[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ot: any jet fans feel
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/26/2014  3:56 PM
It just isnt fair. For example the colts have been great for like 18 years but the rare two years they stink they got manning and luck lol
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/26/2014  4:09 PM
knickscity wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Vick should've been the QB from day 1 but Geno was handed the job. It was never really a true QB competition as much as they tried to force people to believe it was. Idzik is awful indeed. He's responsible for playing Geno and trying to save face

Shouldnt have drafted Geno if thats the case. Vick should be mentoring instead of trying to take the kids spot when he is pretty much done and sucks just as much. Vick is not the future, Geno likely shouldnt be, but Geno is here.

Vick said all the right things. The Jets organization screwed up

gunsnewing
USA
10/26/2014  4:11 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:At this point id rather try and get a top 5 pick. I dont think the qb class is strong so im not sure what we will do. Our offense line is terrible too

They are F'd

I would draft a corner and try to sign a QB. Maybe not Cousins but someone like that who is still young with upside

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2014  4:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:At this point id rather try and get a top 5 pick. I dont think the qb class is strong so im not sure what we will do. Our offense line is terrible too

Jets need to take the best player available.. What you saw on Buffalo--Sammy Watkins--that is a top type 5 pick you want. Big fast athletic productive tough.

RIP Crushalot😞
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/26/2014  4:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
knickscity wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Vick should've been the QB from day 1 but Geno was handed the job. It was never really a true QB competition as much as they tried to force people to believe it was. Idzik is awful indeed. He's responsible for playing Geno and trying to save face

Shouldnt have drafted Geno if thats the case. Vick should be mentoring instead of trying to take the kids spot when he is pretty much done and sucks just as much. Vick is not the future, Geno likely shouldnt be, but Geno is here.

Vick said all the right things. The Jets organization screwed up

Vick said, he'll play again in this league, this year, while a member of the Jets. Not the right thing to say if you know the team is trying to develop a QB.
gunsnewing
USA
10/26/2014  4:17 PM
this year?
gunsnewing
USA
10/26/2014  4:18 PM
Vick is not the reason for Geno sucking. Geno got every chance in the world this year. 8 games. 1-7 record
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/26/2014  4:26 PM
Nonsense. Geno plays just like Vick, runs like him, turns it over just like him. But yeah, no reason at all. geno has flat oput regressed this season.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2014  4:47 PM
No words to express my disgust with this game and this season. Why did they come out trying to pass so much? They needed to establish the run then get some pass in the mix. Can't have Geno trying to win the game with hero ball. They had a formula but don't stick to it.
StarksEwing1

10/26/2014  4:50 PM
nixluva wrote:No words to express my disgust with this game and this season. Why did they come out trying to pass so much? They needed to establish the run then get some pass in the mix. Can't have Geno trying to win the game with hero ball. They had a formula but don't stick to it.
its funny usually you are 100% positive lol
y2zipper
Member: #3287

10/26/2014  6:05 PM
I'm a Bills fan so I love Watkins, but Geno looked horrendous out there today. Ryan and Vick aren't exactly the ideal influence for a young QB, either. At this point the Jets should probably stick with him and see of he can get better. At 1-7, Rex Ryan is basically over.
StarksEwing1

10/26/2014  6:09 PM
y2zipper wrote:I'm a Bills fan so I love Watkins, but Geno looked horrendous out there today. Ryan and Vick aren't exactly the ideal influence for a young QB, either. At this point the Jets should probably stick with him and see of he can get better. At 1-7, Rex Ryan is basically over.
the bills havent exactly been good the past decade either lol.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/26/2014  6:09 PM

The GM didn't make that call the coach did right?

Matter of fact it was stated Vick showed near zero competitive spirit

Instead of saying Geno will have to EARN his starting position

Rex tried to call himself getting ahead of the media

Winning the battle through the press

And it has come back to bite him something fierce

Vick doesn't even take reps in practice with the starters

Which shows antoher multi-sign of overall lack or preparation

Every since Rex has been head coach there have always been

QB and Wide receiving issues, no matter the GM, no matter the assistant coaches

He has shown zero ability to develop offensive players

What does DK say//// "the fish rots from the head down"

Therefore look at Woody who went into the locker room end of season last year

For an 8-8 team, front running declaring Rex's supremacy as head coach

This set the tone for failure this yr

It can't always be the GMs fault, Mike-Jeff who next folks?

Woody hired a GM who he wanted anchored to Rex

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/26/2014  6:11 PM

It's a no brainer

You draft Amari Cooper if in position to draft him

Should have traded up to draft Sammy Watkins

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/26/2014  6:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
y2zipper wrote:I'm a Bills fan so I love Watkins, but Geno looked horrendous out there today. Ryan and Vick aren't exactly the ideal influence for a young QB, either. At this point the Jets should probably stick with him and see of he can get better. At 1-7, Rex Ryan is basically over.
No but they may have turned the corner. Their defense is really good. New ownership should help. They do need a qb other than Orton.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
y2zipper
Member: #3287

10/26/2014  6:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
No but they may have turned the corner. Their defense is really good. New ownership should help. They do need a qb other than Orton.

Oh I know Buffalo's history lol. The switch to Orton has actually been a huge bright spot this season. He's okay as a stop-gap option, but the team's inability to sustain drives is infuriating. Defensively they are really good, it's the offensive line in particular and now RB injuries that's worrisome. If they can survive the soft part of the schedule and get Jackson back, maybe they can do something...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/26/2014  9:08 PM
Smith is not a franchise QB, BUT a lot of blame has to be put on the offensive line- you cannot have watched the Buffalo game without coming away with the conclusion that the OL is a weak link on this team. Could not open up holes and could not protect either Jet QB.

Ferguson, however nice and articulate a guy he is, cannot handle his position against a top pass rusher, and his is arguably the most important for a right handed QB. Their other linemen, including Mangold, who was once great, are nothing special at this point.

If this is really a passing league, the most important part of any team is its OL. It can make average QBs good, and good ones great. It also gives receivers time to gain separation from a DB exploit a zone. You can also add the fact that it allows for a successful running game that makes a passing game that much more efficient.

I don't want Smith as my starting QB in the future, but nobody you bring in to replace him is going to be successful if they are running from defensive lineman before they can spot an open receiver.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1

10/26/2014  9:26 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Smith is not a franchise QB, BUT a lot of blame has to be put on the offensive line- you cannot have watched the Buffalo game without coming away with the conclusion that the OL is a weak link on this team. Could not open up holes and could not protect either Jet QB.

Ferguson, however nice and articulate a guy he is, cannot handle his position against a top pass rusher, and his is arguably the most important for a right handed QB. Their other linemen, including Mangold, who was once great, are nothing special at this point.

If this is really a passing league, the most important part of any team is its OL. It can make average QBs good, and good ones great. It also gives receivers time to gain separation from a DB exploit a zone. You can also add the fact that it allows for a successful running game that makes a passing game that much more efficient.

I don't want Smith as my starting QB in the future, but nobody you bring in to replace him is going to be successful if they are running from defensive lineman before they can spot an open receiver.

agreed the offensive line is very bad
JesseDark
Member: #467
10/27/2014  1:00 AM
The frustrating part about Geno is all those interceptions were passes where the receiver was clearly covered. Where is his pump fake, his progression to secondary receiver?. As I was watching the replays of the interceptions I was looking for the receiver to be open, to see what Geno could have possibly been seeing, each time I came away with the same thing. The man was covered.
Bring back dee-fense
StarksEwing1

10/27/2014  8:17 AM
I agree we need a new QB however its not all on Geno. John Idzik has done a terrible job. He had all the resources in the world to add more talent both on the offense and secondary. Look i like Pryor but i think we really needed either Cooks or Dennard especially since Idzik refused to sepnd money on a corner even though he had a ton of cap space.
Ot: any jet fans feel

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy