others to play team basketball.

And if anyone wants to argue the racism angle, racism is all over sports. Did we all not see Jason Sehorn get tested over and over again, with black WRs saying things like "Yeah, he's pretty good" when they meant "He's pretty good .. for a white guy" If you said that about a black quarterback though, you are a racist in this country. However if you are black and say "I'd rather play for a black coach" like Chris Paul, apparently that's ok.

Well at least Magic Johnson loves Lin's game. And Jerry West. I hope he goes somewhere where he can be appreciated and picks a spot that highlights his strengths.

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/4/2015  8:10 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:It certainly cancels out his dire performance for most of the season, and his poor to mediocre performance the season before it.

Byron Scott was likely under marching orders to

1) Lose enough to protect the Lakers draft pick
2) Develop guys likely to be on the roster past this year ( Clarkson)

When you play 10 guys and DNP a clear rotation player like Lin, that's an outright statement you just don't like a player.

The Lakers are trying to run elements of the Princeton offense, except no one besides Ed Davis seems to want/care about actually moving off the ball. Lin simply is not going to thrive in a non team basketball environment.

Lin has been doing better lately because he's been looking for his own shot more lately. I think he's figured out most of the other Lakers are just black hole players who aren't giving a damn about basic team basketball and are just looking for their first open look to chuck it up.

Byron Scott didn't ease off of Lin of late, he's apparently going through a nasty divorce where his wife is being said is about to run him ragged through the cleaners for banging other chicks. I'm sure the Lakers are the last thing on his mind.

If Lin has a personality flaw, it's that hes too humble, too deferential, too expectant of others to play team basketball.

And if anyone wants to argue the racism angle, racism is all over sports. Did we all not see Jason Sehorn get tested over and over again, with black WRs saying things like "Yeah, he's pretty good" when they meant "He's pretty good .. for a white guy" If you said that about a black quarterback though, you are a racist in this country. However if you are black and say "I'd rather play for a black coach" like Chris Paul, apparently that's ok.

Well at least Magic Johnson loves Lin's game. And Jerry West. I hope he goes somewhere where he can be appreciated and picks a spot that highlights his strengths.

Straight Thugging. Jk
Exactly! Just look at his teammates, You got Nick Young, who honeslty couldn't care less and Jordan Hill messing around and saying the N word on TV. He has been in terible cultures practically his whole career. He will strive in a team like the Spurs and. Buls,
The Future is Bright!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/4/2015  11:05 PM
Westbrook went off again. I'd take him any day
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/4/2015  11:08 PM
westbrook:
49 / 16 / 10
wow
i hate him
so here is what phil is thinking ....
TPercy

3/4/2015  11:38 PM
Westbrook=unbelievable. Perfect word to describe him.
The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/5/2015  1:36 PM
Celtics sign McGee through next season. It'll be interesting to see if he can improve.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/5/2015  1:42 PM
Ha ha! Not sure if you saw Jordans blunder at the end of the game last night,

but here is CP3's reaction in gif:

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/5/2015  3:46 PM
Cp3 reminds me of Kevin Hart right there
CrushAlot
USA
3/5/2015  5:36 PM
Hard to believe the heat have gotten Tyler JOhnson, Hassan Whiteside, and Henry Walker all from the d league.
CrushAlot
USA
3/5/2015  5:45 PM
Glenn Robinson was released by the Wolves.
CrushAlot
USA
3/5/2015  5:47 PM
Andre Emmett has pulled himself out of the d league to pursue an nba deal or something overseas. Reports are that he is negotiating with 2 nba teams.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/5/2015  5:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Hard to believe the heat have gotten Tyler JOhnson, Hassan Whiteside, and Henry Walker all from the d league.

That's what Riley does best

Mason
Starks

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/5/2015  6:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Hard to believe the heat have gotten Tyler JOhnson, Hassan Whiteside, and Henry Walker all from the d league.

You know that's Billy "Sky" Walker right?

CrushAlot
USA
3/5/2015  6:11 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

You know that's Billy "Sky" Walker right?

Yeah. I think he said he is going by Henry now because he is more grown up.
TPercy

3/5/2015  10:51 PM
Bulls and Okc game was a great game to watch
The Future is Bright!
14/15 Around the NBA Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy