The Cavs 2007 Finals team and any Cavs team in between

The Heat did go to 4 straight Finals and won 2

While I don't doubt the Cavs prowess

This isn't a chop liver benchmark

RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
10/1/2014  5:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2014  5:23 PM
I think Chicago should be the favorites, Cleveland has a lot of talent but their "young" talent has no experience in the post season, so it would be a learning curb for them
While Chicago has their core/philosophies set already, the talents they added just fit in together very well, adding depth and defined roles, along with the experienced, skills developed, chemistry gained, and versatility in talents added while Rose was sidelined

They were a TOP DEFENSIVE team without Rose and were a TOP team every year despite being doutbted every year, they needed some scoring to go with their post season, they achieved that
In addition to the versatility in their BIGs and G/F's complimenting their cutting/3pt shooting/passing/ and multiple ways they can beat you with their spacing as a TEAM and 1v1

Bobcats are quite under the radar as well but I don't see how teams can match up with their speed/quickness/athleticism and shooting/spacing with Jefferson healthy, with the addition of Lance Stephenson
Their BIG's can all shoot, outside of Biyombo, so with Lance/Kemba being able to force double teams easily, they will be very tough

Maybe Wizards match up with the Bobcats the best

and

Orlando is my comlete possible sleeper, dependent on Elfrid Payton and development of Olindipo, health of Harris/Vucevic, 3pt shooting and spacing provided by Frye/Ben Gordon, and rotation of their athletic young bench on both ends being effective consistently with Harkless/Nicholson/Kyle O Quin/Aaron Gordon

What I don't understand is the trade for Fournier and losing a scoring threat like Affalo who was also very good as a defender and shooter/scorer as well

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/2/2014  6:28 AM
It depends on what's going on with Lebron. The rumor is he lost 50 lbs because he stopped using HGH. I'm sure he'll still be very good but I don't know if he'll be the same.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/2/2014  10:29 AM
I don't see it that way. I see an open field where any team can take the east. Chicago is ok and Cavs are good but I wouldn't say they are a lock for anything. The Knicks are in the mix as are 3-4 other teams.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/2/2014  10:33 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:It depends on what's going on with Lebron. The rumor is he lost 50 lbs because he stopped using HGH. I'm sure he'll still be very good but I don't know if he'll be the same.

Where did you hear that rumor? I think I started that one but I was dead serious. All I saw the media say is that he went on a meat, chicken, fish, veg, fruit diet which is BS. You don't lose 50lbs in 2months. Clearly stopped using HGH knowing they will test. Nice heads up by the nba protecting their star. Wouldn't want to pull a baseball and tarnish the game with Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Clemens and Arod

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/2/2014  11:06 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:It depends on what's going on with Lebron. The rumor is he lost 50 lbs because he stopped using HGH. I'm sure he'll still be very good but I don't know if he'll be the same.

Where did you hear that rumor? I think I started that one but I was dead serious. All I saw the media say is that he went on a meat, chicken, fish, veg, fruit diet which is BS. You don't lose 50lbs in 2months. Clearly stopped using HGH knowing they will test. Nice heads up by the nba protecting their star. Wouldn't want to pull a baseball and tarnish the game with Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Clemens and Arod

That is one of the reason why I think this thing is wide open.

knickknack
Member: #5891

10/2/2014  3:59 PM
the cav's this year are better on paper then the heat in their first year. they have a deeper roster and a more balanced one at that since the heat were so talented on the wing but had only bosh in the post and chalmers and some randoms playing guard. but the Heat had a Finals MVP D Wade and HOF'er Pat Riley to go along with a younger LBJ and although their bench was then and untalented they were experienced. not to mention the heat could play D, the cav's will likely be about average if not below average on defense this year and will regress each year as LBJ ages unless they add some serious defensive presences to the roster.
trust the kristaps-cess!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/2/2014  4:02 PM
20lbs I can believe. Not 50.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/2/2014  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2014  5:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

Where is this 50lb figure coming from? Did Lebron officially put that figure out there or is it just speculation? 50 lbs is a huge amount and but even in the pics I've seen it doesn't appear as if he lost that much. Maybe 25 at most.

And even estimating based on pics is tricky. Camera distortion and perspective distortion can have a huge affect and makes basing estimates like weight and weight loss fraught with error if based solely on viewing photos.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2014  7:14 AM
gunsnewing wrote:

Hmmm. I don't know where I got it from actually. The reports I'm seeing say closer to 20-30.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/3/2014  10:33 AM

I'm not sure I believe that- people said exactly the same thing a few years ago when he joined the Heat, though they were citing his diminished athleticism. To be honest he doesn't look that much different- just looks like a guy who lost a little weight because he was turning 30.

Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
10/3/2014  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2014  2:19 PM
In the spirit of poetry:

There once was a guy on the Cavs
Who lost in the finals to the Mavs
He left for the Heat
'Till twice they got beat
But his team is always the favs

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/4/2014  4:29 PM
I read this quote below recently

And I was wondering to myself

Which team are these comments coming from

It sounds very familiar

Insert Team' players are enjoying the Princeton offense of Insert Coach.

Insert Name described Blatt's offense as "borderline genius."

“I like his offense a lot," said Insert Name. "There’s great ball movement, which is very key in the game of basketball. There isn’t as much of one-on-one. There’s a lot of the ball being kicked from one side of the court to another, which is important. But I said ‘Spurs-esque’ because it’s really all about ball movement—like how the Spurs create those mismatches with defenses by moving the ball so precisely. It doesn’t let the defense lock in on one guy. That’s a lot of what he wants, as far as back-screens, dribble-hand-offs, coming off screen and rolls, kicking and advancing the ball. It’s all about ball movement, that’s key to being a successful team.”

H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/4/2014  5:02 PM
Solace wrote:In the spirit of poetry:

There once was a guy on the Cavs
Who lost in the finals to the Mavs
He left for the Heat
'Till twice they got beat
But his team is always the favs

I like your poem but in the spirit of accuracy the Cavs lost to the Spurs, no? Then the Mavs beat the Heat in lebrons first year there.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/4/2014  5:08 PM
F500ONE wrote:I read this quote below recently

It sounds very familiar

“I like his offense a lot," said Insert Name. "There’s great ball movement, which is very key in the game of basketball. There isn’t as much of one-on-one. There’s a lot of the ball being kicked from one side of the court to another, which is important. But I said ‘Spurs-esque’ because it’s really all about ball movement—like how the Spurs create those mismatches with defenses by moving the ball so precisely. It doesn’t let the defense lock in on one guy. That’s a lot of what he wants, as far as back-screens, dribble-hand-offs, coming off screen and rolls, kicking and advancing the ball. It’s all about ball movement, that’s key to being a successful team.”

Lol you left Coach Blatts name in there, so it's obviously the cavs. but I doub that player is LeBron. Sounds more like a role player who believes he'll get more touches...likely a big man who said this.

but yeah, all team say this stuff, it could be plug and plugged into virtually any training camp roster.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/4/2014  5:33 PM
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:I read this quote below recently

It sounds very familiar

Lol you left Coach Blatts name in there, so it's obviously the cavs. but I doub that player is LeBron. Sounds more like a role player who believes he'll get more touches...likely a big man who said this.

but yeah, all team say this stuff, it could be plug and plugged into virtually any training camp roster.

I tried and failed

Blaaaaatttttttt!!!! ha ha

Almost sounds as if these quotes

Were written for Nixluva's eyes only

Every team is sitting around the camp fires

Singing and roasting Marshmellows and whatnot

The quotes are from Mike Miller and Brendan Haywood

If they stay healthy--Cavs are better than Heat champiosnship teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy