[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Knicks v Bucks tonight
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/21/2014  8:36 AM
This year is gonna be up and down. Personally id rather develop some youth, get our new system in place, and then get a decent draft pick in the draft. Next ear we will ave cap space to add better talent and contend
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/21/2014  8:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

I said starting Amare would be interesting....

Come on, Amare was not the culprit out there. Our perimeter defense scks. Quincy mad dog I cant hit a 12 footer to save my life is no lock down defender either is Shumpert and Larkin is an absolute disaster area. Amare was 1 of 2 + players tonight.

The first quarter sets the tone, they gave up 32 points and they were NOT all threes. bringing up +/- minus is boxscore talk. Amare was individually good...the Knicks were trading baskets at best with him out there. There was no tone set. Starting Amare set the precedent of not defending....and thats exactly what happened.

Team defense was bad all night--I wont single one guy out.

Sit Quincy Acy and Shane Larkin. Quincy if you're going to be a mad dog you actually need to pull down more than 4 rebounds and hit a 12 footer. Larkin---save that money brother.

this. The guaranteed minutes Acy and Larkin are getting despite limited production is frustrating. Not sure the upside Phil/Fish are looking for is there.

Umm Calderon got hurt in the first few minutes of the game so Fish was forced to play Larkin

And I don't understand what you expect from Acy. He didn't play much as Fish was taking a look at Amare, wear & JR this particular game

Dalembert, acy, MELO, Shumpert & calderon has been our best lineup when you consider every aspect of the game:
Health
Defense
Triangulation
Rebounds
Shooting
Cohesion
MELO looked comfortable
SHUMPERT looked comfortable

Someone mentioned esrlier today was Yolo. A complete cluster**** for 48mins which began with starting Amare and calderon getting hurt

gunsnewing
USA
10/21/2014  8:57 AM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Come on, Amare was not the culprit out there. Our perimeter defense scks. Quincy mad dog I cant hit a 12 footer to save my life is no lock down defender either is Shumpert and Larkin is an absolute disaster area. Amare was 1 of 2 + players tonight.

The first quarter sets the tone, they gave up 32 points and they were NOT all threes. bringing up +/- minus is boxscore talk. Amare was individually good...the Knicks were trading baskets at best with him out there. There was no tone set. Starting Amare set the precedent of not defending....and thats exactly what happened.

Sit Quincy Acy and Shane Larkin. Quincy if you're going to be a mad dog you actually need to pull down more than 4 rebounds and hit a 12 footer. Larkin---save that money brother.

this. The guaranteed minutes Acy and Larkin are getting despite limited production is frustrating. Not sure the upside Phil/Fish are looking for is there.

Larkin played because calderon got injured and Pablo is just plain old, but Larkin doesnt belong in this type of offense. Acy has been the only consistent forward in the role they have....no one else has even contributed positively in the forward role....and that includes Melo.

It's gonna be a long season if the blame game is centered around min wage reserves.

What else is new?

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/21/2014  2:59 PM
At this point, I'd say Amar'e plays better as a starter, and doesn't seem to panic and force shots as much as when he comes off the bench. Why not try:

C- Dalembert
PF- Amar'e
SF- Melo
SG- Shump
PG- Calderon

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/21/2014  3:33 PM
The only solution now is to bring Melo off the bench.

Develop everyone else.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2014  4:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:At this point, I'd say Amar'e plays better as a starter, and doesn't seem to panic and force shots as much as when he comes off the bench. Why not try:

C- Dalembert
PF- Amar'e
SF- Melo
SG- Shump
PG- Calderon

I think thats the starting frontcourt for sure

Shumps at the starting 2 Im not sold on. Will see

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/21/2014  4:17 PM
I can't imagine how Amare can start or even play at all in the triangle (or any real system) if he refuses to ever pass the DAMN BALL.

Its utterly disgusting to watch his selfish and/or stupid azz

so here is what phil is thinking ....
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/21/2014  5:14 PM
We had 27 more shot attempts(94) then the Bucks(67). Shot 90% from the line in 23 attempts. Had 26 ast and only 11 turnovers. Yet still lost the game Smh.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/21/2014  5:14 PM
Also what's the update with Calderon?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Splat

10/21/2014  5:56 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:We had 27 more shot attempts(94) then the Bucks(67). Shot 90% from the line in 23 attempts. Had 26 ast and only 11 turnovers. Yet still lost the game Smh.

Deeeeee-Fense!

Tonight against the Wizards is going to be even more thrilling.

Enjoy watching John Wall drive the lane, set up a beach lounger in the paint, sip a Margarita, then lay the ball in.

Splat

10/21/2014  6:00 PM
Only truly positive takeaway from last night's atrocious game was Travis Wear is a good player. If he is not kept on this squad, then something is rotten in Denmark.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/21/2014  6:34 PM
Splat wrote:Only truly positive takeaway from last night's atrocious game was Travis Wear is a good player. If he is not kept on this squad, then something is rotten in Denmark.

Wear very well could be this years ike Diogu

Splat

10/21/2014  6:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2014  6:48 PM
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:Only truly positive takeaway from last night's atrocious game was Travis Wear is a good player. If he is not kept on this squad, then something is rotten in Denmark.

That would cause me to tune out. All I crave is well played hoops. Wear knows how to play. We have very few players who do. I was resigned to not winning anything anytime soon, but after last night I got the message that this club is going to be one of the bottom five defensive teams in the league. We can score in stretches, but we can't outscore for the length of a whole game 9 times out of 10. So this is going to be pretty ugly for a while. And maybe unwatchable. All the triangular cohesion in the world on offense still won't mean a damn without defense. We have almost no perimeter defenders and if Shump spazzes out, we have none. Sam is our only frontline defender of any merit and he's not a 35 minute player. This team is pretty much phucked.

Splat

10/21/2014  6:54 PM
I would not be surprised at all if Thannasis is brought up from Westchester mid-season after some roster moves. He is the only potential beast we might have to look forward to so far.

Or they just may wait until next season to bring him in with a fresh training camp if we are lottery bound by the All-Star break.

I would not put it past Phil to tank if we are stinking up the joint, so if we go 12-28 the first half of the season his gears will be spinning well past this season already.

We don't likely have any kind of shot at being a .500 club, so I don't see the playoffs as likely this year.

Splat

10/21/2014  6:57 PM
Melo got paid though. Bully for him.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2014  7:01 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Larkin played because calderon got injured and Pablo is just plain old, but Larkin doesnt belong in this type of offense. Acy has been the only consistent forward in the role they have....no one else has even contributed positively in the forward role....and that includes Melo.

It's gonna be a long season if the blame game is centered around min wage reserves.

What else is new?

I responded to Knickscity on the previous page and I did watch the game. Larkin pretty much got his regular minutes. He played more in the previous game. He seems to be penciled in for 20+ minutes a night and I am just not seeing the upside other than he is young. I would love for him to do well but I am not seeing anything from him yet. Not sure why the quote didn't include my resonse to knickscity. Also, if I am missing something with Larkin please point it out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
10/21/2014  7:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

What else is new?

I responded to Knickscity on the previous page and I did watch the game. Larkin pretty much got his regular minutes. He played more in the previous game. He seems to be penciled in for 20+ minutes a night and I am just not seeing the upside other than he is young. I would love for him to do well but I am not seeing anything from him yet. Not sure why the quote didn't include my resonse to knickscity. Also, if I am missing something with Larkin please point it out.

I agree with you about Larkin. Disagree about ACY. Knickscity summed him up pretty good

knickscity
USA
10/21/2014  7:04 PM
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:

That would cause me to tune out. All I crave is well played hoops. Wear knows how to play. We have very few players who do. I was resigned to not winning anything anytime soon, but after last night I got the message that this club is going to be one of the bottom five defensive teams in the league. We can score in stretches, but we can't outscore for the length of a whole game 9 times out of 10. So this is going to be pretty ugly for a while. And maybe unwatchable. All the triangular cohesion in the world on offense still won't mean a damn without defense. We have almost no perimeter defenders and if Shump spazzes out, we have none. Sam is our only frontline defender of any merit and he's not a 35 minute player. This team is pretty much phucked.

It very well might happen though. Unless there is a trade, Phil is gonna have to eat a contract, and I cant say he'll be willing to do that. Does he eats a vets contract, which may send bad vibes to free agents seeing the Knicks waived a player for an unknown player? Phil would be taking a major risk there. Outlaw likely being a candidate.. even though he looks awful is actually the only legit SF in a backup role. Phil needs to make a deal to clear the roster spot....waiving anyone is not a good move.
knickscity
USA
10/21/2014  7:12 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

What else is new?

I agree with you about Larkin. Disagree about ACY. Knickscity summed him up pretty good

Thanks, I honestly cant see a legit defense against Acy having earned minutes....he clearly has. Whether he starts or comes off the bench..he's earned the right to play. his actual play has earned that.
Gamethread: Knicks v Bucks tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy