[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

14/15 Around the NBA Thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/1/2015  4:10 PM
Griz sign Jaymichael Green to a 3 year deal- I thought we were holding out the last roster spot for him once his ten day deal expired. Another team must have been offering him a two year deal (maybe us) for the Griz to up it to 3yrs.

I wonder who we test out with our last roster spot.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
3/1/2015  4:33 PM
Javale McGee discussing buyout with the Sixers- no one suggest him! He seems a nice guy, but I've never seen such a clumsy player- his bball iq is even worse than mine!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/1/2015  5:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:Javale McGee discussing buyout with the Sixers- no one suggest him! He seems a nice guy, but I've never seen such a clumsy player- his bball iq is even worse than mine!

He has gotta be the dumbest player bball wise. Triangle offense will be the Bermuda triangle with this fool.

NYKBocker
USA
3/1/2015  5:24 PM
Cavs rockets game is fun to watch
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/1/2015  5:27 PM
Cavs vs Rockets is a great game..A throwback game..Must be a tribute to Anthony Mason game..All the fights and the nasty stuff..I love it!!!
NYKBocker
USA
3/1/2015  8:47 PM
Kanter is nice player
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/1/2015  9:11 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Javale McGee discussing buyout with the Sixers- no one suggest him! He seems a nice guy, but I've never seen such a clumsy player- his bball iq is even worse than mine!

He has gotta be the dumbest player bball wise. Triangle offense will be the Bermuda triangle with this fool.

Think about how good this guy could have been with a high BB IQ.

Oozes with raw ability, but is about as smart as the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz before he got his brain.

Amazing waste of talent. Another example of a guy with the body of a center who wanted to play like a small forward, but in his case he did not have the brain to do either.

Draft Express Strengths and Weaknesses

STRENGTHS:
- Excellent skill-level
- Ability to face the basket
- Excellent hands
- Shot-blocking skills
- Shot-blocking tools
- Huge upside
- Late bloomer
- Work ethic
- Ability to run the floor
- Athleticism
- Excellent wingspan
- Fluidity
- Physical specimen
- Size for position
- Solid frame
- 3-point range

WEAKNESSES:
- Decision making
- Shot-selection
- Footwork/Post-moves
- Left hand
- Atrocious defender
- Gets backed down in post
- Avoids contact
- Basketball IQ
- Experience
- Fundamentals
- High bust potential?
- Mental/Physical toughness?
- Not ready to contribute immediately
- Ability to finish through contact
- Strength
- Free throw shooting

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3TBqhdrXt
http://www.draftexpress.com

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Syniko
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3969

3/1/2015  10:12 PM
Lin 20 pts 8 assists 3 steals 6 rebounds and only one turnover. against the Thunders. and played less minutes than Clarkson. He was on his way to have 12 or 13 assists that was totally screwed up when his teammates couldn't connect. Most of his points were from attacking the paint.

Bring him back to New York when he becomes a free agent.

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
3/2/2015  1:41 AM
Lin . . . I don't understand Byron Scott's use of Lin. Perhaps he knows/assumes Lin is gone and so he doesn't want to bother playing him? Whatever. He's continued to look pretty good to me all year. Not great, not a top guard, but a solid back up and, depending on the team, a possible starting guard.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/2/2015  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2015  9:51 AM
Syniko wrote:Lin 20 pts 8 assists 3 steals 6 rebounds and only one turnover. against the Thunders. and played less minutes than Clarkson. He was on his way to have 12 or 13 assists that was totally screwed up when his teammates couldn't connect. Most of his points were from attacking the paint.

Syniko--I really think the Knicks should be bargain shoppers unless something is too good to pass on. The problem with J Lin is who will show up on a nightly basis--the 3-12 Lin or the 8-12 Lin. Hes been better with TO's but his 3 pt % overall consistency and his defense still need work.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2015  10:27 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Syniko wrote:Lin 20 pts 8 assists 3 steals 6 rebounds and only one turnover. against the Thunders. and played less minutes than Clarkson. He was on his way to have 12 or 13 assists that was totally screwed up when his teammates couldn't connect. Most of his points were from attacking the paint.

Syniko--I really think the Knicks should be bargain shoppers unless something is too good to pass on. The problem with J Lin is who will show up on a nightly basis--the 3-12 Lin or the 8-12 Lin. Hes been better with TO's but his 3 pt % overall consistency and his defense still need work.

too much baggage and hype, not enough defense, always hurt, totally inconsistent... not a guy we could depend on for anything. I would rather watch Galloway start 82 than have Lin around
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/2/2015  10:31 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

too much baggage and hype, not enough defense, always hurt, totally inconsistent... not a guy we could depend on for anything. I would rather watch Galloway start 82 than have Lin around

The only way I want lin back, is if MDA is the head coach, and we all know that ain't happening

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/2/2015  11:22 AM
LeBron and Harden got into it during yesterday's game, and the Rockets tweeted this afterward. Looking forward to seeing the rematch.....

RonRon
Member: #246
3/2/2015  1:09 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Think about how good this guy could have been with a high BB IQ.

Oozes with raw ability, but is about as smart as the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz before he got his brain.

Amazing waste of talent. Another example of a guy with the body of a center who wanted to play like a small forward, but in his case he did not have the brain to do either.

Draft Express Strengths and Weaknesses

STRENGTHS:
- Excellent skill-level
- Ability to face the basket
- Excellent hands
- Shot-blocking skills
- Shot-blocking tools
- Huge upside
- Late bloomer
- Work ethic
- Ability to run the floor
- Athleticism
- Excellent wingspan
- Fluidity
- Physical specimen
- Size for position
- Solid frame
- 3-point range

WEAKNESSES:
- Decision making
- Shot-selection
- Footwork/Post-moves
- Left hand
- Atrocious defender
- Gets backed down in post
- Avoids contact
- Basketball IQ
- Experience
- Fundamentals
- High bust potential?
- Mental/Physical toughness?
- Not ready to contribute immediately
- Ability to finish through contact
- Strength
- Free throw shooting

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3TBqhdrXt
http://www.draftexpress.com

Funny thing about McGee is that he is extremely talented and possess a rare combination of athleticism, length, size, strength, and Rudy Gobert is a player that resembles McGee's physical abilties/size/athleticism/length but so far has been able to develop his game with much more consistency especially when given consistent minutes

Gobert was picked way after Tim Hardaway JR, a player that was on the board and had the highest upside, filled a need for a position with Tyson Chandler's backup that could learn a bit of him
Instead we chose to pick a gunner and irratic 3pt point shooter, with horrible DEFENSE, and is very comparable to JR Smith *who was a UFA that we had early bird rights to and supposingly knew needed knee surgery* on top of that we also had Iman Shumpert already

Mason Plumlee was picked ONE PICK before us who was a steal at the early 20's with his size/athleticism

However, I was biggest on Giannes, The Greek Freak, and would have used the draft picks we used to acquire AB (2016 1st rounder *which Denver/NYK would get the better of in the right to swap for CA* in addition to the 2 2nd rounders that we used

The Greek Freak was selected in the mid range and was a TOP 3 potential draft pick who would have been a great pairing with CA because of his lock down defensive abilities/abilities to defend multiple positions and ability to create for others/initiate an OFFENSE/facilitate and grew from 6-9 to 6-11 + AFTER he was drafted

We probably had Tim Hardaway JR's trade value highest after his rookie season when he lit it up with Dion Waiters in the rookie/sophmore game at the trade deadline and even last summer
Right now, his value has dropped signifigantly and I am not even sure if he could net us 2 2nd round picks, with one being a HIGH 2nd round pick
We could have easily gotten that last season and since then, we have moved JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, yet he is still unable to elevate his game

I never believed Tim Hardaway JR was going to develop in to a STARTING caliber SG due to his inability to defend on a high level or even being an average defender, inability to handle the ball, inability to create for others/facilitate, and most importantly his horrible shot selection

He still can shoot and if he improves his shot selection and is able to be more consistent he still can be a rotational player that Anthony Morrow has developed to being, who was a journey man at a time till he found a home in OKC
Like JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, if he joins a team that has talent and the abilities to cover his weakness's on DEFENSE and doesn't need him to facilitate/create for others, a player that has the leadership that Lebron brings, in addition to the other talents to spread the floor and take the attention away from him, such as Irving/Love/Lebron, and even MosGoV as a solid Center

smackeddog
3/2/2015  2:10 PM
GustavBahler wrote:LeBron and Harden got into it during yesterday's game, and the Rockets tweeted this afterward. Looking forward to seeing the rematch.....

Harden probably deserves MVP, but I'd rather watch Lebron any day of the week.

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
3/2/2015  2:38 PM
Harden and the MVP . . . yes, I think, head to head, Harden is a little better than Curry. However, Curry's game helps his whole team and while Harden is a solid team player, he's just not quite as good as Curry about pulling/pushing his team. And, defense makes a difference. Harden could be a great defensive player, and he's not as bad right now as some claim, but Curry, for the most part, has played sold defense all season. Yes, Lebron probably should win it . . . and his recent play has been amazing but . . . he just wasn't as good as Curry or Harden the first half of this season. Maybe Lebron beasts the rest of the year and it's his. Maybe. It's basically a toss up but I think GS's record gives Curry a small edge.
GustavBahler

3/2/2015  2:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2015  2:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:LeBron and Harden got into it during yesterday's game, and the Rockets tweeted this afterward. Looking forward to seeing the rematch.....

Harden probably deserves MVP, but I'd rather watch Lebron any day of the week.

Me too. Thought this was a very provocative tweet, I'm pretty sure LeBron has the next game vs. the Rockets penciled in.

smackeddog
3/2/2015  2:45 PM
Dolan interested in buying the Daily News- Isola entering his final days
GustavBahler

3/2/2015  2:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2015  2:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:Dolan interested in buying the Daily News- Isola entering his final days

Aren't there anti-trust laws out there about owning too many media properties in the same market? Cablevision already owns Newsday.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2015  4:54 PM
"RoseBud"......
14/15 Around the NBA Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy