[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IslesFan or GKFv2???
Author Thread
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

9/30/2014  4:41 PM
Knicks fan suing team after ejection for heckling Carmelo

A diehard New York Knicks fan is hauling Madison Square Garden to court over his right to heckle star forward Carmelo Anthony.
Former ING Broker Anthony Rotondi says in a new Manhattan Supreme Court filing that the venue’s security had him arrested — costing him his job — for “merely engaging in the type of fan-like conduct The Garden encourages each and every night that the Knicks play.”
Rotondi said he was within his rights to yell, “Carmelo, you stink!” during the final minute after the Knicks squandered a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter against the Detroit Pistons last January.
The Knicks eked out a 89-85 win, but the financial broker from Brooklyn didn’t get to see the victory.
Security guards removed him from his fourth-row seats behind the basket, where he was watching the game with his supervisor and two clients.
Then, the MSG employees tossed him out and had him arrested for interfering with the Jan. 7 game.
The married 42-year-old was charged with criminal trespass and tampering with a sports contest.

As if that weren’t enough, Rotondi says, an MSG official later called his employer to complain about his “disorderly” conduct and “abusive” behavior.
Rotondi says he was falsely accused of refusing to show his ticket and leave the venue.
On Jan. 9, he lost his job over the heckling incident.
He wants The Garden to hand over the identify of his accusers so he can sue them for libel.
But a source who was standing near Rotondi had a different version of the heckling events.
The Knicks fan told The Post that Rotondi said “Carmelo you f—ing suck!” Two other fans flagged down security, who then removed Rotondi to a standing ovation from the crowd.
Barry Watkins, head of communications at MSG, told The Post,, “This is a frivolous lawsuit, and we are considering counter-suing this individual
“We do not welcome anyone into the building who behaves in an inappropriate and hostile manner and those who behave that way are subject to ejections,” Watkins said.

AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
9/30/2014  9:52 PM
I think Islefan was actually pro-Melo so....
https:// It's not so hard.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/30/2014  10:18 PM
Not the way to behave with your manager and clients!

Usually reasonable people stop yelling if asked. If not, your gonna get tossed. Then to get arrested its likely the dude took it to another level of asswholeness!

BasketballJones
USA
9/30/2014  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  10:32 PM
MSG employees tossed him out and had him arrested for interfering with the Jan. 7 game.
The married 42-year-old was charged with criminal trespass and tampering with a sports contest.

As if that weren’t enough, Rotondi says, an MSG official later called his employer to complain about his “disorderly” conduct and “abusive” behavior.
Rotondi says he was falsely accused of refusing to show his ticket and leave the venue.
On Jan. 9, he lost his job over the heckling incident.

Wow, they sure made an example of him! Way to go Jimmy!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/30/2014  10:36 PM
Nalod wrote:Not the way to behave with your manager and clients!

Usually reasonable people stop yelling if asked. If not, your gonna get tossed. Then to get arrested its likely the dude took it to another level of asswholeness!

Sounds like to many beers. I don't think it was necessary for MSG to get him fired--he was already ejected and embarrassed. He might have kids to feed or parents to take care of. How many swears have I heard at sporting events from the first row back--well lets say the athletes have foul mouths I mean real real bad some coaches have foul mouths--worst mouth ever Jim Calhoun--you really could not have kids within 10 rows of him as every other word is the F word and many many fans have foul mouths. Just last week Geno Smith said fck you to a fan. I think its reasonable that fans swear within reason--and if its not within reason they should be ejected. But arrested and fired?

RIP Crushalot😞
BasketballJones
USA
9/30/2014  10:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  10:43 PM
... After which his wife divorced him, demanding $20,000 per month alimony, and his parents disowned him. Currently he is homeless and sleeping on a subway grate on 14th Street.... He is a pariah and shouted at and spat upon where ever he goes. All for heckling Carmelo....
Nalod
USA
10/1/2014  7:11 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:Not the way to behave with your manager and clients!

Sounds like to many beers. I don't think it was necessary for MSG to get him fired--he was already ejected and embarrassed. He might have kids to feed or parents to take care of. How many swears have I heard at sporting events from the first row back--well lets say the athletes have foul mouths I mean real real bad some coaches have foul mouths--worst mouth ever Jim Calhoun--you really could not have kids within 10 rows of him as every other word is the F word and many many fans have foul mouths. Just last week Geno Smith said fck you to a fan. I think its reasonable that fans swear within reason--and if its not within reason they should be ejected. But arrested and fired?

While that might be true, It could very well have been MSG calling about this guy in the ING season ticket seats and concerned he'd be back. I doubt there was any dialog about him being fired. Most likely this guy either has production issues or His drinking has "Spilled" over into his quality of work. You don't fire good people because MSG called. This is what this dude is claiming and unless we can follow the story or verdict we won't know. Never a good idea to drink with clients unless you are under control at all times. Personally I have a one drink limit and only over dinner. I never dine alone with a female client or employee. While its rare there can be problems, its just a safe practice. Its not necessary my lack of control but if THEY start to drink then you have all kinds of problems.

This clown's trying to get some money and its most likely no other firm wants to touch him. Lets be real, you got 4th row tickets and im going to guess its on the company. Your with your boss and two clients and the dude is making a spectacle of himself with no restraint. As sad as it may be, he kind of might have issues and perhaps they have been patient with him prior. We don't have ING's side of the story and most likely won't either.

ActionJackson

10/1/2014  10:37 AM
I wish we could hear what was said on the video because that to me makes all the difference. Voicing your strong displeasure at the team collapse in the 4th quarter....Sure, go ahead scream your little hater heart out but being a boorish drunken profane lout at a public sporting event gets you tossed and then refusing to leave gets you arrested and i for one applaud MSG for taking a hardline stance. Going to NBA,NFL,MLB & NHL games kind of sucks these days because you have a bunch of over entitled douchebags sitting in overpriced seats screaming obscenities or personal attacks at the players on the court/field/ice. There is this mentality that I or my company paid for these seats so i can say whatever i want and that is just 1000% wrong. Your "cheering & jeering" as Clyde might put it, don't give you the right to offend or impinge upon anyone else's right to enjoy the game. Also, just because you paid some money to come to the game doesn't give you the right to verbally attack the players especially since most of these Wall Street "Wannabe Warriors" types who have the expensive seats would never ever open their mouths to say anything if they were standing within 10 feet of the men on the court. So if you're not man enough to say it in person don't try to hide behind Row 7 Section 112 cause that's a punk move.
ActionJackson

10/1/2014  10:42 AM
I may the only person here (or in the world) that feels this way but when fans cross the line I stand with Ron Ron (aka The Panda's Friend) on how best to handle the situation.
#punksjumpuptogetbeatdown

F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

10/1/2014  10:53 AM
It's okay to boo the home team at half

Say chants like Fire Woodson or whoever's coaching

But don't F-Bomb Melo

Garden Wired Security with Stakeout Vans

Court Spiked Mics and all, handled by

Megadeath Methed out lookin dudes////Alrighty then!

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/1/2014  10:55 AM
Given the history of the way Herr Dolan has managed the press prior to Phil, I'm going to believe this guy's side of the story until facts prove otherwise.

And as a broker - surprised no one here has worked as one- I don't think the 'f' word is off limits or out of normal course for business communications.

ActionJackson

10/1/2014  11:00 AM
franco12 wrote:Given the history of the way Herr Dolan has managed the press prior to Phil, I'm going to believe this guy's side of the story until facts prove otherwise.

And as a broker - surprised no one here has worked as one- I don't think the 'f' word is off limits or out of normal course for business communications.

MSG is NOT the pit or your office.

BasketballJones
USA
10/1/2014  11:03 AM
Yeah people who yell curse words at MSG should be ejected, then fired from their jobs.
Nalod
USA
10/1/2014  11:57 AM
If the guy was with his superior and clients then he was within the boundries of his occupation. It includes entertaining clients.
If he was as discribed in the article then his termination is warranted. You don't act that way in the office. If he was on his own time, paying for his own seat and with people not work related then its his private affair.

Did MSG call the owners of the ticket and perhaps threaten to pull the seasts from them if this behavior continued? I'd say its a normal occurance after such an event. Did this call influence them to fire him? I doubt that.
If Im this guy and trying to sue I'd pull that card if I thought it would work. Its lame.
His actions go him fired. Not MSG. Deflecting blame is always better than owning up to the problem.

ActionJackson

10/1/2014  12:17 PM
I just wish i could've been there as Mr Rotondi was carrying his belongings in a cardboard box out of ING, so I could've shouted "Hey Anthony you %@^#%ing Suck!!!....way to choke away your career and livelihood....I wish we still had those other three brokers we traded away to get your worthless ***"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/1/2014  12:33 PM
It says in the article that other high priced season tickets holders applauded Rotondi being hauled off, so this was probably just as much about them as it was about him.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/1/2014  12:48 PM
Nalod wrote:Deflecting blame is always better than owning up to the problem.

Somehow, this will be Melo's fault. Does ING manage CAA holdings? Mooby Venture Capital, LLC.

Nalod
USA
10/1/2014  1:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:It says in the article that other high priced season tickets holders applauded Rotondi being hauled off, so this was probably just as much about them as it was about him.

Kinda of like around here

Nalod
USA
10/1/2014  1:04 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Somehow, this will be Melo's fault. Does ING manage CAA holdings? Mooby Venture Capital, LLC.

Does ING have any sponserships with MSG? Buy ad space on MSGTV? Billboards, etc? If so, and ING gives you tickets it reflects bad on the company.
Does ING have any financial interests with Melo in any capacity?

Rotonti Made him self a fool.

This is not at all on Melo, but at some point your not just yelling, our actually preventing others around you from enjoying the game. Kind of like going to a Jet game!!

ActionJackson

10/1/2014  1:04 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Exactly....I personally think KG should've been ejected & lost his job over LaLa Gate

IslesFan or GKFv2???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy