6/2/2004  9:01 PM
wow, I'm 100% with briggs for once

Ditto
AUTOADVERT
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
6/2/2004  11:43 PM
Walker is a bad fit. We don't need him and his thirty footers. We don't need his turnovers. We can do much better in the offseason. Ship Kurt out and get a better power forward, ie, Rasheed, or Dampier, or even someone like Troy Murphy, but I doubt if he would bring Murphy in for various reasons. Maybe Etan Thomas down in DC. He seemed to like playing in the Garden when he had his best games against the Knicks.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/3/2004  8:59 AM
if the choice is between antoine walker and shareef - then i choose NONE OF THE ABOVE.

why not just go into next season with the same and HEALTHY roster. we're a 45 win team with a healthy h20 and tim for an entire season. nazr at center is ok in the east and if sweets develops as well as frnak, then we'll be ok. we can concentrate on making a move at the deadline when expiring deals are even more valuable (and we have $10 mil worth of them, deke + othella + cezary).

what is this obsession to go out and get this "star" type player who's really not the player that's going to put us over the hump. are antoine or reef really going to take us the finals? personally, i don't think so. are they both scrubs - no but i would rather wait and play it out with our current roster and make a deal later as opposed to bringing in one of these guys right now.
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
6/3/2004  9:03 AM
Walker would be a GREAT fit with with MARBURY. Stephon 's best move is the pick & roll so u need someone who can do it with him and after rasheed what 4 would play the PICK & ROLL better, not many. Ya he's not a great defender but abdur-rahim is a worse defender & i think that sometime with aguire would do walker a ton of good. & again 4 those who say we should trade 4 someone else, who r the knicks gonna trade 4 that is better than walker. the only way 4 us to get dampier is with the mid-level i really dought a sign & trade can be worked out 4 him, & just forget bout the knicks gettin sheed cause they won't. I think the purposed walker deal is much more likely to go down than the abdur-rahim deal cause the knicks will probably get out bid there. This deal we have stuff the mavs would take. Also just imagine a knicks team with a starting line-up of marbury, houston, TT, walker, & dampier or Blount for our mid-level. That would be nice.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/3/2004  9:09 AM
i have a question. let's say sweets develops even more this offseason. how much better is roster A than roster B?

A.
marbury
h20
tim
walker or reef
nazr

B.
marbury
h20
tim
sweets/kurt
nazr

[Edited by - djsunyc on 06/03/2004 09:09:44]

[Edited by - djsunyc on 06/03/2004 09:10:02]

[Edited by - djsunyc on 06/03/2004 09:10:30]
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
6/3/2004  9:16 AM
ya, i do see ur point and undrstand what u r sayin. I wouldn't be mad at all if isiah went the patient route and kept this team 2gether but i don't think a walker deal would be bad either. if we kept this team and added throught the draft & with the mid-level id do think this team could win 44-48 mabe even 50 games depending on how good sweetney gets. good post djsunyc.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/3/2004  10:20 AM
That is the reason why to avoid this problem Isia will have to trade Kurt Thomas. Supposed that we were to trade for Antoine's expiring contract, we wouldn't be obligated to re-sign him. He is a big name player that still have lots of value around the league, specially if he was to come to N.Y and perform. Worst comes worst, we could always turn around and ship him somewhere else as an expiring contract for a true PF/C. The one big man I really will want to see in N.Y is Illguskas. We all know that this guy can score, but his defensive liabilities can be helped with Sweet or Naser.
The true Knickabocker..........
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/3/2004  12:10 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Walker is talented but I don't want a guy who is 6'9" playing out on the perimeter, shooting 3s, and bringing the ball up. That's why they got Marbury. I'd take Abdur-Rahim over him b/c at least he has a semblance of a post game. Walker, in my mind, isn't a very good option.

And Briggs and the others who harp about the ending contracts, it hurts a team like Dallas if they lose Walker for nothing. An ending contract on a team with $70 million still committed in 2008 means you just lose a player you gave up a fair amount to get, so you have to move him, b/c you can't replace a player of Walker's caliber with the MLE. So a guy like Walker on a team like Dallas needs to be moved or they just lose him for nothing.

I agree with everything here. That's like the Knicks trading Houston for ending contracts.....that would not help at all unless we do the same with TT ,Marbury and Penny.

That's why I gave up on Dallas. I was all for trading for Walker or Jaimison but Cuban is no fool. Walker makes no sense especially since we have Marbury...and Jaimison is a proven scorer but if you wanna talk soft......I would rather get Shareef if that's the case.

I think all signs point to the Knicks trading for Shareef. Portland is looking at getting way below the cap after next year already and if they get Cezary Trybanski, Mutombo and Othella they really would be below the cap...practically at zero but still be a playoff calibur team.

With Shareef, TT, Marbury, a Healthy Houston and maybe Dampier....the Knicks would be fine.

Sweetney would still be around with Penny, Frank, DeMarr and whoever the Knicks pick up in the draft.

All of that is Plan A for me but plans never work out the way you say it.

[Edited by - enyspree on 06/03/2004 12:26:25]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/3/2004  7:42 PM
Walker's days of chucking up too many 3s ended when he left Boston and came to Dallas in the best shape of his life. I get the impression a lot of you Walker critics didn't watch one Mavs game this year.

A.
marbury
h20
tim
walker or reef
nazr

B.
marbury
h20
tim
sweets/kurt
nazr

I prefer option C with Walker, Tim, and Mike on the team and Mike getting about 24 or more mpg off the bench
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/3/2004  8:04 PM
Bonn1997 Walker's days of chucking up too many 3s ended when he left Boston and came to Dallas in the best shape of his life. I get the impression a lot of you Walker critics didn't watch one Mavs game this year.

Walker still dominates the ball too much, takes stupid shots, and misses very easy shots (layups, putbacks, etc). That being said, he's still a better player than KT and you have to ask, do you take the chance that the team defense will improve and take the better player, or do you keep KT because you know the team D won't improve and they'll get absolutely lit up.

It's an interesting question. I'd rather have Abdur-Rahim over Antoine, because he's more of a pure 4, and if the trade didn't work out the chances of dealing him at the deadline since he is an expiring contract is probable. I think it's worth the risk even though I don't particularly like either player.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
USA
6/3/2004  8:07 PM
He's a good ball-handler and gets a ton of assists for a PF. I like it when he has the ball in his hands making decisions.

Anyone notice how the Celtics fell apart "coincidentally" right after they traded him?
BigSm00th
USA
6/3/2004  8:18 PM
Well they fell apart b/c they got nothing in return because LaFrentz was hurt the whole year.

He's great to have on your team if you don't have a PG, but when you have Marbury who dominates the ball, and rightfully so, he's a true PG who averages 9 assists a game, its a recipe for disaster.

When I watch Toine he'd often wind up just dribbling non-stop around the 3 point line and then either a) turning it over, b) forcing a bad shot after attempting to break his defender down, or c) launching a 3. Sometimes b and c went in, but it's never really pretty or effective.
#Knickstaps
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/3/2004  8:36 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Well they fell apart b/c they got nothing in return because LaFrentz was hurt the whole year.

He's great to have on your team if you don't have a PG, but when you have Marbury who dominates the ball, and rightfully so, he's a true PG who averages 9 assists a game, its a recipe for disaster.

When I watch Toine he'd often wind up just dribbling non-stop around the 3 point line and then either a) turning it over, b) forcing a bad shot after attempting to break his defender down, or c) launching a 3. Sometimes b and c went in, but it's never really pretty or effective.
usually c. he's a chucka.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/3/2004  11:45 PM
Try this trade if Steph does not work out. Pick up Rafer Alston as replacement. Everybody makes out

NY trades: KT & Steph
NY gets: Antoine Walker + Juwan Howard + Josh Howard

Dallas trades: Josh Howard + Danny Forston + Antoine Walker
Dallas gets: CWebb + Pat Garrity

Sactown trades: CWebb+ Brad Miller
Sactown gets: T-MAC + Danny Forston + Kurt Thomas

Magic trades: T-MAC + Pat Garrity + Juwan Howard
Magic gets: Steph & Brad Miller

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
USA
6/4/2004  12:43 AM
Why are we questioning whether Steph will work out? He's been one of the most consistent 20/8 players year in and year out in the NBA. He just needs more help.
BigSm00th
USA
6/4/2004  12:47 AM
Haha yeah, I'm with Bonn here. Marbury isn't the problem, the rest of the Knicks are.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/4/2004  4:16 AM
I'd like to see marb play with houston and TT for a while so taht we could assess exactly what we have, and what we need.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/5/2004  8:06 PM
i would'nt take walker or juwan howard if you gave them to us. steph stays.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/5/2004  9:39 PM
Before anybody starts complaining about Steph not being the problem, I agree, no one ever mentioned he was. This does not exclude Steph from being traded
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
simrud
Member: #474
USA
6/5/2004  10:59 PM
So let me get this straight, you trade Marbury and Thomas for Walker, Howard and Josh Howard? Are you Scott Layden?????
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Antoine Walker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy