[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeff Van Gundy's Cific
Author Thread
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
9/30/2014  10:51 PM
Does anyone know where it is now? Did it survive the accident? How many miles does it have on it. Seems like a long time since we last discussed it
https:// It's not so hard.
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/30/2014  11:49 PM
I really hope it's ok because I am worried sick. Maybe I need a hug.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/1/2014  2:06 AM
I see this kind of talk is still encourage after 14 yrs

Let's talk Pure Knicks Love: players, games, trades, Jeff Van Gundy's civic. Anything Knicks related.
ES
BasketballJones
USA
10/1/2014  10:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I see this kind of talk is still encourage after 14 yrs

Let's talk Pure Knicks Love: players, games, trades, Jeff Van Gundy's civic. Anything Knicks related.

Thankfully so. We all have a hankering to discuss Van Gundy's Civic from time-to-time. This is a forum where we can really let loose on the subject and explore it in depth.

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/1/2014  7:05 PM
Doesn't he still drive it?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/1/2014  7:26 PM
http://www.mandatory.com/2013/02/05/10-very-important-jeff-van-gundy-facts/

10 Very Important Jeff Van Gundy Facts

By Paul Ulane Feb 05, 2013

Jeff Van Gundy is a national treasure. It's hard not to love a guy who's tiny and has very little hair and yet fits perfectly into the world of NBA basketball on TV. But Van Gundy is much more than a funny color man. Let's take a look back at the illustrious career of a true pioneer so we can wholly appreciate the greatness that is the notorious JVG.

10. He Named His Cat Cheeks
Van Gundy was so enamored with the play of point guard Maurice Cheeks that when he coached him, he named his cat Cheeks. The cat died 18 years later on a day Van Gundy described as, "sad."

9. His Car Was Once Destroyed By His Team's Charter Plane
In 2000, after a particularly tough playoff loss to the arch-rival Miami Heat, the Knicks' charter plane let out a jet blast that destroyed Van Gundy's car. It was a 1995 Honda Civic and it was "totally demolished" according to police reports. Van Gundy got a ride to the team's practice facility before spending the night on his office couch.

Quick recap on some details from that story: '95 Honda Civic. Office couch. "Totally demolished."

He would later say the way the car was lost was "tragic."

8. He Will Drink You Under The Table...As Long As That Drink Is Diet Coke
His workaholic tendencies led to long hours at the office. To keep from getting drowsy on the job, JVG worked himself up to a six-pack a day habit in the prime of his coaching career. Coach claims he's down to only four cans a day now that he's out of the league.

7. He's This Man's Brother
And he's never been shy about expressing how his brother got screwed out of a job thanks to Dwight Howard. His rants on the subject are some of the most entertaining and honest monologues you'll find in sports TV.

6. He Likes To Break Up Fights Between Gigantic Human Beings
They play this clip just about every time the Knicks play the Heat, so we don't need to recap what happened that fateful night in 1998. Just know that Van Gundy saw the 6'10" Alonzo Mourning going at it with the 6'6" Larry Johnson and figured he was the right man to break things up.

5. Seriously, He Really Likes To Mix It Up With the Big Boys
During a Martin Luther King Day matinee between the Knicks and the San Antonio Spurs in 2001, Marcus Camby got fed up with Danny Ferry and threw a windmill at the Spurs forward. Camby missed Ferry but Van Gundy was right in the middle and took the brunt of Camby's wild punch. He got more than 10 stitches and a bloody face for his troubles. (Hopefully the lesson is learned by now.)

jeff van gundy houston rockets construction helmet4. He Looks Awesome In A Construction Helmet
If he ever gets back into coaching again, I highly recommend he wears one of these the next time he tries to break up a fight.

3. He Almost Dated Jodie Foster At Yale
Well, he almost asked her out. Once. On a dare. For money. But he didn't. Legend has it that Van Gundy and 12 of his closet buddies threw $100 a person into a pool to ask the future Oscar winner out but none of them could muster up the courage.

2. Speaking of Yale, Jeff Van Gundy Does Not Need Yale
This man loves basketball so much he transferred from Yale, where he was cut from the basketball team as a freshman, to Menlo Junior College. (We've never heard of it either.) He transferred two more times before making the 1984 Division III NCAA Eastern Regional Championship with Nazareth College in Rochester, NY.

1. He Came Up With The Best Nickname for Phil Jackson Ever
Back in the day when the Knicks and Bulls battled just about every year in the playoffs, Phil Jackson got under Van Gundy's skin with some comments to the press. Van Gundy fired back by calling Phil Jackson "Big Chief Triangle," which is probably the most enjoyably immature coach-to-coach name calling that has ever taken place in the media.

knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/1/2014  7:30 PM
OasisBU wrote:Doesn't he still drive it?

I thought it got thrown by the jetblast from the Knicks plane after one of the playoffs games in 2000. his car landed on the others on the ramp.
BasketballJones
USA
10/2/2014  12:03 AM
Destroyed? Oh no!

I plan to find out what happened to it. I will locate the wrecking yard and try to find out where the steel was shipped and what was made out of it.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/2/2014  8:44 AM
they probably used the steel from JVGs civic in melo's house somewhere. no wonder everyone hates him.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
10/2/2014  9:05 AM
I'm pretty sure they used the steel for Starbury aglets. Funny how all steel always starts and ends up in China. It's like the water cycle.

More importantly, what did they do with the McD fries underneath the seats from the first big JVG contract celebration?

NYKBocker
USA
10/2/2014  11:51 AM
jrodmc wrote:I'm pretty sure they used the steel for Starbury aglets. Funny how all steel always starts and ends up in China. It's like the water cycle.

More importantly, what did they do with the McD fries underneath the seats from the first big JVG contract celebration?

Dude. His lunch of choice is a hotdog and diet coke from the Anderson Hill Rd hotdog stand for $1.50

jrodmc
USA
10/2/2014  12:04 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I'm pretty sure they used the steel for Starbury aglets. Funny how all steel always starts and ends up in China. It's like the water cycle.

Dude. His lunch of choice is a hotdog and diet coke from the Anderson Hill Rd hotdog stand for $1.50

Get a credible source, buddy. This is JVG's civic we're talking about.
Complete Handbook of Pro Basketball, 1997.

NYKBocker
USA
10/2/2014  1:03 PM
jrodmc wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I went to SUNY Purchase when Knicks practiced there. I too was a cheap bastard and had more than a couple of occasions that I ate that lunch on the side of the road with JVG. Although, I drank Coke Classic. This was when there was New Coke.

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
10/3/2014  4:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2014  4:30 AM
"I will locate the wrecking yard and try to find out where the steel was shipped and what was made out of it."

Make haste. The steel from the wreckage of Jeff Van Gundy's Civic was used by Neil deGrasse Tyson to make the Knickerbocker Sword of Eternal Basketball Happiness. The Knickerbocker Sword can only be activated by Kevin Durant while he is wearing a Knicks jersey. Used properly, it can heal Stoudemire, repel Bargnani, and make Melo into Bruce Bowen, ca. 2005. However, the Knickerbocker Sword is also dangerous. Used by someone other than Kevin Durant wearing a Knicks jersey, the ghosts of Alonzo Mourning, Marcus Camby and Drazen Petrovic (no one knows why Petrovic) will turn Iman Schumpert into evil Latrell Sprewell who will assault Spike Lee with a t-shirt gun leading to the collapse of MSG, JD and the Straight shot will play a benefit for the survivors. The Knickerbocker sword of Eternal Basketball Happiness made from the steel of Jeff Van Gundy's Civic must be used wisely and only by Kevin Durant wearing a Knicks jersey.

jrodmc
USA
10/3/2014  11:39 AM
Bruce Bowen was not an efficient player in 2005.
BasketballJones
USA
10/3/2014  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2014  2:45 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I went to SUNY Purchase when Knicks practiced there. I too was a cheap bastard and had more than a couple of occasions that I ate that lunch on the side of the road with JVG. Although, I drank Coke Classic. This was when there was New Coke.

Wow! Did he have his Civic at that time as well?

NumberTwoPencil
USA
10/4/2014  2:52 AM
" . . . Melo into Bruce Bowen, ca. 2005 . . ."

Oh, come on, 2005 was peak Bowen. The Knickerbocker Sword of Eternal Happiness made from the steel of Van Gundy's Civic does not lie. Bowen 2005 > Melo.

BasketballJones
USA
10/5/2014  7:22 PM
I'm pretty sure part of JVG's civic wound up on my iphone. I don't have any evidence, but I just kind of sense it.
jrodmc
USA
10/6/2014  9:27 AM
JVG civic steel would not allow your phone to bend in your pocket. That's a known scientific fact.

We're talking about steel that could cling to Zo's leg.

NumberTwoPencil
USA
10/6/2014  7:13 PM
One sure way to know if your iPhone contains steel from Jeff Van Gundy's Honda Civic: Look in your iTunes library to see if it contains the collected basketball highlight reels of Nazareth College.
Jeff Van Gundy's Cific

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy