[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes or No. Is It Time To Cut Bait On Andrea Bargnani?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2014  3:39 PM
if it helps you aquire a young player whom you expect to be a large part of your rotation for years to come I will listen. Lowry would fall into that category and that trade wasnt a no brainer by any stretch.

Keep the picks and start building talent. Knicks need to add guys EVERY year, not every 3. There is a reason we have one guy in the top 100. This roster lacks talent.

But lets not argue apples and oranges. Whats the trade you want to make that would include a pick? Throw it out there.

Pacers were in the conf finals last year. They are an injury away from being one of the worst teams in the east at this point. Imagine if they had traded their #1 for this year with no protection! Can easily set you back years. Not having Aldridge has set us back years. Thats just one example. Giving away pics doesnt work in this league.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

10/21/2014  3:51 PM
fishmike wrote:if it helps you aquire a young player whom you expect to be a large part of your rotation for years to come I will listen. Lowry would fall into that category and that trade wasnt a no brainer by any stretch.

Keep the picks and start building talent. Knicks need to add guys EVERY year, not every 3. There is a reason we have one guy in the top 100. This roster lacks talent.

But lets not argue apples and oranges. Whats the trade you want to make that would include a pick? Throw it out there.

Pacers were in the conf finals last year. They are an injury away from being one of the worst teams in the east at this point. Imagine if they had traded their #1 for this year with no protection! Can easily set you back years. Not having Aldridge has set us back years. Thats just one example. Giving away pics doesnt work in this league.

Did I say the pick had to be unprotected?

Bird did probably worse

He traded Gerald Green, Mason Plumlee, 20141st protected

For Luis Scola, the only thing saving Bird

Scola's contract wasn't albatross

I'm probably more irritated at the Green, Plumlee, giveaway than the pick

But understood as the Pacers were in contention

Had they made their 2014 selection this summer

That pick puts them no more over the top

Than where they were had George not got injured

Now turn that same pick into a 2017 pick

Hard to say depends on what transpires with George's injury in the mix

We do have picks in 2015 and 2017, we aren't factoring key

Injuries to best players are we

What's key for us is the change in future cap

It's been said we shouldn't be building yr after yr with picks

If you're in full rebuild mode yes it's applicable

But we aren't and surely won't be shouldn't be by 2018

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2014  3:55 PM
you just ignored the two key points. 1) you have no idea what 2018 brings and 2) nobody wants bargs. Whats your trade? Throw it out there. Whos the player your targeting for Bargs?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/21/2014  5:05 PM
Phil is hoping to give Bargs every opportunity to shine this year. That's why they're babying him so far. If he has an ingrown toenail they're gonna sit him. When he actually plays they have to look at the facts. When he played last year he avg'd 13.3 ppg on 12 FGA, when the offense was complete garbage and didn't fit Bargs at all. They have to figure they can do much better than that. If they're right it would presume Bargs might be able to score 16-18 ppg with a healthy number of midrange shots in the range of 13-16 FGA a game. It's worth a shot. It's not like they have something to lose giving this a shot. Bargs value can't get any lower and it's very likely he'll do well in this system. He'll be 29 yr old 7'er that Phil rehabilitated which is better than his value is currently. A trade would look a little better for a team to take on his expiring contract if he's also at least a useful big.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/21/2014  5:18 PM
Best time to move Bargs is at the deadline to a team willing to pay the remaining 6mil on is contract hoping he can provide some needed scoring for half a season and playoffs.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
10/21/2014  7:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2014  7:28 PM
Bargnani and Darko Milicic share a trait that bothers The Answer Man. They both seem disengaged from the rest of the team. Something just does not feel right. Cannot nail it exactly because words sometimes cannot explain the distance. Other that Calderon, who he shares background with, what players have ever mentioned Bargnani in anything but the standard vague descriptions?

Nothing personal. Some guys just never connect with their teammates, or fans for that matter. Players like this are not embraced, they are tolerated.

Talent and potential can only provide a player the opportunity. I could care less about where he was drafted. Think of it this way... no-body heard of Greg Mahorn, Anthony Mason or Charles Oakley in college. They scrapped their way to the NBA... and stuck around long enough, on sheer determination, to carve out decent careers.

In the immortal words of Mike Singletary, "I want winners."

once a knick always a knick
Splat
Member: #5862

10/21/2014  7:33 PM
This club badly needs a player like Anthony Mason now. He was a flat out badazz MF.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
callmened
Member: #4234

10/21/2014  8:18 PM
i cant stand Garbani. i think hes soft and any team that has him on his roster should be laughed at (let alone trade 3 picks and 2 players for). Hes a symbol of that past regime that made these types of mistakes. can he score? no doubt. but he cant do anything else. plus it looks like hes injury prone. i cant WAIT till hes gone
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
callmened
Member: #4234

10/21/2014  8:19 PM
oops freudian slip! even though i cant stand him, i didnt mean to refer to his name as garbage. no one deserves that.

now lets hope we get rid of him tomorrow

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/22/2014  12:48 PM
cut bait.
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
misterearl
USA
10/22/2014  12:56 PM
Theme From Mase

Splat wrote:He was a flat out badazz ...

Shut yo mouth.

misterearl
USA
10/22/2014  3:16 PM
Speaking of flat out badass

http://deadspin.com/video-finally-surfaces-of-willis-reed-fighting-the-enti-1649175530

Paste this in your browser and Check THIS out

sidsanders
Member: #2426

10/22/2014  3:41 PM
misterearl wrote:Speaking of flat out badass

http://deadspin.com/video-finally-surfaces-of-willis-reed-fighting-the-enti-1649175530

Paste this in your browser and Check THIS out

bwhahahaha...

"so neither Reed or LaRusso were suspended, merely fined $50"

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
Yes or No. Is It Time To Cut Bait On Andrea Bargnani?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy