[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks first handful of games are not joke....
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/25/2014  10:40 AM
vs Chicago, @ Cleveland (back to back)...,vs Charlotte, vs Washington, @ Detroit (back to back), @ Brooklyn, @ Atlanta (back to back), then another game vs Atlanta.

Outside of Detroit, all of these teams were playoff teams last season, and for the most part will likely make strides to start the season off good to try to ensure that same success.

So much can happen based off these games here for the Knicks...confidence can grow if they successfully win some or at best all of these, confidence can falter if they win none or very few....but here in lies the question....

2 questions...1) How would you feel as a fan if any these three scenarios happen and 2) which one do you expect to happen...

1) Knicks successful win the majority of these matchups and achieve .500 or better.

2) Knicks lose a few heartbreakers, but fall a little short of the .500 mark.

3) Knicks reallty dont look good in the majority of these squeak a win or two by some form of opponent mishaps or dont win any.

If #1 happens, I'm ecstatic, it would show they truly are ready to be a competitive team and are doing things by system and by virtue of talent.

If #2 happens, is the more likely scenario imo, it will show they arent too far away from actually turning competing into winning. This is the one I think likely may happen.

If #3 happens, the sky will fall and they may not recover.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2014  10:56 AM
knickscity, I do not think there is a dominant team in the east YET. On basis it would appear that Clev and Chi are the best per their talent--and it certainly may come to pass.
However at THIS point NEITHER are dominant both have chemistry issues as do may teams is appears. I think the better teams are out west--a highly improved Dallas team who I think will win it all, Phoenix GS Houston etc.. it seems that we are lucky we are in the east.

The bottom line will be a small differencial in our league. We are going to win games simply because we have Melo and the other teams dont. IF JR Timmy Amare and Melo can all get a hot groove like they did end of last year--we'll be good. If JRs back is hurt Amare isnt the same and other role players dont shime then we are likely on the other side of .500. To sum it up--I think we are just fine and we will not be a team that comes out and loses 7 out of 8. This is a 500 club

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/25/2014  11:07 AM
knickscity wrote:vs Chicago, @ Cleveland (back to back)...,vs Charlotte, vs Washington, @ Detroit (back to back), @ Brooklyn, @ Atlanta (back to back), then another game vs Atlanta.

Outside of Detroit, all of these teams were playoff teams last season, and for the most part will likely make strides to start the season off good to try to ensure that same success.

So much can happen based off these games here for the Knicks...confidence can grow if they successfully win some or at best all of these, confidence can falter if they win none or very few....but here in lies the question....

2 questions...1) How would you feel as a fan if any these three scenarios happen and 2) which one do you expect to happen...

1) Knicks successful win the majority of these matchups and achieve .500 or better.

2) Knicks lose a few heartbreakers, but fall a little short of the .500 mark.

3) Knicks reallty dont look good in the majority of these squeak a win or two by some form of opponent mishaps or dont win any.

If #1 happens, I'm ecstatic, it would show they truly are ready to be a competitive team and are doing things by system and by virtue of talent.

If #2 happens, is the more likely scenario imo, it will show they arent too far away from actually turning competing into winning. This is the one I think likely may happen.

If #3 happens, the sky will fall and they may not recover.

I expect us to be bad for at least the first 10 games. I'd say Detroit, Wizards (as they are diminished by injuries), and Nets are all winnable, but we could still lose. Get ready for a bumpy ride- I'm hoping we get our act together by mid season, I'm simply hoping it's not too late by then!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2014  1:04 PM
I actually don't think the Knicks will look as shaky as they have in preseason. A lot of that is due to the lack of Jose and giving Larkin a chance to play and learn. WIth more minutes for Jose and Prigs that eliminates the floor leadership issues. They both are excellent at setting up their teammates and getting them into the proper spots. This will lead to proper spacing, ball movement and better shots. This team is going to be competitive.
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/25/2014  1:30 PM
The season is dependent on how this team behaves after those first 10 games, not particularly how well they do out of the gate. They will likely have a losing record after ten games. How they handle that early adversity will be the difference between being a lottery team and and an overachiever.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2014  1:31 PM
That's why we play the games....go knicks
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  1:34 PM
EnySpree wrote:That's why we play the games....go knicks
Yep. A lot of doom and gloom based on a preseason game. The season starts on Wednesday.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2014  1:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:That's why we play the games....go knicks
Yep. A lot of doom and gloom based on a preseason game. The season starts on Wednesday.

I don't want it if it's easy. Bring on the season

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2014  1:36 PM
Splat wrote:The season is dependent on how this team behaves after those first 10 games, not particularly how well they do out of the gate. They will likely have a losing record after ten games. How they handle that early adversity will be the difference between being a lottery team and and an overachiever.

We don't know how they'll come out of the gate. We can only assume that they will get better as the season progresses but they may not actually lose games even if they play up and down in games. We have to see how they respond. I don't see them as a lottery team. That would take major disfunction like we saw last year and I don't see that happening this time.

Splat

10/25/2014  2:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2014  2:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
Splat wrote:The season is dependent on how this team behaves after those first 10 games, not particularly how well they do out of the gate. They will likely have a losing record after ten games. How they handle that early adversity will be the difference between being a lottery team and and an overachiever.

We don't know how they'll come out of the gate. We can only assume that they will get better as the season progresses but they may not actually lose games even if they play up and down in games. We have to see how they respond. I don't see them as a lottery team. That would take major disfunction like we saw last year and I don't see that happening this time.

You keep telling people they don't get it. What I see is you conflating your enthusiasm for Phil and Fish and the ideal of a new culture and a better system as tantamount to current improvements.

What I don't think you are getting is that is all sugar and spice and oh so nice, but we don't have the personnel to match up to most clubs. Any club with proficient frontline players is going to eat us alive in the paint and we simply will not have the players to stop them. That's just one of many deficiencies we have.

The real bottom line is only Melo would start elsewhere and Jose would only be a starter on a handful of clubs at his age now. Most of our players would get cut from other teams' training camps.

You can buy into the dream, but that dream is a long-term one. Your over the top cheerleading for this current collection of players has been ridiculously imbalanced and overstated.

If Phil handles the cap space well and they draft well and Fish develops the slight amount of long-term talent we have now, then maybe in a year or two this club could be at a place commensurate with your present outlook. At this juncture, you're sounding like you can't help being enthusiastic constitutionally and that is just what you do, but it sure doesn't make you look like a person with much common sense.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2014  2:09 PM
nixluva wrote:

honestly we are most likely a 40-45 win team which is ok because we arent a finished product. Its gonna take time until we have more cap space
knickscity
USA
10/25/2014  2:10 PM
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You keep telling people they don't get it. What I see is you conflating your enthusiasm for Phil and Fish and the ideal of a new culture and a better system as tantamount to current improvements.

What I don't think you are getting is that is all sugar and spice and oh so nice, but we don't have the personnel to match up to most clubs. Any club with proficient frontline players is going to eat us alive in the paint and we simply will not have the players to stop them. That's just one of many deficiencies we have.

The real bottom line is only Melo would start elsewhere and Jose would only be a starter on a handful of clubs at his age now. Most of our players would get cut from other teams' training camps.

You can buy into the dream, but that dream is a long-term one. Your over the top cheerleading for this current collection of players has been ridiculously imbalanced and overstated.

If Phil handles the cap space well and they draft well and Fish develops the slight amount of long-term talent we have now, then maybe in a year or two this club could be at a place commensurate with your present outlook. At this juncture, you're sounding like you can't help being enthusiastic constitutionally and that is just what you do, but it sure doesn't make you look like a person with much common sense.

I honestly thinks he believes this team is a championship team, dont know why he wont just say it and get it out the way.
StarksEwing1

10/25/2014  2:13 PM
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I honestly thinks he believes this team is a championship team, dont know why he wont just say it and get it out the way.
he is 100% positive which is fine but its not objective. The knicks are my favorite sports team but i know this year will be a transition up and down year
knickscity
USA
10/25/2014  2:20 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:

he is 100% positive which is fine but its not objective. The knicks are my favorite sports team but i know this year will be a transition up and down year

Being positive is fine, he actually sees nothing wrong with the team, which is delusion. A fan can have a positive outlook and be realistic.

I'd love for them to win these first 8 games in particular, nixluva knows they will, no chance the lose, no chance at at all, even if they struggle they'll still win. It would as he say take a "major disfunction"....when it reality just a talent difference vs their nightly opponent will be enough to do the trick.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/25/2014  2:23 PM
Come on Nix had us winning the championship last year. Just let him be its all good
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
10/25/2014  2:26 PM
I think we're in a win win situation this year. If the system takes off and the team plays well then GREAT! If the team bombs, we then use our lotto pick to add another piece before FA, GREAT!! No stress or pressure this year, whatever happens, happens. Let's just enjoy the ride!
I bleed orange and blue for life.
Splat

10/25/2014  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2014  2:45 PM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:I think we're in a win win situation this year. If the system takes off and the team plays well then GREAT! If the team bombs, we then use our lotto pick to add another piece before FA, GREAT!! No stress or pressure this year, whatever happens, happens. Let's just enjoy the ride!

Sure, but if the system bombs, will it be a judgment on lack of talent incapable of learning a system or a judgment of the system itself?

That is the question that will follow Melo then, because if the wheels come off during this season and he then says fukit and plays hero ball the rest of the season, then you have an overpaid star ego to deal with for the next few years.

Yes, I'd like it to be as simple as you put it, because me likey lottery pix too, but it ain't. If this combusts, Melo Era # 2 could be in trouble if Melo cannot adjust his game, because we are not going to attract Max # 2 if Melo remains in the "Uber talented, he's so gifted I could puke, but um something isn't all there" category.

For Melo to be perceived as a winner, he needs to keep his head in the game all season long despite boneheads like JR or Amare who can't get a system. Melo has to show the ability to change the momentum of games doing things other than chucking the ball. Because if he doesn't, then we're stuck with just another big ego and it makes it harder to build a winning culture or attract the next wave of talent to the club.

After all, Melo is the consummate blah, blah, blah kind of speaker who says a whole lot of nothing and it rarely means a damn thing. Talk is cheap and Melo has talked plenty in the past and not backed up his generic team rah rah blather before. Him shoot, him score. But this is the juncture in his career where he has to prove he's more than that.

All the excuses made that Melo's teammates can't hit the side of a barn, thus Melo must go into hero mode is the biggest load of crap of all time. If he uses that as his excuse this season, there's no hope for this guy. He'll just be another Bob McAdoo. A scoring champion who can't raise the level of his teammates.

Not enough talent? That's the point of this year. To finally eat crow and accept what it takes to rebuild. He said he recognized the need to rebuild. So act like your words mean something Melo. Play the game right regardless of winning or losing and start a new chapter. If he doesn't, then this club is screwed no matter who they get.

StarksEwing1

10/25/2014  2:39 PM
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Being positive is fine, he actually sees nothing wrong with the team, which is delusion. A fan can have a positive outlook and be realistic.

I'd love for them to win these first 8 games in particular, nixluva knows they will, no chance the lose, no chance at at all, even if they struggle they'll still win. It would as he say take a "major disfunction"....when it reality just a talent difference vs their nightly opponent will be enough to do the trick.

i agree. I think nix is a very good fan and positivity is important BUT you also news to be honest about the teams flaws
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/25/2014  2:39 PM
I think it is imperative to glue JR to the bench. And really limit Amare's minutes and only using him depending on the game and match ups. Those guys coupled with Melo will bring this teams morale down and things will spiral again. We saw a little of that last night in the 3rd quarter. Let Melo be Melo. He's just one guy on a team of 12-15
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

10/26/2014  1:56 PM
9-3
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
The Knicks first handful of games are not joke....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy