Ok, which one of you guys wrote this?
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/25/2014  3:42 PM
New York Knicks Should Strongly Consider Trading Jose Calderon

"First and foremost, $24 million is a ton of money to invest in a 33-year-old point guard who has never averaged more than 13 points per game, never averaged double-digit assists per game, and who has never led his team past the first round of the playoffs. In fact, in his 10 years in the NBA, Calderon has only appeared in a mere 18 playoff games, starting in just eight of them."

"If Jackson is presented with the chance to begin getting back some of those draft picks that previous GMs traded away, anticipate Calderon’s quick departure."

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/10/25/new-york-knicks-should-strongly-consider-trading-jose-calderon/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

AUTOADVERT
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/25/2014  4:04 PM
Must be FireWoodson who would do anything to clear the way for World Class Pablo to start.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  4:19 PM
If there was any mention of Lin I would say it was Triple Threat.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TeamBall
Member: #4386

10/25/2014  4:21 PM
Well the formatting rules out F5
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/25/2014  5:13 PM
Guilty. As. Charged OP!
VCoug
Member: #1406

10/25/2014  6:22 PM
You know it's not me because I'd be talking about the whole team, not just Calderon.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Splat
Member: #5862

10/25/2014  6:35 PM
The Master Plan is working, mwah ha ha ha

Soon, I, Phil Jackson, shall trade Jose Calderon to the Los Angeles Lakers and bring home the Golden Child to his one true home.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/25/2014  10:39 PM
TeamBall wrote:Well the formatting rules out F5

LOL!!!

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/25/2014  11:18 PM
Doesn't the team dumping the salary usually have to give up the picks?

Honestly though I really don't get the Calderon bashing. I still get nauseous thinking of Felton's play last season. Calderon has to be an upgrade.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  11:40 PM
H1AND1 wrote:Doesn't the team dumping the salary usually have to give up the picks?

Honestly though I really don't get the Calderon bashing. I still get nauseous thinking of Felton's play last season. Calderon has to be an upgrade.

Agree. Calderon has looked great and the Knicks are much better when he is on the court.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  2:31 AM
H1AND1 wrote:Doesn't the team dumping the salary usually have to give up the picks?

I'd consisder a moving from a rooming house full of drug addicts to a roach infested apartment as an upgrade as well. I just never get fans reasoning as an upgrade based on how terrible something was before. Felton was severely below average, Calderon no matter what statistics used is a slightly above average pg at best. it wont take long before folks get annoyed of calderon as well.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2014  9:41 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Honestly though I really don't get the Calderon bashing. I still get nauseous thinking of Felton's play last season. Calderon has to be an upgrade.

Not sure anyone has "bashed" Calderon on the site.

He is an elite shooter, he will space the floor, he provides Zen Master with a leverage point against the other longer established Knick players ( Calderon is loyal to Jackson since he brought him here, he has no ties to the Melo/CAA regime) and he's clearly leaps and bounds better than Felton.

Doesn't change that point guard has the lowest positional value in the league. While some teams like Detroit and Utah and the Knicks have struggled to fill the position in recent seasons, most other teams are able to get heady and strong play from 2nd rounders, backups, veteran cast offs and street free agents. Look at the Bulls. Guys like DJ Augustin and Aaron Brooks were able to get some strong run for them. Ray McCallum picked it up very well for the Kings last late season. Jarrett Jack is pretty much a quasi starter wherever he goes. Hawks get some good run out of Shelvin Mack, their backup.

Calderon will be a Knick on a virtually untradeable deal ( not without said asset push to get him off the roster), heading to the wrong side of his 30s, with more decline in his already poor defense while most of the league is able to get by without taking such massive trade offs and cost at the position.

If you can't fix your power forward spot and point guard spot in the league at a value, you probably aren't a franchise heading on the way back up. If you struggle to fill the elite two way wing positions and elite defensive center with health and youth and passable offense, then you are just joining the rest of the league in the search for the most coveted type players.

But when you have a coach killing ball hog like Melo, with a powerful agency behind him, sadly you will struggle to find a point guard he won't try to drive off the roster ( god forbid Melo has to do something like learn to move off the ball like most wings) unless you need about 100 million dollars in a splash GM and head coach signing. ( Where Melo is forced to realize he can't drive off someone that expensive off the front office and that the 11 ring reputation will be enough where if the Knicks keep failing, the media will blame only Melo for those failures, because they love Phil Jackson)

The Knicks keep spending assets to fix a position that didn't need to be fixed until Melo broke it yet again. Good organizations don't need to spend precious resources to manage their players egos instead of just trying to win.

Completely disagree about your take on the pg position in college it's the most important position on the floor. And while not the same in the pros a really good pg can be a franchise changer examples over the last 20 years include magic j Kidd Steve Nash a overseen and obviously there are much more. ANY position in the nba could be a high talent important position. Just depends who is playing said position. But if I'm building a club I'm looking up the middle i.e pg &c first unless there is a generational wing there. We've only seen 4 of them Kobe Jordan James wade

RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/26/2014  9:52 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
TeamBall wrote:Well the formatting rules out F5

LOL!!!

hahaha

ES
knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  9:57 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Honestly though I really don't get the Calderon bashing. I still get nauseous thinking of Felton's play last season. Calderon has to be an upgrade.

Not sure anyone has "bashed" Calderon on the site.

He is an elite shooter, he will space the floor, he provides Zen Master with a leverage point against the other longer established Knick players ( Calderon is loyal to Jackson since he brought him here, he has no ties to the Melo/CAA regime) and he's clearly leaps and bounds better than Felton.

Doesn't change that point guard has the lowest positional value in the league. While some teams like Detroit and Utah and the Knicks have struggled to fill the position in recent seasons, most other teams are able to get heady and strong play from 2nd rounders, backups, veteran cast offs and street free agents. Look at the Bulls. Guys like DJ Augustin and Aaron Brooks were able to get some strong run for them. Ray McCallum picked it up very well for the Kings last late season. Jarrett Jack is pretty much a quasi starter wherever he goes. Hawks get some good run out of Shelvin Mack, their backup.

Calderon will be a Knick on a virtually untradeable deal ( not without said asset push to get him off the roster), heading to the wrong side of his 30s, with more decline in his already poor defense while most of the league is able to get by without taking such massive trade offs and cost at the position.

If you can't fix your power forward spot and point guard spot in the league at a value, you probably aren't a franchise heading on the way back up. If you struggle to fill the elite two way wing positions and elite defensive center with health and youth and passable offense, then you are just joining the rest of the league in the search for the most coveted type players.

But when you have a coach killing ball hog like Melo, with a powerful agency behind him, sadly you will struggle to find a point guard he won't try to drive off the roster ( god forbid Melo has to do something like learn to move off the ball like most wings) unless you need about 100 million dollars in a splash GM and head coach signing. ( Where Melo is forced to realize he can't drive off someone that expensive off the front office and that the 11 ring reputation will be enough where if the Knicks keep failing, the media will blame only Melo for those failures, because they love Phil Jackson)

The Knicks keep spending assets to fix a position that didn't need to be fixed until Melo broke it yet again. Good organizations don't need to spend precious resources to manage their players egos instead of just trying to win.

Completely disagree about your take on the pg position in college it's the most important position on the floor. And while not the same in the pros a really good pg can be a franchise changer examples over the last 20 years include magic j Kidd Steve Nash a overseen and obviously there are much more. ANY position in the nba could be a high talent important position. Just depends who is playing said position. But if I'm building a club I'm looking up the middle i.e pg &c first unless there is a generational wing there. We've only seen 4 of them Kobe Jordan James wade

I get his point and i do agree....you dont need to put long term money into the pg position, especially in an offense that involves 5 players on the court moving the ball and themselves. The pg position is of minimal importance here, and looking at the scope of the entire NBA what are the better pg's in the NBA doing or have done? Not alot at all. This league over the last 30 years has been a "wing who can do it all" on the court sprinkled with "once in a generation" big man league.

Top tier pg's dont win in this league anymore, and by the scope of things it will be awhile before one does.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

10/26/2014  2:07 PM
I think Calderon is one of the top ten pg in the L and he will guide us to great heights
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Ok, which one of you guys wrote this?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy