Ha,Ha really.

AUTOADVERT
Syniko
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3969

3/3/2015  1:42 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Syniko wrote:Lin 20 pts 8 assists 3 steals 6 rebounds and only one turnover. against the Thunders. and played less minutes than Clarkson. He was on his way to have 12 or 13 assists that was totally screwed up when his teammates couldn't connect. Most of his points were from attacking the paint.

Bring him back to New York when he becomes a free agent.

Syniko--I really think the Knicks should be bargain shoppers unless something is too good to pass on. The problem with J Lin is who will show up on a nightly basis--the 3-12 Lin or the 8-12 Lin. Hes been better with TO's but his 3 pt % overall consistency and his defense still need work.

too much baggage and hype, not enough defense, always hurt, totally inconsistent... not a guy we could depend on for anything. I would rather watch Galloway start 82 than have Lin around

Lin will show up every single night on a high note with the right coach. I want Lin back under D'Antoni.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2015  7:33 AM
Gallo had 21 points in 32 min with 4 rebounds.

Glad he has returned to this level of ball and hope he can stay healthy and have a good career.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/3/2015  2:17 PM
Nalod wrote:Gallo had 21 points in 32 min with 4 rebounds.

Glad he has returned to this level of ball and hope he can stay healthy and have a good career.

Thats the problem though, he always gets injured. Once a Knick, always a Knick- ha!

I haven't really watched him play in years, but looking at the boxscore, no matter how bad his shooting, he always seems to lead the team in +/-

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/3/2015  6:53 PM
Gallo avging 18.4 points and 40% from 3 in past 5 games.
The Future is Bright!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/3/2015  10:55 PM
Big game by Lin tonight
TPercy

3/3/2015  11:49 PM
SWISH!
Lin is ballin'
he's so awesome.
75% from 3? He so awesome
Meanwhile, the Knicks out here shooting 0 percent from 3 at the half and 15 percent on the whole game.
The Future is Bright!
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/4/2015  8:02 AM
Syniko wrote:Lin will show up every single night on a high note with the right coach. I want Lin back under D'Antoni.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I really hope Lin ends up with the Spurs next year. Where a team that consistently plays team basketball and values team basketball above the individual thrives.

I remember last year, James Harden and Dwight Howard would be screaming at Lin, because Harden let some guy drive past him ( because Harden decided playing defense was just too beneath him) and then Howard couldn't recover fast enough ( because D12 has just gotten slower/lost a step) as if it was the kid's fault. There were also times Harden wouldn't even give him the ball to set the offense.

Think about that for a second, NY/Melo - Ballhog, Houston/Harden - Ballhog, LA/Bryant - Ballhog

I just find it amusing and ironic that Melo probably has to twist Leon Rose's arm to get some magazine spread to show Melo trying to look like he's dressed like he's in The Untouchables 2 and talking about being a global brand when the kid he drove out of town literally has billions of fans at his fingertips.

I'll say what no one else will. In modern western society, it is simply socially acceptable for blacks to be as racist as they want to anyone else. In the NBA, where American blacks are the dominant culture, I don't see it as a huge surprise that racism is still at work against Lin. Considering how difficult it was for Jackie Robinson to break into baseball ( no I'm not comparing Lin to Robinson, but I think he's got a better case of overcoming compared to someone like Michael Sam ) , I think that's just plain tragic.

Why would Lin come back to NY? So that whenever Melo gets upset about getting the 100th question about Jeremy Lin in an interview, he can snap, scream at Leon Rose on the phone, then try and strong arm Stephen A Smith and Dolan to piss on the kid some more?

Splat
Member: #5862

3/4/2015  8:50 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Syniko wrote:Lin will show up every single night on a high note with the right coach. I want Lin back under D'Antoni.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I really hope Lin ends up with the Spurs next year. Where a team that consistently plays team basketball and values team basketball above the individual thrives.

I remember last year, James Harden and Dwight Howard would be screaming at Lin, because Harden let some guy drive past him ( because Harden decided playing defense was just too beneath him) and then Howard couldn't recover fast enough ( because D12 has just gotten slower/lost a step) as if it was the kid's fault. There were also times Harden wouldn't even give him the ball to set the offense.

Think about that for a second, NY/Melo - Ballhog, Houston/Harden - Ballhog, LA/Bryant - Ballhog

I just find it amusing and ironic that Melo probably has to twist Leon Rose's arm to get some magazine spread to show Melo trying to look like he's dressed like he's in The Untouchables 2 and talking about being a global brand when the kid he drove out of town literally has billions of fans at his fingertips.

I'll say what no one else will. In modern western society, it is simply socially acceptable for blacks to be as racist as they want to anyone else. In the NBA, where American blacks are the dominant culture, I don't see it as a huge surprise that racism is still at work against Lin. Considering how difficult it was for Jackie Robinson to break into baseball ( no I'm not comparing Lin to Robinson, but I think he's got a better case of overcoming compared to someone like Michael Sam ) , I think that's just plain tragic.

Why would Lin come back to NY? So that whenever Melo gets upset about getting the 100th question about Jeremy Lin in an interview, he can snap, scream at Leon Rose on the phone, then try and strong arm Stephen A Smith and Dolan to piss on the kid some more?

That would be amazing. Lin on the Spurs winning a ring. LOL, all the douches who call themselves Knicks fans who still attack people who mention Lin could then go choke on their own stupid fists and hide rather than post their mea culpas.

It does seem almost impossible he'd ever come back to NYC. Melo and Dolan. Why would he ever want to deal with these aholes again? He's better than that.

Yeah, I love Jeremy Lin. Let any douche who wants to attack me for that go to town. He gave us the best memories of the past 15 years and anybody who hates on that is the ultimate ahole.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/4/2015  10:12 AM
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/4/2015  10:13 AM
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/4/2015  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2015  3:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

As any Knick fan knows, only the good games our ex players count. It certainly cancels out his dire performance for most of the season, and his poor to mediocre performance the season before it.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/4/2015  2:29 PM
I'd love both Gallo and Lin back next year. I'd certainly take an injury riddled gallo over Bargs at half the money.

And Lin - might not fit the triangle, but I'm not sure the triangle fits in the NBA any longer.

Splat

3/4/2015  4:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

As any Knick fan knows, only the good games our ex players count. It certainly cancels out his dire performance for most of the season, and his poor to mediocre performance the season before it.

When he is productive he does impact games. Do you think Lin has the ability to be a consistent producer in the future? Or have you written him off entirely?

mreinman
Member: #3189

3/4/2015  4:10 PM
Splat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

When he is productive he does impact games. Do you think Lin has the ability to be a consistent producer in the future? Or have you written him off entirely?

I would like to see him succeed. He seems like a good guy who has been put into 3 bad situations.

His shooting needs to be far more consistent if a team like SA will give him PT.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
RonRon
Member: #246
3/4/2015  4:23 PM
There are a couple teams that Lin would fit good under with his strength/style of play

One being Lin on Dallas, with a bunch of HIGH IQ players, that play PnR basketball especially with Dirk, 4 shooters and can be 5 at times with CV, his ability to penetrate/facilitate, and he would still have to play a backup role due to his lack of defense, he also has lost some speed/quickness/athleticism, partly due to his surgery/injuries/and the toll he takes in a 82 game season
He probably will have to get back to working in the gym in training and diet, to regain some strength/speed/quickness that would help him finish and play better defense
Since he lacks speed/quickess and is taller than the average PG, he has trouble going through screens, and gets killed in that position as teams know this weakness of his and constantly attack him

Rhondo is just a poor fit and is another player to build around as a PG that is a ball dominant PG without the ability to shoot and score really
In order for him to be successful, the ball must be in his hands 90% of the times, and has to play with 3 VERY GOOD SCORERS that can also spread the floor in order for him to penetrate

On the Celtics who probably was over rated as we can see now and must credit the play of KG, Pierce, and Allen to spread the floor and score in multiple ways when they were still near their prime
They were also a great defensive team when KG was still in his prime and a ELITE defender, NBA 1/2 best defensive team, with other players like

Tony Allen
Leon Powe
Posey James
Perkins/Glen Davis/PJ Brown

Cassell
Scott Pollard
Eddie House and his ability to chuck and hit shots in limited PT and catch fire as a bench/rotational player

and their depth of combination of veterans/younger players throughout the years when they were contenders that fit

some of the above and the BIG 3/4 at the time with Perkins/Glen Davis who fit very well with KG's was still young

JO
Wallace
Finley

Jeff Green
Delonte West
Nenad Krstic

Marquis Daniels/Von Wafer

However, as KG and their BIG 3 got older so did their chances of being contenders with the rise of Lebron James and with The Heat trio

Splat

3/4/2015  4:23 PM
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I would like to see him succeed. He seems like a good guy who has been put into 3 bad situations.

His shooting needs to be far more consistent if a team like SA will give him PT.

True. I do think he will fare better with unselfish teammates. Harden and Kobe are not a good match for a player like Lin who needs some ball time of his own too. But I think he is smart and could do real well with the right mix of players.

Splat

3/4/2015  4:29 PM
Eddie House. Flashback. Knicks always seem to get those kinds of bench microwave gunners past their prime. House really killed teams before he became a Knick and then he came here and he was pretty much done. We dealt the one player we had in their prime like that when we sent Jamal Crawford off the team. I guess JR had half a season like that, but ... yuck. Only other guy who filled that role for a little while was Novak when he was in the groove and playing with distributors (hint: Lin). Maybe Copeland could have filled that role for us if we kept him. Eddie House Flashbacks, clouds in my coffee.
TPercy

3/4/2015  5:05 PM
Without Melo, and some LEGIT Non brain dead, non egocentric talent, tweaking of the triangle, I think Lin would do well here, but then again, that is an IF
The Future is Bright!
mase14
Member: #1622

3/4/2015  5:51 PM
I think Links goes to Denver if Pringle gets that job, I've seen reports that he interested in the Denver job
14/15 Around the NBA Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy