[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We are going to win the Atlantic division..
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/26/2014  4:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:It's not the way they wanted things to go but it's not the end of the world either. That is why Phil has added more balance and depth. They can survive this.

LOL..you'll be saying that about him forever..dude, A HAMSTRING

Hamstring injuries are serious, for some players they could be out as long as an acl tear.....
Wow.

It was a joke, but watch how long Bargnani milks this.
AUTOADVERT
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/26/2014  5:14 PM
Tank Job brewing. Phil assembled a smorgasbord of "interchangeable role players" who can work in Le Triangle (sounds better with French pronunciation).

The Bargs story plus Stat going gimpy during the season takes care of what to do with their expiring albatrosses. Then Jose and/or Pablo will need games or weeks off to nurse lingering somethings leaving the team with Crack Baby at the helm for extended stretches.

That leaves us with a roster management game of chairs. At that point, Melo does start to nurse some convenient injuries to steal a dozen games of rest here and there.

And voila! TANK JOB! Phil knows what he's doing it seems. It will give them a chance to figure out how good Early, Timmy and Wear are.

Atlantic Division my butt. What a joke.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

10/26/2014  8:16 PM
NYK can get in playoffs
But so you cant use preseason to
Cite they Will win nba east Atlantic div
?

That is craxy from a team aint there defensively
As well far from finding its way offensively

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2014  9:32 PM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:It's not the way they wanted things to go but it's not the end of the world either. That is why Phil has added more balance and depth. They can survive this.

Hamstring injuries are serious, for some players they could be out as long as an acl tear.....
Wow.

It's so early. I don't want Bargs or anyone pushing to get back before they're ready. That's just stupid. We have enough depth to deal with an injury. Just get healthy. I was glad they didn't push Jose either. It's just stupid to be panicking this early in a long season.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/26/2014  11:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

It's so early. I don't want Bargs or anyone pushing to get back before they're ready. That's just stupid. We have enough depth to deal with an injury. Just get healthy. I was glad they didn't push Jose either. It's just stupid to be panicking this early in a long season.

Really it isnt, the season is about to start and once again...guys are hurt. Same narrative as last year. This is exactly what I predicted, new year same mess. The starting pg is hurt and the guy they had their heart set on to start has played one preseason game and is gonna miss the first week of nba action. But I get it, it's early...until it's April and the story is still the same.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/26/2014  11:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

We have depth? Most of the roster beside the starting 5 wouldn't even crack the rotation on a contending team.

Splat

10/26/2014  11:23 PM
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/26/2014  11:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2014  11:25 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

We have depth? Most of the roster beside the starting 5 wouldn't even crack the rotation on a contending team.

We don't have depth and no we can't sustain injuries

Nix is programmed to give a positive rebuttal

No matter what predicament it puts him in

If any of Jose-Dalembert-Melo go down

We are a lock to win the lottery

Splat

10/26/2014  11:24 PM
Splat

10/26/2014  11:26 PM
F500ONE

10/26/2014  11:29 PM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Really it isnt, the season is about to start and once again...guys are hurt. Same narrative as last year. This is exactly what I predicted, new year same mess. The starting pg is hurt and the guy they had their heart set on to start has played one preseason game and is gonna miss the first week of nba action. But I get it, it's early...until it's April and the story is still the same.

Remember his replies as to why we sucked last year

"hey none of you could have predicted the 3-13 start

And the injuries we had out the gate to start the season"

Now with the tough schedule released and injuries to certain players

It's "hey no need to rush guys back we'll be fine

We may start off slow but we'll recover quickly once guys figure the system out"

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/27/2014  8:23 AM
Splat wrote:Tank Job brewing. Phil assembled a smorgasbord of "interchangeable role players" who can work in Le Triangle (sounds better with French pronunciation).

The Bargs story plus Stat going gimpy during the season takes care of what to do with their expiring albatrosses. Then Jose and/or Pablo will need games or weeks off to nurse lingering somethings leaving the team with Crack Baby at the helm for extended stretches.

That leaves us with a roster management game of chairs. At that point, Melo does start to nurse some convenient injuries to steal a dozen games of rest here and there.

And voila! TANK JOB! Phil knows what he's doing it seems. It will give them a chance to figure out how good Early, Timmy and Wear are.

Is that why Phil said we have enough to make the playoffs which will be about 45 wins? He hired his buddy Fisher only to take the fall for a tank job season while he tells everyone the Knicks should be a playoff team and his real agenda is to see how good a player he got in the 2nd round is?

Makes zero sense.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/27/2014  8:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2014  8:27 AM
fishmike wrote:
Splat wrote:Tank Job brewing. Phil assembled a smorgasbord of "interchangeable role players" who can work in Le Triangle (sounds better with French pronunciation).

Is that why Phil said we have enough to make the playoffs which will be about 45 wins? He hired his buddy Fisher only to take the fall for a tank job season while he tells everyone the Knicks should be a playoff team and his real agenda is to see how good a player he got in the 2nd round is?

Makes zero sense.

I dont think we will be bad but we will be probably a .500 team and in the East we should make the playoffs but probably wont get far.. This is a 2-3 year process and Im confident in Phil. To be honest like i ve said before i dotn mind getting a good draft pick, clearing salary, developing youth, and also starting to develop the new system. Then we can add big pieces and start to contend next year.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/27/2014  10:56 AM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Please don't compare the start of last season to this season, it's night and day

ES
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/27/2014  11:29 AM
45 wins can take the atlantic.
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/27/2014  11:37 AM
If we can stay relatively healthy this season, or players step up when others get hurt, then we have a shot. They need get the triangle down with some time to spare. Can't wait too long for them to figure it out and still be able to win the division. Will be happy with a spot in the playoffs right now.
Splat

10/27/2014  12:39 PM
fishmike wrote:

Makes zero sense.

Would it make sense then if Phil said "We're tanking this season and Melo was on board with this plan before he resigned"?

No, because you're not allowed to say that. So if the plan is to tank, the only thing you can do is appease the hopes and dreams of the unwashed masses (and well-scrubbed season ticket holders) while you go about the business of tanking.

Hey, it's all fantasy and I'm just mucking around with no assertion of proof positive of anything. But to say my fantasy interpretation is intrinsically wrong and that every public utterance by Phil Jackson is true blue in all its apple goodness is also pure speculation.

If he's the Zen master, then he also speaks in koans and the average cat cannot decipher those. If anything, he's a cagey bastard and he'll lie anyway he feels is necessary to get what he wants.

Taking his statements on face value is for rookies. Not saying you do, but the implication is no misdirection has been used thus far and I'm always going to expect that to be part of the scenario unlike many irony-challenged optimists who seem confident of great success this year.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/27/2014  1:09 PM
Splat wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Makes zero sense.

Would it make sense then if Phil said "We're tanking this season and Melo was on board with this plan before he resigned"?

No, because you're not allowed to say that. So if the plan is to tank, the only thing you can do is appease the hopes and dreams of the unwashed masses (and well-scrubbed season ticket holders) while you go about the business of tanking.

Hey, it's all fantasy and I'm just mucking around with no assertion of proof positive of anything. But to say my fantasy interpretation is intrinsically wrong and that every public utterance by Phil Jackson is true blue in all its apple goodness is also pure speculation.

If he's the Zen master, then he also speaks in koans and the average cat cannot decipher those. If anything, he's a cagey bastard and he'll lie anyway he feels is necessary to get what he wants.

Taking his statements on face value is for rookies. Not saying you do, but the implication is no misdirection has been used thus far and I'm always going to expect that to be part of the scenario unlike many irony-challenged optimists who seem confident of great success this year.

Whats wrong with saying this is a transition yr where we are evaluating our talent in preparation for next season. Trust and believe your in a minority group.

You and F5 have nothing but negative stuff to say about everyone associated with the franchise. If a player has 5 positives and 1 negative, you will dwell on the negative like a pure hater, because that's what haters/pessimistic ppl do.

Short sighted people never see the big picture, they want to see things develop overnight. It they wake up the next morning and things haven't change dramatically.

IF MJ was on the knicks, all you would say is that he shoots to much never passes the ball (unless he's triple team), and makes no better..

ES
F500ONE

10/27/2014  1:19 PM
Splat wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Makes zero sense.

You mean saying stuff like this before

He even saw his face, how healthy he was,

"He's overlooked. We think he's going to really do well in the system we have," Jackson said of Bargnani on MSG Network during the second quarter of the Knicks' 95-72 Summer League victory over Charlotte. "We have a couple of guards he likes to play with, Jose (Calderon) and Pablo (Prigioni), and I think he's going to be a surprise and a pleasant one for our fans."

And while injured

"If Andrea Bargnani's initial season in New York was a disappointment, I believe he'll thrive in the triangle. The 3-point shot is a bit out of his range, but from 20 feet and in, Andrea is a deadly shooter. And those are the kinds of shots that the offense will generate for him.

I see at least 2 lies

First of all who is he overlooked by

Everyone knows what he is, a player who isn't that good

Second he's not a "deadly shooter" from 20ft and in

I pulled up his Shot Chart from season-to-season and with

Exception to last year in an ISO offense he shot

About as mediocre as a player can shoot in this range

Of course Phil has a lot of///// "Here buy this Pinto

From me it rides like a Mercedes or BMW take your pick"//// car salesman in him

Splat

10/27/2014  1:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Whats wrong with saying this is a transition yr where we are evaluating our talent in preparation for next season. Trust and believe your in a minority group.

You and F5 have nothing but negative stuff to say about everyone associated with the franchise. If a player has 5 positives and 1 negative, you will dwell on the negative like a pure hater, because that's what haters/pessimistic ppl do.

Short sighted people never see the big picture, they want to see things develop overnight. It they wake up the next morning and things haven't change dramatically.

IF MJ was on the knicks, all you would say is that he shoots to much never passes the ball (unless he's triple team), and makes no better..

Stop selling horsechit by claiming your version of being a fan is pure by comparison to those who dissent against naive, vague boosterism. The kind of stuff I see being promoted here as optimism is the real hot air, not my take on things.

You're clearly defensive as I've only stated the big picture and to me that means accepting the reality of this being, yes, a transitional year, but also with the high probability this is a tank year.

Go stuff your dumb "hater" comments in your snuff box. People who can't debate call those they disagree with haters. I don't care if you like what I have to say. I'm only optimistic when I see reasons for it, whereas you're acting like a miffed schoolgirl because you feel a "real fan" should be constitutionally optimistic by default and not say such damnable things as "Tank" in your holy presence.

I despise people who accuse people of being bad fans. That's what you're doing. Its a sign of your complete inability to say anything of depth. You attack the messenger, not the message. Get lost.

We are going to win the Atlantic division..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy