Member: #805
USA
10/24/2014  4:36 PM
Dalembert
Melo
Jose
Stat
Shump

Phil loves that contradiction every second that's just waiting to happen. He will turn clumsy on it's head even if it blows Amare's knees out.

2nd Unit speed/yoot:

Cole
Jason
JR
THJr
Larkin

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2014  4:51 PM
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:I figured Jason would be the guy cuz he actually is the closest thing to Bargs in terms of making teams pay for trying to double Melo. His midrange jumper is solid and he's got size. He can't put the ball on the floor like Bargs but that isn't the end of the world in this offense. It gives the SL a good mix of D and O. If Bargs was healthy I believe he would've started, but Jason is the next best thing IMO. He won't crowd Melo. STAT is perfect off the bench in this scenario.

In the scenario of Phil scouting this team

He said he hopes Amar'e plays (4) 8min rotations/gm

Where will Stat play those minutes if healthy

Somebody isn't going to play much this year

Or Fisher will be juggling lineups-rotations game-to-game

Phil isn't coaching....but it's stil possible for Amare to flirt with 30-32 minutes in a bench role.

Fisher has a tough job but he's relying on his coaching staff to help him figure that out.

Fisher has spoken very highly of Acy so it's interesting how this plays out

Fisher has 96min total at the 4-5 positions

Which almost means Melo can never play at the 4

Dalembert-Smith-Amar'e-Acy-Bargs

96 divided by 5 is 19.5min/gm

Let's say Amar'e gets his 30min

66min divded by 4 comes to 16.5min/gm

In order for Bargnani to come through as a surprise, Phil's words

He's gonna have to log respectable minutes

Let's give him a reasonable number of 24min

66min-24min comes to 42min//// divided by 3 comes to 14min/gm

So Dalembert-Acy-Smith are only going to log 14min/gm

Sorry the math doesn't add up, you can't argue numbers

I think there will be some flex to minutes and games played. There will be DNP's for rest days. There will be minor injuries. Fish will cut minutes if a player is not doing well or increase if they're hot. Really not important how many minutes each will get. Only important how well the team plays.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/24/2014  10:12 PM
Quincy Acy our Dennis Rodman. Start him over Jason Smith
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/24/2014  10:26 PM
Looks like Jason smith and shump.
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2014  10:26 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Quincy Acy our Dennis Rodman. Start him over Jason Smith

I think Wally was right when he said he is best suited for coming off the bench. I do think Acy shoud get 25 minutes a night.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nychamp
Member: #2556

10/24/2014  11:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2014  12:41 AM
I think it's clear that the lineups will be:

G Calderon
G Shumpert
SF Melo
PF Jason Smith
C Dalembert

2nd team:

G Pablo/Larkin
G Hardaway, Jr.
SF JR Smith
PF Acy
C Stat

With a lot of cross pollination as Fisher will transition players one or two at a time.

I think they want to pair Acy with Stat, given Amare's big shortcomings on defense and rebounding. They will focus on getting Amare off offensively when he's out there. They'll experiment with Amare and Melo together for stretches. With the Pablo/Larkin, I can see Pablo getting more time early in the season and Larkin earning bigger minutes if he plays well. Pablo has been superior and steady in the preseason, but Larkin obviously has the bigger upside if he can improve, as right now he is a bit of a mess but showing signs.

Jason Smith starts initially because he is the best big moving the ball and executing the offense. But I think they must keep an eye on his defense. He is active, but sometimes it seemed just a going-thru-the-motions scenario, "contesting" a penetrator or a shot. It reminded me of David Lee, and I say that in a bad way. Acy could wind up the starter if his shot is falling consistently and Smith isn't impressing. Smith was targeted in the last two games by opposing bigs and drivers, much like Lee was throughout his Knick tenure.

Overall I am feeling optimistic and excited about the possibilities. The Knicks are deep and if one or two players go down at various positions, they have solid options waiting in the wings. I love what I see from Fisher so far. Can't wait for the season.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/25/2014  11:49 AM
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:I figured Jason would be the guy cuz he actually is the closest thing to Bargs in terms of making teams pay for trying to double Melo. His midrange jumper is solid and he's got size. He can't put the ball on the floor like Bargs but that isn't the end of the world in this offense. It gives the SL a good mix of D and O. If Bargs was healthy I believe he would've started, but Jason is the next best thing IMO. He won't crowd Melo. STAT is perfect off the bench in this scenario.

Phil isn't coaching....but it's stil possible for Amare to flirt with 30-32 minutes in a bench role.

Fisher has a tough job but he's relying on his coaching staff to help him figure that out.

U take Amare off the table completely on some nights. Your right it doesnt add up. Fishers job wont be easy a lot of players that are around the same talent wise.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  12:58 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

U take Amare off the table completely on some nights. Your right it doesnt add up. Fishers job wont be easy a lot of players that are around the same talent wise.

In the past that problem has solved itself. Dalembert is probably a 22-26 minute a night player. Bargs, Smith and Amare have horrible injury histories. I think it maybe the rare occasion where all three are ready and able to play on game day. Acy will give you 100% no matter the minutes. He may see some fluctuation in his role but he said he didn't come to NY expecting to start.
In regards to Bargs, is he turning into what Eddy Curry was for Walsh? What has to happen for the guy to stay on the court? Playing with Calderon in the triangle should revive his career if it is capable of being revived.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
babyKnicks
USA
10/29/2014  7:51 PM
Amare gets the nod. :-)
gunsnewing
USA
10/29/2014  7:53 PM
babyKnicks wrote:Amare gets the nod. :-)

Seems like he forced Fisher's hand. Not happy about this

either way now is the time for Amare to put up or shut up

babyKnicks
USA
10/30/2014  12:47 AM
Looks like he put up.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2014  9:40 AM
Well, I may not be right about 82-0, but I picked the Whineman to start.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2014  12:47 PM
babyKnicks wrote:Looks like he put up.

yea and these guys pining for Qunicy and Smith got a nice taste of just how bad they are. Amare is better then them in every way. Taj Gibson looked like Karl Malone last night against them. Let see how those guys look tonight. They are scrubs. This board loves to root for scrubs.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  2:06 PM
fishmike wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:Looks like he put up.

yea and these guys pining for Qunicy and Smith got a nice taste of just how bad they are. Amare is better then them in every way. Taj Gibson looked like Karl Malone last night against them. Let see how those guys look tonight. They are scrubs. This board loves to root for scrubs.

Amare played well. What about Melo?

One of them has to go to the bench and it's not going to be melo.

MELO needs space and about 20secs to operate

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/30/2014  2:27 PM
The problem in the starting 5 is brick city shump it's one thing if shump was a seven foot center.. But your starting 2 guard can't hit a open shot to save his life... With amare and melo getting double teamed all game . we need our pg and sg to hit open shots to win.. Jose,thjr,melo,amare,cole
gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  2:33 PM
What about defense? Shump was in Rose's head in th 1st quarter. THJ is like JR they are streaky. What happens when they are off? At least you get defense with Shumpert and he doesn't jack up double digit shots to shoot out of a game
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/30/2014  2:36 PM
gunsnewing wrote:What about defense? Shump was in Rose's head in th 1st quarter. THJ is like JR they are streaky. What happens when they are off? At least you get defense with Shumpert and he doesn't jack up double digit shots to shoot out of a game

Ill give you that. Shump is better to have on the floor then those streaky chuckers.

How sad is that for the state of our "shooting" guard position? VERY BLOODY SAD

so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  2:46 PM
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:What about defense? Shump was in Rose's head in th 1st quarter. THJ is like JR they are streaky. What happens when they are off? At least you get defense with Shumpert and he doesn't jack up double digit shots to shoot out of a game

Ill give you that. Shump is better to have on the floor then those streaky chuckers.

That's why your boy Kobe is coming

mreinman
Member: #3189

10/30/2014  2:58 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That's why your boy Kobe is coming

maybe I should change my mind. I would love to have a "hate guy" to blame.

win win

so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
USA
10/30/2014  3:00 PM
Come on man there are plenty of guys to hate on this team. Lighten up!
Who's your starting 5?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy