[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Antoine Walker
Author Thread
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
6/2/2004  9:23 AM
According to the Dallas morning news even if he is on the mavs next year he will come off the bench. Clearly the mavs already have way too much offense & according to the article r looking 4 size, defense, & to add by subtraction, sililar to what the cavs did with R. davis. I think 4 a package containg guys like Mutombo, Kurt, etc...Dallas might be interested. The deal fits what they r looking for since all tey need is a starting center who would only need to play 15-20 min a game. Kurt could bac up at the 4 which would also help them.

just throwen it out there
thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/2/2004  9:25 AM
walker is expensive and wouldn't bring imo anything we need.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/2/2004  9:41 AM
He is expensive, but he comes off the books in a year. This is a good thing. Also, if we can get rid of Shandon it would be excellent!

A trade of Shandon, KT and Othella for Walker works. Trade ID number 1625582.

If not then getting rid of Moochie would also be good.

KT, Deke and Moochie for Walker. Trade ID number 1625590.

If we can get rid of either contracts and as long as the only key for them is KT then I think it is a good deal.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
6/2/2004  10:21 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

He is expensive, but he comes off the books in a year. This is a good thing. Also, if we can get rid of Shandon it would be excellent!

If we can get rid of either contracts and as long as the only key for them is KT then I think it is a good deal.
The trade may work accordding to realGM,but the real owner Mark Cuban ain't going for it.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/2/2004  10:32 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

If the Knicks could trade away expiring contract for Anderson I wouldn't mind, but for Kurt, Moochie, and etc I would hesitate. Having 3 solid PGs on the team is a good thing - all it takes is an injury to Marb or Frank and the team is hosed.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
USA
6/2/2004  10:42 AM
You really think Moochie is a sold PG? I think we can get by with FWill and Penny at backup PG.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/2/2004  10:44 AM
these ideas are so incredible. WHy would a team take on 75MILLION in salaries for junk players for a guy with an ending contract who happens to be the best player in the deal anyway?????? dont you think about that?

we have 000000000 for any player with an ending contract with talent--with what we have left WE ARE the team that will likely be forced to take on something that we dont want or need, the problem is you can only do that so much.

RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
USA
6/2/2004  10:48 AM
Posted by spreeeewell:

The trade may work accordding to realGM,but the real owner Mark Cuban ain't going for it.

I am only going by what NYKFan1 has stated in the The Dallas Morning News in that they want to add by subtraction. If Cuban is actually adding KT into their mix, why not?

Dallas needs a change. Same with Sacramento. They cannot just stay status quo. Their window is closing fast and they want to try 1 more time before breaking their nucleus up.
NYKBocker
USA
6/2/2004  10:51 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

these ideas are so incredible. WHy would a team take on 75MILLION in salaries for junk players for a guy with an ending contract who happens to be the best player in the deal anyway?????? dont you think about that?

we have 000000000 for any player with an ending contract with talent--with what we have left WE ARE the team that will likely be forced to take on something that we dont want or need, the problem is you can only do that so much.

Tell me. Who else would trade for Walker?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/2/2004  10:55 AM
not only that but in an interview with cuban yesterday on fox sporst (I, Max), he said he's going to leave antoine unprotected in the expansion draft. so if we want toine, then we're going to have to get it from cuban b/c if charlotte drafts him (and they probably will), they are going to want younger players in return as opposed to cuban who may take kurt and deke.

whatever the case, getting walker is pretty unlikely.
BRIGGS
6/2/2004  10:57 AM
options-expansion draft
do nothing let the salary run out
situation where a team would be willing to give you top flight talent--like marbury or jamison for ending contract for cap space

thats it if im dallas i dont care if i get nothing for walker i already have jamison and nowitski who play 4.
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
USA
6/2/2004  11:07 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

options-expansion draft
do nothing let the salary run out
situation where a team would be willing to give you top flight talent--like marbury or jamison for ending contract for cap space

thats it if im dallas i dont care if i get nothing for walker i already have jamison and nowitski who play 4.

You don't think adding KT to that team would get them over the hump?

Dallas Lineup
C-KT
PF-Nowitzki
SF-Jamison
SG-Finley
PG-Nash(If he signs)

With this lineup, they will have their post defender. A guy who can draw Shaq away from the basket with his medium range jumpers. A guy who can rebound. KT is the perfect complimentary player. I only want him gone because we need help at other positions and he is our only true commodity outside of Marbury. Due to salary cap, he is the only player we can get with equal value.

I can see him going in the expansion draft.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/2/2004  11:33 AM
wow, I'm 100% with briggs for once, as I clearly don't understand why cuban would trade an expiring contracts for bad players with bad contracts.

KT is a good guy to have off the bench, not a starting center material in the west. Wake up.
NYKBocker
USA
6/2/2004  11:51 AM
OK. Let's look at the starting centers in the west.

Dallas - Shawn Bradley
Denver - Camby
GS - Eschemeyer (Dampier is almost gone!)
Houston - Ming
LAC - Kaman
LAL - Shaq
Memphis - Jake Tsakadilis
Minn - Ervin Johnson
PHX - Voskuhl
POR - Ratliff
SAC - Miller
SA - Nesterovic
SEA - Booth/Potapenko/Jerom James
Utah - Borchardt

Aside from Shaq, Yao and Camby, who exactly is going to dominate KT in the C position? Ratliff is a defensive guy.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/2/2004  1:02 PM
Dude, it's not just Shaq, Camby and Yao. Don't forget Brad Miller, Ratliff, the promising Kaman, Potompenko (KT can't guard really tall guys for his life!) and even Curtis Borchardt, who can be respectable. And don't forget the millions upon millions of power fowards, in the West, who can take the center position at any given moment. You don't think they are gonna ask Kurt to guard TD, KG, and C-Webb? Think again! KT is nothing but a solid player coming off the bench, when he is in the West.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
USA
6/2/2004  1:42 PM
OK. So he should just retire. Or we can only trade him to the East. Or is that not OK as well?

I swear. Everybody is at the extreme around here.

This doesn't take from the fact that Cuban wants to add by subtracting. And if by for some reason he can get a "backup PF" in his quest of addition by subtraction, why wouldn't he do it? If Shandon is too much...offer him another.

It looks like for the Knicks to make a trade we would have to give him the other team everything. This includes the kitchen sink.
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
6/2/2004  5:17 PM
what does everyone think the mavs would want 4 walker or what r other teams gonna give them. This team has all the talent they need and r better after trading walker 4 depth to their bench & defenders like kt, mabe mutombo. Kurt is not an amazing defender who can shut down western confrence big guys but he is better than anything they have and his contract is reasonable, plus donnie nelson loves him. I think Deke could also be effective there since he would only need to play bout 15-20 min on the MAVS. Again they r adding by subracting , they r also so over the cap that a it doesn't really make a difference as long as the player they r getting can do what they want(play defense). When u look at the situation the knicks r giving them more in these supposed deals than anyone else cause how many teams wan't walker. good post NYKbocker.
QnzKnixFan
Member: #373
USA
6/2/2004  7:01 PM
Antoine Walker would be a good fit with Stephon Marbury and Tim Thomas. I know he's played out of control at times, but you cannot turn down a 28 year old 20/8/4 player. Walker is a complete basketball player. I would hope with the the proper coaching of Lenny Wilkens and Mark Aguirre, Walker might accept to play Larry Johnson's role. Also, he could play some Point Forward and allow Marbury to play off the ball as a scorer. Walker can also rebound and is a decent defender. Imagine trying to defend a Walker/Marbury pick and roll with T.Thomas and H20 on each wing.

How about K.Thomas, Dikembe Mutombo, Shandon Anderson for Walker and Shawn Bradley.

It's obvious the Mavs need a change of style. That run and gun crap and playing no defense hasn't gotten them anywhere. They have too many Stars, too many scorers imo and not enough role players. K.Thomas would be good for them. He can be their Brad Miller doing all the little things. Deke is still valuable against Shaquille O'Neal and Tim Duncan. And Anderson gives them a decent perimeter defender, something they don't have. We also take Bradley's huge contract.
QnzKnixFan
BRIGGS
6/2/2004  7:40 PM
same thing dude. they are not taking on 25mm+$ in contracts just to have KT it's ludicrous.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/2/2004  8:43 PM
What about the Knicks interior defense? You go on and on about adding all these great defensive players for the Mavs, who's playing D for the Knicks?

Walker is talented but I don't want a guy who is 6'9" playing out on the perimeter, shooting 3s, and bringing the ball up. That's why they got Marbury. I'd take Abdur-Rahim over him b/c at least he has a semblance of a post game. Walker, in my mind, isn't a very good option.

And Briggs and the others who harp about the ending contracts, it hurts a team like Dallas if they lose Walker for nothing. An ending contract on a team with $70 million still committed in 2008 means you just lose a player you gave up a fair amount to get, so you have to move him, b/c you can't replace a player of Walker's caliber with the MLE. So a guy like Walker on a team like Dallas needs to be moved or they just lose him for nothing.
#Knickstaps
Antoine Walker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy