[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

outside J.Calderon other Knicks PGs lack stuff. Don't like roster *Cause Where is D' coming from ? What's going on here?
Author Thread
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/18/2014  7:56 PM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:Fisher isnt just preaching team defense, he also preaches guys holding their own men as well and communicating in such. he's even been tinkering with lineups without a pg at all, although I think during those times Shumpert has been on the floor.

This isn't unusual for Phil's teams to go without a PG on the floor. As I pointed out before he had Harper as his defacto PG for years and Brian Shaw as well. Shump fits that kind of role. It's mostly about having a good defensive back court and still being able to score effectively. The Triangle allows a team to actually play well minus a traditional PG.

A primary reason why I dont expect many minutes for Calderon in that role.

He can start, but limit Calderon to 6 minutes a game and I'm good with that.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/18/2014  7:58 PM
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:Fisher isnt just preaching team defense, he also preaches guys holding their own men as well and communicating in such. he's even been tinkering with lineups without a pg at all, although I think during those times Shumpert has been on the floor.

This isn't unusual for Phil's teams to go without a PG on the floor. As I pointed out before he had Harper as his defacto PG for years and Brian Shaw as well. Shump fits that kind of role. It's mostly about having a good defensive back court and still being able to score effectively. The Triangle allows a team to actually play well minus a traditional PG.

I assume that was a quarter.
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/18/2014  8:33 PM
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I assume that was a quarter.

No, per game. Can't be too careful.

Play the other 4 starters 48 minutes and spread those extra 42 minutes around the rest of the roster.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
outside J.Calderon other Knicks PGs lack stuff. Don't like roster *Cause Where is D' coming from ? What's going on here?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy