[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So When Will the Kobe to NYK Rumors Start?
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/18/2014  12:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2014  12:46 AM
The Lakers have looked positively putrid in the preseason and I suspect that this won't change when the regular season starts. They lack any real kind of identity and can't seem to get any kind of rhythm on either side of the court. I think that it's only a matter of time before the Kobe rumors start but I wonder how serious they'd be. Would Kobe want to change teams this late in his career? Could he handle not being "the man"? And more importantly, how well a fit would he be with Melo? What would a potential deal look like? Should we even entertain including Tim Hardaway Jr in the discussions? Discuss...
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/18/2014  1:02 AM
Hopefully never. He's done and there is no way he and Melo will be able to play together consistently.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NardDogNation

10/18/2014  1:42 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Hopefully never. He's done and there is no way he and Melo will be able to play together consistently.

Have you actually been watching him play? Dude is still scoring at will. I was in awe of his athleticism in spite of that achilles injury.

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/18/2014  2:59 AM
Never
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/18/2014  4:26 AM
He looks like he didn't just come off of having major surgery.

Kobe would Have to want to be traded and I can't see him going anywhere but the Knicks. The Lakers do have a TV network and they would like for kobe to brake Jabar scoring record... but kobe isn't going to live forever. 2 more years of losing basketball with our without kobe. They need a hard rebuild. They aren't going to pull free agents to play with kobe.

Kobe knows the triangle and Melo is like a little brother to him. I feel it's a trade that would make the Knicks contenders. Kobe and Melo in the triangle would be pretty awesome.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Splat

10/18/2014  4:42 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Lakers have looked positively putrid in the preseason and I suspect that this won't change when the regular season starts. They lack any real kind of identity and can't seem to get any kind of rhythm on either side of the court. I think that it's only a matter of time before the Kobe rumors start but I wonder how serious they'd be. Would Kobe want to change teams this late in his career? Could he handle not being "the man"? And more importantly, how well a fit would he be with Melo? What would a potential deal look like? Should we even entertain including Tim Hardaway Jr in the discussions? Discuss...

The Lakers, like the Knicks, have to support a TV network. Kobe is their featured player and there is an implied marketing value to having Bryant break Jabbar's scoring record in a Lakers jersey.

For the Lakers and Knicks to pull off this kind of trade, it would be like two GMs playing a game of chicken to see who would get fired first ( both would get fired)

In order to get salaries matching, you'd need to move STAT. He has ZERO TRADE VALUE except for the rumored Philly deal to work around the salary floor requirement. The Lakers already have a glut at power forward. Also their top pick, Julius Randle, can only play PF, he has zero ability to shift over to center. They picked up Boozer in amnesty. Unless Kupchak is collecting power forwards like Hot Wheel cars, I don't see it happening.

Besides that, Bryant chasing the Jabbar record means he will be an offensive black hole, even moreso than he has been before. Once you pass him the ball, that's it, no one will ever get it back again. His shot selection is even worse than Melo's. He gives a flying **** about defense even less than Melo. He's coming off a major injury and he's on the wrong side of 30. He's also known to use the media to attack other team mates and trash his franchise/coach/host city. With the rabid NY media, do you want a chucking selfish rapist to poison guys like Early, Larkin, etc like that?

Do you think Fisher wants him? The Lakers traded Fisher and dumped him. You see his best bud Kobe fight hard to keep him? You think Zen Master wants a repeat of a guy subject to TWO BOOKS where he said the guy was pretty much uncoachable.

Kobe Bryant is like a woman who was once a hot chick who is now broken down, fat, got a bunch of stray kids, has bad credit, is bleached out and pumped out, but still wants a good looking rich husband who will treat her like a princess.

Bryant attacks his team mates in public. You have to be a true **** to do some sad pathetic anti team horse**** like that.

Zero basketball value.
Zero value as basically a human being and team leader
Zero fit for a practical trade considering "assets"
Zero incentive for the GM and coach in place, with a history with the guy, to want to deal with him again
Zero incentive by his existing team to jettison the marketing value left in him in a Lakers jersey, despite all his drawbacks

If you shoot 9-36 while freezing out your team mates and then blame them later for losing by 25, but it pumps up your stats and that's enough for you, then you are a **** of a player.

That's the long form version of NEVER.

Splat

10/18/2014  4:45 AM
EnySpree wrote:He looks like he didn't just come off of having major surgery.

Kobe would Have to want to be traded and I can't see him going anywhere but the Knicks. The Lakers do have a TV network and they would like for kobe to brake Jabar scoring record... but kobe isn't going to live forever. 2 more years of losing basketball with our without kobe. They need a hard rebuild. They aren't going to pull free agents to play with kobe.

Kobe knows the triangle and Melo is like a little brother to him. I feel it's a trade that would make the Knicks contenders. Kobe and Melo in the triangle would be pretty awesome.

It would be evil, vile and putrid. A total disaster. Purgatory times ten. Like being given hot coal enemas.

EnySpree

10/18/2014  6:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2014  6:37 AM
Splat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:He looks like he didn't just come off of having major surgery.

It would be evil, vile and putrid. A total disaster. Purgatory times ten. Like being given hot coal enemas.

Or it could be a season and a half of championship caliber basketball for the Knicks

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NardDogNation

10/18/2014  9:43 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Lakers have looked positively putrid in the preseason and I suspect that this won't change when the regular season starts. They lack any real kind of identity and can't seem to get any kind of rhythm on either side of the court. I think that it's only a matter of time before the Kobe rumors start but I wonder how serious they'd be. Would Kobe want to change teams this late in his career? Could he handle not being "the man"? And more importantly, how well a fit would he be with Melo? What would a potential deal look like? Should we even entertain including Tim Hardaway Jr in the discussions? Discuss...

The Lakers, like the Knicks, have to support a TV network. Kobe is their featured player and there is an implied marketing value to having Bryant break Jabbar's scoring record in a Lakers jersey.

For the Lakers and Knicks to pull off this kind of trade, it would be like two GMs playing a game of chicken to see who would get fired first ( both would get fired)

In order to get salaries matching, you'd need to move STAT. He has ZERO TRADE VALUE except for the rumored Philly deal to work around the salary floor requirement. The Lakers already have a glut at power forward. Also their top pick, Julius Randle, can only play PF, he has zero ability to shift over to center. They picked up Boozer in amnesty. Unless Kupchak is collecting power forwards like Hot Wheel cars, I don't see it happening.

Besides that, Bryant chasing the Jabbar record means he will be an offensive black hole, even moreso than he has been before. Once you pass him the ball, that's it, no one will ever get it back again. His shot selection is even worse than Melo's. He gives a flying **** about defense even less than Melo. He's coming off a major injury and he's on the wrong side of 30. He's also known to use the media to attack other team mates and trash his franchise/coach/host city. With the rabid NY media, do you want a chucking selfish rapist to poison guys like Early, Larkin, etc like that?

Do you think Fisher wants him? The Lakers traded Fisher and dumped him. You see his best bud Kobe fight hard to keep him? You think Zen Master wants a repeat of a guy subject to TWO BOOKS where he said the guy was pretty much uncoachable.

Kobe Bryant is like a woman who was once a hot chick who is now broken down, fat, got a bunch of stray kids, has bad credit, is bleached out and pumped out, but still wants a good looking rich husband who will treat her like a princess.

Bryant attacks his team mates in public. You have to be a true **** to do some sad pathetic anti team horse**** like that.

Zero basketball value.
Zero value as basically a human being and team leader
Zero fit for a practical trade considering "assets"
Zero incentive for the GM and coach in place, with a history with the guy, to want to deal with him again
Zero incentive by his existing team to jettison the marketing value left in him in a Lakers jersey, despite all his drawbacks

If you shoot 9-36 while freezing out your team mates and then blame them later for losing by 25, but it pumps up your stats and that's enough for you, then you are a **** of a player.

...5 rings.
1 MVP
All-Star almost every year he's been in the league
8th highest PPG all-time
10th highest PPG in the playoffs...

EnySpree

10/18/2014  10:56 AM
And he's always been a very good and fearless defender.... even in pre season he's going hard. Hate or love him you gotta give respect when is due
NardDogNation

10/18/2014  12:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:And he's always been a very good and fearless defender.... even in pre season he's going hard. Hate or love him you gotta give respect when is due

+1. He'll always have his fair share of haters because he's a douche but his positive impact on a game is unquestionable.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/18/2014  12:57 PM
Sounds like Phil Jackson is posting here under a couple of handles. A lot of vitriol for a guy who helped Phil with 5 rings. Take away Kobe and he has 5 less. Would I take Kobe for Stat Bargnani and Tim Hardaway(as the asset) the answer is YES. By pairing Kobe and Carmelo--it would give us a chance to win now. Its really not a bad idea for both teams.
RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/18/2014  1:02 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
...5 rings.
1 MVP
All-Star almost every year he's been in the league
8th highest PPG all-time
10th highest PPG in the playoffs...

Really? I mean really?

Dennis Eckersley has nearly 200 wins as a starting pitcher. He had over 300 saves in his career.

Hey you know what? The Yankees should sign him!

Wait, he was a Cy Young and MVP together one year right?

Oh, hold on, WHAT HE DID IN THE PAST HAS NO BEARING ON WHETHER HE CAN HELP YOU THIS YEAR?

Crazy talk, right?

Dude, Udonis Haslem has THREE RINGS as a player. Let's get him. We should start counting rings as the first step in getting players to help the Knicks.

Hey buddy, Adam Morrison has TWO RINGS. Dude, why ask if he can help the Knicks this year, let's get him.

Kevin Garnett is a HOF yo, look at that swag bro, he's one of the best players the league has ever seen. Let's get him right now.

Under your logic, the Yankees would still be starting Jorge Posada at catcher. And running David Cone out there.

Bryant has ZERO VALUE to the current Knicks. ZERO. He's on a two year deal, meaning that 2nd year, would choke out any team's cap. Giant NBA contracts on aging/decling players offer a vicious opportunity cost ( think of all the players the Knicks couldn't get in FA, not super stars, but solid role players and rotation guys because STATs contract was like a giant anchor around their neck?)

CAN A PLAYER HELP YOU RIGHT NOW?

For what Bryant would COST in cap space, assets and team chemistry, would that be worth the likely return he can give you RIGHT NOW?

It's not just raw numbers, it's EFFICIENCY. Can Kobe give a new team a whopping 30 points per game? Absolutely. Only by shooting 35 shot attempts a night and freezing out his team mates and having opposing wings blow by him each game. How EFFICIENT IS THAT? Some of you guys just focus on counting stats like points and rebounds and blocked shots like you were in a wind tunnel.

I don't think getting Bryant is the right move for the Knicks but the guys you throw out there don't do much for your argument. Bryant is still a great player. He has looked phenomenal on the court and has the talent to push a team over the top still. Bryant has also been cutting edge in dealing with ailments/injuries. Is he more of a risk because of age and injuries? Absolutely. But he is one of the ultimate competitors in the league. The guy also has two finals mvps. Kobe hasn't looked washed up in the preseason. Far from it from what I have seen. I don't think getting Kobe is the right move for the Knicks but my guess is Kobe is considered a top 10 player this year based on performance. Too bad his team has started rebuilding while keeping him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/18/2014  1:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2014  1:33 PM
C-dalembart
F Melo
F Shumpert
G Kobe
G Calderon

6th man J R Smith
C Cole Aldrich
PF Jason Smith
PG Start with Prigs but look to upgrade.

This team is a legit team. This is likely a better team than any team we will have put together in the next 5 years unless we could get pick 1 -2-3 in this years draft.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/18/2014  1:49 PM
Kobe must have said something bad about Lin.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/18/2014  1:57 PM
Phil isn't trading for giving up assets for Kobe while he's making 25mil a yr and has been injury prone. Unless Kobe comes cheap it ain't happening.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree

10/18/2014  3:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:C-dalembart
F Melo
F Shumpert
G Kobe
G Calderon

6th man J R Smith
C Cole Aldrich
PF Jason Smith
PG Start with Prigs but look to upgrade.

This team is a legit team. This is likely a better team than any team we will have put together in the next 5 years unless we could get pick 1 -2-3 in this years draft.

Melo at the 4 and shump at the 3 isn't winning anything. You stick jason smith in at the 4 with Melo the 3 to start games and this line up could bang with Chicago and Cleveland

Splat

10/18/2014  4:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2014  4:12 PM
This is pointless.

Melo is our Kobe, like it or not. You don't put Melo and Kobe on the same squad unless you already have a team with dominant personalities to handle a cat like Kobe. Melo may be a prima donna, but Kobe is a drag queen.

Kobe doesn't fit on this team at all. What is this, fantasy world here where you get to slobber over your favorite player and pray he is on your team?

In what world does Phil bring in a player who is:

THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE

NOW AN INJURY MACHINE, BATTER UP!

AN EGOMANIAC LIKE NO OTHER, TEAM CULTURE RAH RAH YAY!!

A PAST NEMESIS TO PHIL, WHETHER THEY PLAY FOOTSY ON TEA DATES NOW OR NOT

EXACTLY WHAT WE DON'T NEED NOW. WE ALREADY HAVE MELO

I'm sorry, but this is so absurd, it actually makes me steam enough to write this. Come on man, this is a complete joke!

EnySpree

10/18/2014  8:07 PM
Splat wrote:This is pointless.

Melo is our Kobe, like it or not. You don't put Melo and Kobe on the same squad unless you already have a team with dominant personalities to handle a cat like Kobe. Melo may be a prima donna, but Kobe is a drag queen.

Kobe doesn't fit on this team at all. What is this, fantasy world here where you get to slobber over your favorite player and pray he is on your team?

In what world does Phil bring in a player who is:

THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE

NOW AN INJURY MACHINE, BATTER UP!

AN EGOMANIAC LIKE NO OTHER, TEAM CULTURE RAH RAH YAY!!

A PAST NEMESIS TO PHIL, WHETHER THEY PLAY FOOTSY ON TEA DATES NOW OR NOT

EXACTLY WHAT WE DON'T NEED NOW. WE ALREADY HAVE MELO

I'm sorry, but this is so absurd, it actually makes me steam enough to write this. Come on man, this is a complete joke!

Chill dude. He does fit so cut it out. The problem is there is alot of things that need to happen for that to even happen. It is fantasy talk. This is a message board. Your real name isn't Splat. My real name is Eny to these hoes on this board that i know in real life. This is fake life because it's on the Internet. I like ice cream. Amare sucks. That's what she said.

Splat

10/18/2014  8:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Chill dude. He does fit so cut it out. The problem is there is alot of things that need to happen for that to even happen. It is fantasy talk. This is a message board. Your real name isn't Splat. My real name is Eny to these hoes on this board that i know in real life. This is fake life because it's on the Internet. I like ice cream. Amare sucks. That's what she said.

Chill? Kobe is a giant ahole at the end of his career with a body that keeps breaking down who is the opposite of what you need to build a new culture. The only culture Kobe understands is himself. He does fit because you say so, so I will not post such blashpemy in this virutal realm of unreality sayest thou.

So When Will the Kobe to NYK Rumors Start?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy