trade for J-Rich
Author Thread
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
6/1/2004  1:22 AM
Goldan st. trades: Jason Richardson,Evan Eschmeyer, Speedy Claxton

New york trades: Dikembe Mutombo, Othella Harrington, Frank Williams, Cezar Trybanski.

At first i would say after looking at this trade that it would have no chance but first u have to realize that goldan st. does not want much 4 richardson. All they want is to claer up room pietrus to play & they want cap room 4 next year. Eschmeyer is their only bad contract & the knicks would be giving them an ending contract 4 him. williams would provide the warriors with a talented big young point guard for their future & mutombo & Harrington provide them with decent front court guys for them to get buy for a year after losing dampier & Foyle & they would be off the books after a year. As for the knicks richardson would be a greatguy to put with marbury & he makes an healthy houston a bonus instead of a nessesaty & while claxton is not in my mind the player williams can be but he is still a very good back up. Mabe if this exact trade doesn't work the knicks could put in Kurt Thomas in place for someone or some other combo could be worked out. Basically just sayin that J-Rich is available and we should try to get him.

i'm not sure if these r the exact players that would be traded or if this trade could even go down but im just throwen it out there and wonderen what everyone thinks.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/1/2004  8:37 AM
goldan st. does not want much 4 richardson
Maybe they don't expect to get much from him, but they're not going to gift-wrap him for us
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/1/2004  9:44 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
goldan st. does not want much 4 richardson
Maybe they don't expect to get much from him, but they're not going to gift-wrap him for us

I was going to say something similiar.

I think that GS feels he is not a guy they want to empty the bank on when his contract is up and a trade like this could work wonders for them in the future.

What's on GS's mind? What are they trying to do over there? I have no clue but J-Rich needs to be on the Knicks radar.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/1/2004  9:55 AM
New york trades: Dikembe Mutombo, Othella Harrington, Frank Williams, Cezar Trybanski.

out of that package, the only player i would even be remotely interested in as a GM of another team is Frank Williams (considering Deke has already said he'd retire if he was dealt to any team that didn't play in the Philly vicinity)...you might be able to get just Speedy Claxton for that package, but forget about Jason Richardson.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKfan1
USA
6/1/2004  11:48 AM
trades that make little sense at first sight like this happen all the time. like last year (Pollard for Miller)(the rasheed deal with detroit at the deadline). All they want is to open it up 4 pietrus and cap room. They only have one semi bad contract and we'd be taking it. they would have the most cap room in the nba after next sason after making a deal like this. And if they want better players we do have some they may be interested in, that was just one offer i came up with but there r a lot of other packages that could be worked out.

I do see where u could say it would be "Gift rapping" him to us but i still think we have a legit shot at him.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/1/2004  11:55 AM
trades that make little sense at first sight like this happen all the time.

No, they happen a couple of times a decade. They're extreme exceptions to the rule.

BTW, the Rasheed deal does not fit your description. Detroit gave up 2 first round draft picks.
NYKfan1
USA
6/1/2004  12:18 PM
like i said, i understand your point & i know the detroit trade was different. however all i was saying was that if goldan st. is looking to completely tear down like atlanta did then they might make a deal that provides cap room cause they would basicaaly be an expansion team after the following season. Again, im not sure if that is what they r lookin at doin but it is a possibility. If not then we should still try other packages to get J-Rich because he is AVAILABLE. I'm not sayin that exact package works exactly, just thrown it out there but there r in my opinion ways we can get richardson.
TMS
USA
6/1/2004  3:20 PM
if they want to deal J. Rich don't you think they'd look for a better trading partner than the Knicks for what they had to offer in that package?

[Edited by - TMS on 06/01/2004 15:20:21]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/1/2004  3:27 PM
With the way (almost) everyone is describing trade scenarios, Zeke should just pack it in and wait for contracts to expire since no one is going to trade with the Knicks. While I agree that it is going to be hard, I don't think this is in the realm of the impossible. I agree with NYKFan1 that GS might want to trade for CAP room.
TMS
USA
6/1/2004  3:31 PM
i'm not saying the Knicks have no desirable trade pieces...only that no one fits the Warriors needs that would motivate them to give up a young, talented player like J. Rich, unless of course you want to give up a Mike Sweetney & Frank Williams, which i'm pretty sure none of you are willing to do.

we are just trying to think about trades in terms of what the other team might want, that's all.
trade for J-Rich

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy