[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks sign Travis wear
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/25/2014  7:01 PM
I must admit where I was wrong and I was definitely wrong about this one. I thought he had no chance of making the team. But he played very well and he EARNED it. Does this imply that bargnani is more hurt than we thought and might not come back soon? That would make my day (not the injury part, the him not coming back soon part.lol)
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/25/2014  7:03 PM
Wow. So they did waive Outlaw?
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

10/25/2014  7:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2014  7:12 PM
Saw what I liked in SL kid is for real

The issues I have since reading Phil's scouting report is this

"Travis Wear is another impressive rookie. He's 6-10 with a terrific handle, outstanding athleticism and a nice touch from beyond the arc. He was overshadowed at UCLA, but has the skill set to play every position from 1 to 4.

We'll eventually place him in the D-League, where his possible NBA future solely depends on his ability to learn how to defend."

Come one Phil how many players on our roster

Know how to defend or defends for the matter

Some with several yrs of NBA experience

If he has a future in the league it'll be because

Of the things you stated on the first half of your scouting report

Also why would we "eventually" send him to the D-League

If he's a surprise rookie you find a way to make sure he remains a surprise

Not obscure away from real NBA action

Splat
Member: #5862

10/25/2014  7:11 PM
They will probably waive Outlaw next.

They waived Jordan "The Savior" Vander Graf Generator and Langston Hughes Galloway today too.

Both appear to be slated for spots on the Breastchester Knicks as well as Sir Laurence Olivier Sanchez

DJ Mbenga has been assigned to the New York Harbor Hurricane Watch

If cut, Outlaw is expected to retire from active NBA duty and pursue his long-stated dream of becoming the leading black stunt man on Hollywood westerns.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/25/2014  7:17 PM
It's expected but I dont see where it's offical.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/25/2014  7:29 PM
knickscity wrote:It's expected but I dont see where it's offical.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2014/10/25/7070701/it-appears-the-knicks-will-keep-travis-wear

Sounds like he's been told he made the team

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2014  8:10 PM
F500ONE wrote:

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2014/10/25/7070701/it-appears-the-knicks-will-keep-travis-wear

Good news. I could think of at least 20 available players who would be more productive than Outlaw. It's small, but positive move.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Splat
Member: #5862

10/25/2014  9:25 PM
This is a one Travis town ya hear me Outlaw?

- Travis Wear, 2014

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  11:16 PM
Awesome. Outlaw is supposed to be a good guy but glad the Knicks are moving forward.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2014  11:58 PM
I can see Wear as a solid intangible player on a good NBA team. He certainly outplayed our rookies. He earned the spot and I see him getting better.
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2014  12:04 AM
Wear is clearly a pure Triangle player in terms of his all around skills. Phil is going to look to fill this roster with guys like that. I'm very glad that he got signed and I hope he gets some minutes this year. Outlaw is too limited IMO. He needs to go.
knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  2:22 AM
F500ONE wrote:

From the article, almost the last sentence.....

"Nothing here is done or official."

Now I can say I even say the Knicks PR twitter feed even retweeted it, but no one has reported anything. Likely because they have to rid a player before they can officially sign him.

CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2014  2:43 AM
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Now I can say I even say the Knicks PR twitter feed even retweeted it, but no one has reported anything. Likely because they have to rid a player before they can officially sign him.

Something that I have been wondering about is the sudden signing of Vandenberg. The knicks are limited in how many guys they can protect in the d league draft. I am not sure if it is 4 or 5 guys but they already signed Thanasis. I think Wear was in their plans for one of the three or four spots they could protect. If they changed their mind on outlaw, the Vandenberg signing makes a lot more sense as they had another d league spot to fill if Wear was a Knick and Outlaw was waived.
knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  2:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Something that I have been wondering about is the sudden signing of Vandenberg. The knicks are limited in how many guys they can protect in the d league draft. I am not sure if it is 4 or 5 guys but they already signed Thanasis. I think Wear was in their plans for one of the three or four spots they could protect. If they changed their mind on outlaw, the Vandenberg signing makes a lot more sense as they had another d league spot to fill if Wear was a Knick and Outlaw was waived.

I think they had to sign Vandenverg to protect him in the d-league. I think the protection extends to four. Imo if they make this official, I'd keep Wear on the roster and send Early to the d-league to hone his skills. Wear can play now, early isnt quite there yet and needs reps. just dont really see Phil waiving a vet who makes a decent salary while the team will be tax repeaters barring a trade.
CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2014  2:58 AM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I think they had to sign Vandenverg to protect him in the d-league. I think the protection extends to four. Imo if they make this official, I'd keep Wear on the roster and send Early to the d-league to hone his skills. Wear can play now, early isnt quite there yet and needs reps. just dont really see Phil waiving a vet who makes a decent salary while the team will be tax repeaters barring a trade.

Agree but Wear wouldn't be a d league guy so the Knicks could protect Galloway, Sanchez, Vandenberg and Thanasis. I am not sure how things work with Thanasis because d league players sign a contract with the league I believe.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/27/2014  11:28 AM
Good news. Wear might turn into a reliable option off the bench. Need good role players, not just stars to build a contender.
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/27/2014  11:35 AM
after watching the ESPN 30/30 on the knicks when the garden was eden, i am POSITIVE we are building a champtionship team.

wear, jason smith, dalembert, calderone, larkin, acy... all additions that fit the mold of a strong knick team.

If you haven't watched "when the garden was eden" then you definitely should...
http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=whenthegardenwaseden

About 'When The Garden Was Eden'

Film Summary
In the early 1970s, America was being torn apart by the war in Vietnam, with racial unrest in the streets and a distrust of the White House. But there was a happier place where men of different backgrounds showed people what could happen when you worked together: Madison Square Garden. "When The Garden Was Eden" (based on the book by Harvey Araton) explores the only championship years of the New York Knicks, when they made the NBA Finals in three out of four seasons, winning two titles. Stitched together by Red Holzman, the previously mediocre Knicks might have seemed an odd collection of characters: a forward from the rarefied air of Princeton (Bill Bradley), two players from the Jim Crow South (Willis Reed and Walt Frazier), a blue-collar guy from Detroit (Dave DeBusschere), a pair of inner-city guards (Earl Monroe and Dick Barnett), even a mountain man from Deer Lodge, Montana (Phil Jackson). But by embracing their differences and utilizing their strengths, they showed the NBA and the world what it was like to play as a team. That they did it on the stage New York City provided made it all that much sweeter.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Knicks sign Travis wear

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy