[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We are going to win the Atlantic division..
Author Thread
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
10/27/2014  6:08 PM
Pure madness. We aren't tanking. Pay attention.
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/27/2014  6:14 PM
babyKnicks wrote:Pure madness. We aren't tanking. Pay attention.

we are a .500 team this will be a 2-3 year process
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/27/2014  6:19 PM
That wins the Atlantic. Everybody is bad in the east. Team work will make the dream work.
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

10/27/2014  10:03 PM
Currently, at 0-0, we are a .500 team. It's all downhill from here though.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/27/2014  10:16 PM
babyKnicks wrote:That wins the Atlantic. Everybody is bad in the east. Team work will make the dream work.

Define what EVERYBODY means

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/27/2014  10:56 PM
Problem is that people don't want to accept the possibility of either side. Like its impossible for the Knicks to do well this season or its impossible for the Knicks to suck. I don't believe that we will win the Atlantic but I'm not getting angry that another poster has the audacity to believe so. Or that another poster has the audacity to disagree.

I was hoping that Jr would be able to excel in the triangle which was big in my expectations on how the team would perform this yr. He hasn't shown looked good at all so my expectations have dropped. Still hope for the best though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Splat
Member: #5862

10/27/2014  11:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Problem is that people don't want to accept the possibility of either side. Like its impossible for the Knicks to do well this season or its impossible for the Knicks to suck. I don't believe that we will win the Atlantic but I'm not getting angry that another poster has the audacity to believe so. Or that another poster has the audacity to disagree.

I was hoping that Jr would be able to excel in the triangle which was big in my expectations on how the team would perform this yr. He hasn't shown looked good at all so my expectations have dropped. Still hope for the best though.

I always leave the door open to the upside. It may be those who are incensed at the mere mention of failure or tanking don't have the same degree of flexibility in their thinking. I'm always adjusting based on what I actually see. And I see a club that is clearly going to be overmatched at 4.5 positions most of the time.

The 0.5 goes to Melo who can win his match-up on the offensive end much of the time, but even he is not a whole number due to players scoring on him on the other end of the floor.

What the more reactionary comments have shown me is an inability of minds to host conflicting scenarios simultaneously. Running a team is like running a business or even an army in many ways. You must account for best and worst case scenarios and prepare for them.

Therefore, I left the door open to mediocrity, which to me means squeaking into the playoffs which is not a big accomplishment. And I left that door open based on one of the biggest new variables this club presently has that is unanswered: THE COACH.

If Fish is very good, he may be the key factor. If he is just OK as he learns how to deal with roster issues, the impact this year will be negligible, but he may still excel in coming years.

Outside of that, there is nothing in the current personnel that says this team can stop other squads from scoring on us the majority of the time. If Fish can forge a defensive work ethic that transcends this talent gap, then I'll be the first to stand up and applaud him for it.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/27/2014  11:23 PM
I'll bet my 10 bucks that Toronto runs away with it. They are being under rated.

They are better than the Knicks. They have as much cohesion as anyone in the east. They have a star PG a legit solid C an all star caliber player in Derozan a 6th man of the year candidate in Williams and a great deal of complimentary players and quality coach.

RIP Crushalot😞
Splat

10/27/2014  11:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I'll bet my 10 bucks that Toronto runs away with it. They are being under rated.

They are better than the Knicks. They have as much cohesion as anyone in the east. They have a star PG a legit solid C an all star caliber player in Derozan a 6th man of the year candidate in Williams and a great deal of complimentary players and quality coach.

Agreed. The division is for Toronto to lose more than it is for the other teams to win at this point. Barring injuries or team dysfunction, they should win the division.

callmened
Member: #4234

10/27/2014  11:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I'll bet my 10 bucks that Toronto runs away with it. They are being under rated.

agreed 100%

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Splat

10/28/2014  12:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2014  12:27 AM
I friggin knew it!

Here comes Stat!

http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/stumped-amare-no-idea-why-fisher-wont-start-me/

"There’ll be no whine from Amar’e Stoudemire regarding his reserve role with the Knicks. The only wine associated with Stoudemire is the stuff he mystically bathes in to stimulate his circulation.

Still, Stoudemire would like to know the reasoning behind coach Derek Fisher’s vision of Stoudemire off the bench instead of as starting power forward, where he finished last season, very successfully."

Not even Game 1 and Stat is already stirring the pot. I know Berman is a pot stirrer too, but to even let a reporter latch onto such a comment now shows Stat is still a dipchit.

No, this is not me waging a hate campaign against Amare. It is the same old chit he's pulled since his second season here with his dumbazz not grasping anything intellectually and then airing his laundry as soon as he doesn't get what he wants. I'm tired of it.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/28/2014  12:51 AM
Stat played preseason like he had an agenda

Never saw such selfish play before sans Melo trying to be DA MAN

Splat

10/28/2014  12:57 AM
F500ONE wrote:Stat played preseason like he had an agenda

Never saw such selfish play before sans Melo trying to be DA MAN

My guess is he still likes da money. And he ain't getting much more than he already has if he can't showcase himself this season. He ain't getting much either way, but he'll get vet min if he's off the floor. Professional pride blah blah blah. Dude is so Team First! Barf.

Splat

10/28/2014  7:44 AM
Taylor Swift attended practice.

We're winning the Atlantic Division. Book it.

Splat

10/28/2014  7:45 AM
In other news:

The former N.B.A. point guard Mookie Blaylock was sentenced to seven years in a Georgia prison followed by eight years of probation for killing a woman in a head-on traffic crash last year.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/28/2014  9:11 AM
Charles Barkley has faith in the Knicks. Cue the end of the world.
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/28/2014  10:15 AM
Splat wrote:I friggin knew it!

Here comes Stat!

"There’ll be no whine from Amar’e Stoudemire regarding his reserve role with the Knicks. The only wine associated with Stoudemire is the stuff he mystically bathes in to stimulate his circulation.

Still, Stoudemire would like to know the reasoning behind coach Derek Fisher’s vision of Stoudemire off the bench instead of as starting power forward, where he finished last season, very successfully."

Not even Game 1 and Stat is already stirring the pot. I know Berman is a pot stirrer too, but to even let a reporter latch onto such a comment now shows Stat is still a dipchit.

No, this is not me waging a hate campaign against Amare. It is the same old chit he's pulled since his second season here with his dumbazz not grasping anything intellectually and then airing his laundry as soon as he doesn't get what he wants. I'm tired of it.

Dumb as nails. I have seen so many interviews with him this off season about him being ready to have the best year of his career blah blah blah .... So much talk from him in preseasons.

D up! Box out! Pass the effin ball you bonehead!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/28/2014  10:24 AM
mreinman wrote:

Here comes Stat!

Dumb as nails. I have seen so many interviews with him this off season about him being ready to have the best year of his career blah blah blah .... So much talk from him in preseasons.

I wish he put as much effort into defense and rebounding as he does attacking inanimate objects like say, fire extinguishers.

Ive been saying it all offseason: Id be happier if Stat and Bargs were simply cut outright. Stat, Bargs, and the clowns like JR are not part of the future so they should be discarded ex post facto. We are _certainly_ not contending this season might as well let the youngins and the bench guys get the run and see who's who and who's a keeper. Bonus is the team can learn the triangle with no expectations of making the playoffs and we add a top pick to the heaps of FA money this offseason and beyond.

I know, I know Phil et al dont want to tank which is a shame cause its the right move this season. I dont mean a 4-5 season tank fest like Philly. Simply 1 season. A quick rebuild is oh so possible if it were to be done right.

mreinman
Member: #3189

10/28/2014  10:29 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Here comes Stat!

I wish he put as much effort into defense and rebounding as he does attacking inanimate objects like say, fire extinguishers.

Ive been saying it all offseason: Id be happier if Stat and Bargs were simply cut outright. Stat, Bargs, and the clowns like JR are not part of the future so they should be discarded ex post facto. We are _certainly_ not contending this season might as well let the youngins and the bench guys get the run and see who's who and who's a keeper. Bonus is the team can learn the triangle with no expectations of making the playoffs and we add a top pick to the heaps of FA money this offseason and beyond.

I know, I know Phil et al dont want to tank which is a shame cause its the right move this season. I dont mean a 4-5 season tank fest like Philly. Simply 1 season. A quick rebuild is oh so possible if it were to be done right.

yeah ... people in NY can't stomach the word "tank"

Maybe we should call it a Reorg

so here is what phil is thinking ....
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2014  10:58 AM
mreinman wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Here comes Stat!

yeah ... people in NY can't stomach the word "tank"

Maybe we should call it a Reorg

tank implies losing by design. Do you think those are the Knick's intentions? If your suggesting that is the case Phil is off to a very bad start as GM.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
We are going to win the Atlantic division..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy