[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

14/15 Around the NBA Thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/7/2015  11:32 AM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:That Atlanta-GS game was strange. The first half was fairly even but GS seemed in control. The second half was all Atlanta but . . . I couldn't figure out what Atlanta was doing differently. Bogut got tired? Strange game. GS looked more frustrated than I've seen them . . . Curry and Thompson played nice games, Greene was solid, Livingston looked good, but somehow Atlanta stopped GS's inside game completely in the second half.

Good- I don't like the Warriors! I wish I'd watched this game- this season, every non-Knicks game I've chosen to watch has been a 20 point blowout!

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/7/2015  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2015  11:35 AM
CrushAlot wrote:The Lakers are bringing Davis, Lin, Boozer, and Young off the bench. Seems like this is blatant tanking.

Can't blame them- their pick is top 5 protected, any lower and they end up giving a lottery pick to the Suns as part of that god-awful Nash trade. However it's only top 3 protected next year and the year after, then is unprotected. Idiots for putting so little protection on them, but then again at least they put some protection on them (unlike us)!

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/8/2015  2:40 PM
Clippers just don't have it...At best they are a second round and out team..They need to re-tool..They should make a run at Melo..If I were them, I'll offer Blake for Melo in a heartbeat..I think Melo would go to LA..
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2015  3:56 PM
Haven't watched much Cavs this year but what has happened to Love? He looks horrible.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/8/2015  4:34 PM
holfresh wrote:Clippers just don't have it...At best they are a second round and out team..They need to re-tool..They should make a run at Melo..If I were them, I'll offer Blake for Melo in a heartbeat..I think Melo would go to LA..

Why?
The Future is Bright!
mreinman
Member: #3189

2/8/2015  5:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2015  5:50 PM
martin wrote:Haven't watched much Cavs this year but what has happened to Love? He looks horrible.

He can't hit a damn shot ... very puzzling

seems hurt. He could not even miss this bad if he intentionally tried. And he was always a very good shooter.

today was one of his best game that I've seen this year.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

2/8/2015  5:44 PM
holfresh wrote:Clippers just don't have it...At best they are a second round and out team..They need to re-tool..They should make a run at Melo..If I were them, I'll offer Blake for Melo in a heartbeat..I think Melo would go to LA..

The clippers are not giving up blake for Melo ... c'mon man

holfresh

2/8/2015  6:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2015  6:17 PM
TPercy wrote:

Why?

Melo with a legit PG and shooters can be a very good team...Melo can carry you for stretches..Blake isn't that kind of player..Clippers haven't done anything with that current lineup 3 years now..Dunks are pretty but doesn't carry you deep in the playoffs..
holfresh

2/8/2015  6:16 PM
mreinman wrote:

Actually I have zero interest in Blake as a Knick..

mreinman

2/8/2015  6:19 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

regardless, his value his miles hire than melo's at this point.

holfresh

2/8/2015  6:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

We will disagree there..

mreinman

2/8/2015  6:28 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

We will disagree there..

yup ... and btw, I am not a big blake fan but the guy is up to 5 assists per game (I wish Melo would do this) and there is nothing really that Melo does better than him other than shoot more 3's.

Does Melo have the potential to be better than him? Probably. But he does not seem to want to take the next step ... maybe a few more zen dinners will change his mind.

holfresh

2/8/2015  6:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2015  6:39 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

We will disagree there..

yup ... and btw, I am not a big blake fan but the guy is up to 5 assists per game (I wish Melo would do this) and there is nothing really that Melo does better than him other than shoot more 3's.

Does Melo have the potential to be better than him? Probably. But he does not seem to want to take the next step ... maybe a few more zen dinners will change his mind.

Melo is a superior all round scorer, who can score from anywhere on the court..He would be a better fit on that current team..Just my view..Blake has a lot of talent around him and they are a second round and out team..I'm my humble opinion ..Melo/CP3 is more dangerous than CP3/Blake..

I think Melo is who is tho..Blake has upside..

mreinman

2/8/2015  7:22 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

We will disagree there..

Melo is a superior all round scorer, who can score from anywhere on the court..He would be a better fit on that current team..Just my view..Blake has a lot of talent around him and they are a second round and out team..I'm my humble opinion ..Melo/CP3 is more dangerous than CP3/Blake..

I think Melo is who is tho..Blake has upside..

I hate the term "scorer", its so old school. To me a superior scorer is one that shoots at a higher percentage and takes smarter shots.

I wish that Melo believed that he was less of a "scorer" and took smarter shots as well as passed the ball to his teammates.

Melo is a better shot creator but he also creates many horrible shots.

Blakes USG -> Assist rate destroys Carmelo's.

Melo is a much better FT shooter, yet Blake still has a higher TS.

If we are going by potential, Melo does not have anymore potential (barring a zen miracle brain intrusion), he is who he is (as you've stated).

Blake is probably better for the triangle as well.

Age, health, etc ... edge obviously Blake.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2015  7:45 PM
holfresh wrote:JR playing great ball in his role..

Let's see how he does in the playoffs. Lebron is there so JR might deliver for a change. Shump is making the ESPN highlight reels tonight, not the first time since the trade. He's also benefiting from LeBron's leadership IMO.

mreinman

2/8/2015  7:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Let's see how he does in the playoffs. Lebron is there so JR might deliver for a change. Shump is making the ESPN highlight reels tonight, not the first time since the trade. He's also benefiting from LeBron's leadership IMO.

If Kyrie can play more like he did tonight, then watch out. He played team ball.

Shumpert was a shumpert like 5-13 from the floor but he did a number of other things.

JR actually got 33 minutes and only jacked up 4 shots, who is this JR?

mreinman

2/8/2015  7:53 PM
Memphis vs Atlanta is a great game (for those of you who are interested in watching it)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2015  8:01 PM
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If Kyrie can play more like he did tonight, then watch out. He played team ball.

Shumpert was a shumpert like 5-13 from the floor but he did a number of other things.

The "other things" is the difference from Shump. He's doing things I havent seen much of since his rookie season and its only a few games. Still glad he was traded as I dont believe it was going to happen here, he needed a change of scenery.

holfresh

2/8/2015  8:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2015  8:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

The important thing for Cleveland is that JR is their 4th option not their second..JR can now spot up for a shot..He doesn't have to bring the ball up and create..Huge, huge difference..I don't think LeBron is a leader either..Another topic tho..

mreinman

2/8/2015  8:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

The "other things" is the difference from Shump. He's doing things I havent seen much of since his rookie season and its only a few games. Still glad he was traded as I dont believe it was going to happen here, he needed a change of scenery.

kids should have a chance to play with good team oriented players.

I was never a shump fan (or a timmy fan) but everyone should have a chance to prove themselves. Wish them (hopefully timmy goes soon) the best.

JR had his chance so I don't give a sh1t about him.

14/15 Around the NBA Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy