[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Record Predictor

Author Poll
VCoug
Member: #1406

Alright everyone! The real season begins in a few days so it's time for everyone to start making their predictions. To help you out here are some predictions from around the internet. Oh, and make sure to remember to bookmark this page so you can lord it over everyone else when you're right and they're wrong

Predictions

ESPN: 38-44, 11th in the East

SCHOENE: 32-50

Real Plus-Minus: 27-55

BoxScore Geeks: Best Case: 45-37 Worst Case: 29-53 Realistic: 37-45

SBNation: Best Case: 6th seed Worst Case: Out of the playoffs

Bleacher Report: 35-47, 11th in the East

Over 55 Wins
51-55 Wins
46-50 Wins
41-45 Wins
36-40 Wins
31-35 Wins
Under 30 Wins
View Results

Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/27/2014  10:58 AM
41-45 wins. 6th or 7th place. I do think we have a great shot at the atlantic though. Toronto is going into the season overrated. But at the least we have to beat out BK and finish second in the atlantic and in the 6th or 7th spot.
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/27/2014  11:59 AM
51 wins, Toronto collapses, BKLN plays most of the season without Bropez (surprise!) and Deron. SofAtlantic is ours again. Melo hits 5.7 apg, and it's still not enough for the Sombers.

Everyone else stays healthy (even Stat), nobody's overworked, and Phil works some sort of early magic deal that makes Bargs disappear in exchange for something(s) cheaper younger, and more durably workmanlike.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/27/2014  3:09 PM
jrodmc wrote:51 wins, Toronto collapses, BKLN plays most of the season without Bropez (surprise!) and Deron. SofAtlantic is ours again. Melo hits 5.7 apg, and it's still not enough for the Sombers.

Everyone else stays healthy (even Stat), nobody's overworked, and Phil works some sort of early magic deal that makes Bargs disappear in exchange for something(s) cheaper younger, and more durably workmanlike.

Good points, but I doubt that Phil makes a deal for Bargs unless it's a deal he can't refuse. Why take on salary when he's coming off the books? Maybe if it's a useful player who is also on an expiring. I think Phil really does hope to have Bargs play because he's one of the few players we have who is capable of reaching the kind of levels he has. Remember that Bargs had 4 straight seasons of 15.4, 17.2, 21.4 and 19.5 it's only the last 2 years that he performed below that, 12.7 and 13.3 last year. I think Phil believes he could get good production out of Bargs this year and that could raise his value a bit. It's worth a try.
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
10/28/2014  12:00 AM
39 wins.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/28/2014  9:27 AM
i am going with 43-39. I think that Woodson lost the team and lost games with his idiotic schemes defensively and bad play calling (ISO ball). Ball movement and attention to D will net the team 5 more wins. Fish is worth a few wins in the West as he knows that conference very well.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/28/2014  10:14 AM
nixluva wrote:
jrodmc wrote:51 wins, Toronto collapses, BKLN plays most of the season without Bropez (surprise!) and Deron. SofAtlantic is ours again. Melo hits 5.7 apg, and it's still not enough for the Sombers.

Good points, but I doubt that Phil makes a deal for Bargs unless it's a deal he can't refuse. Why take on salary when he's coming off the books? Maybe if it's a useful player who is also on an expiring. I think Phil really does hope to have Bargs play because he's one of the few players we have who is capable of reaching the kind of levels he has. Remember that Bargs had 4 straight seasons of 15.4, 17.2, 21.4 and 19.5 it's only the last 2 years that he performed below that, 12.7 and 13.3 last year. I think Phil believes he could get good production out of Bargs this year and that could raise his value a bit. It's worth a try.

The problem with Bargs is that when you see the guy its sure looks like he has lost all passion for playing the game. Im sure Phil sees that using him for midrange shots, aka the only type of shot Bargs has ever shot with any consistency would be great the only problem is Bargs has always been a chucker who shoots way too many of the shots he's NOT good at hitting. Then you have the problem of his piss poor defense so in totality you have an inefficient chucker who has never in his career stuck to his bread and butter who on defense just gets owned repeatedly by opposing players and on top of it all plays with zero passion and drive for large swaths of time.

In other words, Bargs is a net negative and I dont think all the zen and mindfulness in the world is gonna ever make Bargs into a net positive contributer on this team. Call me a hater, call me a pessimist. Whatever. Bargs BLOWS, and the only way he'll ever help the Knicks is by being cut outright or sitting on the edge of the bench in a suit and tie.

Whenever I remember we actually gave up multiple picks for this guy I get hives. What a farging awful move. Surely right up there with the top follies of Layden and Isaiah.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/28/2014  11:52 AM
41-45 wins
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/28/2014  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2014  1:29 PM

So had Phil traded for Lowry

And managed to swing a deal for Amir and signed someone like Lou Williams

We would have collapsed or is having Melo end all be all to everything

Unless Raptors catch something worse than Ebola, they aren't collapsing

They are head and shoulders better than us

Whether you're unconscious or conscious

Our guards are already showing signs of collapsing

42-22>>>>>>16-7 when you consider the lab samples

We're gonna have to suck it up and deal with it

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/28/2014  1:20 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The problem with Bargs is that when you see the guy its sure looks like he has lost all passion for playing the game. Im sure Phil sees that using him for midrange shots, aka the only type of shot Bargs has ever shot with any consistency would be great the only problem is Bargs has always been a chucker who shoots way too many of the shots he's NOT good at hitting. Then you have the problem of his piss poor defense so in totality you have an inefficient chucker who has never in his career stuck to his bread and butter who on defense just gets owned repeatedly by opposing players and on top of it all plays with zero passion and drive for large swaths of time.

In other words, Bargs is a net negative and I dont think all the zen and mindfulness in the world is gonna ever make Bargs into a net positive contributer on this team. Call me a hater, call me a pessimist. Whatever. Bargs BLOWS, and the only way he'll ever help the Knicks is by being cut outright or sitting on the edge of the bench in a suit and tie.

Whenever I remember we actually gave up multiple picks for this guy I get hives. What a farging awful move. Surely right up there with the top follies of Layden and Isaiah.

To be honest this is the usual line about Bargs which is why I keep defending him. You're actually wrong about Bargs and I'll prove it. My contention last year was that he needed to be used properly but wasn't. Bargnani's career 2pt% is 47%. Last year he shot 48.7% for the Knicks from 2 point range. Bargs shot 394 2pt'ers and 108 3pt shots last year. His overall FG% was 44.2% so what brought it down was his 3pt% of 27.8%. In this system Bargs will be looking to take even more 2pt shots verses 3's. It's a good move given his ability to shoot from 2pt range. Last year he shot only 2.6 3pt'ers per game. He only needs more 2pt shots and that would solve most of his issues.

As for his defense, Bargs is one of the better man defenders. He's not getting beat by his own man. It's that he has poor help defensive awareness. I think that can be fixed and I think this scheme is a better fit for Bargs than that switching defense.

Synergy Sports ranked Bargnani in the 88th percentile in post defense on a per-possession basis, and the 56th percentile in isolation defense last season (with a gaudy 95th percentile overall). It wasn’t all Dwane Casey’s wizardry last season (though his work with Bargnani’s defense should not be ignored, but we’ll get there. In 2011, he was 47th percentile in post and 83rd percentile in isolation. 2010? 72nd percentile in the post, 28th in isolation. Bear in mind these numbers are regardless of the number of possessions, so someone that defended in the post once successfully logs in at the top of the chart. So basically, he’s even better than these numbers indicate, relative to his position.

IMO a better scheme that won't expose Bargs to his weakness on help defense should alleviate a lot of the problem. IMO Bargs real issue is staying healthy. Not so much in the same way as STAT who has needed surgery, but just those kinds of injuries that slow a player down and force him to shut it down. If he can get healthy and stay on the court the rest of the year he can be productive used the way Phil and Fish intend.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2014  1:31 PM
Vegas over under win total for Knicks is 40.5

Those computer projections are crap. They got the Knicks right last year, but based on the total whiffing on other teams there is nothing impressive about those models.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VCoug
Member: #1406

10/28/2014  7:23 PM
fishmike wrote:Vegas over under win total for Knicks is 40.5

Those computer projections are crap. They got the Knicks right last year, but based on the total whiffing on other teams there is nothing impressive about those models.

Vegas over/under is NOT a prediction. It's the number Vegas comes up with that they thing they can get an even 50/50 split on the betting.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

10/29/2014  6:26 AM
VCoug wrote:

Vegas over/under is NOT a prediction. It's the number Vegas comes up with that they thing they can get an even 50/50 split on the betting.

I always thought they were predictions too until I started my betting adventure

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2014  7:33 AM

Parity is making it harder. NFL is brutal.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/29/2014  8:07 AM

40-45 is probably a fair assessment. Im actually very optimistic for the next few years. Im excited for this year because i want to see some young guys develop and i want to see the new system get settled in
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
10/29/2014  9:02 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

40-45 is probably a fair assessment. Im actually very optimistic for the next few years. Im excited for this year because i want to see some young guys develop and i want to see the new system get settled in

I'm even more excited about the over/under on the number of times we have to discuss Dolan on this board for the next 5 years.

F500ONE

10/29/2014  9:38 AM

With that being said if Vegas has us at 40 wins, which is a losing season btw

I'm guess you're putting 25 Stacks on the over

H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/29/2014  10:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2014  10:58 AM
nixluva wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

To be honest this is the usual line about Bargs which is why I keep defending him. You're actually wrong about Bargs and I'll prove it. My contention last year was that he needed to be used properly but wasn't. Bargnani's career 2pt% is 47%. Last year he shot 48.7% for the Knicks from 2 point range. Bargs shot 394 2pt'ers and 108 3pt shots last year. His overall FG% was 44.2% so what brought it down was his 3pt% of 27.8%. In this system Bargs will be looking to take even more 2pt shots verses 3's. It's a good move given his ability to shoot from 2pt range. Last year he shot only 2.6 3pt'ers per game. He only needs more 2pt shots and that would solve most of his issues.

As for his defense, Bargs is one of the better man defenders. He's not getting beat by his own man. It's that he has poor help defensive awareness. I think that can be fixed and I think this scheme is a better fit for Bargs than that switching defense.

Synergy Sports ranked Bargnani in the 88th percentile in post defense on a per-possession basis, and the 56th percentile in isolation defense last season (with a gaudy 95th percentile overall). It wasn’t all Dwane Casey’s wizardry last season (though his work with Bargnani’s defense should not be ignored, but we’ll get there. In 2011, he was 47th percentile in post and 83rd percentile in isolation. 2010? 72nd percentile in the post, 28th in isolation. Bear in mind these numbers are regardless of the number of possessions, so someone that defended in the post once successfully logs in at the top of the chart. So basically, he’s even better than these numbers indicate, relative to his position.

IMO a better scheme that won't expose Bargs to his weakness on help defense should alleviate a lot of the problem. IMO Bargs real issue is staying healthy. Not so much in the same way as STAT who has needed surgery, but just those kinds of injuries that slow a player down and force him to shut it down. If he can get healthy and stay on the court the rest of the year he can be productive used the way Phil and Fish intend.

Im sorry but Ill never be convinced because Bargs has never once proven to be a useful player since he's been on the Knicks. His couple of decent SCORING seasons are long gone (and even during those seasons advanced stats have him as a net negative/zero sum player who is a chucker on offense-getting his points on way too many shots). And there's a reason that what i said is "the usual line" about Bargs and that's cause it's true: The guy is a net negative. You can keep saying he is a great two point shooter but that means little when in every other facet of the game he is below average. And Im not sure one stat about him defending man to man erases all the deficiencies the guy has shown on defense. Why is it that he has _always_ been tagged as an awful defender if he is magically some beast man to man in the post? How has every coach missed this and unleashed Bargs on his opponents? Im sorry but Ive watched the guy bumble through too many awful defensive lapses to ever want to see him play in a Knicks uniform again.

And we havent even talked about his putrid rebounding. When your 7 foot PF/Center can't rebound a lick its a huge problem and tells you everything you need to know about the guy. You keep having to defend him because its clear to 99% of the population that Bargs is atrocious. One of the worst moves the Knicks ever made.

F500ONE

1/25/2015  3:17 PM
Okay which of you geniuses predicted

We'd win less than 30gms

This poll shows there were 3 of you

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2015  3:54 PM
Me but I was just being a D
Record Predictor

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy