[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We are going to win the Atlantic division..
Author Thread
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

10/28/2014  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2014  11:14 AM
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:I friggin knew it!

Here comes Stat!

http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/stumped-amare-no-idea-why-fisher-wont-start-me/

"There’ll be no whine from Amar’e Stoudemire regarding his reserve role with the Knicks. The only wine associated with Stoudemire is the stuff he mystically bathes in to stimulate his circulation.

Still, Stoudemire would like to know the reasoning behind coach Derek Fisher’s vision of Stoudemire off the bench instead of as starting power forward, where he finished last season, very successfully."

Not even Game 1 and Stat is already stirring the pot. I know Berman is a pot stirrer too, but to even let a reporter latch onto such a comment now shows Stat is still a dipchit.

No, this is not me waging a hate campaign against Amare. It is the same old chit he's pulled since his second season here with his dumbazz not grasping anything intellectually and then airing his laundry as soon as he doesn't get what he wants. I'm tired of it.

Dumb as nails. I have seen so many interviews with him this off season about him being ready to have the best year of his career blah blah blah .... So much talk from him in preseasons.

D up! Box out! Pass the effin ball you bonehead!

I wish he put as much effort into defense and rebounding as he does attacking inanimate objects like say, fire extinguishers.

Ive been saying it all offseason: Id be happier if Stat and Bargs were simply cut outright. Stat, Bargs, and the clowns like JR are not part of the future so they should be discarded ex post facto. We are _certainly_ not contending this season might as well let the youngins and the bench guys get the run and see who's who and who's a keeper. Bonus is the team can learn the triangle with no expectations of making the playoffs and we add a top pick to the heaps of FA money this offseason and beyond.

I know, I know Phil et al dont want to tank which is a shame cause its the right move this season. I dont mean a 4-5 season tank fest like Philly. Simply 1 season. A quick rebuild is oh so possible if it were to be done right.

yeah ... people in NY can't stomach the word "tank"

Maybe we should call it a Reorg

tank implies losing by design. Do you think those are the Knick's intentions? If your suggesting that is the case Phil is off to a very bad start as GM.

I can't speak for mreinman but I think thy are different meanings of tank. What I meant is playing the season with no expectation and admitting this season is a transitional year. That means discarding dead weight, trying to develop heretofore mishandled/badly coached younger players, and installing new systems on defense and offense with the added bonus that doing all these things has the negative impact in the short run in that the team loses a lot of games but has the positive affect in the long run in that it adds a bonus of a high lottery pick to the load of upcoming FA money the team is set to have in 2015 and beyond. I certainly don't mean multiple years of tanking (ala Philly--jettisoning any NBA players on the roster like they are radioactive waste in order to suckkk for multiple seasons and actively trying to be the worst team in the east). I truly believe after one painful season the Knicks can be set up nicely to be a contender in the east.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/28/2014  11:12 AM
If we are are going to tank we need to play Amare, Bargnani and JR together for a ton of minutes
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/28/2014  11:16 AM
gunsnewing wrote:If we are are going to tank we need to play Amare, Bargnani and JR together for a ton of minutes

We should play Amare at point guard

so here is what phil is thinking ....
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/28/2014  11:19 AM
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:If we are are going to tank we need to play Amare, Bargnani and JR together for a ton of minutes

We should play Amare at point guard

Lmfao I stand corrected this needs to happen.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2014  11:59 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:I friggin knew it!

Here comes Stat!

http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/stumped-amare-no-idea-why-fisher-wont-start-me/

"There’ll be no whine from Amar’e Stoudemire regarding his reserve role with the Knicks. The only wine associated with Stoudemire is the stuff he mystically bathes in to stimulate his circulation.

Still, Stoudemire would like to know the reasoning behind coach Derek Fisher’s vision of Stoudemire off the bench instead of as starting power forward, where he finished last season, very successfully."

Not even Game 1 and Stat is already stirring the pot. I know Berman is a pot stirrer too, but to even let a reporter latch onto such a comment now shows Stat is still a dipchit.

No, this is not me waging a hate campaign against Amare. It is the same old chit he's pulled since his second season here with his dumbazz not grasping anything intellectually and then airing his laundry as soon as he doesn't get what he wants. I'm tired of it.

Dumb as nails. I have seen so many interviews with him this off season about him being ready to have the best year of his career blah blah blah .... So much talk from him in preseasons.

D up! Box out! Pass the effin ball you bonehead!

I wish he put as much effort into defense and rebounding as he does attacking inanimate objects like say, fire extinguishers.

Ive been saying it all offseason: Id be happier if Stat and Bargs were simply cut outright. Stat, Bargs, and the clowns like JR are not part of the future so they should be discarded ex post facto. We are _certainly_ not contending this season might as well let the youngins and the bench guys get the run and see who's who and who's a keeper. Bonus is the team can learn the triangle with no expectations of making the playoffs and we add a top pick to the heaps of FA money this offseason and beyond.

I know, I know Phil et al dont want to tank which is a shame cause its the right move this season. I dont mean a 4-5 season tank fest like Philly. Simply 1 season. A quick rebuild is oh so possible if it were to be done right.

yeah ... people in NY can't stomach the word "tank"

Maybe we should call it a Reorg

tank implies losing by design. Do you think those are the Knick's intentions? If your suggesting that is the case Phil is off to a very bad start as GM.

I can't speak for mreinman but I think thy are different meanings of tank. What I meant is playing the season with no expectation and admitting this season is a transitional year. That means discarding dead weight, trying to develop heretofore mishandled/badly coached younger players, and installing new systems on defense and offense with the added bonus that doing all these things has the negative impact in the short run in that the team loses a lot of games but has the positive affect in the long run in that it adds a bonus of a high lottery pick to the load of upcoming FA money the team is set to have in 2015 and beyond. I certainly don't mean multiple years of tanking (ala Philly--jettisoning any NBA players on the roster like they are radioactive waste in order to suckkk for multiple seasons and actively trying to be the worst team in the east). I truly believe after one painful season the Knicks can be set up nicely to be a contender in the east.

again... Knicks are trying to do all those things and win. But if they didnt care about wins and losses why take on Calderon? No... while this is certainly a transition year its in the Knick's best interest to win games and compete for the playoffs. The Knicks will be much better served if they make the playoffs and pick 16 then miss and pick 8. Phil knows this.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/28/2014  1:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/atlantic1415/2014-15-atlantic-division-champion-predictions
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
10/28/2014  3:05 PM
Many?

"Many have predicted the Knicks will miss the playoffs in the East." - Marc berman

who is this many?

once a knick always a knick
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/28/2014  4:21 PM
misterearl wrote:Many?

"Many have predicted the Knicks will miss the playoffs in the East." - Marc berman

who is this many?

Pretty much the majority of the media.
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/28/2014  4:32 PM
knickscity wrote:

who is this many?

Pretty much the majority of the media.

or just plain "sane" people.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Splat
Member: #5862

10/28/2014  5:12 PM

Now here's someone who makes perfect sense. Go full Apocalypto.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Splat

10/28/2014  5:13 PM

who is this many?

"No way the Knicks make the playoffs this year."

- Many Schwartz, October 19, 2014

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/28/2014  7:08 PM
Splat wrote:

We don't want that though. We want to establish a new culture and the triangle with the players who are part of the future

Splat

10/29/2014  8:38 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:

We don't want that though. We want to establish a new culture and the triangle with the players who are part of the future

Well, Stat just made it that much easier for Fish to ignore him with his pre-season mutterings about wanting to start. What a complete wanker. Fish must be feeling the love.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/11/2014  10:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2014  10:27 PM
So what do we do about the Raptors guys

They are the only thing getting in our way

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/12/2014  4:37 AM
The raptors are the best team in the division.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/12/2014  5:56 AM
Wow. Remember how much people bashed ESPN for predicting 37 wins this year?!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/12/2014  6:40 AM
Last year was the Pacers year to come out of the East if I remember correctly. A lot can happen over the next 74 games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/12/2014  6:46 AM
Yeah, that is true, and I think the team can be closer to .500 if Calderon is healthy. We need everyone to be healthy just to play .500 ball though.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/12/2014  7:45 AM
Knicks won a lot of games at the end last year.

Tanking teams and teams resting their core for the playoffs will be ripe pickings. Tanking teams will literally be giving wins away. ( Though Boston looks tougher than most people probably thought and might not be able to give away wins too easily)

Knicks will likely make up some wins on the back end, but it will be ugly before then. I still think they are a 30-35 win team but a lot of those wins will be other teams giving up/doing poorly, and not the Knicks ripping them apart.

Teams with strong front courts are going to hurt the Knicks badly this season though.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/12/2014  7:55 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Wow. Remember how much people bashed ESPN for predicting 37 wins this year?!

Wow. Remember the year every ESPN analyst picked Boston to win the Division when the Knicks actually did?

We are going to win the Atlantic division..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy