EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/2/2014  6:57 PM
knickknack wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:We need Amare to go hard in practice, not the regular season..Damn Amare " I'M TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE, NOT A REGULAR GAME..PRACTICE!!

Iverson was ridiculed and punished for his views on practice.....yet in 2014 its ok for a guy to play in practice and games when he feels like it....no good and I cant get behind that

Dude the medical staff told him to shut it down, if it was up to him he wouldn't have missed a second of practice. He wants to play all 82 and avg 30-35 minutes a game..but the knicks and their med staff is like IDK about that one buddy..

so then he shouldn't play cuz the medical staff says hes not able to....if he can't play maybe he should retire and take the ny sanitation test that just came out

should Tim Duncan retire? Dirk? Derrick Rose? injuries are a part of this sport. The key isn't to ban any players who are an injury risk like they have leprosy but rather to work with the medical staff and develop a conditioning and minutes plan that'll help you maximize on your investment of the player. that's exactly what the knicks are doing. you're living in some fairy tale world where you can cut a 6 time allstar and expect the next guy up in the rotation to produce his kind of numbers on a nightly basis. the knicks are dealing with facts, stat is the most talented forward on the roster with the exception of melo that's why he's making $23 mil this season but he's also a injury risk so they're limiting his minutes both in game and during practices.

You can't reference Tim Duncan because Pop would bench his whole starting line up, activate he injured reserve players...start the injured reserve guys and still could beat any team in the league. Tim Duncan never was sat because his knees hurt.

Dirk was hurt and he sat out. He came back and wasn't restricted. He was rusty yes and lost a step yes but he still played unrestricted.

Derrick Rose could have played in the playoffs but wasn't right so he didn't play. 2 years in a row. Now he's back and going hard as ****.

Amare gets to talk as much **** about hall of fame, and all star games...childrens books and that he's the Black Moses...but I never hear the dude talking about what he needs to do. He's a self proclaimed beast that can't rebound or play defense. He gave himself the nickname Stat....I'm tired of the guy.

At the same time I want him to succeed but I also want him to be treated like any other player. If Melo was being babied the basketball world would burn him a new *******. Amare needs to be put out there. Yes his injuries aren't his fault but the bull**** surrounding him is his fault. It's time to win not baby sit

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/2/2014  9:12 PM
Even last year STAT wanted to play more but was held back. He had to beg for Woody to use him more. The care that the staff is taking is just common sense. Why purposefully grind a player for no good reason? Guys get injured overdoing it all the time. The staff wants him around and fully healthy come playoff time. If that means he takes it easy at times in practice so be it. When he is healthy he is still very potent offensively. I posted his games to close the season when he started and he was pretty good. The idea that he doesn't rebound is over stated. Hopefully his D will be better with this new scheme. In any event he is still a weapon for this team and we need to make sure he's available come playoff time.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/2/2014  9:28 PM
nixluva wrote:Even last year STAT wanted to play more but was held back. He had to beg for Woody to use him more. The care that the staff is taking is just common sense. Why purposefully grind a player for no good reason? Guys get injured overdoing it all the time. The staff wants him around and fully healthy come playoff time. If that means he takes it easy at times in practice so be it. When he is healthy he is still very potent offensively. I posted his games to close the season when he started and he was pretty good. The idea that he doesn't rebound is over stated. Hopefully his D will be better with this new scheme. In any event he is still a weapon for this team and we need to make sure he's available come playoff time.
In the beginning of the year Woodson wasn't allowed to play Amare more then 10 minutes every other night. He also was told to take the same approach with KMart. That and not being able to keep a big in the spot that was given to Chris really put the Knicks at a disadvantage. I am really glad that the Knicks have a coach and gm/pres that are on the same page. Last year was ridiculous.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/2/2014  9:30 PM
nixluva wrote:Even last year STAT wanted to play more but was held back. He had to beg for Woody to use him more. The care that the staff is taking is just common sense. Why purposefully grind a player for no good reason? Guys get injured overdoing it all the time. The staff wants him around and fully healthy come playoff time. If that means he takes it easy at times in practice so be it. When he is healthy he is still very potent offensively. I posted his games to close the season when he started and he was pretty good. The idea that he doesn't rebound is over stated. Hopefully his D will be better with this new scheme. In any event he is still a weapon for this team and we need to make sure he's available come playoff time.

+1

RonRon
Member: #246
10/2/2014  10:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2014  10:19 PM
Acey should be glued to STAT or AB when they play
His DEF/REBOUNDING/MOBILITY/Athleticism would fit in with their weakness's like Kmart did

Acey is like a Reggie Evan's but actually with a decent shot and can score

I would not be surprised if both Cole Aldrich and Jason Smith both start
Possibly with

Calderon
JR Smith
CA

Then there is Dalembert who is no longer in his prime but can provide some minutes and energy, with good length and not as athletic/explosive like he once was but could still be servicable if he trained hard this off season in a contract year that isn't fully guaranteed

nixluva
USA
10/2/2014  10:24 PM
The beauty of what Phil has done with the roster is that we have guys who can play even if we lose a player or 2 to injury. This team is very balanced, versatile and deep. This makes it LESS necessary for us to pound STAT in order to win games like we did under MDA when STAT 1st got here or under Woody last year with Melo. No one should have to log too many minutes with no nights off.
EnySpree

10/2/2014  10:44 PM

Save one guy for the playoffs destroys team chemistry especially since the guy can't defend or rebound. It doesn't matter that Amare can score.

A guy like Acy busting his ass on both ends is going to be asked to sit because Amare Is Playing, Then the next night he's going to be asked to run through a wall because Amare is going to take the night off. You can't talk about winning culture with this mentally.

If Amare needs time to heal fine. But we have Alrich, Acy, Bargnani, Dalembert, and Jason Smith. Amare was averaging like 15/7....we can get from other guys or playing a mix of the other guys.

Again I want him to succeed because if he's available to play every night then we will be good especially if he can play closer to his old self. But if he's going to be on restriction then he needs to prove he can handle practice first. He's not the young Amare he's not averaging 25pts a night anymore. He's a role guy. He needs to prove himself just like everyone else.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
10/3/2014  1:45 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Save one guy for the playoffs destroys team chemistry especially since the guy can't defend or rebound. It doesn't matter that Amare can score.

A guy like Acy busting his ass on both ends is going to be asked to sit because Amare Is Playing, Then the next night he's going to be asked to run through a wall because Amare is going to take the night off. You can't talk about winning culture with this mentally.

If Amare needs time to heal fine. But we have Alrich, Acy, Bargnani, Dalembert, and Jason Smith. Amare was averaging like 15/7....we can get from other guys or playing a mix of the other guys.

Again I want him to succeed because if he's available to play every night then we will be good especially if he can play closer to his old self. But if he's going to be on restriction then he needs to prove he can handle practice first. He's not the young Amare he's not averaging 25pts a night anymore. He's a role guy. He needs to prove himself just like everyone else.

It's strange that you haven't paid any attention to the post I made showing what he did to close out the season. That was a very important stretch. He was basically showing you what you can expect from him if used properly. Please go over the stats and notice his FG%. Remember that he's supposed to be done but if you look at his per minute production he's doing quite well. I think you are mistaken if you think any of our other bigs would necessarily be as productive with the same minutes and in the same way that STAT can be effective. Which of our bigs has been able to do what STAT has done at his level of consistency?

Date Opp W/L MP FG FGA FG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
2014-03-03 @DET L (-11) 32:08 9 11 .818 4 4 1.000 2 4 6 0 0 0 0 3 22 19.3 -5
2014-03-05 @MIN W (+12) 31:08 8 18 .444 2 3 .667 4 4 8 1 1 2 3 3 18 11.1 +17
2014-03-07 UTA W (+27) 18:46 3 4 .750 4 4 1.000 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 10 9.4 +16
2014-03-08 @CLE W (+10) 27:31 7 16 .438 3 4 .750 6 6 12 4 0 3 2 2 17 16.3 +7
2014-03-10 PHI W (+13) 29:43 9 10 .900 5 8 .625 3 3 6 0 0 1 2 2 23 19.3 +21
2014-03-12 BOS W (+24) Did Not Play
2014-03-15 MIL W (+21) 26:27 6 13 .462 3 4 .750 3 3 6 1 0 1 1 3 15 10.1 +14
2014-03-19 IND W (+6) 28:51 8 15 .533 5 6 .833 0 4 4 0 0 0 1 3 21 12.3 +8
2014-03-21 @PHI W (+1) 27:57 10 15 .667 2 2 1.000 2 8 10 1 0 0 0 3 22 18.8 +8
2014-03-23 CLE L (-6) 30:10 6 10 .600 0 0 2 4 6 1 0 0 0 3 12 9.5 +3
2014-03-25 @LAL L (-31) 27:24 7 14 .500 2 2 1.000 2 0 2 0 0 1 1 2 16 9.3 -30
2014-03-26 @SAC W (+8) 32:40 6 10 .600 0 0 1 5 6 1 1 0 3 5 12 6.3 +17
2014-03-28 @PHO L (-24) 29:50 8 16 .500 3 5 .600 1 5 6 0 0 1 0 2 19 12.3 -27
2014-03-30 @GSW W (+5) 31:27 5 14 .357 5 6 .833 6 7 13 1 0 0 4 2 15 9.0 -4
2014-03-31 UTA W (+9) Did Not Play
2014-04-02 BRK W (+29) 20:54 4 6 .667 5 6 .833 1 5 6 2 0 2 2 4 13 11.4 -2
2014-04-04 WAS L (-1) 29:42 6 9 .667 4 4 1.000 0 4 4 0 0 1 1 1 16 12.6 0
2014-04-06 @MIA L (-11) 29:41 5 9 .556 2 2 1.000 2 3 5 1 1 1 2 3 12 9.2 -11
2014-04-11 @TOR W (+8) 39:52 10 14 .714 4 6 .667 3 8 11 0 0 1 0 3 24 21.4 +14
2014-04-13 CHI W (+11) 34:26 5 8 .625 2 3 .667 2 1 3 2 1 1 0 2 12 12.0 +7
2014-04-15 @BRK W (+11) 20:35 3 4 .750 8 9 .889 1 2 3 0 0 1 1 2 14 12.2 +14
2014-04-16 TOR W (+3) 19:39 3 7 .429 2 2 1.000 2 3 5 1 0 0 1 1 8 5.9 +2

Here's the thing, STAT is just a piece of the puzzle. We have other guys who will be able to come in and produce when called upon. It really doesn't hurt us to have STAT be given rest and allow the other guys to fill in. They know what the deal is and i'm sure none of them feels they are better than STAT and should be playing ahead of him. Some of these guys may be better on the boards or defensively but overall they are not better than STAT when he's healthy as he was late last year.

knickknack
Member: #5891

10/3/2014  9:41 AM
EnySpree wrote:
knickknack wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:We need Amare to go hard in practice, not the regular season..Damn Amare " I'M TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE, NOT A REGULAR GAME..PRACTICE!!

Iverson was ridiculed and punished for his views on practice.....yet in 2014 its ok for a guy to play in practice and games when he feels like it....no good and I cant get behind that

Dude the medical staff told him to shut it down, if it was up to him he wouldn't have missed a second of practice. He wants to play all 82 and avg 30-35 minutes a game..but the knicks and their med staff is like IDK about that one buddy..

so then he shouldn't play cuz the medical staff says hes not able to....if he can't play maybe he should retire and take the ny sanitation test that just came out

should Tim Duncan retire? Dirk? Derrick Rose? injuries are a part of this sport. The key isn't to ban any players who are an injury risk like they have leprosy but rather to work with the medical staff and develop a conditioning and minutes plan that'll help you maximize on your investment of the player. that's exactly what the knicks are doing. you're living in some fairy tale world where you can cut a 6 time allstar and expect the next guy up in the rotation to produce his kind of numbers on a nightly basis. the knicks are dealing with facts, stat is the most talented forward on the roster with the exception of melo that's why he's making $23 mil this season but he's also a injury risk so they're limiting his minutes both in game and during practices.

You can't reference Tim Duncan because Pop would bench his whole starting line up, activate he injured reserve players...start the injured reserve guys and still could beat any team in the league. Tim Duncan never was sat because his knees hurt.

Dirk was hurt and he sat out. He came back and wasn't restricted. He was rusty yes and lost a step yes but he still played unrestricted.

Derrick Rose could have played in the playoffs but wasn't right so he didn't play. 2 years in a row. Now he's back and going hard as ****.

Amare gets to talk as much **** about hall of fame, and all star games...childrens books and that he's the Black Moses...but I never hear the dude talking about what he needs to do. He's a self proclaimed beast that can't rebound or play defense. He gave himself the nickname Stat....I'm tired of the guy.

At the same time I want him to succeed but I also want him to be treated like any other player. If Melo was being babied the basketball world would burn him a new *******. Amare needs to be put out there. Yes his injuries aren't his fault but the bull**** surrounding him is his fault. It's time to win not baby sit

Rose always goes hard in practice that's why he's always hurt. why do you consider managing a players weaknesses as babying them? is it babying a center to not expect him to guard point guards or shoot atleast 40% 3? it's not its simply being reasonable and understanding that each member of the team has strengths and weakness and its the job of the front office and coaching staff to try and maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknessess. stat's weakness is his knees, if he didn't have bad knee's would you really hate him soo much? also stat is a average rebounder and defender, he doesn't excell at either but he's not the worst in the league as you imagine.

trust the kristaps-cess!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/3/2014  9:48 AM
knickknack wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knickknack wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Rose always goes hard in practice that's why he's always hurt. why do you consider managing a players weaknesses as babying them? is it babying a center to not expect him to guard point guards or shoot atleast 40% 3? it's not its simply being reasonable and understanding that each member of the team has strengths and weakness and its the job of the front office and coaching staff to try and maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknessess. stat's weakness is his knees, if he didn't have bad knee's would you really hate him soo much? also stat is a average rebounder and defender, he doesn't excell at either but he's not the worst in the league as you imagine.

+100

ES
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/4/2014  6:27 AM

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11634537

Cavs to rest LeBron James at times

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt said Friday he is open to the idea of resting LeBron James at times during the season to keep the star forward fresh for a postseason run.

James sat out the morning practice session of Cleveland's two-a-day Friday in order to rest his back. Earlier this week, James described his back as feeling "iffy" and only played in two out of three periods during the Cavs' intrasquad scrimmage Wednesday.

AP Photo/Tony DejakThe Cavaliers want LeBron James to be fresh for the playoffs and are toying with the idea of resting him at times -- even for full games -- during the regular season.

Friday was the first practice that James missed since training camp opened a week ago.

Blatt downplayed the development, pointing out that several other veterans -- Mike Miller, Anderson Varejao and Shawn Marion -- have also been given time off for "maintenance." He added that James planned to participate in Friday's second practice session in the evening.

The coach did not rule out James getting scheduled rest periods -- including possibly sitting out games -- as the season goes on, however.

"Certainly could," Blatt said. "It's not specifically planned at this point. In other words, we didn't sit down and already write up a plan for what game he would miss or what practice he would miss, but it could [happen] depending on need."

James is expected to play when the Cavs take on Blatt's former team, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, in their first preseason game Sunday.

James has played in 842 out of a possible 886 regular-season games during his first 11 years in the league, but the former prep-to-pro phenom turns 30 in December. The body changes over time.

James, who has played close to 40,000 minutes during his career, went on a strict, 67-day diet during the offseason in order to shed weight, but he has balked at the notion that the wear and tear is catching up to him.

"I'm 29 years old, and I can still fly above the rim," James said on media day. "I don't need to lose weight to do that, not at this point in my career."

Blatt said he watched from afar as San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich pulled players out of the lineup at various times in recent seasons to try to preserve them for the playoffs.

"I noticed a lot of what Pop does because he does it pretty well," Blatt said. "In my last years in Europe, I was coaching close to 80 games each year. I know what it is. The travel was a lot harder where I was than it was here.

"Players are here to play, and it's our job to get them ready and keep them healthy so they can participate in every game, but it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes you have to know how to rest guys without the team being at risk. That's part of the process."

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
EnySpree

10/4/2014  7:15 AM
Wow are we comparing Lebron to Amare?

Amare is 15/7. Lebron is one of the best players to ever play. Lebron could be given rest days to save him for the playoffs because he's earned that. Amare is a role player. He's role is not detrimental to teams success. If Amare was his old self walking into the gym dropping 25 a night maybe.

Bargnani averaged 14 and 5. Can we give him days off to keep him fresh for the playoffs? Can Jr Smith take days off to rest his knees and ankles?

Fisher said it best the other day. After day one, everyone is injured. No one player is above the team.

EnySpree

10/4/2014  7:21 AM
My comments are a little overblown because you guys got me a little hyped.

Is training camp.... he's entitled to precautionary rest. I'm concerned with this being a everyday practice and this trickling down into the season. Taking back to back Gamees off, taking Games off if he's played to many in a week. That's nonsense. We are a lottery team because of that ****.

Amare is a professional basketball player. If he can't pay then retire. If Shaq could be given days off and practices off he would still be playing. I just don't want another Bynum situation played out in the Knicks.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/4/2014  7:26 AM
EnySpree wrote:Wow are we comparing Lebron to Amare?

Amare is 15/7. Lebron is one of the best players to ever play. Lebron could be given rest days to save him for the playoffs because he's earned that. Amare is a role player. He's role is not detrimental to teams success. If Amare was his old self walking into the gym dropping 25 a night maybe.

Bargnani averaged 14 and 5. Can we give him days off to keep him fresh for the playoffs? Can Jr Smith take days off to rest his knees and ankles?

Fisher said it best the other day. After day one, everyone is injured. No one player is above the team.

Yeah, I'm sure if Lebron was only playing 20 mpg, he wouldn't need the rest.
EnySpree

10/4/2014  7:41 AM
Kobe Bryant had earned the right to sit out but he hasn't. He plays heavy minutes at guard on a body that is old in basketball years. He wants to play so he adjusts. He would laugh at restrictions. Champions play every night. Ewing never took games off unless he was hurt. Amare likes to think he's still that guy. He isn't. He needs to play or retire.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/4/2014  8:35 AM
Retiring means giving up $20+ mil!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/4/2014  9:17 AM
EnySpree wrote:Kobe Bryant had earned the right to sit out but he hasn't. He plays heavy minutes at guard on a body that is old in basketball years. He wants to play so he adjusts. He would laugh at restrictions. Champions play every night. Ewing never took games off unless he was hurt. Amare likes to think he's still that guy. He isn't. He needs to play or retire.

Ok, Rudy never game up...!
Rocky Balboa got beat to a pulp and kept going!
Bernard King would play on one leg!
Magic played HIV positive...!
Vincent Vega was cool under pressure!
EWing was a warrior!
Jordan played with the flu!

CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2014  10:15 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Retiring means giving up $20+ mil!

Hoping the Knicks send him to Philly at the desdline like Indy did with granger. It would benefit both teams.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/4/2014  11:35 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Hoping the Knicks send him to Philly at the desdline like Indy did with granger. It would benefit both teams.

how?

ES
CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2014  12:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how?

amare at the deadline isn't owed that much for the rest of tge year but his salary bumps the sixers cap # up enough so that they don't have to pay the twenty plus million they are under the cap. It saves the sixers close to twenty million. If you google amare to Philly I am sure it will be explained better.
Amare already sitting out portions of practice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy