[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Allan's Knees
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
6/3/2004  1:18 PM
Most discouraging news amid the Kurt Trade Rumor coverage today came from The Journal News.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/060304/c07w03knicksweb.html

"Notes: Allan Houston has apparently convinced the organization he doesn't need more surgery to rectify his ailing knees. He missed 32 games last season and continues to get periodic treatment at the Burdenko Water and Sports Therapy Institute in Bedford, Mass. ... The Knicks are running their annual summer camp July 12-16 at Pace University for children ages 8 to 18. Information is available at nyknicks.com."

To someone not on the indside, it's hard to imagine how resting will be a long-term solution. It seems like he might start the year ok, but will inevitably wear down by mid-season. I know we've all criticized the Knicks medical staff all over this board. Maybe this is another blunder. I'm hoping they have some gameplan in mind here, and some reason to believe that rest really might be enough.

Anyone know enough about the injury to have any insight into what the Knicks are thinking?
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/3/2004  1:44 PM
It doesn't seem like the Knicks have a choice....Allan is pretty much telling them he wants to rest it and not have anything else done.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
bernard
Member: #475
6/3/2004  4:46 PM
Of course it's his body ... his choice ultimately. But you'd think they'd be able to put some serious pressure on him ... they are paying him $100 million!

Maybe they are putting more pressure on him than they've made public. If so, you'd think they'd leak that Allan's not doing what they ask, so if he falls apart next year, he instead of management will take the heat for not having surgery.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
6/3/2004  5:29 PM
Posted by bernard:

Of course it's his body ... his choice ultimately. But you'd think they'd be able to put some serious pressure on him ... they are paying him $100 million!

Maybe they are putting more pressure on him than they've made public. If so, you'd think they'd leak that Allan's not doing what they ask, so if he falls apart next year, he instead of management will take the heat for not having surgery.

i agree, i think for us to get better we need to deal him, shandon, and k.thomas, hopefully we could get reef, crawford, and antonio davis in return.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
6/3/2004  7:34 PM
You notice that this article didn't even quote any Knicks sources saying that Houston has convinced him he doesn't need surgery. There seems to have been a lot of tension between Houston and team management on this issue. Earlier this summer, Houston said he didn't need surgery; Isiah said the team doesn't want a situation where he is still having problems in 2 months and then decides to have surgery and said that Houston should get opinions right away on surgery. Then later there was an article where Isiah went out of his where to publicly state that there was no inconsistency between his view and Houston's view. ("We're on the same page"--something you need to come out and say only when it appears like you're on completely different pages). Now that it's clear that Houston won't consider surgery at this point, the Knicks realize the best thing they can do is at least make it look like they're on the same page and state that they've been "convinced."
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/3/2004  7:43 PM
H20 is doing the right thing. Going under the knife was the reason he was in this mess to begin with. He needs to rest and strengthen the leg. Surgery only messes with his knee more. Penny said it best that multiple surgeries messed him. The second was done unnecessarily.
Bonn1997
USA
6/3/2004  7:44 PM
Posted by Vmart:

H20 is doing the right thing. Going under the knife was the reason he was in this mess to begin with. He needs to rest and strengthen the leg. Surgery only messes with his knee more. Penny said it best that multiple surgeries messed him. The second was done unnecessarily.
that's just players looking for excuses who know nothing about medicine. Houston had a fracture in his knee. If he hadn't had microfracture surgery, he probably wouldn't have been able to play one game
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/3/2004  7:58 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Vmart:

that's just players looking for excuses who know nothing about medicine. Houston had a fracture in his knee. If he hadn't had microfracture surgery, he probably wouldn't have been able to play one game

Going under the knife is never a good thing. as for the Micro fractures he had that surgery last year and he received the go from the NYK docs the fractures are healed or he wouldn't have played one game last year. So right now the Microfracture isn't the prob. The problem is that H20 never got a chance to rest his leg completely and was rushed back by Chaney and Layden so he could be out there to save their jobs. He should have comeback in middle of the season like Ray Allen or Webber instead of hobbling around making things worse. He doesn't need more surgery all he needs is to rest and strengthen his leg. He will be 100% next or very close to it.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

6/3/2004  11:22 PM
Bottom line:

If we deal him, he will heal and have a couple of great seasons

If he stays here, he will prolly fizzle out like ewing did

reason?:

our medical staff is horrible
Bonn1997
USA
6/4/2004  12:39 AM
our medical staff is horrible
sounds like you've been listening to Camby too much. Maybe the staff is bad; I wouldn't know. But as soon as Camby left the Knicks, he had a 29 game season. He was just looking for someone to blame. Injury-prone players do that often.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/5/2004  8:35 AM
This just really has to do with Allan Houston being such a fake. If he doesnt have the surgery, he will only be able to play 1/2 the season cause 'it hurs so much'. If he has the surgery he will have to sit out for maybe one year but he will be back the next year.

I saw Baron and Rasheed play hard in the playoffs after being severly injured. I am embarrased that our $100/million franchise player is not only just a 1-dimensional jump shooter who is eating up our salary cap, he is also a fag that has absolutely no heart.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/5/2004  9:21 AM
Houston was screwed by the Layden era because they put so much pressure on him to lead the team. Layden never really tried to build around Houston. He just saw Houston as a guy that the Knicks could ride on offense.

McDyess was mad after eh left the Knicks stating there was so much pressure on him to come back that he might have came back too soon last season. I think Houston no doubt came back too soon.

I compare Ray Allen's knees to Houstons.......they both had similiar surgeries yet Ray had a extra 2 months into the season to strenghten his knee. Houston was maybe a month out of the hospital when he started the season. Houston didn't play in the pre-season if you remember because his knee wasn't ready.

That sucks but so what.....Houston is 33 right now and will be 34 in April. If the Knicks don't need to think about a replacement I don't know what they need.....I am high on Stephen Jackson but I would rather have Quinten Richardson but I think he is going to Denver.

In my opinion Isiah needs to make short work during the off-season and get someone to replace Houston in the future and get a post threat. I'm talking about starting from draft day till around early July. After that then guys can call each other and meet up and get ready for the season.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

6/5/2004  9:32 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

This just really has to do with Allan Houston being such a fake. If he doesnt have the surgery, he will only be able to play 1/2 the season cause 'it hurs so much'. If he has the surgery he will have to sit out for maybe one year but he will be back the next year.

I saw Baron and Rasheed play hard in the playoffs after being severly injured. I am embarrased that our $100/million franchise player is not only just a 1-dimensional jump shooter who is eating up our salary cap, he is also a fag that has absolutely no heart.

Yup....Sheed has a bum foot, Baron was hurt, Kidd was hurt, Kenyon was hurt, Jermaine's knee was killing him, Tinsley had a torn hamstring and the trainers had to tell him to sit, Rip still has a sore face from braking his nose, Something was wrong with Paul Pierce too.

Houston had a great season last year but he still has only scored 20 during losing seasons just like people have been saying about Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Houston still has a wicked jumper and the Knicks need that. Thing is the Knicks have an opportunity to get a replacement for Houston now. If Houston is healthy then what is the point? But whenever Houston is out the Knicks struggle cuz the team is conditioned to watch him drain jumpers.

"Q"!!!!!!(or Stephen Jax if Denver opens the bank)
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/5/2004  10:02 AM
I just don't see how they convince Jackson to play here. "Hey Stephen, it's true we have two maxed out players playing at the 2 and 3, plus 2 other players who get enormous paychecks. You might be the odd man out! How about the full MLE?" Unless you can give him a starting job I don't see why he comes here to play off the bench.
#Knickstaps
EnySpree

6/5/2004  11:29 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I just don't see how they convince Jackson to play here. "Hey Stephen, it's true we have two maxed out players playing at the 2 and 3, plus 2 other players who get enormous paychecks. You might be the odd man out! How about the full MLE?" Unless you can give him a starting job I don't see why he comes here to play off the bench.

"We could win a championship by replacing you in the role Shandon Anderson played last year and we expect to aquirre a post player before the off-season is over. We are right at the brink of greatness and we want you to become one of the missing pieces to take us there. Winning a championship at MSG as a Knick would be something to cherish for your whole life."

Thats' what I would say. But I would pitch that to Quinten first.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/6/2004  9:59 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by BigSm00th:

"We could win a championship by replacing you in the role Shandon Anderson played last year and we expect to aquirre a post player before the off-season is over. We are right at the brink of greatness and we want you to become one of the missing pieces to take us there. Winning a championship at MSG as a Knick would be something to cherish for your whole life."

Thats' what I would say. But I would pitch that to Quinten first.

Acquire the post player first, then your argument might be believable. Without one, we ain't going nowheres.
Allan's Knees

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy